What will I do?

A Mysterious Thing

       "Kira!" I heard someone shout my name. I had just gotten knocked out by a truly mysterious thing. How did I get into this mess.. I was just a normal girl! Or so I thought.

As you heard before, my name is Kira Kethlun. Just this morning, I was a normal girl, walking with her two childhood friends, Kaede and Marc. 

     "Oh magical wind! Lift thy skirt o' Kethlun Kira!" Marc joked.

     "No way that's gonna happ-" my skirt flipped up. I hurried to push the fabric down. Kaede and Marc smirked.

     "It was pink, wasn't it Marc-dono?" 

     "Yes it was Kaede-dono!"
       I blushed furiously and shouted my complains. 
"S-shut up you y sorcerers!" They probably would've said something else but at that exact moment, the warning bell rang. We sprinted desperately towards the gate. 
     "Haha you losers! I-" I crashed right into someone. We landed in a clump on the ground.
     "Watch where you're going!" a rough voice shouted at me.
     "Sorry..." I massaged my forehead.
      From the classroom, I heard Marc shout for me, warning me that the teacher was coming. Without a second glance, I jumped into the classroom and into my seat. Just in time. The teacher walked casually into the room. 
      "I would very much appreciate it if you come earlier, Ms. Kethlun." she sternly told me, then her voice turned soft in a fraction of a degree. "Now, class, today we have two new transfers! Come in you two." They came in. Oh my god. Both transferers were boys, one with disheveled brown hair and the other, a redhead. They were fair, lean, and mysterious... They gave that aura off.
The teacher cleared and continued, "This is Natsu and Nick. Welcome them in." The class did more than welcome them. They started a fierce riot. During this disturbance, I sneaked a look at my two "boy"friends. Marc and Kaede tensed up just at the presence of these newcomers. They didn't even notice me. Anyways, Mrs. Faar directed the boys to the desks on either side of me. I didn't look at them, but I had this strange feeling that they were watching me the whole time.
In a flash, the school day passed. I waited for my boys at our usual meeting spot. Marc was at a student council meeting while Kaede sparred at his kendo club. Our marked maple tree stood firmly behind my back. Starting to slump into drowsiness, I slapped myself to keep up and scanned the campus. Marc and Kaede weren't here ye- wait, I caught a flash of our school uniform jacket. The owner ducked behind the school building. Hmm... I thought, time to play stalker. I followed soon enough. After turning this and that way, I found myself in an alley very nearby. The light was hard to adjust but in the end, I finally found out who it was. The new transfer, Natsu. His brown hair shimmered in the faint light but I could still see it. He seemed not to notice my presence. 
     Suddenly, he said, "Come out..." I froze. Had he caught me already? It seemed not. Because apparently, he wasn't even talking to me. I was about to step out into the light and confess but then someone, or something, posed a threat. A bright blue laser shot down at Natsu. He tensed up and sprang, kicking sideways at the thing. Out tumbled an animal, its mane glaringly white; it resembled a cross between a lion and a butterfly, because it had wings. Natsu mumbled some words and blood red circles sealed the monster. A blinding flash of light occurred. Natsu scooped a now-appeared jar and shoved it in his pocket. He turned around, leaving his back wide open for a surprise attack. But, of course I saw it. Another one of the monsters, bright red and gold, tiptoed slyly behind, stalking and waiting for an attack at Natsu's back. In a second, he pounced. I, this was gonna hurt, jumped out from my hiding place and pushed the idiot out of the way.His face was full of surprise. The lion-butterfly slashed right at my front; it felt really painful. I wanted to cry out that it hurt but I knew it wouldn't help. I also felt myself tumbled backwards as the animal's weight brought me down. Was this the end for me? A word came into my mind.
Shield! My mind went blank. Suddenly, a large clear dome erupted between the lion and me. My consciousness flickered between staying awake or fainting. It chose fainting. Hopefully, Natsu would be ready by the time the shield fell down...
     Natsu jumped up as fast as a monkey and used his stave to whack the lionfly senseless. Afterwards, the monster had several big lumps on its head. Natsu looked at his saver, the girl that sat on the right of him in class. He knew something was strange about her.. He reached out a hand to pick her up (the barrier fell) when another hand disarmed his own. 
    "Don't touch her." this was Kaede's voice. He and Marc met at the usual spot when Marc sensed Kira's magic. They sprinted through turns to find her and Natsu in the alley behind school. Shet, this is a bad impression.. Natsu thought, I mean, me, her, in a dark alley... that's kinda... Natsu let that thought linger in his mind. Marc picked up the fazed Kira and inspected her wounds. They weren't pretty. Claw marks tore through her clothes, leaving angry red marks at her belly. Her skin was pale, swimming with cold sweat. Marc took off his jacket and put it on her. 
    "Heal her, Marc."
    "Gotcha."
Marc breathed deeply and exhaled. Green light appeared at his hands. He gently put them on Kira's stomach. Soon, the lion's marks were small, lingering scars. Kaede sighed in relief. 
    "So, what did you do to our friend?" Kaede scowled at Natsu, dangerously calm.
    "Don't you see! I didn't do it! Look behind me." The duo glanced behind their classmate. A lionfly laid, beaten, with humongous bumps on its head. 
    "Then, tell us what happened?" 
Natsu began his explanation. Halfway between saying "-she jumped up and.." Marc let out a cry of alarm. Kaede and Natsu turned and surrounded Kira. Her body was not normal. It had a pale blue glow around her. 
    "H-her aura!" Natsu stammered. True, Kira's aura fired from her skin. It towered the boys. Cowering, the boys felt their energy increasing. All of a sudden, her aura relaxed and withdrew back into her body.
    "Well, shouldn't we take her home? She's freezing right now!" Marc broke the silence. They agreed, because it had started snowing. The duo said their good byes to their new "ally"; Kira was lifted and put on Kaede's back. Sprinting, they left for her house, very close to theirs. Ding dong! went the doorbell. No answer. Mr. and Mrs. Kethlun was out again. Luckily, the boys knew where the spare key was and together, they headed upstairs to Kira's room. (Shamelessly, I might add XD.) Kaede set Kira on her bed, where she snoozed quietly. 
    "I-i can't believe we have to do this." Kaede told his companion, blushing slightly. They knew what they had to do. Kira wasn't just gonna sleep with torn clothes that looked like they had just fought with a monster, which of course they had. If her mom or someone came into her room, that would rouse suspicions. Slowly, Kaede slipped off her ruins of a shirt, while Marc took off her skirt. They put her PJS on and tucked her in bed. They stared at their friend. She breathed softly, buffeting their faces with gentle breaths. Kaede's heart beat loudly. Shut up, his mind thought. Kira groaned. 
    "Kira!"

    I rubbed my eyes tiredly and surveyed my surroundings. I was somehow in my bedroom. Wearing my pajamas. Weird.. don't remember me changing.. I sat up now and was surprised. There, on the ground, were Marc and Kaede. I poked at them with my foot. They moaned.
    "Five more minutes.." they said in unison. 
    "Care to explain to me what happened?" They jumped up at the sound of my voice. After shouting "Kira" multiple times, they began trying to explain what happened. I held my hand up. 
    "Actually, on second thought, later. 'Cuz school's gonna start soon." It was true. The clock rang 7:10. Fortunately, I usually woke up at this time. I gathered some of my spare uniforms and headed to my undergarments cupboard. I froze.
"Y-you guys changed me, didn't you?" We all blushed. I escaped to the shower and began my regular routine. I came out of the bathroom, 15 minutes later, refreshed. THAT matter was erased out of my mind for now.
"Want breakfast?" I called out to my fellow piers. They nodded assent and I began cooking. As I created food, various thoughts swirled in my head. What was that thing I made? Who was Natsu? What was THAT animal?
    "Kira!" I turned my head. Kaede was holding my hand. His black hair tickled my neck. I flushed, because I was about to put my hand in the sizzling pan. 
    "T-thanks." I smiled weakly. We ate quickly and just when i put the dishes in the sink, the watch alarm, beeping, told me it was 7:45, our usual time to leave. I locked the door and continued on our way to school. By 7:55, we arrived at the gate. Guess who was there? Natsu and his buddy, Nick.
    Natsu waved and came close to my ear. I blushed a deep red. H-he was way too close. "Come to the rooftop at lunch, bring your friends, too."
After that, he nodded and walked away. I hope my face wasn't as hot as it felt. 
Now, Kaede leaned over and whispered softly into my ear, "What did he want?"
    "You guys really needa stop doing that," I stammered. "He said to meet at the rooftop at lunch."
Kaede told Marc and we headed to our seats and waited. After 4th period, we took our bentos, or boxed lunches (which I made), and headed towards the rooftop. A nice breeze blew my hair crazily around my head. Just what I need... I mumbled to myself, something else to blow my skirt up.. Natsu was already there, only starting to open his lunch. He saw us and gestured for us to sit next to him. 
    "So, what do you need?" I interrogated him.
    "We need to discuss your power." This left me tense. My shield power? A power I just discovered yesterday? "But first, let's eat." 
He stuffed his mouth with riceballs. I had to laugh. In unison, we all opened our lunches. 
    "You have some rice stuck on you." I told Natsu as I picked off his face, the leftover of his riceballs. He blushed a doll pink and whispered "thanks." I felt Kaede glare at me. 
    "What?" I demanded.
    "Nothing.." 
    "Hmm.. suspicious... The suspect of a ert.." 
    "H-hey!" I laughed again. 
    Marc announced out, "Now I feel lonely.." I poked his ribs. 
    "I feel like an entertainer." I complained in a monotone whiny voice. We all laughed. I was having so much fu-- a wave of nausea washed over me. I doubled over, overwhelmed by the pain. All around me, I heard voices, not just my friends around me, but others. I out. 

When I finally came to, I found myself in a bed in the infirmary. I blinked. Kaede, Natsu, and Marc looked down at me. 
    "You scared the hell out of us, Kira!" Kaede jumped out and hugged me tight. I patted him reassuringly. 
    "Kaede, you choking me. I'm ok, I think. What happened?"
    "You out. I guess it's as good a time as any to tell you." Natsu popped out. "You're a sorceress." I nodded. I figured as much. I mean, c'mon, no NORMAL person could make a shield out of nothing.
    Marc continued, "You probably are the type where you can use shields and stuff." Now at THAT, I blinked. 
    "Don't tell me... you guys are sorcerers?" The boys nodded. One surprise after another. "Geez, so after all those years, I didn't know?" I asked. They hung their heads. After reassuring them it was okay, I glanced at the clock. Holy! It was 6:47. I threw my legs off the bed and put on my shoes. I nearly fell over again, but I was trying hard to ease their worries. 
    "Let's go home." I said to my friends. They nodded, but they wouldn't allow me to step out until I was piggybacked by someone. Great, another embarrassing moment. 
    "So? Who's gonna do it?" 
    "I'll do it." Natsu said speedy quick. "I mean, it was my fault that I got you into this mess." 
He had a point, so I allowed myself to be carried.
    "Dang! You're light!" I blushed and laughed quietly.
    "I guess I am." I swear I felt Marc and Kaede glare at him. Powerful glares. I laid my arms around Natsu's shoulders and fell asleep. He felt hot for some reason. Must've been my imagination. 

    On foot, we headed for Kira's house. Kaede was in a bad mood. Every moment or so, he growled, "You better not be touching her.." and of course Natsu would deny it. Suddenly, I felt a disturbance.
    "Duck!" I shouted to my allies. In response, they cowered down into the snow. A dark sphere nearby whipped towards us, something made by dark magic, I could tell. It must've been sent orders to capture anything with magic because it headed towards Natsu and Kira. Kira! A net was fired towards them. Kaede and me were too far to help! Natsu was occupied with Kira. They were going to be captured! Or at least that's what I thought. Kira, brown eyes, opened her now blue eyes. 
    "Shield." A powerful dome was fired directly before the sphere. So powerful, that the dark magic was vanquished, no proof that it was ever there at all. We all looked in wonder at Kira. She stood there, aura full of power. Her eyes returned to brown. She smiled.
    "I woke up by the presence of dark magic," she explained. Wow.