.end.

i ing love you

“let’s play a game.” yeri insinuated, pursing her lips in an evil smirk. joy probably caught onto it for she was now throwing the same look towards seulgi. 

 

seulgi her head to the side, feeling her goosebumps rise. she doesn’t have a good feeling about this. these rascals were up to no good again, and she’s not about to jeopardise her life again. 

 

“no.”

 

their smiles fell and seulgi feels a surge of triumph.

 

“why not?!” the duo whine, their pitchy voices ringing in her ears.

 

seulgi looked blankly at them, as if questioning whether they really were unaware of the answer. seulgi sighs.

 

“the last time we did, i ended up losing and i had to shave my eyebrows.” seulgi shivers, as she recalled that oh so traumatic incident. who knew that a game of rock-paper-scissors could completely turn one’s life around? yeri and joy were already laughing their heads off, clutching their tummies. these two has always found seulgi’s misery amusing. she rolled her eyes before reverting her attention back to stuffing her face in pringles.

 

they finally came to a stop, tears trailing down both of their cheeks. it might have been hell for seulgi, but for them, it was top notch entertainment. only seulgi,  only seulgi would be naive enough to succumb to their ridiculous orders. yeri ticked away her last tear before straightening her back and crossing her arms.

 

“if you win, we’ll get you a lifetime supply of pringles.” yeri stated firmly while joy nodded her head in agreement. 

 

seulgi slowly peeks her head out of the can. a lifetime supply of pringles? now that’s a good damn deal. but no. she couldn’t. what if she lost? who knows, she might have to shave her whole head this time. she shakes her head.

 

joy ponders for a moment, her eyebrows scrunched. seulgi was surely playing too hard to get.

 

“we’ll get you front row tickets to beyonce’s concert.” joy smoothly offered, she knew seulgi will not give up on this. seeing seulgi stiffen, they knew they had struck jackpot.

 

seulgi widened her eyes in shock. beyonce? watching single ladies performed live? it. there goes her every ounce of pride and ego.

 

“deal.”

 

—————————————————————————————————————————

 

“so what happens if i lose?”

 

“two tickets to paris, the city of love. oconomy class please!” yeri exclaimed, which joy snickered in response. seulgi rolled her eyes for the nth time today. the kids were really not gonna let her live.

 

“ha ha, very funny you brats. stop fooling around, i’m being serious.” seulgi monotonously said as she folded her arms. they ignored her again, busy giggling among themselves. typical.

 

“well?” seulgi questioned again causing them to halt, but bringing back those malicious smirks to their faces. seulgi frowns. what the did i just got myself into again? 

 

they rubbed their palms together, their smiles still evident on their faces which seulgi desperately urged to wipe off. seulgi knew she was screwed. she couldn’t back out now, that would make her a total noob. and the kids would never take no as an answer. there was simply no escape and seulgi is suddenly drowning in regret and sorrow. she begins to reminisce about her parents, imagining their disappointment once she returns home completely bald. this was not how she imagined her death would turn out to be. her parents were gonna ki-

 

 she was broken out of her trance by aggressive throat clearing.

 

“you have to confess your love for shon seungwan.” the devils replied in unison.

 

shon seungwan? her shon seungwan? the oh so amazing wendy shon, who’s effortlessly made the entire school population fall for her. because what’s there to not like about this ing beautiful creature? her soothing voice could melt anyone’s ears, tugging at everyone’s heartstrings. her eyes were so shiny and dazzling that she put the stars to shame. her hair was so smooth and soft that seulgi longed to thread her fingers in it. her bubbly personality made everyone wonder how a tiny body could possess all of that positivity. and her smile, god knows how much seulgi loved that lovely smile. the way it slowly creeps to her lips followed by her perfect cheekbones rising. it was a crime for shon seungwan to exist, not when she looks like that and makes every woman question their uality and every man yearn to make her theirs. she was so beautiful and seulgi could never decide if she wanted to be with her or be on her. the sight of her simply made seulgi’s heart sing lullabies and seulgi’s limbs go weak. she was too beautiful for the world and seulgi had never wanted more than anything but to be wendy’s second skin. seulgi thanks god everyday for allowing her to live in the same age as wendy, to be able to breathe in the same air as wendy and to be able to busk her eyes in the view that is no one else but shon seungwan. what a dream it would be if seulgi had the guts to conf-

 

wait. just wait a ing minute. confess? to the shon seungwan?

 

seulgi’s head snapped back to their direction as she scrutinised their faces to find nothing else but conviction. 

 

“no no no! you can’t do this to me!” seulgi begged, dropping to her knees and grasping onto both of their feet. the other students passing by did not even bother throwing the trio a glance or question their antics at all. because it was seulgi, joy and yeri. when were they ever not weird? 

 

“unnie, you agreed! there’s no turning back!”

 

seulgi looked up to them with pleading eyes, batting her eyelashes.

 

“please, my pretty princesses…”

 

 she knew it was no use but she at least had to try to pull herself out of this mess. seulgi had always admired wendy from a distance and she was not about to change that nor would she ever. she was contented like this. she couldn’t confess because how could she even come close to how perfect wendy is? she wasn’t worthy enough to even be in the same presence as wendy. it was too risky and too scary. approaching wendy could result in a rejection and she did not want that. she didn’t want things to be awkward between the both of them. it didn’t even matter if wendy didn’t even knew of her existence, her knowing wendy exists was enough. 

 

but then again, it was joy and yeri.. they were kind of heartless.. especially towards her.

 

“no.”

 

—————————————————————————————————————————

 

“let’s settle this with a game of rock-paper-scissors.” yeri suggested, taking amusement in the deep frown seulgi had on her face. she was so ing sick of these games. all the girl ever wanted was to watch beyonce sunbaenim live. was the girl wrong to dream?

 

after an intense round of chicken fight, strings of profanities and possibly broken bones, yeri has emerged victorious. and now it has come down to just joy and seulgi. 

 

a ing tie. what a joke.

 

seulgi readies herself by taking deep breaths and fixing her target on obtaining that vip ticket to beyonce’s concert. she wiped her sweaty palms dry, rolling up her sleeves and places her right hand behind her back. joy throws seulgi a hard look, fire blazing in her brown eyes. she her lips, mouthing you’re dead to the older girl. yeri whispers in joy’s ear for a moment, including a tempting offer of fried chicken for a week if she wins against seulgi. joy smiles smugly, cracking her neck and knuckles and bending her knees slightly before curling her left hand into a fist.

 

seulgi groans inwardly. she has to win this. this is the moment she has spent her 18 years waiting for. it was now or never. go big or go home. she has to save herself from the embarrassment she would have to live with for her remaining years if wendy completely disregards her confession. or even worse, what if she suddenly panics while making her way to wendy and faints? she wouldn’t need a reason to live anymore. 

 

she slaps herself to rid of the negative thoughts. you can do this seulgi.

 

“ok kids, on the count of three.” yeri’s voice broke the silence and seulgi feels joy’s eyes on her boring through her soul.

 

“one!” seulgi’s throat suddenly runs dry.

 

“two!” seulgi’s stomach was turning and churning.

 

“three!” seulgi’s heart fell.

 

—————————————————————————————————————————

 

seulgi’s life was a joke. 

 

all the odds were against her. 

 

because here she stood ten metres away from wendy, and seulgi suddenly forgets how to breathe. 

 

“go over there towards her, and scream i ing love you! got it?”

 

“got it.”

 

seulgi takes small, timid steps as each step brings her closer to the girl of her dreams. she turns her head around, spotting joy and yeri by the tables. they were wearing big smiles on their faces and although seulgi was still angered at them for doing her dirty like this, she feels her heart warm a little.

 

“GO GET THAT GIRL!”

 

“MAKE MAMA PROUD!”

 

seulgi instantly regrets being alive, turning her head back in shame and keeping her eyes to the ground.

 

yeri snuggles her face into the crook of joy’s neck as the taller girl ticks her fake tears away.

 

“our baby ddeulgi has finally grown up…” joy whispers softly into the air, holding yeri closer to her body.

 

seulgi was now five metres away and the anxiety kicks in. it was coursing through her veins at a high speed and it was eating her alive. seulgi spots wendy, alone with her best friend, irene, both individuals completely immersed in their heated discussion.

 

“why’d you have to my like that during dance practice?!” 

 

“is it my fault that your looks so inviting?!”

 

“that still doesn’t give you the right, bae joohyun!” 

 

seulgi smiles a little. wendy looks prettier when she’s mad.

 

the cafeteria was bustling, people screaming over each other’s voices, pieces of food being thrown here and there. amidst the havoc, seulgi’s eyes remained focused on wendy; they always lead back to wendy. 

 

three metres now. beads of sweat rolling down from seulgi’s forehead. she feels her voice getting stuck in and her heart palpitating way faster than usual as if she’s ran a 10 miles marathon. she’s suddenly hit by a mix of regret and fear and her heel. 

 

but wendy had already taken notice of the older girl’s presence. 

 

“seulgi?”

 

seulgi freezes. wendy knew her name? the shon seungwan actually knew she, a worthless human being, existed? oh my ing god. this was indeed both the best and the worst day of kang seulgi’s life. 

 

what amazing deed has seulgi done in her past life for her to be acknowledged by the woman who has claimed her heart before seulgi could even call it hers? SHE KNOWS MY ING NAME, THANK YOU GOD, I PROMISE TO BE BETTER. 

 

seulgi shyly turns around, with a stupid grin on her face. her eyes met wendy’s and seulgi staggers back as if wendy’s beauty was an actual blow. wow, she’s so ing beautiful upclose. so ing beautiful, i’m about to wife this woman up.

 

 seulgi’s jaw dropped, completely lovestruck. she was bedazzled by the woman in front of her and she was drowning in wendy’s sparkling but confused eyes. she stares intently, taking note of every detail that laid upon wendy’s face and encrypting it into her mind for she fret it might be the last chance she could ever get this close to wendy. sure she was screaming on the inside, her systems were going haywire, her mind was elsewhere and her heart has probably stopped but she had to make full use of the situation. because what were the odds of her crush knowing her name? and what were the ing odds that she was in close proximity with the woman that she desires to wake up to every morning?

 

seulgi was awakened out of her reverie when wendy gently touches her arm, concern splayed across her face. seulgi stiffens but nevertheless melts into her touch. 

 

“are you okay? do you need anything?”

 

wendy’s words go unheard as seulgi marvels about how soft wendy’s fingers are and how she deeply wants to trace the lines on wendy’s palm and hold her hand and just talk about anything and everything under the moon. seulgi sighs in content, reveling in the moment before the main agenda kicks in and hits her hard. 

 

the confession! the ing confession!

 

what was it again? i far king love you? i love you farting? dang it, why was english so hard?

 

seulgi mulled over the words for a bit as wendy looked on. seulgi’s eyebrows were furrowed, indicating she was in deep thought and her lips were jutted out in a pout. wendy giggles. for a moment, she finds the said girl cute. 

 

seulgi’s eyes abruptly lit up. she takes a deep breath to calm her messed up nerves. wendy leans in a tad closer, seeing how it seems like seulgi has something really important to say to her. 

 

seulgi cautiously threw wendy a smile before she screamed at the top of her lungs, veins throbbing in her neck,

 

“I LOVE ING YOU, SHON SEUNGWAN!”

 

silence overtook the cafeteria. 

 

gasps of horror by the entire school body. 

 

joy and yeri aggresively smacking their foreheads. 

 

seulgi flashing her famous eyesmile, thinking she had just nailed the confession. 

 

irene spilling the contents of her favourite fabric softener all over the floor. 

 

wendy’s face burning crimson red. 

 

the sound of fist against face as seulgi saw bursts of white light before everything went black. 

 

—————————————————————————————————————————

 

wendy tosses and turns in her bed.

she promptly sat up, holding her hurting head, hoping that the pounding and ringing would stop. 

 

kang seulgi... 

 

she smiles at the thought of her lover, her muse, her second skin. who knew that the girl who claimed she loved having with wendy ((which clearly did not happen judging by seulgi’s two missing front teeth)) would end up being the only one wendy’s life revolved around months later?

 

“mom?” 

 

wendy turns to see her baby jennie by the door, rubbing her eyes. jennie looks up, and wendy feels her heart wrench a little. she looks just like seulgi..

 

“it’s today.” jennie mumbled before leaving wendy alone. 

 

silvery dew blanketed the ground cover, dampening the open toes of their shoes and the smell of pine was heavy in the air. wendy and jennie walked side by side, their footsteps lost among the song of crickets and the whispering of the leaves.

 

grey skies illuminated around them as they got closer. jennie rushes infront, placing the fresh flowers on the ground. daisies. they were seulgi’s favorite. 

 

wendy looks on, letting the heartwarming feeling take control. she bends down as she lightly traced the carvings on the tombstone. tears finally cascaded from her tired eyes as jennie grips onto her frail mother a little tighter. 

 

“kang seulgi, i ing love you.”