Love in Our Blood

2017 Secret Santa Gift - Vampire Love Story

               Hoseok sat on the edge of his seat, his hands clenched into tight fists. He stared at the cup set in front of him, the tempting red liquid teasing him. The scent was like nothing he’d ever smelled before, and he felt his fangs poking his bottom lip as they elongated with his increasing hunger. Hoseok could feel the others staring at him, their anxious energy combined to one overwhelming, pulsating aura surrounding him. A tight hand clasped onto his shoulder, and he looked up.

 

                “You should really get on with it,” Hyunwoo said, his fingers digging into his shoulder, his irises brown with flecks of red. There was an edge to his voice, and Hoseok looked back at the cup in front of him. A strange desire rose inside of him, and his body vibrated in the chair. Hyunwoo tensed up beside him as the vibrations rippled through the air. Even the other members started sensing the sudden tension and they shifted.

 

                In a pale white flash, Hoseok’s hand shot forward, snatching the cup off the table top and drank from it. The rich blood spilled past his lips, filling his mouth and trickling down his throat in a steady stream. It tasted incredible, unlike the almost stale blood packets that they took from the hospital. The blood was sweet, fresh, tangy, and everything in between. It surged through his veins, and he almost moaned out loud from how good it was to become so quickly reenergized with just one cup. It never took one cup of blood to get him to that state.

 

                Hoseok rose quickly to his feet, his mind swimming and his hands shaking spastically at his sides. His mouth ached as his fangs grew uncomfortably long in his mouth, his jaw hanging open to prevent the sharp tips from jabbing into his bottom lip. Hyunwoo rushed forward, his hand clapping over Hoseok’s gaping mouth. Kihyun lunged towards them, grabbing Hoseok’s arms and pinning them behind his back, trying to maintain a steady grip on his bandmate’s flailing, overstimulated body.

 

                Changkyun gasped, shocked by the horrific sight. Being the youngest vampire in the group, he hadn’t seen enough to be able to fully understand the situation. Minhyuk and Hyungwon take the youngest member out of the room, while Jooheon runs for one of the managers.

 

                “Get a hold of yourself!” Kihyun cries, yelping as Hoseok lashes out with surprising strength unlike himself. Hoseok had no idea of his new strength, the power ripping through him and his mind growing hazy with bloodlust. Hyunwoo’s fingers pinched the bridge of his nose, blocking out the few scents in the room. But, damn, he could still smell it. The thick, sweetening aroma seeped through his skin. He wanted it now.

 

                Footsteps approached the door to the living room where they sat, but to Hoseok, they sounded like thunder, loud and booming in his ears. Jooheon peered in, their manager hot on his heels with a girl trailing not too far behind. Her dark hair framed her small pale face nicely, and she wore a T-shirt and leggings. There was a bandage stuck on the inside of her elbow.

 

                “Thank goodness we had the donors sit in the waiting room or else we wouldn’t have found her,” the manager explained, pulling the girl into the room. “Yeonyoung, sit down.”

 

                Yeonyoung sat down on a chair that Jooheon offered her, and from outside, Changkyun, Minhyuk and Hyungwon came back in. She looked around, realizing just where she was. She looked back down at her hands, clasped in her lap, and she blushed heavily. She fiddled with the hem of her shirt, shrinking away from the boys who just entered the room. Her eyes landed on Hoseok, pinned between Hyunwoo and Kihyun. Their fangs were out, and they were struggling to restrain the other male. She gulped.

 

                “I didn’t think that we would find Hoseok’s mate during this little experiment,” the manager said, approaching the three of them.

 

                Kihyun looked up, eyes squinting as he stared back at the manager’s approaching form. “I know that you meant well, but I can’t have him hurting anyone, especially not a fan,” he explained. Hoseok seemed to have calmed down, and Kihyun rose to his feet, shooting a sharp glance over his shoulder.

 

                Hyunwoo released him as well, and he joined the other members. Hoseok lay down on the ground, his body still hot from the blood, the blood that came from Yeonyoung’s body. He raised his head, staring at her small form with bright red eyes. His breath quickened.

 

                “Is there anything I can do to help?” Yeonyoung asked after a moment of silence. The other members look at her in disbelief.

 

                Minhyuk spoke up. “There are two options. Either you let him imprint you with a mating bite, or you get the out of his life and hope that he doesn’t die from depression.” Hyungwon glares at him, and Minhyuk absentmindedly rubs his wrist where the other vampire had imprinted him. In fact, it was almost common knowledge to all the Monbebes that all the members were mated to each other except for Hoseok.

 

                “So, you thought, that if his mate couldn’t be anyone from inside the band that you would try to expand to the whole fan base through this blood drive?” Yeonyoung said, voice quivering.

 

                The manager nodded. “Yes, we need to try and get him a mate because the longer we wait, the more irritable he gets living off of normal blood. It just happens that we were lucky to select you to be his blood donor.”

 

                Yeonyoung dropped her gaze. She remembered when the news came out on the fan page, how she excitedly filled out the application form, noting that her bias was Hoseok. She would do anything charitable to try to help the group, and she knew of this possibility of them being mates. Yeonyoung just had to try her luck, and she succeeded.

 

                “What do I have to do?” Yeonyoung raised her head.

 

                The members all gasped. Being the leader, Hyunwoo stepped forward, his lips pursed into a straight line. “If you want to help him, we’ll leave you be here, and Hoseok will hopefully do the right thing,” he explained. Slowly all the other boys left the room, leaving Yeonyoung along with Hoseok.

 

                Hoseok panted loudly, his fangs feeling heavy in his mouth. He darted forward, and Yeonyoung fell back, shocked. He pinned her down, and she fell still, tilting her head to the side, revealing her pale neck. She gulped.

 

                “Are you sure you want to live an eternity with me, Yeonyoung?” Hoseok asked.

 

                “I do,” she said, looking up into his bright red eyes. “If this is what I was supposed to be, then I am more than willing to do it.”

 

                Hoseok leaned in, rasping his tongue against the smooth skin. Yeonyoung shivered beneath him. He placed his fangs against the skin, the sharp tips applying just enough pressure for her to feel it. He stopped. “Are you sure?” he asked. “If this is not what you want, then you can back out right now. I don’t want to do anything you don’t want me to, especially since we’ve just met.”

 

                Yeonyoung sighed. “I’ve wished for this day to come, the day where I could have you to myself, without anyone else to compete with me. I wanted this ever since you debuted with the rest of the boys, this is what I want.”

 

                Before she could continue, warm lips connected with . It was nothing more than a quick, chaste kiss, but before she could savour it, the kiss was over, and the warm fuzzy feeling was replaced by the feeling of fans piercing the skin on her neck. The first seconds of pain were replaced by a numbing sensation as Hoseok lapped up the blood with his tongue. A flame roared from within her as she felt an unfamiliar tug from inside.

 

                Yeonyoung had never felt anything like it before.