Whenever It Rains (feat. INFINITE and KARA part 1)

Out of The Ordinary (A One Shot Collection)

Raindrops that spattered at her windows reminded her of old memories. She traced the movement of the raindrops with her index finger. A deep sigh just went out from her when she thought of the past.

 

 

‘I hate rainy days.’ She complained while staring at the rain outside from her windows.

‘But I love the rain. It makes us feel closer to our beloved.’ She heard a voice behind her. Then, a pair of muscular arms went wrapping around her petite body.

‘Well, I hate it.’ She continued to complain as he rested his chin on her shoulders.

‘Whatever you say, Nicole Jung.’

 

 

She missed his warm arms that went around her whenever she felt cold. Without her realizing, tears went rolling down her cheeks.

 

 

‘Oh my, it’s starting to rain.’ She mumbled to herself as raindrops went hitting her cheeks. She ran towards any shelter that she could find and luckily, an empty building was right in front of her. She didn’t have any choice but to take shelter at that place.

A moment had passed but the rain was still heavy and it showed no sign of stopping. Splash of water could be heard and suddenly a guy went running towards the building that Nicole went.

‘Aigoo. My hair.’ He mumbled to himself as he brushed his wet hair with his fingers. But then, his sight went to a girl standing right next to her.

‘Sorry sir, but you’re splashing water from your hair.’ She said annoyingly while glaring at him.

‘Ahh… Sorry for that. Wooh.. The rain’s so heavy, right?’ He yelled out an awkward laugh but she didn’t smile for a bit.

 

 

She still remembered that time, when she first met him. And it was raining too at that time but since that day, she felt warm. Warm from his love and affection.

 

‘Myungsoo Oppa. Why’re you like this? I’ve waited you for hours. You’ve promised me that we would go together to the park a few hours ago and you just showed up now? Aish, chincha!’ She said in a sulking tone.

‘Mianhae, Nicole-yah. I won’t do it again. I just forgot.’ He smiled sheepishly while cupping her face.

 

He said he forgot and how stupid she felt she was for believing in him. She shouldn’t believe his words at first because that’s the reason she cried. She was heartbroken and frustrated.

 

 

Lightning just stuck the earth, causing Nicole to jump in shock. Usually, she would run into his embrace but he was no longer with her, so she just sat on the floor and hugged her knees. Alone.

 

‘Where’s he? Kim Myungsoo? Please, don’t say that…’ Tears went streaming down her cheeks endlessly.

‘We’re so sorry, but we couldn’t save him.’ The doctor said sadly and left her alone. Nicole went down on her knees. The world seemed so dark, she felt like suffocating.

 

It’s true. He’s dead. No longer breathing on this earth. That’s the fact that she had to accept.

 

All this time, he lied about forgetting about her, about their dates when actually he was at the hospital. But why didn’t he say the truth to her? Leaving her clueless like she’s not important to him?

 

She cried silently when another flash of lightning went flashing through her windows. The rain outside got heavier. Her hands slowly went under her bed, searching for something.

Nicole took out a box and opened it. She then took out a picture frame. A picture of her and him together during days that he still lived. She opened the frame, wanting to take the picture out but to her surprise, a letter went falling down from behind the frame.

 

 

Why didn’t I tell you about my illness? Am I a selfish guy? Mianhae, my darling Nicole. I’m really sorry. I just couldn’t bear to see you crying in front of me. If you wanted to cry, just cry after I’m no longer standing in front of you. It’s raining outside right now, when I wrote this. It reminded me on the day we first met. You and I. We were soaked wet. I will cherish that moment even after I died. Saranghae, Nicole.

 

Nicole crumpled the paper in her hands.

 

‘Kim Myungsoo! Pabo-yah!’ She cried. Just right then, the sound of the lighting went screaming down again.

 

***

 

 

‘It’s going to rain soon, Myungsoo Oppa. The skies are getting darker. I missed you so much even though it’s been a long time since you’ve gone. But my feelings for you are still warm, inside me. You have a special place in my heart. I will always love you.’

 

She folded the paper and put it inside a bottle. Then, she flung the bottle to the lake in front of her. She always did that every time she felt like talking to him. A sincere smile slowly crept to her face. She could finally let him go but not completely.

 

 

‘Nicole-yah! It’s going to rain soon. Let’s go!’ Suddenly, she heard someone calling her name. She turned to voice. It’s him. Her fiancée, Nam Woohyun. She slowly walked towards him as raindrops started to fall on her cheeks again.

 

‘Whenever it rains, I’ll always think of you. Saranghae.’

 


There you go! KARAFINITE. Happy? ^^ But it’s angst *evil laugh* Two in one? Lol Well, mostly MyungCole but I wanted to add WooNi too. I don’t know why every time I wanted to do a Nicole story, I just thought about rain. Wetness. I don’t know. LOL

 

Goes to all hungry KARAFINITE shippers out there. Lol ^^ Thanks for reading *gives hearts* forgive my grammar mistakes and typos. <3 *ppyong*