Last mistake

Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a bright day, a lady dressed in black seated on a bench in a park. Her smooth hair danced with the gentle breeze, her plush lips and her pale white skin complemented the falling snow. Her hands were covered with colourful paints but her heart was dark, dull and colorless. Her eyes showed deep pain and suffering. Neither could the bustling noises of people of this city nor the cheerfulness of the children playing around could fill this agony. She was immersed in her painting, describing her words through that. She painted the person she most wanted in her monotonous life. A tear escaped from her eye and rolled down her blushed cheek. Hugging the freshly painted picture she hoped that she would get the same warmth that didn’t erase from her memory.

 

It was a cold winter night, 10th Feb, the day of her birthday. She was running in the middle of the night in her thin garments saving herself from a group of boys trying to keep their hands on her chastity. Her steps were fast, her body shivering due to the cold and her breath ragged. She looked around wondering if somebody would help her, as if a thristy traveler searching for water in the desert there was nobody. She got a hope when she found a male walking at a distance in the dark. She ran to him, hugged his tall, muscular body from behind. The person turned around puzzled only to look at the trembling girl, her teary eyes begging for help and also the group of men behind them. He was a little drunk but grasped the situation and decided to help. He pulled the beautiful, slim girl behind him while she hugged him breathing heavily.

He punched and jabbed, fought like a hero in the movies and saved the girl. He turned around gave a lovely crooked smile to her. The girl trembled in fear afraid they will come back for her and the same guy pulled her into his embrace to stop her continous shaking. She breathed his scent, which was addictive, his warmth which was as if a sedative. Though it was the first time she met him he gave her a sense of security and trust which she failed to receive in her whole life. He hugged her back securely in his broad arms, the coldness in the air disappeared and the atmosphere heated up. He found something magical in her. The girl broke the hug coming to her senses.

“I am sorry….Thank you for saving me” she spoke slowly in her calm and soothing voice. The man smiled watching the innocent girl before him.

Somehow, her innocent face, her magical eyes did some uproar in his heart.

 “It is fine really….but you shouldn’t walk around this late at night alone you know?” he said in an authoritative tone.

“No, I was…it is my birthday today. My friends told me to come to this address but somehow i ended up in this situation” she said hugging her body due to cold. He offered his coat but she refused.

“Oh…I am kim jongin….You?” he asked her name. She hesitated but the sincerity in his eyes somehow forced her to do the opposite to her mind.

“Umm…son naeun” she said shyly, greeted him in a formal way.

Jongin smiled looking at her “Do i look like an old man? I am around your age you know?” he said giving his hand for a handshake.

He could see her hesitating again but before he could pull his hand back she placed her hand and shook it.

Her hands were cold as ice and even jongin could feel the coldness touching till his bone.

The atmosphere changed and there was a snow storm.

“We should leave” she suggested. Jongin saw her who was weak and cold.

“I don’t think we can leave in this weather” he said shouting as she was walking in the pile of snow, more like tumbling.

“Hey, naeun listen” he held her hand. Instead of stopping she fell in his arms, her head bumped his rock hard chest.

Jongin was flustered. The weather became worse, the wind blew hard. The only option was to take cover in the nearby house.

Both reached an abandoned house. Jongin rubbed her hands and feet which turned cold. Naeun came to her senses after his constant rubbing.

She sat up with his help and found herself alone with a stranger who just helped her.

“I had no other choice” he explained gulping afraid she will think of him wrongly but nauen did the opposite.

“Thank you” she said with those teary eyes.

Those eyes filled with tears created a turmoil in his heart. The outside coldness was nothing similar to his burning heart.

Not knowing why he is attracted to the girl he just met created havoc in his mind.

Naeun was the same, was it the weather or the company which is creating this misunderstanding she was unable to decide. She blamed the cold.

Jongin moved his hands and wiped her tears which were now rolling down her cheeks. She closed her eyes with his warm touch which send chills all over her body.

He moved back suddenly controlling himself. “I will wait outside you please wear this” he offered his coat and shirt, telling her to change in those.

Naeun objected but he pressurized.

The night grew stronger also the cold.

“Shall we sit close to each other?” he asked unable to take it anymore. He didn’t want to die like this.

Naeun nodded shivering. Both stuck to each other, hoping their body’s warmth might help them but that only send some uninvited desires.

Her slender and alluring body touching his rugged shoulders and arms were creating music in their hearts.

He took out a chocopie from his pant pocket and handed her.

“Happy birthday!!” he showed that sincere smile again which made her smile.

“I am happy. Thank you” she said sincerely. She gave him half and ate the other half.

Few minutes later, It was out of control, their bodies couldn’t hold it any longer.

He placed his hands around her waist pulling her closer to save his upper half. Naeun felt sorry for him, though he hardly knows her he is trying everyway to protect her. It need not be explained he was kind.

She never knew a man’s touch would be like this. He brought her in the front and hugged her tightly. Was it because he was drunk or was it because he wanted to get drunk in her arms he never knew the reason.

Both hugged each other, their hearts, their breaths slowly increased the heat. Naeun broke the hug looking into his eyes. Jongin’s eyes landed on her quivering lips. Touching those with his shivering fingers his desires grew. He leaned closer watching her eyes closed and kissed her soft lips.

Their short and tender kisses turned into long and passionate ones. Both fell on the ground on top of each other.

“I am scared” she stopped when they were . Jongin realized he was her first and decided to stop.

Naeun hugged him tightly “Don’t stop. This is the first best thing which happened in my life” she muttered.

Pouring all the emotions both made love to each other.

Next morning, naeun woke up and realized what she has done. Afraid jongin will say it was a mistake, she commited another mistake of leaving him.

Jongin woke up and found naeun was gone. “Naeun!!” he shouted searching the entire place hoping he will find her.

He wasn’t a man who would do that with any girl. That was the first time he has done something and he was sure it was because it was naeun.

 

A joyous scream from the children giggling brought her back to reality. She washed her hands at the nearby fountain and sat in the same bench again, hugging herself due to the cold. After packing her stuff, she leaned on the bench watching the families together. Another tear dropped hoping it would have been her if it wasn’t for that mistake. Her eyes closed recollecting the same face she could never forget. A small hand wiped her cheeks suddenly. She opened her eyes only to see a little girl around age 3. Unlike other kids she was energetic and mature.

“Why are you crying auntie? Are you sad?” she asked her concerned. Naeun’s lips turned up watching the little girl.

“No, i am not sad. I can’t be sad today” she answered patting the little girl’s head, also wondering why she was alone.

“What is your name?” she asked to gather information in order to help her.

“My name is kim naeun. I am 3 years old” she said bubblily showing her little fingers, trying hard to hold them together.

Naeun chuckled watching her cuteness.

“Hey, what a coincidence. My name is naeun too. I am son naeun. Nice to meet you” she replied shaking her hand.

“Really?” the little girl’s eyes glittered, similar to that of the shining snow.

Naeun nodded her head smiling broadly.

“Why are you alone?” she asked curiously searching for her parents.

“My dad is silly. Today is my mommy’s birthday and he is running around the town looking for a present. He told me to wait here until he comes back” she giggled cutely thinking about her dad

“Hey….another coincidence. Today is my birthday too” naeun replied to the little girl while her eyes shined again. Both giggled hugging each other.

 “You know my dad loves to celebrate my mommy’s birthday. He said he loves this day, it is really special to him” she added while naeun just listened.

“Auntie, do you love your birthday too?” she questioned.

Naeun’s smile faded. She noticed the little one waiting for her reply and smiled weakly.

“Yeah, you know i used to hate my birthday but one day because of a special person i started loving this day” naeun answered with a smile plastered on her face but also tears in her eyes.

She wiped them and handed a painting to her “This is a present for your mom” she said.

The little girl smiled broadly but soon pouted “But my dad said not to take any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter