Broken Dreams

Broken Dreams (Oneshot)

The rhythmic sound of a basketball bouncing up and down can be heard in the small park squeezed in between large buildings in the centre of Seoul city. You run while bouncing the ball before you throw it towards the hoop. A content smile grows on your lips as you watch the ball slip through, and the net makes a swooshing sound. You feel like you´re in great shape right now. You jog around a bit while bouncing the ball, dribbling when you run into an invincible opponent, and then throw it towards the hoop again: score.  You´ve not felt this good for a while now. It feels like you could enter any tournament and win together with even the lousiest kind of team. Yes, you´re a bit self-confident but you´re not the type to brag about neither about your athletic abilities nor your fit body.

You wipe away some sweat from your forehead with a content smile on your pale lips.

A loud, high-pitched scream, takes your attention from your training and you turn to glance towards the building across the street. You´ve been training her for two weeks now and you´re well aware that there´s a lot of things going over there: you don´t know exactly what though. You see tons of girls and boys come and go just to stand outside the building´s entrance. They´re all so noisy. You tuck away your long black tresses as you regard them: you notice how they´ve dressed up like they´re going to some kind of party. But all they do is standing outside in the cold being noisy.  You on the other hand is almost always dressed in comfortable clothes that enables you to move around. You can´t really see the point in laying money on clothes and make up. You shrug.

You sit down at a bench close by with the basketball in your lap. The sound of birds makes you relax. It´s spring and the sun is coming out more and more for everyday. The sunlight seems to give life to everything that slipped to sleep during the winter days. Long eyelashes flutter as you close your eyes to enjoy the feeling of sunlight against your skin. You put on your ipod as you start to stretch your tense muscles so you won´t get muscle ache tomorrow due to ever exercising. The beats of your sister´s favorite Korean stars fills your ear.

You don´t notice how time passes by as you stretch, eat your lunch box, and starts training again but the sun has moved on the sky and it´s getting colder. The nicely dressed teens have gone home long ago. You accidentally touch the basketball so it falls of the bench and bounces away towards the road. Your eyes widen as you go after it. You turn around to fetch the ball but a shadow makes you flinch violently. A young man is standing there: staring at you. Your heart beat quickly in your chest by the surprise. He bends down to take the ball before he offers it to you. You take a deep calming breath.

“Geez, you scared me half to death!” You complain.

He stares at you in silence for a long while as if he´s waiting for me to say something before he reacts. This is strange, you think as you stare up at him. He´s about two heads taller than you, he seems slim and healthy, his brown slightly wavy hair reaches his neck and those big eyes of his are focused on you. He´s handsome and it makes you a bit uncomfortable. You got this itching feeling that you’ve seen him somewhere before.

“Sorry. May I challenge you for a match?” He asks you politely with an excited smile on his lips.

“You play?” Your eyes widen a bit.

To be honest, he looks like the type that doesn´t want to get sweaty. He´s dressed in nice clothes that probably cost a lot, his hair is nicely styled into a wavy hairstyle, and his aura tells me of some kind of wealth. It´s not the kind of person you usually play basket with. You´re not the type to judge on appearances though so you shrug your shoulders and nod.

“Why not?” You smirk up at him: accepting his bold challenge.

His smile grows broader. He seems to be the competitive type. “First one to score three goals wins?” He suggests as he starts bouncing the ball up and down.

“Sure.” Black hair floats in the wind as you nod.

And then he sprints off. Your eyes widen as you run after him. Wow, he´s quick! You hunt him with all your might and use your shortness to slip before him and become an obstacle. Your eyes meet for a second and your heart skips a beat. He fools you with smart dribbles and scores. You can hear the sound of a ball passing through the hoop and fall to the ground. The bouncing sound makes your eyebrow twitch.

“1-0, to me.” He smirks.

“Not for long.”

You take the ball and bounce it before you sprint. You once again use your smallness and agility to dibble by him while swirling around and keeping your back towards him. He´s a lot bigger and stronger than you: you feel that since he gets you out of balance over and over again. You throws it towards the hoop and he´s suddenly there, and jumps up to take the ball before it even reaches the hoop!…and tall. You waste no time to admit defeat: you run after him in attempt to hinder him from making a second goal. You´re unable to do that. And skilled.

“2-0.” His smirk is growing.

You´re getting very frustrated. You feel as if you are in top shape but you can´t keep up with this stranger that appeared out of nowhere.

“I won.” He states the fact as he makes the third goal.

You glare at him as you wipe away the sweat on your forehead.

“It´s only because you´re so tall.” You tell him with a bitter pout on your lips. You can´t help but feel irritated over the loss. You didn´t think you´d meet someone like him like that. You thought he was a newbie but you have to admit that he is very skilled. “Geez, where did you get that talent from? Are you a pro?”

“Hahaha.” His laugh is like music to the ears. That was not expected. “No, it´s only a hobby.”

“Trust me, stranger, you should go pro. You´ve the talent and height to do it.” You smile broadly at him.

“You´re not too bad yourself.”He tells you with a gentle, modest but honest smile. “I saw you training here from across the street.”

“Hahaha, I´m ___. Nice to meet you.” You bow your head. “Yes, this is my usual training spot now when the weather is getting warmer…”

“I see. I´m Choi Minho, nice to meet you.” He bows his head a bit but his eyes doesn´t leave your face.

It seems like he´s waiting for something again and he´s suddenly looking surprised. You tilt your head to the side as you look up at him as a big question mark. You shake your head as you realize something. Minho´s eyes widen.

“I´ve to go, it´s getting late.” You comment as you realize that the sun has already set. Minho´s eyes regain their normal size and he smiles in an almost relieved manner. “Bye, it was a great game. Come and challenge me again when you got time, as I said I usually train here so you know where to find me.”

“Bye bye.” He murmurs with a teasing, but content, smile on his lips.

You return that smile as you take the ball from his hands and prepare to leave. He seems to watch you as you do so. You give Minho one last bow of your head as you takes your leave and heads to the bus stop further down the street.  

You don´t expect to run into the pretty basketball star ever again.

Several days have passed since you met the skilled stranger and he hasn´t showed up since then. The memory of him has almost faded but you still remember those kind eyes as well as his angelic laugh that´s still echoing in your head. Forgotten? No, you can´t forget about Minho even though you tell yourself over and over again that you should. I should have asked for his number. I should have asked him to come here again more directly. He won´t show up again. You ponder as a deep sigh leaves your lips. It´s not every day that you, a girl that care less about looks and more about sports, meet a guy like that. The first days after your encounter you actually waited for Minho to show up. But your hope faded for each passing day until you gave up. He won´t come back. Seoul is a big city and it´s not easy to accidentally run into a person twice by chance.

You´re once again training in the park by yourself. The sound of children playing, mothers conversing, the ice-cream man selling ice-cream can be heard in the small park. It´s one of those sunny days again, and the weak sunlight seems to give the cold earth new life.  You´re enjoying the loneliness of being in a crowded place by yourself.  Some might call you a tomboy, others a loner but to be honest you simply enjoy things in life most girls your age avoids. You´re making goal after goal as you stand there and practices your aim. Some children watches you with thrilled eyes and you decide to teach them a little about basketball. They´re so young: so you have to help them score by lifting them up from the ground. Their careless laughter makes you smile.

“Ah, he´s coming this way!” One of them suddenly exclaims.

This makes you take a firmer hold of the kind in your arms as you turn around to look in the direction he points. The sound of quick footsteps can be heard. Minho comes jogging towards you with his big grey hoodie covering half of his face. It was hard to recognize him at first but your heart skips a beat as you realizes it´s him. It´s him! You feel strange as he approaches you.

“Hey.” He´s a little out of breath but that smile is still on those nice, inviting lips of his.

“Long time no see.” You answer with a smirk.

You didn´t expect yourself to feel this happy over seeing him again. Your smirk fades a bit as you feel how your stomach is full of butterflies just due to one of his smiles. A frown makes you look twice your age. You´re not the kind of girl that gets butterflies just because of a pretty face: you´re not that shallow. You shake your head to get rid of those silly thoughts. The kid in your arms get restless so you let him down carefully and he and his friend runs off to play with their moms.  You wave at them with a gentle smile on your face.

“You´re good with children.” Minho comments.

“I like them.” You nod. “They´re so cute…!”

Minho smiles at this and you blush a bit. You´re not the type that looks like you´d get along with younger children but you actually really like them and they tend to like you as well.

“So you´re jogging today?” You ask Minho.

“Yes. I jogged round the area.” He nods. “I saw you from across the street so I thought I´d drop by.”

You nod. He seems to be a guy that keeps in shape.

“You´re really diligent.”

“That should be my line.” He smirks back at you.

Minho turns away from you to grab the basketball on the ground close to the hoop. He let it spin on his finger before he let it fall to the ground and up again. Dark brown eyes stare at you in a challenging manner as he starts to move towards you. There´s a dangerous glint in your eyes as you stand your ground as you try to snatch the ball away from Minho. You won´t let him win that easily this time. A laugh leaves his lips at this and you can´t help but smile. Minho seems to be a very playful and competitive guy.

The two of you train together for about two hours. The sun is setting and you sit down at the bench to rest and do some stretching. You´re sweaty and tired, but it feels nice. There´s this comfortable silence between you and Minho as you sit there. The park is now empty of people but the loneliness doesn´t bother you a tall. He´s finally pulling down the hood so you can see his face clearly. His wavy hair is slightly damp by sweat.

“So why are you here, practicing, everyday?” Minho breaks the silence.

Your eyes widen a fraction. Something about the way he asks that makes you feel that he has seen you practicing a lot but not approached you. You meet his eyes. Has he been watching me? You feel how your cheeks change color at the thought but your emotions goes up and down as a rollercoaster. You force a smile to your lips. You´re probably over-analyzing things.

“I want to become a professional basketball player.” Is your answer. “So I try to train as often as possible.”

“You´re good, so what´s stopping you?” He asks you honestly.

You tenses a bit.“… My knee.” You answer in a whisper.

Minho looks a bit concerned. His eyes move to your knee. You touch it gently as you start to think about how you got hurt not too long ago.

“I got an injury during a game last year and I… can´t jump as I used to.” You explain to him.

“You didn´t seem to be in pain last time?”

You nod. “To be honest, the pain comes and goes but the injury remains.” You tell him. “I can feel that I´m fine, that my knee is as good as new, but the next day it can be painful to the point that I can´t walk.”

“Did you go to a doctor?” Minho frowns.

“Yes, he said I should be careful until it heals. It´s not that serious.” You shrug, but you´re not telling the whole truth.

“It sounds serious to me.” He murmurs. It feels like he can sense that you´re not completely honest with him.

“Let´s change topic!” You smile a forced smile since you dislike where this conversation is going.

You feel awkward to tell Minho about your knee when you´ve just meet him twice, you don´t want him to either pity or worry over you, but it feels like he´s a good listener. It also seems as if he´s sincerely concerned about your well being, something a normal stranger wouldn´t be. You offer him a more genuine smile as you hope that the two of you can become true friends in the future.

Minho returns the smile. “What do you think… about KPOP?” It seems as if he noticed your discomfort and agreed on a change of subject.

“Hmm?” You shrug, a little surprised over the new topic. “Never cared too much about it actually. My younger sister loves some groups and she´s always going to concerts. Mother complains that she´s ruining the family´s economy.”

Minho laughs merrily as if he just realized something. It makes you smile and your knee is forgotten.

“So I guess you like KPOP?” You ask Minho as you urge him to talk about himself.

“Yes, it´s my passion.” He answers with a nod of his head before he leans back to glance towards the stars. A smirk grows bigger on his lips. “I really like this group called SHINee…”

You look at the bright stars as well. It´s getting cold, but the air is fresh and soothing. Somehow you connect what he said to the radiant light of those starts above the two of you.

