ONE.

THE WARLOCK'S LOVE
The classes ended too early and being the obedient child that she is, she went home straight ahead. She found her mother preparing some refreshments in the kitchen.


"Good afternoon, mother." she bid her mother before taking the stairs to change her clothes.


“Dara, be quick. I have something important to tell you." she seems anxious over what is bothering her.


"All right." It didn't take her a minute to change and she descended the stairs already to face her mother.


She places herself at the dining table and eats the club sandwich her mother prepares. She is drinking when her mother started to talk.


She spits the water she is drinking after hearing what her mother tells her.


"Am I what?" she asked incredulously.


"A witch," she said softly as if the word is just a common word that can be used anytime.


"Mother, it's not a good joke and besides it's a new millennium already and no one would believe in such craft. There's no such thing as a witch." she shakes her head in unbelievable manners.


"I'm telling you the truth," she said and base on her face, Dara knows her mother is being serious.


"Are you serious?" she asked in bewilderment, she can't help but ask anyway.


"Yes, and I know you are old enough to understand the situation."


"I need the full story for this, Mother and you will tell me everything without leaving any secret for me to know later, you know how I hated that," she said seriously.


Yuran looks at her daughter with a proud expression on her face. Even as a child, Dara is more matured than any children her age and nothing in this world makes her prouder of her daughter.


Her mother really knows how to deliver a surprise. It's not even her birthday yet. 






NEXT DAY


She didn't get a good night's sleep last night because of everything that her mother reveals to her about her identity. It's been the longest night of her fifteen years in life.


The conversation with her mother is still fresh from her mind.


She settled herself comfortably in her bed and faces her mother.


"All right, tell me everything."


Yuran looks at her and began her tale from the very start. "I'm an illegitimate child, born out of wedlock. My father is already bonded with his wife when he meets my mother and had a one-time affair with her and the result is me."


"Really?" she asked, she didn't expect that.


"Yes, my father is a pureblood going on his mission on this plane when he meets my mother, and the attraction he feels for her bring fruits which is me. I am a half-blood and you know that your Nana died before I reach fifteen years old and I don't know anything. Imagine my shock when I went home one day to see someone seating comfortably in our own house and tell to my face that I am indeed a half-blood witch."


Dara remains silent and lets her mother continue with her tales.


"With nothing to do because I don't have a choice in the matter, I went with him, later, I found out that he is my father trusted right-hand man. When we arrive on the other side, my father who I never meet is there to meet us. Your nana never mentions anything about him and what happened between them is a one-time thing only because after my father completes his mission here, he left her here without saying anything. My existence created a ruckus but our situation is not a rare occurrence, many others do the same thing when temptation is a concern. I stay and remain with his parent during my stay, your grandparents welcome me with open arms as their oldest grandchild. Being a half-blood is hard, add to that my being an illegitimate child is much worse. Even though his family accepted me, there is still talk floating around." a spasm of pain contorted in her face, remembering what happened then still bring a bitter feeling inside .


Dara reaches out and touches her mother's arm, offering her comfort through touch. 


"Thank you. Let me continue."


Dara nods her head.


"I stay for four years and learn everything that I need to learn and after that, I decided to come back here. My life is here and your Nana's family is also here and I miss them terribly. I'm twenty-one when another secret reveals to me and this comes from my mother's side of the family. Your Nana is a fairy, a pure-blooded one at that and she knows about my father from the very start. My mother's family is cursed to be bonded to one species only- the warlocks but only those full-blooded fairy are in tune with that curse. In every generation, there's always one child that remains pure-blooded even though the parent is from two different races, your Nana is her generation's pureblood and they think that my generation skipped that one. You, my daughter, is a very different matter. You are the pureblooded child in your generation but not only that, your blood holds the power that comes from your father."


"My father is a human, right?" 


"No, your father is a half-blood like myself but he is not human at all. He is an offspring between a warlock and a demon woman. A very rare situation as those two races is a mortal enemy to each other. I will tell you the complicated life your father holds and how we ended with each other sometimes because I think you had too much for one day." Yuran smile, her daughter takes everything calmly.


"Of course, please continue about Nana's family."


"Our bloodline comes from a very old one that's been living here, in this earth, unnoticed by the human race because we blend in too perfectly.  Only the pureblooded child has the power to access their magic and they only teach that child for them to know how to control their magic. Of course, the family knows about our heritage and we kept a pact to keep the secret within the family. My Nana will come here tomorrow to pass to you the wisdom of our blood, I want you to know everything before you go there. As your parentage is quite complicated, you need all of your abilities within arm's length. I will not let you go unprotected in a land that treats half of your blood as their enemy. Hopefully, Nana can do something to conceal your mixed blood. They will know that you are a quarter human-witch but they will not know about your other abilities like being a fairy but I'm concern about your father's blood."


Her mother's concern is in the right places and she can't argue with that.


“Dara.” Someone called her. Breaking her from her chain of thoughts.