The Truth

Behind The Camera
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BLACKPINK was in a pictorial for their own Elle Magazine issue, looking undeniably chic and classy with their outfits on. Collaborating with one of the most luxurious brands in the industry, the four girls were slaying so far. Jennie was then the one in the spotlight.


"You're doing great, hon. That's it, hold that pose."


Jennie held her intense gaze and chic stance, doing what was instructed, as the photographer satisfyingly clicked away. The sound of camera shutters and the occasional "oohs" and "aahs" of the staff were the only noise present in the studio.


For Lisa though, those noises were nothing compared to the deafening beating of her heart and the furious flapping of butterflies's wings in her stomach. Only one person could make her feel that way and she was standing just meters away from her, slaying every fiber of her existence just like Jennie Kim always effortlessly does.


Lisa was doing so great at keeping her feelings at bay for the past weeks, willing herself endlessly to stop being so emotionally attracted to Jennie. That day, though, she couldn't help but break her streak. It was too hard not to ogle at the perfection before her.


"God, she's so beautiful," Lisa thought, unconsciously piercing a loving gaze at the brunette who's wearing a black, elegant dress with a long sleeve on one side and none on the other. "So goddamn perfect."


Being in the spotlight, it was only natural to have everyone's eyes on her but Jennie could feel someone's gaze boring into her. Even without searching who it's from, Jennie knew it was Lisa since she's been at the receiving end of it for quite a while. The redhead has been nothing but vocal and showy about how she truly felt about her.


In all honesty, it was kind of annoying at first but Lisa remained persistent, so annoyingly but cutely persistent that the redhead eventually started growing on Jennie more than she actually cares to admit. But, of course, Jennie herself didn't know that just yet.


"Last 5 frames, Jen. Give me all you got," the photographer urged, angling her shot for the last few frames, to which the brunette nodded.


Oddly, Jennie felt much more into it than ever. She slightly gaped her lips apart and pushed her chin out to highlight her jawline, while she looked at the lens with a fierce, sultry gaze as if she's trying to seduce the camera, thus seducing everyone in the studio... And the most enticed person was no other than Lalisa Manoban.


Lisa was completely lost into her own little world-- that world being Jennie-- that she became oblivious of everything else around her until Jisoo forcefully pushed her chin up to close her widely gaping mouth.


"Ya, a fly might find its way to your mouth."


Lisa gulped hard, her dried lips to moisten them up. She rapidly blinked to help herself out of the rest of her trance and looked at Jisoo who was teasingly smirking at her, "W-What, unnie?"


"Our Lisa is so whipped." Jisoo squinted her eyes, slowly shaking her head playfully. "Could you be more obvious?"


"I d-don't know what you're talking about," Lisa feigned, blushing a deep scarlet color. She knew there was no point denying it, especially to their unnie, but she still tried.


Keeping her laugh to herself, Jisoo snorted at how embarrassed their maknae was. Jisoo being Chichyu, the purple-haired visual was about to tease the redhead more but to Lisa's gratitude and to her dismay, the photographer called Lisa over. Apparently, Jennie's solo photoshoot was done.


"See ya later, MC Chu," Lisa winked then heaved a sigh of relief, standing up from her chair. That actually saved her from her unnie's inevitable endless ribbing. She couldn't believe she let herself be drawn to Jennie once again. The brunette just has so much effect on her.


The photographer patted Jennie on the shoulder, giving her a proud smile. "Good job, Jen. Those last few frames were the best!"


Grateful, Jennie thanked her before she walked to where the members were seated. Halfway, she was about to cross paths with Lisa but the maknae didn't pay any attention to her which she was so not used to. Jennie has no idea what came over her but she purposely bumped into the dazed redhead who seemed to be too pre-occupied with her thoughts.


"Oh, sorry--," Lisa lifted her head, turning bubbly just at the sight of Jennie and giving her one of her grins that make her cheeks pop. "Jennie unnie!"


Successfully getting the maknae's attention, Jennie tried to keep her "cold unnie" facade despite the strong desire to smile because of that sweet, innocent beam.


"Geez, watch where you're going," the brunette said coldly even if she was the one who bumped into Lisa on purpose, crossing her arms over her chest. "What were you thinking about, anyway?"


"You and how y you are," Lisa answered without any second thoughts, letting her heart speak for itself just like how she always does when it comes to Jennie. She truly was a hopeless case. That outfit on the brunette made it impossible for Lisa to think straight.


"Ugh." There came Jennie's usual response to which Lisa was already used to. The brunette just always shut her down like that. All the time, without fail. But the maknae always remained a ball of sunshine and optimism despite the pain. With the same sweet grin that always reaches her beautiful eyes, Lisa continued, "You don't really have to ask. You know I'm always thinking about you."


The usual feeling of irritation didn't come, instead the older member felt oddly happy hearing that from Lisa. Jennie rolled her eyes, mostly just out of habit, but what she did next was what caught both of them off guard. For the first time in forever, the smooth Lisa was lost for words.


She's s-smiling? Lisa couldn't believe her eyes. Jennie usually rides with her innuendos when they're in front of a camera but that was the first time ever that Jennie showed her gummy smile to her flirting attempts off-cam.


Realizing what just happened, Jennie quickly pursed her lips into a straight line but was already too late since Lisa caught that all too well. Brown eyes pierced through another set of brown orbs as Lisa searched for an answer. 


That was no where near the gaze Jennie was so used to getting from the maknae. If it made any sense, it was much more intense, desperate and... loving. Jennie literally felt her heart skip a beat or two, feeling so weak on her knees that she had to lean on the table beside her.


Jennie wasn't completely trusting of herself with the way she's been acting because of the redhead that moment so she was so thankful that the table was there to catch her 'coz she would've held onto Lisa for support if it wasn't. And the thought of that-- the thought of holding Lisa-- made her hair stand on end. What is this feeling? Jennie never once felt that way towards Lisa but she was feeling it then and it confused her to no end.


"Lisa? We're ready for you now."


The photographer poking on her shoulder broke Lisa out of her trance. She cleared to remove the lump building in it but her voice still broke when she turned to the photographer and said, "Y-yeah, I'm sorry."


Lisa didn't so much as look at Jennie again because she might not be able to go if she did, so she just walked away. Jennie reflexively gasped when her lungs burned for air once the maknae was gone. She didn't even realize that she was holding her breath until she watched Lisa's retreating profile.


What the heck just happened?

------

"Chaeng! I have something to tell you!" Jisoo blurted giddily, waving Rosé over. Rosé just returned from the bathroom and wasn't gone for a long time so it piqued her curiosity, "What? What? What did I miss?!"


"Our Lisa being so whipped for Jendeukie," Jisoo said so excitedly to the other maknae's dismay. Rosé looked at her incredulously, thinking she got hyped up for nothing, "So, what's new?"


Jisoo clicked her tongue in disbelief, shaking her head. "Ah, Chaeng, you're so dumb. Didn't you notice Lisa was trying to keep it lowkey these past few weeks? She never flirted with Jendeuk behind the camera."


Rosé scrunched her brows together as if what Jisoo said didn't make any sense. She's the closest to Lisa out of them three and she's the only one to whom Lisa confirmed her true feelings towards Jennie. The redhead must have already told her if that was the case but Rosé couldn't just brush off what Jisoo said because that was true. She wouldn't have noticed if Jisoo didn't actually point it out.


"Oh, you're right, unnie. But why would she?"


"I don't know," Jisoo shrugged, the corners of lips turned downwards when she did. "Maybe, she's giving up? She's been so whipped for Jendeuk for like a year, only to be shut down every time. Everyone has their limit, you know."


