I love you

Tell me you love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi
You’re sitting on the same seat on the bus today
I’m saying hello to you, hi
I see you’re not accepting it again

 

 

 

Baekhyun went up the bus. It was the same routine everyday, at the same time the bus arrives and Baekhyun will board the bus where Chanyeol will already be seated with his earpiece plugged in, blasting some new pop song that is always played on the radio.

 

Smiling to himself, Baekhyun took a seat beside Chanyeol, and poked him on the shoulder softly, Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with no emotions shown on his face. Smiling brightly at Chanyeol, Baekhyun waved to Chanyeol and greeted him. "Hi Chanyeol!" Chanyeol just glanced at him briefly before he continued looking out the window. Baekhyun pouted, 'He didn't greet me back again.' A small smile was placed on Chanyeol's face , but unfortunately, Baekhyun did not see that.

 

Baekhyun was a normal kid. He wasn't popular and good looking like Chanyeol and his friends, but he was not a nerd either. He was just normal, there was nothing special about him. He did have a few friends that he would hang out with after school sometimes. But deep down in his heart, Baekhyun wished that he was special, just a little would be fine. Maybe then, Chanyeol would notice him or maybe even reply to him.

 

When the bus arrived at their school, both Chanyeol and Baekhyun went down the bus. Baekhyun smiled again to Chanyeol, "Bye Channie! I'll see you after school today!" Baekhyun said as he ran off to class, not waiting to be scolded for being late to class again. Of course he missed to see that the tips of Chanyeol's ears turned red when Baekhyun called him Channie.

 

Shaking his head, Chanyeol walked to his class too, smiling a little. 'I love it when you call me Channie.'

 

 

 

 

 

You’re popular and good-looking
You only act so cold to me

 

 

 

Later that day at lunch, Baekhyun went to queue for the food. He knew exactly what to buy for Chanyeol. After having a crush on Chanyeol for two years, he knew what Chanyeol likes to eat. No, he wasn't a stalker. He just noticed that Chanyeol love to buy these food whenever its breaktime. After getting the food, he walk to Chanyeol's table with the tray held tightly in his clumsy hands.

 

"Hey look! It's Chanyeol's slave again." One of Chanyeol's friend, Jihoo said. 


Chanyeol glared at him, "Shut up."

 

"Chanyeol! I got you your favourite food!" Baekhyun said happily as he sat the food down infront of Chanyeol. "One beef burger with a side of large fries and a chocolate pepero for desert!" Baekhyun recited with a proud smile shown on his face.

 

Chanyeol only looked at Baekhyun before taking a bite into his burger. Thank you, Chanyeol wanted to say, but those words did not seem to come out. Instead he just ignored Baekhyun, like he always does. To say that Baekhyun wasn't hurt was a lie. He wanted Chanyeol to notice him. A smile, a nod, anything would be fine. However, he got none of those. Pouting, Baekhyun start to bite into his own burger, 'why are you ignoring me, Chanyeol?'

 

 

 

After lunch, Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun aside to an empty hallway. Baekhyun heart started racing, 'Is chanyeol gonna thank me?' But that hope that he had was crushed in an instant. "Stop. Just stop buying me food. I can buy my own food. I don't need you help." Chanyeol said to Baekhyun. 'That was not what i wanted to say...' Chanyeol wanted to correct himself, but those words doesn't seem to want to come out. 

 

Baekhyun masked his sadness, with a smile, a forced fake smile. The smile was becoming more natural to Baekhyun, afterall he had been smiling as if he was not hurt by Chanyeol all the time. "Oh." was all that Baekhyun could say before Chanyeol turned his back and left. Leaving Baekhyun alone in the empty hallways.

 

 

 

 

 

But do you remember last night?
You said you liked me
Under that pretty streetlight
You said you liked me

 

 

 

The next day, Baekhyun pretended that Chanyeol didn't hurt his heart. Although he did stop buying lunch for the taller, he still greeted the taller when he saw him on the bus. He still tried to strike up a conversation every time, every chance that he could get, hoping that Chanyeol would stop ignoring him, however, to no avail.

 

It was a week since the lunch incident had happened and Baekhyun was home alone, his parents went back to his hometown to visit his grandparents. With his stomach growling loudly, Baekhyun went down to the kitchen to find some snacks that he could munch on. Unfortunately, Baekhyun found nothing, not even his favorite packet of ramyun. Baekhyun grab his jacket, his wallet and his keys and went to the nearby convenience store.

 

"What should I eat?" Baekhyun tapped on his chin as he walked down the aisle. Spotting his favorite ramyun, he took the packet, along with his favorite strawberry milk, he went to the cashier and made his payment before leaving the shop.

 

Smiling happily, he walked back home. The dark streets at night were lighted up by the streetslights, infront of him, Baekhyun saw a familar silhouette. 'Isn't that Chanyeol?' Jogging to catch up to reach Chanyeol, he tapped on the taller guy's shoulder, "Chanyeol! What are you doing here?" Chanyeol turned around, stumbling a little. That was when Baekhyun realised that Chanyeol is drunk, face flushed and reeking of alcohol, causing Baekhyun to scrunched his nose.

 

Chanyeol chuckled a little and pointed at Baekhyun, "Why are there three Baekhyuns?" Baekhyun face had a light pinkish tint, 'it's the first time Chanyeol had said my name. He knows my name!' Chanyeol stumbled a little while trying to focus. Baekhyun tried to help Chanyeol stand, "Are you okay?" 

 

Ignoring Baekhyun's question, Chanyeol cupped Baekhyun's face to say something. Althought it was a mere whisper, Baekhyun heard it loud and clear. "I like you, Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun felt his face turning hot. His long time crush just confessed to him. Even though he was drunk, Baekhyun believed it, afterall a drun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter