Perfect

My One Shots

Taeyeon purses her lips at the sound of a girl arguing on her phone and groans. Who the hell would come to her secluded spot? Can't the girl appreciate the serene atmosphere? Why did she need to ruin it? Sighing, she sits up from her sleeping position, puts on her spectacles and goes to look for the other girl. Once she has found the girl, she makes sure that the other girl can see her before she puts her index finger on her lips, telling her to shut up. When she knows that the latter has understood what she was implying, she goes back to her spot and continues her napping time.

Jessica looks at the disappearing figure with a disgust look and an agaped mouth; who the hell dares to ask her to shut up? She knows she is one of the most popular girls in her school and just now some random student dared to tell her such thing? She feels insulted. Ending the call with her boyfriend, she walks to where the girl is - she's going to show her who's the boss.

"Yah, wake up," Jessica mutters as she folds her arms on her chest. Feeling ignored, she gives the bag that the girl is laying her head on with a few not-so-gentle kicks; this effectively earns some groans from the latter. "Awake now?"

"What?" Taeyeon's voice comes out husky. Her hand reaches for her spectacles to put it on and she sighs once she knows who the person is, "Done with your arguments on the phone?" 

"Yah, you, don't you know who I am? Are you new in this school or something? I've never seen you before," Jessica ignores the question and she quirks a single eyebrow, still with her arms crossed on her chest.

"Am I supposed to know you?" Taeyeon sighs before she stands up, leveling her gaze with the latter. Her sight drops to her chest which makes Jessica automatically covers them, feeling suddenly conscious about the girl. "No need to cover, too flat for me," she shakes her head and smirks. "Bye Jung," she grabs her bag and walks away, leaving the latter alone. Jessica bites her lips when she realises that the other girl was simply looking at her name tag.

"She said I am flat? God, that annoying girl; nobody has ever insulted my size!" Jessica scoffs before pouting.

+++

Taeyeon lets out a long exhale when she hears someone is crying. Last week a girl was arguing on her phone, today a girl is crying; she wonders why is her favourite secluded spot become someone else's spot as well? Taking her bag with her, she walks past the girl - she still has some conscience to not tell the crying girl to go. Once she is in front of the girl, the crying girl grabs her sleeves.

"Y-yah, get me some tissue,"

"Wha- oh, it's you," Taeyeon sighs at the crying girl. She notices how the girl's shoulders is shaking due to her sobbing and how  some spots of the cement floor is wet by her tears.

"Tissue," Jessica mutters for the second time, expecting the other girl to just go and get what she wants but when the girl walks away without saying anything, her heart aches more. Can't the girl be a little bit nice to her? She just broke up with her boyfriend and now some random girl is ignoring her as well; she feels lonely. She leans back on the wall before her body falls slowly to the ground; who would've thought that her boyfriend is cheating with her own best friend? Who the hell will she talk to now? Being popular is not as nice as everyone thinks; she can't let herself be seen in this pathetic situation or else gossip would spread fast about her and she doesn't like it when people talk bad thinks behind her back. Moreover, being popular means there are a lot of fake friends who use you for their own advantage so she basically has nobody to trust.

"Here," a girl's voice is heard with a new roll of toilet paper in front of her eyes. As she looks up, she sees how the other girl doesn't look at her like she is some sad creature - she looks cold as always although her action proves the opposite. She mutters a soft 'thank you' as she takes the toilet paper and just when she thought that the other girl would walk away, she is shocked by the sound of bag tossed to the ground and a loud sigh.

"You look so ugly when you cry, Jung," Taeyeon mumbles as she sits down next to the crying girl, eyes looking straight at the bush seperating their school with the other building. Jessica automatically slaps her arm and earns a soft groan from the latter. "At least wipe your tears, I didn't go to the janitor to ask for a new roll only to be put on your lap,"

"Fine," Jessica replies and she tears the tissue paper to dap her tears. "Why toilet paper though?"

"Fastest," Taeyeon mutters shortly before she turns her head to look at the crying girl. She sees how the latter plays with the tissue on her lap before she looks up to observe her face. When she notices how her face is still tear-stained, she grabs her water bottle. Taking a few stripes of tissue paper, she wets the tissue and starts to wipe the latter's face gently. "Can't you do it properly?" she sighs again as her other hand gently grabs her chin to make the other girl look at her. What Jessica sees is only warmth reflected in the latter's eyes and she realises that even her boyfriend has never looked at her with such warmth. She bites her lips as she can tell that heat is rising to her cheeks. "Whatever your problem is, it'll pass away - time would heal anything," she mumbles, eyes lock with the girl who was crying before she lets out a long exhale. "I don't know what your problem is but if you ever need a friend, you know where to find me," she gives her a small smile. "I'm Taeyeon, class 302,"

"Jessica, 306,"

+++

Gossips of Jessica befriending someone who is outside her cheerleading squad and well-known as a loner, of course spread fast but she doesn't care - Taeyeon is her rock, she feels safe with the girl. They would eat lunch together and after that, they would go to their spot. She would never thought that this girl who likes to sleep during her break is actually one of the top students in cohort. Taeyeon would teach her about lessons that she doesn't understand and in turn, she would treat her lunch. Their friendship has come to the point that they would have sleepover at each other's house during weekends and Jessica cannot be much happier than this; she feels complete with Taeyeon by her side. Well, for now it is friendship but Jessica does not mind if it escalates into something more than friendship.

"You can wear this," Taeyeon gives her a black oversized shirt and a white shorts before she jumps to her bed. "Change fast or else we're watching another movie," she mutters before tucking herself in under the bed cover.

"Fine, you grumpy ," Jessica scowls, grabbing the clothes harshly and enters the bathroom. Taeyeon sighs and drinks her water - she feels exhausted today and yet, she has promised the girl to watch her drama together. She's not a fan of drama and sappy scenes so she doesn't like it but just so that the cheerleader would not be upset, she'd do it. "Y-yah, tissue, I'm sad," she mumbles only to be ignored. When she her head to her right, she notices how the other girl is already sleeping with her head leaning on her pillow. She takes notes on how peaceful her face looks like and she smiles; she feels blessed to have such friend. She shuts down Taeyeon's laptop and puts it on her study table before she gently shakes the latter's body to wake her up.

"Hmm?" Taeyeon opens one eye to look at her. "O-oh, sorry, I fell asleep," she suddenly opens both of her eyes wide to chase away her sleepiness and pushes her spectacles up her nose; Jessica giggles at the sight of her droopy eyes.

"Let's go to sleep, I'm tired too,"

"Oh?" Taeyeon mumbles as she lets her body slides down further inside the covers and puts her spectacles on her nightstand. "Then sleep," she continues, eyes are already closing but she still has some strength to tap on the spot next to her. "Goodnight, sweet dreams,"

"You too," Jessica mutters softly and she tucks herself in as well. A few minutes later after she's somewhere between sober and asleep, she suddenly feel how Taeyeon fixes the cover before sighing, why did she sigh? She knows that Taeyeon is looking at her right now because she suddenly feel watched; she has to maintained this sleeping act or things will get awkward, or at least that is what she has thought. She hears a rustling sound of the bed cover and she wonders what the other girl is doing. Little does she know, Taeyeon's palm is a few centimetres away from caressing her cheek. Clenching her jaw, Taeyeon retracts her hand before she decides to go to sleep.

+++

Jessica covers as she laughs at one of her friend's joke; he is hillarious. She is now coping well with her single status and some people even tell her that she's glowing. The reason is simple, because Taeyeon has made her life so perfect. Her mind travels to a question: she wonders where the girl is because she did come to their spot but she couldn't find her.

First she thought it was because of a coincidence, but after 4 days in a row of not seeing the other girl and all the ignored texts and calls, she knows that something is wrong. She goes to her house only to be told by her maid that the girl just went outside so she waits patiently on the living room. Minutes turn to hours and she's now a bit annoyed because she needs to wait this long. However, once Taeyeon opens the door of her house, Jessica's annoyance disappear in an instant; she runs to hug the girl.

