Finale

WTF

Jungyeon groaned when she heard her doorbell rang nonstop. “Go away!” She yelled before diving her head into her pillows. Nice comfy pillows after a hard night out with her squad. When she thought the bell ringer stopped, the annoying sound boomed again.

Doorbells didn’t clicked with hangover. Ever.

“Oh . Fine.” The girl sat up on her bed trying to hold back the dizziness as best as she could then walked to the front door to kick whoever rang her bell mercilessly on a Saturday morning out.

The owner of the apartment harshly yanked the door open. “What do you wa—Nayeon?” Jungyeon was a bit surprised to see her best friend stood there on her doormat.

“Party hard?” The guest asked once she saw her best friend’s state. She walked into the apartment before the owner gave her the permission.

Jungyeon squinted her eyes and massaged her head. “Err… Kind of.” She closed the door after she saw her best friend marched inside.

“We need to talk.” Nayeon said once she stopped her track and turned to face the hungover girl.

“… Can’t it wait?”

“Nope.”

The taller girl knew how adamant her best friend when she was onto something. She sighed and took a seat on her breakfast stool. “Okay, go...”

Nayeon took a deep breath. “I’m pregnant.” And dropped the bomb.

Jungyeon creased her eyebrows. “… Okay…” She was actually confused about how to react to that statement.

“And I’m sure it’s yours.”

The shorthaired woman gasped. “What the f—What do you mean it’s mine?”

“Because you have a and your pull out game and I only slept with you.”

The tall girl blinked several times while processing the news into her brain. “.” Jungyeon pulled a fistful of her hair. “Are you sure?”

“Yep.”

“ me…” Jungyeon slumped on her seat and covered her face with her palms.

“Look, Jungyeonie… I told you this not because I want you to marry me or anything. I just want to let you know about this baby that I’m keeping. I leave it to you if you wanted to be part of their life later.”

~~~

“What?!!” Jihyo spurted out some of her drink. “You’re going to have a roly-poly, chubby cheeked, machine?”

“Not me, Nayeon will…” The older girl only stirred her drink with her straw.

“You’re not going to do anything about it?”

Jungyeon harshly yanked the straw from her glass. “It has been only what… a day? Not even a day. I need to think it through. That’s why I need you. You might be crazy but you’re the wisest friend I have.” She said desperately.

“Aww…” Jihyo playfully pinched Jungyeon’s cheek several times. “How sweet of you, Unnie.” She grinned. “So how exactly did Nayeon Unnie tell you?”

“Well she gave me the right to choose whether I wanted to involve in this kid’s life or not. And she didn’t force me to marry her or anything related to it.” Jungyeon held her coffee mug with both of her hands.

“And now you still don’t know if you wanted to be involved or not.”

The older girl nodded. “Correct.”

“So let’s make a list of pros and cons by having kids.” Jihyo took out her notebook and started to write something down. “Kids are cute, so that’s a pro.”

A baby that was a few seats away from them suddenly started to wail. Jungyeon massaged her temple. “Uhh… Noise… That’s a con.”

“Kid needs a lot of money. That’s a con.”

“ machine like you said.”

Jihyo chuckled. “True.” She wrote it down anyway.

“Nayeon has to do it all alone.” Jungyeon spoke softly.

The younger girl’s brow shot up when she heard the statement. “That’s a…?”

“Con.”

“Do you like her, Unnie?”

“Who? Nayeon? Well… I wouldn’t make her pregnant if I didn’t.”

“I mean like her in a romantic way not in the erted way.”

Jungyeon shrugged. “It just seemed unfair to me when she has to go through this alone while I’m the perp.”

“Conscience… Good.” Jihyo looked down on her list. “Pro 1 Cons 4. So…?”

Jungyeon sipped on her coffee. “I don’t know. What do you think?”

Jihyo sighed as she let her brain works. “If I were you, I would take part on this kid’s life.”

“Why?”

“Well duh. I did the deed I have to be responsible to it.”

“Ouch. Direct -slap to my face.”

The younger girl chuckled. “And I don’t have a heart to let Nayeon Unnie to face this alone, Unnie.” Jihyo closed her reasoning. “Plus, you two make a cute couple.”

~~~

Nayeon calmly drank her tea. She looked at the fidgeting person sitting across her. “So? What do you want to talk about, Jungyeonie?”

Jungyeon hummed. “I want to be a part of this.” She looked at her best friend.

“Are you sure?”

Jungyeon fidgeted more in her seat. She didn’t know why she felt nervous under the stare of the calm Nayeon. “Yeah. I took part in making them, I should take part in raising them.” She tried to gather her faltered confidence.

“Okay.” Nayeon smiled.

“So what should I do?”

“Next week I’ll have a doctor appointment, you should go with me.”

“Alright.”

~~~

“Everything looks good. That dot is your baby.”

Nayeon smiled and then turned to glance at the jaw dropped Jungyeon. “Your baby.”

The shorthaired girl gulped and nervously nodded.

“Your wife is so nervous. It’s okay, Mrs…”

“Uhh she’s not my wife. She’s the ‘father’ but we’re not married.” Nayeon was quick to clarify who was Jungyeon to her doctor.

“Oh… I see.” The doctor smiled understandingly. “Alright. I’ll make the copy of the picture for you and the other mother of the baby.”

“That would be great. Thank you.”

~~~

“Lamaze class is tomorrow, Jungyeonie.”

“What in the is Lamaze class?” Jungyeon groaned. She banged her head several times on her coffee table.

“It’s like a yoga class but for pregnant ladies, Unnie. Teach them how to breathe during the labor.” Dahyun spoke.

“What?” Both Jihyo and Jungyeon exclaimed and looked at their ‘dongsaeng’ at the same time.

Dahyun nodded again when she felt eyes on her. She was playing Jungyeon’s Wii with Jihyo.

“How did you know?” Jihyo was the one who asked this time.

“My Unnie’s husband couldn’t make it to the class so I was the substitute.”

“Is it tiring?” Jungyeon had to confirm.

“Hmm… For you? Tiring no. But it’s going to be boring. Definitely.” Dahyun answered.

The shorthaired girl groaned again.

“It’s good for both, the mother and the baby.” The youngest of the three added.

~~~

Turned out, Lamaze Class was very fun to Jungyeon. Not because of the moves but because she could see Nayeon’s awkward poses and how hard the girl tried to stretch her stiff body.

“Last step to close our class, partners of the pregnant ladies, show your positive energy to the baby. Put your hand above the belly and send the positive energy.” The instructor said.

“What does that even mean?” Jungyeon whispered to Nayeon.

The pregnant mother shrugged. “Just do what she said.”

Jungyeon placed her hand on Nayeon’s bulging stomach. “Wow. I never actually touch this, but uhh… It felt… good. Strangely good.”

Nayeon chuckled. “My body is just that good, Jungyeonie.”

“Send your positive energy, say what you want to say to the baby inside.” The coach instructed again.

“Do I have to?” The shorthaired girl asked her partner of the day.

Nayeon only rolled her eyes. “Duh…”

Jungyeon kneeled down, hand was still perching on the belly. “Uhh… Hi there. I’m sending my positive energy to you…” She chuckled and found this is a bit funny. “You be good there and grow healthily because your doctor is expensive as fudge.”

“Yah!” Nayeon slapped the back of Jungyeon’s head.

“Kidding.” Jungyeon grinned. “So uhh… Baby, grow healthily and be good to your mother because she’s sacrificing so much just to keep you there, okay? Uhh…” Jungyeon scratched her head with other hand. “I can’t wait to meet you.” She softly patted the stomach before standing up again and met a teary Nayeon. “Why are you crying?”

“You’re just… too sweet.”

“Err… Thanks…?”

“Come on, let’s get ice cream.”

~~~

“Your lunch.” Jungyeon served Nayeon a bowl of steaming rabeokki because the pregnant mother had craved for a week now.

Nayeon happily took the bowl from Jungyeon. “Thank you, Appa.” She grinned.

Jungyeon blushes every time the older girl called her that. It all started several days ago when the pregnant mother read a fact about her baby’s ability to hear sounds and voices. So she started to talk to her belly, introduced people to her baby, including the other mother. “You’re welcome.” The younger girl grinned and took a seat.

Jihyo looked at Jungyeon and then Nayeon and then back Jungyeon again. “Are you two like… together now?”

“Together?” Nayeon raised her brow.

“No.” Jungyeon quickly clarified.

“But…”

“I’m trying to familiarize the baby with her, hence the ‘Appa’ calling. You know… The baby start to hear everything from the inside.” Nayeon explained.

Jihyo nodded but still confused anyway, “Why ‘Appa’ though?”

“I chose ‘Appa’. Suits me better.” Jungyeon answered.

~~~

“Hey you.” Jungyeon greeted once the door opened for her. “Bought you dinner and the red bean bread you asked.”

“And the ice cream?”

“Huge tub only for you. And it’s vanilla like you asked.”

Nayeon winced as soon as Jungyeon broke the news. She held her stomach and grimaced.

The taller girl too held the baby bulge by reflex. “Are you okay, Nayeonnie?” She asked in full concern

The older woman exhaled and smiled. “She just kicked me. I think she’s happy that you brought her dream food. She’s just happy in general every time she hears your voice.”

Jungyeon hunched down. “Well, I’m glad that you’re happy but less hurting Umma, yes?” She talked to the bulging belly.

“Ow. That’s not helping.” Nayeon said after she felt another kick.

The shorthaired woman grinned and mouthed sorry before setting the food at the living room. “Let’s eat dinner first before the dessert.”

“Thank you for the dinner and cleaning up.” Nayeon expressed her gratitude after she finished her dinner, snacking on the red bean bread, plus sweet tooth-ing on the ice cream.

Jungyeon just smiled and nodded. “Are you happy now, Baby?” She asked the baby in Nayeon’s tummy, palm rested fully on the stomach. “Whoa. What the fudge is that?” She felt something just right after she asked her baby. “Did she just kick me?”

“I’m pretty sure that was a high five because her feet are right here.” Nayeon pointed her other side. “Here, I’ll show you.” She pulled her pajama top up and nudged her stomach lightly.

“WHOA! THAT’S A CLEAR PRINT OF A FOOT!” Jungyeon was surprised when she saw what she just said. “Did you… Are you hurt when she does that?”

“Sometimes. But your baby is a hyperactive one, so what could I do...”

“Don’t be too hyper, Baby. And don’t kick your Umma too much.”

Nayeon smiled when she felt lips on the skin of her stomach and Jungyeon’s hair softly.

“You’re making me sleepy, Umma.”

“Stay the night then.”

“Okay—OW! Are you that happy that I’m sleeping over, Baby?” Jungyeon got another kick as an answer.

“I think you should just shower and sleep, because I’ve had enough kicking for a day.”

~~~

Jungyeon half ran to her office room when she heard her ringtone loudly calling for her. “Jungyeon’s speaking.” She picked the call up without looking who’s the caller.

“Hey you…”

“What’s up Nayeonnie?”

“I uhh… I’m on my way to the hospital because my water broke and I’m having contractions, thought to let you know.”

“What the F—Are you okay?” The tall girl was genuinely worried.

“I’m okay, nothing to worry about. I think it’s just the time for the baby to come out. And I have my parents with me.”

“Well uhhmmm… I’ll meet you at the hospital, okay?”

“Okay. Drive safe.”

~~~

Jihyo quickly get to the hospital after her work. She got the news when she saw Jungyeon half ran to her office and sprinted out from their office that afternoon. “Is Nayeon in there?” She asked Jungyeon who was sitting in the waiting room.

“Yeah yeah. The doctor took her in and I couldn’t get in unless she ask for me.” The tall girl couldn’t stop shaking her legs. She was too nervous about everything.

“Relax Unnie.” Jihyo her Unnie’s back.

Jungyeon smiled. “Yeah, trying to.”

“Miss Jungyeon?!” A nurse called.

Jungyeon quickly stood up. “Yep. Yep. Yep. Right here.” She held her hand up.

“She needs you.”

“Oh… Oh. Okay okay.” The tall girl nodded and followed the nurse.

“I can’t do this! I can’t! I can’t do this!!” Nayeon screamed just right when Jungyeon walked inside the room. She was sweating bullets.

Jungyeon rushed to her baby mother’s side. “Hey hey. Sh Sh… What’s going on, Umma?” She held Nayeon’s hand and reached out to wipe the sweats on her forehead.

“I can’t do this!”

“Yes you can. Come on, just breathe. Everything’s gonna be just fine.”

“It hurts so much, JUNGYEONNIE! OOOOWWWWW!!” Nayeon clenched Jungyeon’s hand so hard.

“Do you want Epidural?”

“NO! NOOOO!!! WE’VE TALKED ABOUT THIS BEFORE!”

“I’m sorry Miss Jungyeon but we need to set up a C Section for your wife.” The nurse interrupted.

“SHE’S NOT MY WIFE AND I WANT TO GIVE NORMAL BIRTH! I WANT TO PUSH!” Nayeon exclaimed.

“I’m sorry we can’t do that, the baby’s heartbeat is falling we need to get moving now. Miss Jungyeon you need to suit up.” The doctor explained while tearing them both apart slowly so she could get Nayeon to the operating room and Jungyeon to suit up with the scrubs.

“Okay Okay.”

Ten minutes later, Jungyeon stand beside Nayeon again. “This is sooooo relaxing. Isn’t it relaxing, Appa?” The pregnant mother dreamily said. She was already sedated with anesthetic.

“Uhuh. Yeah.” The tall girl didn’t quite get what that supposed to mean because she kept watching the doctors and the nurse opening up Nayeon’s tummy to get their baby out.

“We should get one of these—morphine later. You know… for quick escape when she’s giving us a hard time.” Nayeon kept talking nonsense.

“Sure Umma. Well, she’s coming out.” Jungyeon said when she saw the doctor held up the baby. “There she is…” She exclaimed when their baby started to cry. Then she looked at Nayeon who was about to drift off to sleep. “Nayeon… Nayeon! She’s not supposed to be sleeping like this, is she?!” She asked the doctor.

“She’s losing too much blood, you need to get out, Miss Jungyeon.”

“But what about her?!”

“We will do our best to save her. Now please.”

Don’t leave me, Im Nayeon. I need you. We need you.

~~~

Jungyeon held her sleeping newborn in her arms and showed her to the guest. “This is Auntie Jihyo, Chaengie.”

“Changie?” Jihyo asked while taking over the task to hold the baby.

“Her name is Chaeyoung.”

“Yoo Chaeyoung.” Nayeon added.

Hearing that, Jungyeon turned her head to the tired mother. “I thought it’s supposed to be Im?”

“She’s your baby. She’s a Yoo.”

Jihyo nodded and spent her time to observe the baby. “Oh wow. She’s definitely your kid. Can’t dismiss the resemblance.” She commented.

“I know right. No Nayeon right there, just Jungyeon.” Nayeon replied.

“But she’s like the cutest. Look at that dimple! I hope you’re not dorky like your Appa, Chaengie.”

“Amen to that.”

~~~

“Thanks for escaping office for us.” Nayeon sighed in relief once she saw Jungyeon on her doorstep.

“It’s okay, I need the escape anyway.” Jungyeon smiled. “So, what happened?” She asked, following the apartment owner inside.

“Chaeyoung wouldn’t stop crying and I just need a partner to share my sufferings. And since you’re her Appa…”

The taller woman chuckled and then dumped her duffle bag on the nearest sofa. “I get it.” She looked around the messy living room and realized the silence. “Is she sleeping?”

“Yeah, fortunately.” Nayeon nodded. “Now, can you be an angel and watch her while I’m taking a time out? I need to shower.”

“Sure.”

“You’re staying tonight, right?” The older woman pointed the duffle bag.

“Yep.”

“Okay. Make yourself at home.” The mother said. “Oh, if you’re wondering, she’s in my room, so…”

Jungyeon stood up. “Right.” And walked inside the said bedroom.

Chaeyoung woke up five minutes after Jungyeon set her body on the comfy bed next to the baby.

“Hi Junior!” Jungyeon peppered kisses on her baby’s face and made her giggled. “Umma told me that you were fuzzy. What’s wrong? Did you miss me?” She played a little more with her baby until Nayeon went out from the bathroom.

“Why isn’t she throwing a fit?”

Jungyeon grinningly shrugged. “I don’t know.” She blew her baby’s tummy before holding her close. “What we’re going to eat for dinner? I’m hungry. Feed me.”

“I’m not in the mood to cook.”

“Take out it is.” The taller woman gave her baby to the mother and proceeded to take her phone out. “Do you want my father’s restaurant?”

“I’ll take whatever you order.”

Just when the two about to eat their dinner, Baby Chaeyoung decided to disturb her parents. “I’ll get her.” Jungyeon stopped Nayeon from standing up and got up to fetch her crying baby.

The wailing did stop after Jungyeon held the little princess throughout the dinner. And then the tantrum was thrown again when the tall woman settled Chaeyoung down on her Umma’s bed for the night. “Okay, what do you want me to do, Chaengie?” She asked her non-stop crying baby.

“Here. Here. Try this.” Nayeon handed Jungyeon a bottle of warm milk.

That instantly quieted down the dramatic scene. “Works like magic. Thanks Umma.” The tall mother then softly hummed and slowly swung her body to get her baby to sleep.

Nayeon took a peek on her sleepy baby. “You’re welcome. I know she’s just sleepy.” She whispered. “Just put her on my bed once she’s really asleep. I’ll set up your bed.”

“Okay, thanks.”

Jungyeon thought she was exempted from getting anymore cries, but all hell broke lose when she put down little Chaeyoung down on the bed. She tried to calm her down but there was no use. The only thing that made her daughter stop crying was when she lied down beside her on that bed, Nayeon’s bed.

“She’s not sleeping?” Nayeon asked when she saw Jungyeon was still holding their daughter.

“She’s sleeping, but I can’t put her down.”

“And why is that?”

“Just see.” When Chaeyoung felt the mattress on her back she started to cry, but then when Jungyeon lied beside her, she immediately calmed down and even snuggled up to her. “What do we do about this?”

Nayeon was amused, she chuckled. ”Well then, she wanted a full house on the bed, so we give her.”

“You’re okay with that?”

“Jungyeonnie, we made her, what’s the point of being so shy about sharing the bed with me?”

Tha younger girl tilted her head and realized that it was actually made sense. “Alright.”

~~~

There are more occasions when Chaeyoung situated both of her parents in accidental romantic scenes and finally Jungyeon caught up. She thought maybe this is the universe saying that she should really be together with Nayeon. That she should act on their relationship. She would be lying if she didn’t think about that before.

Jungyeon had thought about it over a thousand times after she went to the first doctor appointment with Nayeon. She thought that this kid deserved to grow in a normal home with both parents present and married. She’s more sure that she wanted to marry Nayeon when they almost lost her with the birth battle, but she didn’t quite get how to lay it out to the woman who was bearing her a child.

“She wants us to sleep together again?” Nayeon asked, interrupting her from the deep thought.

“Yeah. I think I should’ve just put some of my clothes here. In case I need to spend the night like this.”

“Emm…” Nayeon pursed her lips together. “What if…”

“Hmm?” Jungyeon looked up to the mother of her baby.

“What if we get married so you have to live with us and never leave so you’re stuck here, don’t have to worry about logistics every time I call you. Or that Chaeyoung shouldn’t have the hassle to just meet her Appa when she misses her. Or…”

Jungyeon stood up and smile before cupping Nayeon’s cheek with her free hand. “Let’s get married.” She then leaned in and closed their gap into a very sweet kiss.

~~~

“… Deeper, Honey…”

“ Nayeon. You’re so tight.”

“Come on, we don’t have time to go slow.” Nayeon warned, fully knowing that her daughter could’ve woken up anytime now. She then felt her wife moving fast almost frantic and that made her absolutely losing her mind. “I’m close… I’m so close… Oh my God, Jungyeon-ah!” She held onto her wife so tight.

“Me too…”

Just when the couple hit their high, loud knocks banged on their bedroom door. “UMMA! APPA!”

“What the !” Jungyeon quickly let go of her wife.

“I told you we don’t have time.” Nayeon said.

“We should arrange date nights and send her to my parents.. or yours or even make Jihyo work… if you want to give her baby sibling, Umma.”

“That we should.” The shorter girl leaned up to kiss her wife.

“UMMA!! APPAAA!!”

Jungyeon groaned and looked at her wife, asking her to take over and take care of their daughter.

“I need to clean up from your .” Nayeon stood up, leaving her wife for the bathroom. “Maybe she’s just hungry.”

“Wait a minute, Chaengie!” Jungyeon quickly put her clothes again before opening her bedroom door only to get pounced by her daughter. “Well good morning to you, Chaeyoung.” She picked the girl up in her arms and kissed her cheek several times. “What does my Chaengie wants so she knocked loudly on my bedroom door early in the morning?”

“Ceweal!”

“You’re hungry?”

Chaeyoung cutely nodded.

“Cereal it is!”

Nayeon walked to the living room just to see Jungyeon and their daughter sitting on the carpet in front of the TV sharing of what it seems a big bowl of cereal. The two were laughing together while watching morning cartoons. She smiled contently, knowing that she wouldn’t get tired of seeing this. “What are you guys having?”

“UMMA!” Chaeyoung quickly ran to her mother and hugged her legs.

“Hi baby!” Nayeon planted kisses on her daughter’s face and made her a giggling mess before sitting next to her wife. “Did you guys just empty the cereal box?” She asked when she saw the portion of the said breakfast.

“We both are hungry. Come on Chaeng, finish your breakfast.”

Jungyeon wiped clean her daughter’s mouth and her coffee table before moving to the kitchen where her wife was located. “I haven’t given you your morning kiss.” She said, placing her hand on Nayeon’s waist and kissed her wife’s temple.

“Good morning, Appa.” Nayeon properly kissed her wife. “And we need to talk.”

“What is it? What happened?” Jungyeon sat on the dining table after putting the dirty bowl in the sink.

“I’m pregnant.”

“What the F—“

Nayeon slapped her wife’s arm. “Language! Chaeyoung is just right there!”

“Sorry!” Jungyeon quickly hugged her wife. “Are you sure?”

Nayeon nodded. “I was trying the new pregnancy test and it shows that I’m pregnant, again.”

“I’m 100% with you this time.”

“You’re not 100% with me the last time?”

“It’s not that… I mean. Now that we’re married…”

“I was just kidding. Thank you for Chaengie and the other one that will come soon. I love you.”

“I love you…”


happy new year!