The two were too absorbed in their own conversation that they were oblivious of Jennie's presence joining them both. The brunette heard everything, though, clearly at that and each word felt like a stab on her heart because it all made sense. That's when it hit Jennie. And it hit her real hard.


That was the first time in a long time that she felt Lisa's piercing, burning gaze on her. That was the first time Lisa openly flirted with or, should she say, bugged her after such a long time as well. It's not that Lisa was avoiding her completely. It's just that the flirting became pretty non-existent off-cam lately. Jennie usually just brushes it off whenever Lisa does flirt with her that she hadn't realized that it was exactly what was missing in her life lately.


If she hadn't caught Lisa's attention earlier, the redhead wouldn't even have talked to her like that at all. That's when it finally dawned on her why she did what she did and why she felt what she felt... Jennie missed Lisa so badly, her adorably annoying and persistent Lalisa Manoban, who apparently gave up on her already. To further add to Jennie's surprise, it hurt. It hurt thinking that Lisa was so tired of getting the same treatment over and over again that the maknae was so pushed further up the wall that she just chose to let go.


Lisa stood there, trying to keep her mind blank as much as she could, as the photographer scrutinized her in her outfit. It wouldn't be good if her mind was troubled by the thought of Jennie while she's working. She made herself believe that whatever happened meant nothing but deep inside her, she's never hoped so much that it was something... Just anything. The thought of it being anything, though, frightened the out of her. Her mind and heart were colliding into one another like no one's business that it exhausted her emotionally.


"Uh-huh! Oppa!"


That  enthusiastic shout from the photographer silenced the entire studio and pulled Lisa from her train of thoughts. Even the three other members, who were busy with their own dilemmas, snapped their heads towards Lisa and the photographer.


"E-excuse me?" A bewildered Lisa asked, giving her a confused look.


"Perfect!" The photographer clasped her two hands together, looking so pleased with herself. "Act and pose like a man, Lisa. That outfit is just perfect!"


Unlike the other three before her, Lisa was dressed in some kind of a lady suit with studs forming a V from her collarbone all the way down. It was an edgy, "manly" look like she was the thorn amongst the roses.


Not that she had a choice, Lisa just complied and nodded, taking in the direction of the photographer and posing the best she could as if she's really an oppa, attracting all the girls in the area.


And she did not disappoint.


Lisa's an unnie-attracting machine, alright. All the girls in the vicinity were mesmerized by her and one couldn't keep her thoughts to herself, "Whoa, Lisa looks so damn hot. I'd definitely do that."


The three members cocked their heads to whoever it was that had the audacity to talk about Lisa like that. It was an unspoken understanding in their group that Lisa is their 'oppa' and no one elses. It was mostly like sisterly love but, for Jennie, it wasn't just that anymore.


It wasn't the first time a lady got so whipped for Lisa but Jennie just usually brushes it off... Maybe, because deep down she knew Lisa was hers? That, Jennie had no definite answer to but what she was certain about is that she was so damn jealous when she heard Lisa giggle shyly.


Lisa glanced at the beautiful woman who shamelessly praised her. She was nothing compared to Jennie, though. For Lisa, no one ever compares to Jennie. But it was a nice feeling being appreciated once in a while, especially from a pretty lady like that.


"Ya, Hana, keep your remarks to yourself," the photographer/producer reprimanded her daughter who personally asked her permission to come there that day, promising that she'd behave.


"Oops, sorry," Hana said with a mellifluous voice, biting her lower lip into a smirk, as she fixed her seductive gaze on Lisa to which the maknae responded with a wink, living up to her character at the moment. A little fan service won't hurt.


The photographer just sighed at her daughter's innuendo, shaking her head in disapproval. If Hana does it again, she'll personally kick her daughter out of there.


"Sorry about that. Let's continue," the photographer said, turning her gaze back to Lisa who seemed to have professionally regained her composure again. "Last 10 frames. Work it."


As much as she wanted to deny it, Jennie couldn't bring herself to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter