1 (FIN)

smoke

Alcohol burned his throat, while sweaty bodies mingled throughout the club causing the heated atmosphere. The young male with blue hair wanted, no, needed to get some air.

He had been in there long enough for the once loose white t-shirt he was wearing to now be sticking to his small frame. Despite his friends height, Chanyeol was nowhere in sight.

With another 30 seconds, a soft sigh escaped his lips and he began pushing through the crowd. The fresh air was calling his name.

With an 'excuse me' here and there, a cool breeze hit his exposed skin. He drunkenly stumbled to a corner in the alleyway he entered. His eyes closed and his breath calmed its pace.

He was so immersed in the calm atmosphere he hadn't noticed the taller male leaning against the wall. It wasnt until he heard the click of a lighter, or the smell of toxic smoke clogged his nose.

The foreign smell he'd spent so much distancing himself from brought back terrible memories. Terrible memories that were scratching in the back of his mind, clawing for an escape.

It wasnt the cigarettes themselves that caused bad memories, but the smell he'd have fill his nose after silently crying to himself. The smell that would emit after his father decided to sit down and take a break from using the poor boy as a punching bag, and instead force him to clean himself so his mother wouldn't be suspicious.

Tears silently fell down his cheeks and the stranger got worried. "Hey? Are you okay?"

"I-Im fine." His voice cracked, yet he honestly didn't care anymore.

"Oh, well I'm Sehun. Oh Sehun." The stranger said, extending his hand for a shake.

"Luhan." The smaller said shaking his hand.

"Luhan," the other started, feeling how the name felt smooth on his tongue. "Can you tell me why you're crying?" He took a drag of the cigarette and had to kill the urge to blow the smoke in his face.

When he blew it in the opposite direction, it curled and created multiple wisps of silver grey smoke dancing their way through the thick, hazy air as if excited to escape the gentle pull of the cold breeze.

"I mean I could," he slurred, "but you have to promise me you wont smoke. At least in front of me."

Sehun nodded, then a ghost of a smile forced its way on his face.

Does this mean he wants us to be friends?

"Well to put it softly, my dad was a total . Especially to my brother. I'd watch him hit my brother, but I couldn't do anything because I was too young to fully understand it." Sehun hugged him and made a hand motion as if to say 'go on'.
"When my brother moved out, may dad was still a bad alcoholic, wait I didn't say he was one. Well he was an alcoholic. Anyway, when my brother moved out, my dad, he, um, he started hitting me instead."

By the time he finishes saying that, tears cloud his vision. The once sweat clad shirt, was now wet with few tears he couldn't manage to catch.

"Why do you hate smoking, though? You don't have to tell me. I cam see you're upset." Sehun asked. He understands abuse can damage anyone, hell he witnessed someone be abused, and that left him traumatized.

"No, it feels nice to let it all out. I don't really like the smell of smoke because after he'd be finished with me, he would make me light a cigarette for him. Then he would push me and make me clean myself. Sometimes he blew the smoke in my face because he knew I didn't like the smell. Other times when I would cry, he'd ask I fi wanted a reason to cry a-and he would burn me with the cancer stick."

A chuckle passed Sehun's lips at his choice of words. Luhan even giggled a little.

"Well, I'll agree with you. He was an , or at least seems like one. So how do you find yourself out h-" Sehun was cut off by light snoring from his left.

He lifted the frail boy up and began walking home, sending a text to the most recent contact in Luhans phone.

Yeolie: I found Soo I'll be with him


LuLu: This is Luhans friend, he'll be at my house no need to worry

The text did sound suspicious, yes, but it was all he could think of at the moment. The tall male then continued to walk to his car and drive them back to his small apartment.

When he entered, he took off their shoes and brought the older to his room. When his head hit the pillow, his hand immediately went under it and he curled up in a small ball.

Sehun snapped a picture before heading to lay down on the couch. His blanket curled over him and his body sprawled out. Even though it was uncomfortable, he still would rather Luhan have the bed.

The next morning when Luhan woke up, his vision was blurred by the bright light that shone directly on his eyes. He looked down to see he was still in his clothes from last night.

The unfamiliar bedroom made him jump a little. It wasnt until his memory came flooding back, well some of it at least, when he ran to the kitchen.

Ignoring the headache in his head he spun around to look at the empty couch. A sizzle filled the silence and a figure filled his still slightly blurry view.

"Good morning LuLu. Did you sleep well? Also, sorry for bringing you here, I didn't know where to go. Another apology for the bad breakfast too, its sort of all I have for now." Sehun showed a crooked smile looking down.

Luhan lifted the youngers face and smiled brightly. "Its perfect."

 

A/N: hi, i'm still hunhan trash :").... yEAH