“Hmm?” You´re a bit lost in your own thoughts. “Shiny?”

“No, SHINee.” He explains to you carefully.  

You turn to regard him silently as he watches the sky. The reflection of the only source of light, the stars are, making his seemingly flawless skin glow in the darkness. The smile on his lips catches your attention. It´s one of those happy, dreamy smiles. You´ve seen them on your sister´s lips a lot lately: when she is thinking about those pretty idols.

“You really do like this group. There must be really talented and beautiful girls.” You tell him with a smirk.

You can see how he flinches at your words. The smile on his lips vanishes as his eyes abandon the starts to look you in the eyes. Minho´s brown orbs widen after a moment of silence and he suppresses a laugh. This makes your eyes widen a bit but you won´t question him about it. He must be daydreaming about those pretty girls your sister is always talking about. Maybe the ones with the long and flawless legs? A chuckle leaves your lips.

“I never got interested in KPOP. I probably listen to it but it´s not because of how they look: but their voices. I like music with a good beat, it helps me exercise.“ You look at Minho seriously. “This is nothing personal though, I don´t know about SHINee, but I bet they´re really talented and beautiful.”

“No no, it´s ok.” He seems you understand you. “It´s a tough business with a lot of pressure. Sometimes your talent doesn´t matter if you don´t have a personality or face that fits it.”

You regard Minho in silence; he seems bothered by something. It´s the first time you see his worried face. It makes your stomach feel weird.

“It must be hard to be an idol.” You ponder out loud with a frown on your face. “Loved by many, disliked by many and always having this pressure to do well. I think, as an idol, you have to give up a lot of things… and I wonder if it´s worth it. Of course, you can´t get everything, but giving up your private life to reach your dream is a lot…”

Minho regards you for a long time before he starts talking again. “___, would you give up what you love to become a professional basketball player?” He´s serious.

“I…” You´re at a loss of words. “Almost everything… but I still want to be the person I am now and I want to be able to be with the people I love…I guess. I think what is important is not to let fame change who you are.”

The seriousness fades as Minho smiles at you and you feel how you´re kept captive by that killer smile. You can´t look away. He´s tall, handsome and mysterious. Yet, so very kind and caring. It´s something about him that keeps you wanting to know more. Your eye-lock gets awkwardly long but he doesn´t avert his gaze: he looks into your eyes with a smile on his lips. This takes you off guard. Why is he looking at me like that? With those eyes? You look down.

“I need to go.” You find an excuse to leave. “It´s late.”

Minho looks at you as you get up from the bench with a slightly disappointed expression on his face. What you can´t see is that Minho´s frowning with a troubled expression as he´s left alone in the park. He discreetly covers his face with the hood again.

You´re sweating a lot as you are once again competing with Minho in the park during the unholy hours. You won´t let him reach the hoop this time. You can´t be defeated a third time! Minho is coming towards you in an amazing speed and you put yourself between him and his goal: the hoop. You stand your ground and you´re suddenly feel how you bump into Minho, who probably thought you´d move out of the way, and is sent flying backwards. A loud gasp can be heard as you hit the ground and you lose the ability to breathe for a moment. As you try to regain your breath you´re overwhelmed by intense pain.

“____!!” Minho calls your name as he runs to kneel down by your side. “Are you ok? Sorry, I thought you´d …”

Minho´s eyes widen as he sees how you try to hide your knee from his sight.

 “I´ve… this has happened before…” You tell him in a grunt.

You can feel how he holds you as you sit up carefully. Your whole leg is hurting but it´s not an unfamiliar pain. Your knee is dislocated. Again. Minho gasps at the sight of your knee when you finally let him see it. You ignore his presence as you try to manage the pain without crying. Trembling fingers touch your knee as you try to fix it by yourself. A big and rough hand takes yours. Even though you´re in pain, the simple touch of his hand send electricity through your body that easily overpowers that pain. His hand is so big…! Minho covers his face with the hood. You stare at him in a confused manner.

“No, you might make it worse.” Minho gets up on his feet and turns his back on you, bending down, while urging you to lean onto him. “Get on.”

“What?” Your eyes are wide.

“I´ll give you a piggy back ride to the hospital. Get on.” He explains in a slightly irritated voice. “Your body is your most important tool in sports. You´ve to be careful. What if you can´t play basket anymore?”

It feels like Minho is lecturing you. Minho turns around when you make no move to lean onto his back and accept his offer. His eyes are wide as he stares down at you. You smile bitterly back up at him. His words really hurt you deeply even though he meant to be kind. You can´t help it. You tried your best to ignore the pain and keep on training…

“Minho, to be honest, I was kicked out of the basket team.” You tell him in a dry voice.

“Why?”

“Because of my knee. My coach told me that I wouldn´t be able to compete with such an injury but you know, it´s so… hard… to give up. Basket is my dream.”

“Are you stupid?!” Minho yells at you as he realizes that you´ve been training with an injury for such a long time. You look up at him wide-eyed. You didn´t expect him to get angry with you like that.“What if you hurt yourself until you can´t even walk?”

“You don´t understand…” You start silently as tears roll down your cheeks. “You don´t understand anything, you idiot!”

You get up slowly and Minho is quickly there to support you. You push him away. Minho stares at you with a pair of serious eyes that seem to be pitch-black by frustration.  A gasp leaves his lips as you start to limp away from him.

“Hey, wait!”

You don´t stop. “I don´t care! You know, there´s something that´s called Handicap basketball too! I don´t even have to use my knees!!” You shout at the top of your lungs with your back towards Minho. “I´ll use a wheelchair!”

Suddenly, you feel how a pair of strong arms encircles you from behind. Your teary eyes widen as you´re pressed against a warm and broad chest. You feel Minho´s breath at your neck. He supports your whole weight in that moment and you realize you´d have fallen without him.

“You´re being silly. Don´t hurt yourself like this….” He murmurs into your hair in a gentle, almost pleading voice. “Let me take you to the hospital. “

Tears fall down. You had no right to get angry at Minho, he´s only worried about you. You feel a bit ashamed about how you acted towards him. Your face turns red by embarrassment. It´s hard to face the fact that you might never reach your dreams because of a stupid knee injury.

“O-okay.” You finally break down.

Minho took you to a doctor who helped you to fix your knee. Something was strange though, Minho kept hiding his face when they were inside. You were given a crutch and were told not to put weight on your knee for at least two weeks. That means no basketball for a very long time. The strange thing was that Minho mysteriously disappeared when your family came to pick you up. You got no chance to actually thank him.

Your knee keeps you from spending time at the park and several days pass by without being able to exercise at all. You can literally feel how you´re gaining weight and your muscles are getting sloppier for each passing day. But that´s not the worst part: it´s the fact that you´ve been unable to meet and thank Minho for his help. A blush covers your face as you remember how he hugged you that day and how he carried you all the way to the hospital without a single complaint. Your heart starts to beat fast. You´ve had time to think these past days and you´ve realized that you actually like Minho. Yes, like-like.

“__, what are you daydreaming about?” Your little sister asks you as she enters your room. “Can I borrow a pen? I need to do my homework.”

“I´m not d-d-daydreaming…!” You stutter. “Sure you can, here. Do you need help?”

You hand her one of your pens and a thought strikes you as you see the notebook covered by pretty KPOP stars she is holding.

“By the way, do you know a KPOP group called SHINee?” You ask your little sister.

“Eh, since when did you care about Kpop?” She asks you wide-eyed.

“I met this guy who said SHINee was good group, I thought I´d check them out to see if we have the same taste.”

“Really, a guy? I can show you some of their MVs.” Your sister smiles broadly as she forgets all about her homework.

Your sister kneels down next to you and takes your laptop. You got it as a birthday present some months ago but you´ve never been the type to use it frequently. Your sister searches for SHINee on a popular video site and gives you the laptop after starting one of the group´s recent MVs. Your eyes widen as you watch the video. Now you know why Minho laughed at you when you thought it was a girl group. They´re five guys. You feel very embarrassed. Geez I´m so stupid!

Your eyes widen even more as you spot the tallest member in the group. You lose the ability to breathe for a moment.“That´s him, Minho!” You exclaim loudly, pointing at the rapping member.

“Yes!” Your sister laughs happily. “He´s Choi Minho, born in 1991 and the main rapper in SHINee.”

“Oh my god…” You murmur as you face palm yourself.

You´ve been meeting a KPOP idol all this time and you didn´t even notice it! You can see all the signs when you look back now. A lot of nicely dressed people were standing outside the building across the treet, He said he saw you from across the street, the reason why he looked surprised when he introduced himself was because you didn’t recognize him, he always hid his face and came to the park during late ours and he disappeared before your parents could pick you up at the hospital.

And you told him all about how you didn´t like KPOP! Your face turns as red as a tomato. But why didn´t he tell you about it? This question lingers in your head.

Your sister must have thought you liked SHINee a lot judging on your facial expression so she ran over to her room to fetch something.

“Sis, let´s go to their live together!”

You look at the tickets with a hesitant frown on your face. You swallow your saliva. You know that you like him, a lot, but him being a star changes a lot of things… ?

You´re dressed up in a cute dress your sister picked for you since she didn´t approve of any of your sporty clothes. It ends just below your knee so your bandage is hidden and it has a really cute and colorful pattern. You feel like you´re going on a masquerade. Your mom is so excited over the fact that you finally shown interest in boys so she helped out with the makeup. You can´t even recognize your own reflection but you can´t lie and say that you look ugly. You doubt Minho will even recognize you if he spots you in the crowd of fans. It makes you kind of relieved. You can´t help but curse under your breath as you stumble with your crutch as you and your sis is walking to meet her friends. It seems that they´re all thrilled about that someone older than them wanted to join. You never saw yourself as “cool” but your sister brags about you a bit. You love her.

You enter a totally different world as your sister and her friends lead the way towards the outdoor stadium where a small SHINee concert will take place. The streets are full of well dressed youths, mainly girls, and you recognize them a little. Some of them were standing in line outside that building close to the park. They´re all fans. The feeling of excitement is in the air but you´re really nervous. You feel so out of place. You know you´ll see Minho in a few minutes: you know that at least 20 percent of the people here will drool over him. Your chest hurts. You prefer to meet him by yourself in the park over with several hundred of fans that want him.

You can´t believe your eyes as you stand there in the ocean of fans when SHINee is performing. The five young men enter the stage with self-confidence. There´s a young boy with a cute face, a short guy with a killer smirk, a guy that wears pink, a mature looking young man and finally, there´s Minho. He´s shining more brightly than ever. You don´t even notice the other four members once your eyes landed on him. He has that dreamy, passionate, smile on his lips that you saw when you watched the stars together several weeks ago. Your lips turn into a soft smile. Minho looks so happy as he dances there, rapping with great strength and skill. You like it. A lot.

“Sis, are you crying?”

You flinch as your sister looks at you. Hands touch cheeks and fingers get damp by the falling tears. A laugh leaves your lips.

“Yeah.” You smile like a fool. “They´re amazing!”

A strange sound echoes over the crowd of fans suddenly, it happened so quickly almost no one noticed or payed attention to it, but you looks up and meets Minho´s gaze for a short second. Your heart skips a beat. He looks away quickly, as if he didn´t see you but just took a look over the fans. Did he really see me? Your happy tears keep on falling.

“Did Minho just mess up a little?” Someone murmurs.

You avert your gaze from the stage and cover your mouth with your hand as you close your eyes.

You, and the others, are at the entrance. The younger girls wanted to stay long after the concert ended in an attempt to get a glance of the pop stars before heading home. You don´t complain even though you´re cold and tired. You let the fans look around while you sit on the stairs to rest. You hear slow steps in the stairs above you.

“___!” Someone calls your name.

You turn to look at the source of sound over your shoulder with narrow eyes: that voice is very familiar. A low gasp leaves your lips as you find yourself looking at SHINee´s Choi Minho.

 “It´s Minho!” The girls exclaim. “Why does he know your sister´s name?” They ask your younger sister.

A man that accompanied Minho glares at you since you´re not supposed to be here but Minho tells him it´s ok. The man shrugs as he leaves. It seems that you and the other girls were the last people there and that you´ve unconsciously been stalking SHINee. This makes you embarrassed. You don´t know how to act right now since this isn´t the Minho you thought you knew. And you certainly don´t want him to think you´re a crazy fangirl all of a sudden.

“I can´t believe you came.” Minho murmurs with wide, shocked eyes. “How´s your knee?”

“I´m ok but I feel so stupid.” You tell him with a severe blush.

“Don´t.”

Minho approaches you slowly. He touches your shoulders gently but firmly as you get up on your feet. He supports you so you don´t need the crutch. Your sister and her friends look at each other with confusion and excitement but they move away in respect. They´re whispering to each other wide-eyed though.

“I had no clue that you were … an idol… until I asked my sister about SHINee.” You nod in your sister´s direction.

Minho glances at the girls and you hear a loud squealing sound from below. A shiver runs through your body. You take a deep breath to calm yourself down. The man in front of you is still the Minho you knew and you shouldn´t act differently because he´s famous. Minho looks at you almost shyly. His hand is still resting on your shoulder. He moves in closer so the other´s won´t hear your conversation. The closeness is maddening.

“I liked that. Now I know that our friendship isn´t based on the fact that I´m famous.” He answers with a weak smile on his lips while looking into your eyes. “I´m sorry that I kept it from you but you didn´t seem to recognize me so I avoided to mentioning it in fear that you´d…”

“I understand.” You laugh. You didn´t think he was thinking that deeply about it.

Minho seems to relax as he sees you laugh. “I spotted you in the park from the SM building across the street. At first I didn´t think much about it but you returned early and stayed until late every day. You were always training so seriously… it… caught my attention…”

“So you did watch me.”

Minho knows how bad that sounds, he shrugs uncomfortably as he nods. You laugh again at this and you feel strangely happy. This means that he has been as conscious of you as you´ve been of him. A warm sensation overwhelms your whole being at this realization. You can´t believe this at all.

“Ah, by the way, thank you for last time.” You thank him with a bow. “I´m just a bit, sensitive when it comes to my injury…I´m sorry I acted that way when you only wanted to help me.”

He nods understandingly. “If you rest and let it heal probably, you´ll be able to reach your dream. It´ll take longer time… but I know you´ll be able to do it. You´ve to give up a lot of things, but you should never give your health up for a dream.” He smiles reassuringly.

“Yes. You reached your dream?”

“Yes, I debuted, but now I strive to become even a better artist.”

“Kids, it´s time to scatter. Minho, your manager told you to get back.” The man before interrupts you suddenly.

Minho looks up at the staff member quickly and nods with a slightly irritated smile.

“I guess it´s time to go. I´ll see you around?” You don´t want to part with Minho but you know you should. He´s an idol and can´t be with you right now.

“You´re really pretty.” He tells you suddenly, totally changing the subject.

Your face turns blood red. “What are you saying??” You stutter as you turn away from him with embarrassment. You prepare to leave.

Minho just smirks. “What I´m trying to say is…” Minho looks at the girls below before he moves in closer, stops you from leaving, turns you around so they can only see your back, before he gives you a sudden kiss.

Your eyes are wide as you feel the soft touch of his lips against yours followed by warm breath on your face. Dark eyes look at you, into your soul, as Minho touches your cheek gently.

“I like you.” He confesses with a whisper into your ear. “Next time I meet you, it´s a date.”

Minho looks at you for confirmation and he smiles when you give him an embarrassed nod. The idol turns around and walks up the stairs slowly just as if he wants to make this moment last longer. You can´t help but watch him as he disappears.  It´s not until then the other girls starts to move.

“Sis, why didn´t you tell me!?” Your little sister glomps you. “I hate you, you should have asked him to give us his autograph.”