001

Fate Had Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

[ example of costumes during this time period ]

 

 

 

1

 

 

 

HER

I was in love with him, he was my first love but we weren’t fated to be together. His grand adventure began when he left to pursue a passion in school, everyone was happy…but me. All of the sudden, I woke up to cheers as an sea of red and gold envelope me. A thin satin cloth draped over me, everyone around me poured their happiness in forms of chatters but I could only hear the sound of my breathe. 

Someone took my hand and lead me in. This red string tied my fate with him. The chatters came to a still as I walked forward, through a series of commands, I knew then.

 

On the arrival of the sedan at the Yan’s household, music and firecrackers filled the streets and air. They led the bride along the red carpet in a festive atmosphere as the from dressed in a red gown waits. Together they kowtow (bow) three times to worship the heaven, parents and lastly—each other. 

 

HIM

Everyone came over and offered their words of congratulations to us. Family, friends and acquaintances alike laughed, smiled, and drank this night away. Music and dancing chased the night air away but still, under this full moon, I can’t stop thinking about you. I understand I must move on but how can I when all I can think about is you? Words tell me time will help me recover. I will recover…but at what costs? 

The fire crackers welcomed the beginning of a new tale. Underneath this starry sky, I spoke of a promise and I knew then.

 

“Come, it’s time for you to see your bride.” I heard someone say as they led me away from the party and towards the bridal chamber. The doors opened and I was ushered in front of a table, with my bride standing in front of me. 

“This must not spill.” I watched her pour the wine to the brim of the cup. “Remember do not—”

“Spill.” I finished as I carefully brought the cup to my lips, she did the same. 

“Good, happy marriage to the two of you.” The lady said at last as she urged everyone of the chamber. Ya Lun sighed as he glances around the room before making his way over to her.

“Here let me help you with this.” He spoke up a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter