How Cute

Goodmorning

 Minkyung was confused, very much confused.

 

 Apparently she just got dumped by someone whom she had been seeing for merely 3 days. Through text, nonetheless. She literally just woke up, proven from the messy bed hair and her eyelids that were threatening to close 3 minutes ago.

 

 She's quite wide awake now though, you technically wouldn't feel that sleepy after being dumped over texts.

 

 Looking up at the ceiling, she asks herself what did she do wrong. Was it because she didn't buy the girl her favorite milk when they're at the supermarket last week? Or was it because she forgot about their date as she slept through the entire weekend? Or was it because she forgot to return the insoles the girl left here the other day? Beats her.

 

 She heaves a sigh, shrugging her shoulders as if it's nothing, as if this happens on a regular basis. Blowing her bangs out of her eyes, she makes her way to the bathroom, still remembers about her duty as a 18 year old, and that is called school.

 

 I like dududududu, you like dudududu, we like dudududu

 

 Minkyung swore she was going to kill Sungyeon for that annoying song. Believe her when she says she has no grudge for the song itself, it's just that dudududu all day long will get on your nerves eventually. That girl knows damn well she knows no about technology, specifically, not knowing how to change her own ringtone so she pulled this as a revenge on her.

 

 How was she supposed to be know Sungyeon wanted to go on a private date with Yewon at the state fair. If she had, she wouldn't have suggested they take Kyla with them. She just figured the youngest one would like a closer look at how Korean markets work. Blame her for being the kind unnie she is.

 

 'Kyungwon? Why are you up this early?'

 

 She mumbles, mouth still full of foam as she stares weirdly at her phone screen. Indeed, the caller on display was 'Kyungwonie' with a heart emoticon right beside it, a picture of Minkyung hugging Kyungwon by the neck as an attachment.

 

 She was about to press accept but then hears a series of fierce knocking on the door. She ponders a bit between the two, and figures Kyungwon can wait for a while.

 

 It was her fault, Minkyung wants revenge on Kyungwon for crushing her with her weight during gym class the other day and succeeded in embarrassing her in front of everyone. The latter just laughed it off like it was nothing, in which it was. But Minkyung is particularly sulky this morning, which is probably because of the unannounced breakup text.

 

 'Who's there?'

 

 6 in the morning wasn't an appropriate time for anyone to start knocking on her door. Usually the only one would come at ungodly hours would fall on the category of her parents and Kyungwon. Hence she gave them spare keys. And it would unlikely be her parents as they were traveling to Paris if her memory serves her right.

 

 That would leave only Kyungwon left, but the girl definitely has a spare key. Minkyung vividly remembers the day Kyungwon burst into her house when she was wearing nothing but underwears. She found it hard to stare at Kyungwon in the face for a whole week afterwards, same goes for the tanned girl.

 

 'Hello-'

 

 'MINKYUNGIE!'

 

 Oh, so it was Kang Kyungwon after all. If it wasn’t for her reflex gained from those Taekwondo classes, both of them would have been on the floor thanks to Kyungwon's pounce on her.

 

 The puppy-like was rather excited today, Minkyung would have been curious to know why if only Kyungwon had come with breakfast. Kim Minkyung is now hungry and sulky.

 

 As if she just read her mind, Kyungwon immediately pulled out a bag of Paparoti bread from her bag, her smile still shining brightly as sweats run down her collarbone, not that Minkyung was staring no definitely not.

 

 'Don't pout on me, here. Your favorite Paparoti' she said all that while placing the bag as well as her school bag down on the coffee table, stepping closer to her as her hands reached for Minkyung's messy bed hair.

 

 'You are up quite early. I'm usually the one who brings you cheese sticks for breakfast'

 

 'Ayy ~ the old Kang Kyungwon can't come to the phone right now-'

 

 'And you've been listening to way too much Taylor Swift again I see'

 

 'Why?? It's a good song okay?!'

 

 Minkyung finds no time to retort as Kyungwon snatches the toothbrush from her hand and starts to brush her teeth for her. This would make quite a sight for the school's newspaper, Minkyung bets her collection of figurines that Kyungwon is thinking so.

 

 'Now that we're done with the routine of 'bothering Minkyung to death at like 6 in the morning', why exactly are you up so early anyway?'

 

 They are now in Minkyung's bedroom, Kyungwon turning her back away as Minkyung changes into her uniform. It happened quite often before but it was usually Minkyung turning to play with Kongie as Kyungwon changes, so this is quite new and it gives Minkyung a weird sense of feelings inside her stomach.

 

 'So! Guess what I just got from Eunwoo & Jieqiong today!'

 

 She can tell her bestfriend of 10 years is particularly hyped and excited, those combined with Jieqiong and Eunwoo in a sentence? She just hopes it's not anything that will get them another detention. Nayoung would kill her.

 

 'I can't guess if I have no hint'

 

 'Well then, it's related to music!'

 

 All her friends love music, so maybe they came up with something like a music recommendation segment for the school's radio? Kyla would love that, reading the principal's notices all the time can get quite boring.

 

 'You guys finally got that music segment you wanted at the school radio?'

 

 'What, no! This is bigger than that!'

 

 With all that's left is to put on her tie, Minkyung turns around and finds herself staring at a sparkly eyes puppy Kang Kyungwon. Now that she notices, her bestfriend hasn't even worn her uniform properly. Her tie is loose, her collar is folded, there's one cuff on her shirt that is misbuttoned and not to mention her untied shoe laces.

 

 This must be something very important, Kyungwon takes her image very seriously. Well, only when it comes to clothes and outfits.

 

 'Hum ~ give me another hint'

 

 Minkyung finishes with her tie and now proceeds with Kyungwon's. The puppy-like doesn't even flinch, as if this happened way often before. Her brown eyes keep on sparkling as she sits still for Minkyung to fix her outfit.

 

 'So, Eunwoo & Jieqiong know a friend whose uncle works at a record store whose niece works at the hair salon whose-'

 

 'Just cut to the chase, you're going to list an entire family tree'

 

 The cat-like chuckles to herself as Kyungwon clears for a bit, obviously too excited that has gone dry. She gives Kyungwon a pat on the cheek, something she always does to keep Kyungwon calm and composed.

 

 With a sigh, she continues.

 

 'What I mean is, I got us tickets to Ariana!'

 

 Minkyung pauses, eyes moving up from Kyungwon's shirt button to Kyungwon's chocolate brown eyes. No twitch, no tears of laughter, technically no sign of lying.

 

 'You can't be serious. The cheapest seat costs like 300$. That's like a month of your allowance. Tell me you didn't just spend all that on those tickets'

 

 'I know, but listen to me. You've been wanting to go see her since forever, gosh I've been hearing you mumble to yourself about that for an entire year ever since Eunwoo went to her concert last December'

 

 'Still, that is not-'

 

 'Oh come on Minkyungieeeee'

 

 The fox-like heaves a sigh, hands tied down as Kyungwon wraps her strong arms around Minkyung's waist, her head rubbing her collarbone and Minkyung can smell a tiny bit of violet fragrance from Kyungwon's hair. It's from the shampoo she gave Kyungwon for her 17th birthday, she smiled a bit at that.

 

 'My job at Bubu will keep me alive and full, so don't worryyyy'

 

 'But still, you can't just-'

 

 'I can't just sit here and let you swallow in jealousy!'

 

 Kyungwon now retracts her head, staring straight into Minkyung's dark black eyes. Minkyung can see her pupils shaking as well as that gigantic pout on her lips. Sometimes she wonders if Kyungwon was a puppy in disguise, because there's no scientific explanation as to how a human can be this cute.

 

 'Look, I know you've been wanting to see her, now that she's in Korea, I can't just miss this opportunity. The acquaintance I got to know through Eunwoo & Jieqiong was kind enough to help me get a cheaper price for the both of us so you can't miss out on this okayyy'

 

 Minkyung feels a headache coming up as she contemplates between beating Kyungwon senseless and kissing Kyungwon senseless.

 

 'Okay okay, I'll go with you'

 

 'YESSSSSSS'

 

 Okay ouch, that one is going to hurt for a while, Minkyung grimaces when the pterodactyl scream of Kyungwon reaches her eardrum. But she soon finds herself laughing wholeheartedly as Kyungwon stands up from her chair and starts doing that weird 'Wooing dance' Eunwoo always does.

 

 'You are learning only the worst things from Jung Eunwoo, seriously'

 

 'They make you smile don't they, so they're not that bad'

 

 Minkyung smiles sweetly at her, albeit feeling a strange sense of heat on the tip of her ears. Kyungwon returns with a signature cheeky smile of her own before grabbing both of their bags. She didn't know Kyungwon had gone to grab hers.

 

 'It's still school day missy. Ariana unnie won't be here till it's Friday, so you're going to have to study hard to earn these tickets'

 

 'I should say the same thing about you. Did you finish the literature presentation Ms. Kim assigned us of doing yet?'

 

 'Of course I…okay I did not but I figured since you're already finished, I can just take a bit of your ideas. You know, to save time'

 

 Minkyung finds it miraculous that she has not slapped Kyungwon even once throughout this entire morning. But before she could, she notices Kyungwon putting both bags on the left side of her shoulder.

 

 'Why not carry on both your shoulders, they're heavy. Or better, let me carry mine' 

 

 The puppy-like gives an adorable head shake, a teasing smirk finding its way on her orange-red lips. Minkyung lifts one of her eyebrows out of confusion but comes to shrugging her shoulders as she gives up.

 

 Using her brain too many times in the morning can lead up to excessive mood swings, she doesn’t want that on Kyungwon.

 

 The pair of bestfriends let themselves out of Minkyung's apartment. And it was only until after Minkyung locks the door that she knows why Kyungwon insisted on carrying both bags on one shoulder.

 

 'Because this way, my right hand can hold your left'

 

 Sometimes she is grateful of her long black hair. This is one of those times for there is nothing else she can make use of to hide her tomato blushing face. She can hear the sound of Kyungwon's cackles from beside her, but they're not quite annoying as they usually are.

 

 From behind the black curtains, Minkyung finds herself staring the laughing face of her bestfriend. She never knew how beautiful was her laughter, that is if sounds can be described as beautiful.

 

 The tales of her breakup is thrown away somewhere between her brain cells, all that she knows right now is she has Kyungwon besides her.

 

 That is until-

 

 'And oh, do you want to ask Yebin if she wants to tag along too?'

 

 'Um…she actually just dumped me. Right before you came'

 

 And a moment of silence later.

 

 'LET GO OF ME I AM SO GOING TO CHOP THAT DWARF IN PIECES SO SMALL EVEN ANTS CAN'T FIND THEM'

 

 Minkyung should've expected this to happen, this was Kang Kyungwon after all. How cute.