Coming Home

Nighttime Surprise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite the many and long hours spent at a neverending hectic workplace, Taecyeon felt ecstatic. Thrilled. Exhilarated even. Not because he finally had good reason to tell off an annoying colleague who constantly bombarded him with questions, instead of trying to solve the issues by himself. The lack of work tasks to bring home didn't explain his mood either, nor the calm night traffic. 

Rather, it was the phone call he received roughly 30 minutes earlier. The sweet, lovely voice who greeted him when he answered at last, after waiting for many signals, thinking it was mentioned annoying colleague who deserved to be put on hold. All the lovely words she said that honeyed and was balm to his restless soul. It had struck a heartstring of his. 

With a excited smile on his lips, Taecyeon parked the car while recalling their conversation. 

"Babe, hey," he greeted happily, only to become utterly surprised when hearing her revelation – she arrived home since a few hours.

Having been away for a week, the news made Taecyeon cheerful and delighted. But, since her return from the business trip happened a week before scheduled, it was a surprise, to say the least. Insecure, his reaction made her wonder if it could be a bad thing, if she'd be in the way for him…

"Yoona, are you kidding me? Of course not!" he protested, a little too strongly. "You're my wife, I love you, and I've missed you every single day and night since you left. Your laugh, hugs, cooking, scent…"

The list nearly continued, hadn't the woman's giggling made him shut up to enjoy the sound. Ah, the voice of an angel. It caused goosebumps along his forearms and back. Taecyeon hadn't understood the magnitude of his feeling of missing her until he experienced that his body physically proved it. 

"It makes me happy to hear that," she continued. Her voice suddenly dropped a few tones, "And, I have some news for you as well."

"Ok…" he answered expectedly. Yoona spun as if a cat, and he recognized the certain habit of hers. Whenever she acted or sounded feline, Taecyeon knew that his wife practiced the art of seducing him.

Boy, Taecyeon felt that his body already began to react. Not inappropriately, of course! But, through the quickening of his heartbeats, the way his toes curled, and how he leaned against his desktop. He liked where it seemed to be heading, and he really wanted to see where it went. 

"Since you've been working very, very hard the last few days and missing me even more," she spoke knowingly, "I thought I'd do something for you."

Although the woman hadn't mentioned what kind of gesture she referred to, Taecyeon became all ears instantly. Her words were intriguing and got to him. They caused images of previous nights to play through his head as if a film. And he was only a man in love with his wife. Naturally, he fell for the bait. 

"My ears are all yours," Taecyeon responded, on the edge of his seat, ready to dart and ditch his work faster than the speed of light. 

"How great. But, the thing is…" she said and trailed off for a few seconds. "I want you." 

It was best to call for an ambulance. The man had literally heard and felt his heart explode. His body had turned to stone and his mind went blank. It was a miracle that he managed to continue to listen to his wife. 

"A surprise's waiting for you at home. If you want it," she added and chuckled.

The devious angel knew precisely that he did, and she knew how to play the game to make him chase it. She couldn't see nor hear that he was already on his way. His computer and screen were turned off and he reached for his blazer and working bag. Screw all the mess of papers, pens and other things that covered his desk. He had more important business to attend to. 

"Ok, I'll be there," was his final words before they hung up. 

People would've called him everything from ice man to aual had they known about the conversation and seen his behavior. He frowned as he put on his jacket and fixed his tie. His face looked irritated and he emitted an aura of seriousness. But, he had reason. In fact, Taecyeon did everything to control his physical reactions. Since he had a reputation to protect, he concentrated on seeming professional as he made way through the building and to the parking lot. It was first when he sat in his car that the speed of the vehicle reflected his actual inner state. 

Thankfully, the night traffic was unusually calm, which allowed Taecyeon to break the law, pass the speed limit and run the red lights. Desperate times called for desperate measures. And, it paid off. Not as if he recommended the common man to break the law, no. However, his situation was dire and he figured that it was better to hurriedly get out of traffic to avoid causing more harm the longer he remained on the road. Bad explanation, but, Taecyeon didn't care. He was finally coming home to his wife after several nights of greeting an empty apartment. No more loneliness nor silence. She was finally back where she belonged – with him, to be precise. 

Taecyeon nearly floated above the ground when smoothly and effectively crossed the lobby and reached the elevators. His heart pounded against his ribcage with each floor shown on the display as he rode the shaft upwards. A drop of sweat trickled down his neck as he patiently waited for the lift to stop. Only to dash to his door once it did and opened. 

Surprisingly, silence and darkness greeted Taecyeon when he stepped inside. His brows rose. As little as he could see because of the lack of light, he managed to comprehend that everything was exactly the same way as when he left the same morning. Not even her shoes stood in the hallway. 

"Yoona?" he called, a little scared that something had happened to her. There wasn't any trace of her. 

However, his worries were quickly put to rest when he heard, "I'm here," coming from their bedroom. His incomprehensiveness turned into enthusiasm and the man grinned widely as he hurried towards her. Going through the living room, he accidentally struck a furniture or two with his toes and nearly tripping over a pile of cords.

But, the pain didn't stop him. He was going to see Yoona, and he was going to do it now. 

His determination was rewarded. Heavily, as well. Because once he stood in the doorway, the lights . And, he found his devious angel on the bed.

She lay on the side with her head in her hand. Her wavy, brown hair hung down the shoulder. From what Taecyeon could tell, and wanted to be true, the woman wore nothing underneath the silk robe in red. Her nails matched her dressing and, gosh, if she didn't wear red lipstick! The ultimate sign! Because whenever her lips were red, heat exploded, sparks ignited and fires burned! 

Taecyeon started to fidget on the spot. He nearly bit his knuckles in the usual frustration gesture. But, he managed to conceal it. He didn't want his wife to know exactly what the mere view of her did to him. Especially the gleam to her stunning, gorgeous eyes. Somewhat, he wanted control. 

It didn't last long, though. The moment Yoona smirked and patted the duvet, was the moment Taecyeon threw away all foolish pride and gave in to her. If caving meant having her, he would do so happily. Screw his image of masculinity. It was the last thing on Taecyeon's mind as he rushed to her side while struggling to undo his tie and get his blazer off. 

Sadly, extremely very sadly, he didn't get far. The moment Taecyeon reached the bed, was the moment when Yoona laid on her back and placed a foot against his chest. It made his freeze. Funny enough, the mere contact of her skin against his sent a chill down his spine. He was such a fool for her… 

Looking from his torso, his gaze slowly followed her limb. It went along her toes, ankle and knee, down to her thigh and into darkness. Unfortunately, her robe shielded the rest of her body. But, it revealed enough to play mind games with him. He gulped. 

"Ah-ah," Yoona spoke and shook a finger. "Not yet, darling." 

Slowly, her straight leg began to bend and loosen its strength. The woman waited to see if he would grab the chance to throw himself at her, or if he would do as she wanted without having given any orders. Taecyeon unconsciously chose the second option. As much as Taecyeon wanted her, he knew that the one who waits for something good, never waits for long. She got up on her knees and slowly walked up to him. Her hands landed on his shoulders whereas her fingers felt his collar. His found her hips and pulled her to him. Her eyes turned into a darker shade as they looked at his lips. It peaked his expectations of a kiss. Their gazes met and Taecyeon knew that she understood what he wanted. With a smile, she leaned forward. 

It wasn't rushed. It wasn't passionate. It was incredibly sweet. Soft and gentle. Their lips flickered across each other as they moved. However, it was plenty. Since he hadn't seen her in a while, he didn't want the rawness or the harshness of intimacy. He wanted to enjoy her, the feel and taste of her. Because, gosh, how he had missed her… 

They pulled back. Her right hand had fallen to his chest, and it told her how fast his heart beat. Her left hand caressed his cheek. In return, his eyes began to inspect her body. They stopped after they reached her chest, where the robe had slipped open a little too much. He would've leaned in and placed a row of kisses between her s hadn't she lifted his head to face her. 

"Babe, I told you: not yet," she reminded him calmly yet firmly. It clearly told him who was in charge. 

Then, she backed away from his embrace and got down from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter