The Meeting

Waffle Boy and Panda Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week passed like nothing and here he was, on the school library.

They decided to meet at the library and Jiyong went early just so he could prepare himself.

To say Jiyong was only nervous was an understatement.

Jiyong was beyond nervous. DJ— or whatever his name was, will be meeting him soon. Soon, Jiyong thought. He couldn't stop fidgeting, sweat cold trickling down on his back.

He just couldn't stop fiddling with his hair.

'Relax, I can do this.'

——

"Youngbae."

"What?"

"I'm going to meet him. That Waffle Boy."

Youngbae choked on his drink and coughed a few times. Jiyong frowned at it. Was there something wrong?

"I thought you didn't want to meet him at all cost?"

Jiyong sighed. True, he told Youngbae he wouldn't want to meet waffle boy and it was better this way. But he never knew waffle boy was that good at persuading him.

"That was what I thought. But..."

"Let me guess, he was being whiny brat and wanted to meet you?"

"Yes."

"You've fallen deep."

"No I'm not."

Youngbae only snorted.

"True, you still like that—"

Jiyong threw his English text book at Youngbae.

"Shut the up."

Youngbae caught the book easily ask he clicked his tongue at Jiyong in distaste.

"I hope this Waffle Boy could make you move on from that one."

Jiyong only rolled his eyes.

"If he did run away, then he's pretty much the same as the other. If he didn't, he will stay."

Jiyong didn't say anything at that.

——

He took a deep breath, and let it all out. He agreed to this, meeting DJ. So there was no way he would be backing out. 

And he knew he would regret it if he chickened out now (besides, he was dying to know who DJ was— Jiyong might or might not, kind of, maybe, like him.)

(Even though he might already like someone else, but seriously Jiyong only admired him! Jiyong didn't like him that way.)

Jiyong knew it all too well. It was stupid, liking DJ. He never met the guy for sake, but he couldn't deny the fact that DJ was a nice guy (as far as he knew.) And he never judged Jiyong, which made Jiyong fell even harder.

Okay, so Jiyong might not be as straight as he originally thought. He was that kind of elastic ruler who could bend, but still a ruler regardless.

But he was scared too. What if DJ hated him? What if DJ got disappointed when he saw Jiyong? DJ might say he wouldn't be disappointed, but who knows? Jiyong wasn't exactly the nicest person in school, in fact, everyone kind of hated him.

They hated Jiyong's gut. They always thought Jiyong was too arrogant, too intimidating, an apathetic person. But he was actually far from that. He was shy, kind of insecure, he had no idea how to express himself well.

So he wrote countless of songs to express himself.

Jiyong was so immersed in his own mind, he didn't hear footsteps approaching him. When he realised, it was too late.

He was panicking internally.

"Panda lover? Iye?"

.

That voice.

Jiyong's breath hitched. That voice. Oh that voice, Jiyong knew so well. Literally anyone at school knew that voice.

"Lee... Seunghyun...?" He croaked, too stunned and overwhelmed. Of all people, it just had to be Lee Seunghyun. DJ just had to be Lee Seunghyun.

"Kwon Jiyong...?"

They were now face to face, both eyes widened in surprise.

"I— you— I...." Jiyong was lost at word. He bit his lower lip, preventing himself from saying anything stupid. "You're panda lover?" Lee Seunghyun asked, his tone neutral.

"Y-yes. I'm panda lover..." He trailed away before he crouched down and buried his face on his knees. That was it, Jiyong couldn't handle it.

He was embarrassed, ashamed, angry, but he was embarrassed more than anything. Because Lee Seunghyun pretty much already knew him. Knew his secrets.

And he told Seunghyun that. About the person that he admired.

The person that he admired was Seunghyun.

He couldn't face Lee Seunghyun after this.

"T-this is a bad idea— I— you— we should have no meet. I—" but he stopped when he felt someone touching his head— and that someone must be none other than Seunghyun.

"Hey. Don't say that." He said, voice too warm and soft to Jiyong's liking. He felt comforted, and he hated it.

"Because I don't. I'm very grateful, actually. I'm so glad I meet you right now. So please, raise your head." Seunghyun caressed his head ever so slightly it made Jiyong's heart skipped a beat.

this.

Jiyong slowly raised his head, and when he looked up, he could see Seunghyun smiling warmly at him. It was different from the smile he usually use with his friend, this smile felt sincere, genuine.

It made Jiyong's mind a mess and his face flushed.

"You're blushing." Seungri teased, "Who knew the cold hearted, arrogant, apathetic person i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter