The past and the endless

The Nightwalker

***

 

    He has to keep moving on. Since he was a small child, this urge to never stay in one place has never quite left. It’s not that he love to travel; it’s that he has never found a place that he could truly call home and mean it. He always had the hope that someday something would make him not want to roam so freely. He… also is a human—wanting to walk across beautiful roads under the open sky. That also, will always be a dream only.

 

***


    A clatter sound floated up to him from downstairs.
Mr.Jeon, closed the book he was reading. He needed to check it. This stuff overmastered him for almost four days. He was just too careful to make a move.

He stood and made for the door. He took his time to gather himself. 
It was important to stay calm. There were more than two five reasons to consider those rambling and clattering and aside from rats and some futile or lone critter, opportunities for crooked people were in his mind. 

He descended the stairs and slowly looked around. The place wrapped in darkness except for the lights coming from the streetlamps in the park. No, he won’t turn up the lights, it was distraction.

He continued to walk further to the kitchen and went suddenly still.
Standing by the open fridge was no way to be some animal or even a dog. Mr.Jeon’s breathing began to labour. He clutched the shear wall through the kitchen arch, and watched as the figure ingested each raw meat in his hands. The figure was human, very likely—except that he was able to eat those.

Mr.Jeon’s stomach collapses and he could feel his inside wanted to take out everything from it. When he made a sound of throwing up the figure turned to him.

The figure panicked and stumbled back.

“Who…” Mr.Jeon started. His voice scratching, “…who are you?”

Just after a blink of an eye the figure changes form.

“Oh my Lord!” Mr.Jeon gasped. Right in front of his eyes was his wife, Soo Young. 

“S-soo…” He tried. “Soo Young.”

“Honey. It’s me.” Said the figure—now a lady.
She really looked like his wife. And suddenly his heart pound in deep sadness. Why the world is making fun of him? Soo Young has no way to be in anywhere, she was nothing now but a cold, dead corpse. She’s dead. His wife died two months ago. He placed his palm into his chest, trying to manage his breathing. “Get out.”

“Honey…”

“Soo Young.” Mr.Jeon cried. “Soo Young.”

He would have killed it. He would have been strong. He would have been sane and managed it. But he wanted her. He wanted to feel her again so badly. She was his wife. He needed to stay rational and stable. He knew it. His situation and grief was making play with him. He wanted her. He would do everything to be with Soo Young.

He strolled forward and held her hand. “Soo Young.”

“Honey.” Soo Young cried.

He held her tight into his arms and cried. “I miss you.” He cried. “I miss you, Soo Young.”

He could feel the body began to change. Creep up his spine and he detached himself.

He watched her transformed into its previous form. He didn’t know why this abrupt display of disturbance was making him no effect of any spook now or terrifying revelation, except that for one thing—beginning to be born in his head. If he was not able to feel any fear anymore, if now he was losing his mind, if this is a total madness, and if he wanted her then…

“Who are you?” Mr.Jeon asked, his eyes watered.

The figure stepped back, the half of his body hidden in the dark. 

“Stay away.” Said the figure, his voice hoarse. The voice has no way to be akin belong to the smoothness and the supple quality of his legs. 
He looked even younger. He was a boy. He was so pale. 

“Who are you?” Mr.Jeon asked again, now taking a wary step forward.

“I’m…” the figure said… his voice was losing life. “I-I’m…”

“I’m not going to hurt you.” Mr.Jeon said. He took another step forward, now reaching out his hand. “Tell me. Trust me, I won’t hurt you. Please.”

“I’m…”

Mr.Jeon walked straight to the fridge and took all the raw meat he may find and held them firm in his arms, he turned to present for him. “Here. Take all of this. Take everything you want. Just… stay.”

 

 


Mr.Jeon was sitting in his rocking chair. There was nothing he could ask for. He has his heart’s desire. 
Over the bed was the boy. His body tangled in the sheets and the sun dusted him with gold. His eyes opening. He shifted and clutched the sheet to cover his body when he noticed someone was watching him.

“Good morning.” Mr.Jeon said.

The boy seemed to be shy and quiet. He was… angelic even. His eyes dropped down into the sheets he was fidgeting.

“Tell me your name.” Mr.Jeon said, his voice calm and careful.

There was a long silence. Mr.Jeon almost gave up and was gathering another new question. Nevertheless, everything seemed to be bright and tender.

“Kyungsoo.”

The words gave him a pause as though all the questions in his life were now finally answered. He nodded and pressed a smile. “That is… a very nice name.”

Kyungsoo seemed to be flattered. There was an immediate coloring in his cheeks as Mr.Jeon delivered his compliments.

Mr.Jeon leaned forward, elbows on knees. “Kyungsoo. I want you to know that I’m not going to hurt you. I will never make a thing to hurt you. But I have a favour.”

Kyungsoo didn’t say a question, perhaps, he never been able to create one.

“I am asking you to stay in my house.” Mr.Jeon said in a very serious voice, however, soft. “and that is a favour to take your right to go back home—in case you have one, which I guess—“

“—I will stay.” Kyungsoo suddenly said.

Mr.Jeon’s eyes snapped up. He nodded. “But in one condition.”
This time, it’s Kyungsoo’s turn to look at him.

“I’m not scared.” Mr.Jeon started. “I don’t know how. Maybe I’m crazy. I lost my mind. But you can change form into… anybody. And I… I wanted to see my… my wife…” the words faded as he started to cry.

“I wanted to feel her again.” Mr.Jeon sobbed. “You can help me. You can change.”
Just as he was finished to his last word Kyungsoo’s form changed into a lady.

Mr.Jeon’s eyes now flooding in tears. Right before him was Soo Young. This is gonna be insane. But he was crazy. He wanted his wife. He wanted it more than anything in his life.
Mr.Jeon straight up his head and looked straight into Soo Young’s eyes.

“C-can I… touch you?” Mr.Jeon asked.

Kyungsoo, in the form of a lady, nodded and let Mr.Jeon to touch him.

 

 


It has been so frail and solitary. Impractical and whole infatuated in reverie. A total answer to an incomplete question. Love in the man’s chests dearly desired, impregnable and illicit. He touched his woman body and surrendered to this hairsbreadth of dream. He gave everything to him. Everything he has. Love, money, soul. It was not equal to what is needed. He gave Kyungsoo his total patrimony, his all, in a form of a signed covenant. He make him his son in legal papers, make him the owner of his new bought unit in this village and made him his own.

Questions began to bubble up. People knew that his wife never been seen in his house because she was confined, in a hospital, for a long, long time. This new house he bought was intended for her. It was planned. When time comes, that she was finally able to come out and live together with him. Living in this house for a decade without someone to live for was nothing but a plain torture. Ten complete years. Without wife and children. He bought this home for his wife. He count a year and then another, until years have passed. Ten Years. 
But she never made it. She’s gone after ten years.

And now was the time.

Questions began to bubble up. “Where is your son?” “I never saw your son.” “Don’t you think he should get into school?” “How old is he?” “Where did you get him?” “What’s your plan for him?”


It was tiring in some ways like one of their quiet days a sweeper coaxing Mr.Jeon to let his son go out and make production in his life. Kyungsoo is not blind. He knew he was not wanted in this place. And sometimes, being able to cry in the middle of darkness surprised him. Mr.Jeon was kind. He always making sure that Kyungsoo would feel it.

 He never let them mar his dream and Kyungsoo’s future. 

“She wanted this home. She liked it. I toured her in this humble home.” Mr.Jeon detailed. He was lying on his back but the bed was soft and bright with Kyungsoo beside him.

“How?” Kyungsoo asked. “You said she can’t walk.” His brows furrowed.

Mr.Jeon poked his little nose. “Silly. I made a video tour.”

Kyungsoo burst in a pit of laughter.

Mr.Jeon stared into Kyungsoo’s full face. He was never been so happy in his entire life. Kyungsoo was the best gift he ever had. And he didn’t want him to suffer from malicious people. He was willing to give him everything, even his life. The hope Kyungsoo gave him was priceless, and Kyungsoo does not deserve to be kept waiting to be the heir of his wealth. He would have taken him into another place. He would have given him what he deserved. Only if he has a lot of time. This dream was enough. This happiness was all he wanted. Kyungsoo will be a happy living thing in the world, in the future. He’d make sure of that. Wish he has a strong heart to tell him how he loved him, how important he is to him. Maybe he was not meant to be strong enough. 

Kyungsoo was playing with his fingers, sometimes, if not with his hands then with his mouth. He loved to watch him like this.
This was their nights. Sometimes, and sometimes Mr.Jeon would let Kyungsoo feel the right to be alone in his own bedroom. He gave him everything that he needed.

 

 


The sun was bright. Kyungsoo felt his inside craving for something heavy and fleshly. He sat up and tried to calm himself. He went out of his bedroom and slowly strolled all the way to Mr.Jeon’s room.
He watched Mr.Jeon sleeping. This was never compared to anything. He liked him. He was his safe zone. He was the only thing in his entire existence that made him feel loved. 

He approached and laid his light body next to him, pushed his leg over Mr.Jeon’s belly. He watched him sleep. He reached out his hand and touched his face. He was a good person and Kyungsoo began to imagine how he’d look like to live with him for the rest of his life. He’ll make him happy. He’ll make him breakfast. He’ll give him massage. He will change form into a lady everytime he needed. He watched him. Kyungsoo always thought that Mr.Jeon—in his forties—was nice looking in an understated way. Dark hair. Lean, but muscled. He was quiet and soft-spoken, but always friendly.  

Halfway to another imaginary future, Kyungsoo noticed that in every shift he was making Mr.Jeon was not responding.
He watched him very close and waited, until it was not comforting anymore.

Kyungsoo took hold of Mr.Jeon’s shoulder, trying to stir him up. Kyungsoo noticed Mr.Jeon’s body felt like stiff. He tried to stir him up again. “Mr.Jeon.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes began to water. In all of his times seeing persons dying in his hands, this was the first to be unwanted. This was the most inadequate. This is was the abrupt he didn’t want to experience.

He straddled Mr.Jeon and kissed his cheeks. “Hey, wake up.” His voice was breaking. He was just like that for the next minute. He put his arms protectively across Mr.Jeon’s chest, his thumb rubbing his skin. He wrapped himself in his warmth like a blanket. 

“Mr.Jeon!” he whispered in time with the first fall of his tears.

“Mr.Jeon!”

He looked around to find something helpful. He was appalled that his eyes saw a container of pills over the bedside table. In his surprise, it was almost empty. He never pictured Mr.Jeon to do this. 
He never saw it coming. No! He won’t do this. He was not a man who practices damage and destruction. Mr.Jeon cared for him. Mr.Jeon kept him safe. No! He won’t believe it. He’s not seeing it. 

But it was over.

He was gone and Kyungsoo felt like all of the forces in him has gone as well. He shook his head, his eyes wide with fear. His heart sank. It was not dying he should’ve been afraid of. It was this. Losing him.

He didn’t know how he would live his life again.

Maybe he was not meant to be with someone. He was, for all honesty—a creation that needed to be destroyed.

But he was fated to meet someone who will teach him to feel those breakable and easily damaged emotions, the world’s fragile sentiments.

He had his choices.

And he was always untouchable. Cold. Exists only for physical portion of humanity.

“—I will stay.”

He had said that.

And he’d regret that decision.

 

***


The rain has stopped and the sun is shining.

He was sitting in one of the benches. A particular recollection swipes in his head. He sighed. The past has been so hard, but entertaining. And now he was feeling this new day and the new feeling in his look. He could feel the sunlight praising his pristine, brand-new feature as he sat quietly. It was nice to spend time doing something enjoyable after he has been doing a lot of work.

He was smiling. He felt like he really looked good today.

He was alone in the park when someone approached him.

Nice height, slender, fair skin and good looking man stood before him.

“Hi, you’re alone.” The good looking man said it just after he detached his headphone and hooked it around his neck. He looked gorgeous looking down at him.

He answered to that very word, “Yeah, how was you?” he asked.

“I’m fine. I just got transferred in one of the units in this block this week. I took this free time to wander around. By the way, I’m Sehun.” The good looking man said, he reached out his hand.

“Hi. Nice to meet you.” He replied and took his hand.
Sehun sat beside him and continued to talk. “This place is very nice. All the people I met were all nice so far.”

“I would exactly say that much.” He replied.

“Yeah, so, what’s your name?” Sehun said as he stared into his face with interest.

He moved his face up and looked into Sehun’s eyes. His lips curved into a shy smile and said,

“I’m Jongin. Kim Jongin.”

Sehun’s lips pressed a smile and his eyes shown a great impression as he stared into Jongin’s face. He was too fascinated that he was not aware of his doing until Jongin tugged his hand from his grip.

Sehun snapped from his enchanted. “Oh, sorry for that. I was thinking if… I mean, c-can I ask you for a dinner tonight? Y-you know I’m alone and I- I just w-want to—“

“—I will come. Six.” Jongin replied with a smile, his eyes shown a silver sheen as he stared into Sehun’s excited face.
Sehun’s mouth dropped but he repressed them, “Oh, that’s cool.”
Jongin smiled at him, “Yeah, that’s cool.”

Kyungsoo, now in Jongin’s form looked up in the sky …


Endless possibilities roll in his mind. It’s a labyrinth of his wonder
and unusual nature stretching out before him, this place that he have been to for so long is tinged with dark and rotting memories. 
And for the first time in his life he felt suddenly lost, and it’s beginning to be impossible to find whatever it is he’d been searching for.

    

~End~

A/N: Thank you for reading this even it stinks. It was done in a rush and I feel bad about it.
But thank you still.
Anyway, I won’t ask anything from you guys but this one thing only; PLEASE VOTE EXO IN MAMA. PLEASE STOP DOUBTING THEM. IF YOU FEEL LIKE THIS YEAR IS THE TIME FOR THEM TO STEP BACK, THINK VERY CLEARLY!!! MAYBE YOU’RE NOT TOO INTO THEM AND YOU ARE JUST ONE OF THOSE PLAIN FAN WHO GO WITH WHAT WAS THIS WORLD IS OFFERING YOU WITH NEW CHOICES!!! GROSS WHEN I SAID THAT RIGHT? I DON’T CARE! YOU CAN CHOOSE ANYTHING THE WAY YOU LIKE, JUST DO NOT MESS WITH EXO AND THE FANDOM. MAYBE OTHER THINGS ARE WHAT EXACTLY MAKES YOU COMPLETE AND HAPPY SO DON’T HESITATE. YOU HAVE YOUR FREE WILL. ANYWAY, THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS REMAIN AND WILL ALWAYS BE. THE WORLD IS SPINNING, AND THINGS GET CHANGED ALONGSIDE ITS JOURNEY, BUT HISTORY ARE SEALED AND ENGRAVED INTO THIS GROUND WE ARE BOTH STANDING IN, NEW THINGS CAN BE ANYTHING TO BE WHAT THEY SUPPOSED TO BE, BUT IT CANNOT ERASE WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE PAST. IT WILL NEVER! SO KEEP IT UP. GO ON AND DON’T LOOK BACK TO THROW SOME . YOU HAVE A POTENTIAL TO SHARE GOOD THINGS IN THE WORLD. USE IT.