First and Final

Night Sky with No Stars

You watched the seconds tick away, each tick ringing louder in your ears and raising the anger, and wretched sadness that had been building up in your very soul for a while now. As the clock approached 3 am, you heard the quiet, yet shattering, click of the front door of your cold apartment being opened. You didn’t know how to react. Though your mind was telling you scream, shout and bawl until your throat was scratchy and your ears were resonating with your yells, your heart was telling you to just leave. Just leave the sincere and affectionate relationship that has now become a cold void with no love.

 

As Hanbin casually walked into the living, he was quite startled to see that you were sitting as stoic as a statue on the blue couch you guys bought together. Hanbin and you locked gazes; the silence was almost deafening, with not even a breath shared among you.

 

“Hey Y/N, what are you still doing up?” You could clearly see the nervous shaking of his eyes as they were unable to remain on yours for too long.

 

“Do you really have to ask? Just like every night for the past night, I’ve been waiting for you to come back to our home,” You weren’t able to keep your voice from shaking as you tried to keep your emotions, tears and heart ache in check.

 

“Babe, you know that Lee Hi’s promotions are going on…” You cut him off before he could utter another word about another female that has apparently taken first place in the competition for his priority that you didn’t even know you were competing in.

 

“I’m absolutely sick of you and your precious Lee Hi! How do you even have the nerve to walk into our house, at ungodly hours of the night and ask why I’m staying up for you! Don’t you take into account my feelings and how I would be feeling with you spending so much time with another girl?!” There was no stopping the salty streams of tears that had begun to steadily flow and began to blur your vision.

 

“Y/N…” Hanbin looked appalled that you even thought this way. Was he actually that clueless to how you have been feeling since he began helping Lee Hi with her new album, going as far as accompanying her to her music shows?

 

“No Hanbin. I’ve had enough. I can’t do this anymore. If I’m not the most important in your life, how can you expect to be mine? Come back when you have your priorities straight.” And with that final statement, you began to make your way to the bedroom, for another night of restless sleep.

 

Without warning, two powerful arms wrapped themselves around you like a coil and pulled you back to a hard wall of muscles. You struggled against his embrace but eventually gave up when you knew that there was no chance of you escaping when he became clingy like that.

 

He slowly turned your body around for you to face him, but you couldn’t look him in the eyes. You knew that all your emotions would come bursting out as soon as your gaze met his strong brows and warm brown eyes.

 

Hanbin placed his large hands against each of your cheeks delicately, like you were the most precious thing in the world, the very motion making your heart clench with emotion.

 

“Look at me beautiful girl, please,” Unable to resist Hanbin’s smooth voice, you timidly looked up to meet his stare. The amount of regret, pain and just pure love that was pouring out from his eyes was the last straw.

 

Unable to hold back anymore, you buried your head in his chest and let every suppressed sensation out, letting the tears soak his black tee and letting your sobs get muffled by the expanse of his chest. You let out every feeling of mistrust you held, of desperation and worry that you have felt for the last month when he didn’t come home by dinnertime, every ounce of undeserved anger you felt towards Lee Hi who was just a pawn in the complex chess that was your relationship.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry Y/N. I never knew that it was affecting you like this. I promise I’ll come home earlier. Please don’t cry anymore. You have to know that I love you. You’re hurting me,” Hearing the strain in Hanbin’s voice, you knew his apology was sincere and he was close to tears.

 

From the beginning of your relationship, you and Hanbin have felt each other’s emotions like your own. Hanbin’s happiness was your happiness and your sorrow was his sorrow. That’s how your complex web of a bond has developed and been able to keep your love in one piece.

 

Gazing up, past his prominent Adam’s apple and his sharp jawline, you placed a simple, gentle kiss upon his full lips. Opening your eyes, you meet his hesitant ones.

 

“I won’t be able to stand it if you do something like this again,” You state honestly. Though you were not a possessive and jealous type of girlfriend, there were limitations of how much Hanbin can push you by spending time with other girls and neglecting you.

 

Responding with a gentle against your nose, Hanbin replies “I wouldn’t ever even dream of ignoring you again. You’re my life and without you, I’d just be an empty sky with al the stars missing,”

 

“Stop being a cheese ball and come to bed, you dork,” And with that, you and Hanbin trailed along to your bedroom, both exhausted from the emotional release and finally getting your relationship on track again.