"Umph," Taeyeon groans but her hand automatically rests on the other girl's waist. "What's wrong?"

"You," Jessica mumbles as she nuzzles on the crook of the shorter girl's neck. "Why are you ignoring me?" She asks and just like that, the latter seems to suddenly realise something. 

"Get out," Taeyeon mutters softly, arms stop wrapping around the cheerleader's waist.

"W-what? Why?" the taller girl knits her eyebrows in confusion. "D-did I do something wrong?"

"N-No but-" Taeyeon sighs. "You should leave," she looks away. "I don't want you here anymore,"

"God, you're just like eveyone else," Jessica scoffs but her eyes are getting teary. "Once you're tired of me, you're getting rid of me, huh?" She continues. "I thought you're different," she mutters as she bumps her shoulder against the shorter girl and goes to grab her bag that was left on the couch. "Congratulations, Taeyeon, you've succeeded in hurting me," she sadly smiles. "I feel so stupid for trusting you," she mumbles the last words but the other girl can hear her clearly and her heart aches as well. However, this is for the benefit of the cheerleader right? So she uses all her strength to stop herself from chasing the other girl.

+++

A week has passed and for those people who do not believe that a heartbreak can make you lose weight, you should be; Jessica Jung is thinner than ever. She knows she is losing her glow, the dark circles under her eyes are getting more evident, her cheekbones are getting more protruding and her jaw line become much sharper. She knows who is to blame but she acts like she doesn't care about a certain existence of the loner. They did pass each other at school but she pretends not to know the girl although all her insides scream to hug the other girl; she knew that Taeyeon was looking at her but she refused to share the eye contact. Of course, it hurt her terribly but she did not want to break down in front of the girl that made her life so perfect.

Jessica rushes down the stairs of her house when she misses a step and falls down. She screams at the pain on her left arm - she knows it is fractured. Coming to school with a bandage on her arm makes her life much difficult although she is thankful that it is not her dominant hand that broke. She is thankful as well that she finally has a valid reason to excuse herself from cheerleading practices - it has recently become too exhausted for her and she blames it on her lost of weight. Feeling too lazy to meet all her cheerleading mates on the canteen, she chooses to go to Taeyeon's favorite spot. The girl has not come for some time so she thought that the place would be empty. However, a certain figure who sleeps with her head on her bag proves the opposite. Sighing, she is about to go when the said girl call her name.

"Jessica?" Taeyeon opens one eye to look at the cheerleader. Once she knows that it is the girl she has been missing, she stands up to level their gaze. "What happened to your arm?" She gazes down to the bandaged arm.

"Fell down the stairs," the latter replies curtly. "I'm go-"

"H-How are you?" the shorter girl mutters softly, eyes look straight to the taller ones.

"I'm fine," Jessica mumbles and an awkward silence surrounds them.

"Do you want this place? I can leave you alone-"

"That's all you can do, is it?" the cheerleader hisses. "All you can do is leaving," she clenches her jaw and looks away.

"I-I-"

"Tell me the reason why you distanced yourself from me, Taeyeon, and I'll leave you alone, I promise," Jessica locks her teary gaze at the shorter girl. "I'll try my best to avoid you after-"

"I like you," Taeyeon cuts her. "More than friends," she pauses to see a surprised look on Jessica's face. "I can't be close to you without my heart beating fast or without my knees feeling weak," she bitterly chuckles. "But that's not the reason though," she looks away and sighs, letting the uncomfortable silence takes over again. "I don't like how all your friends start to talk bad things about you once you hang out too much with me," she pauses again to fix her gaze with the cheerleader. "I'm the loner and you're the star of this school, Jessica. Why are you even friends with me? We belong in two different worlds. Do me a favour, stop dragging yourself to be with me if you want to maintain your popular status, I'll destroy-" she stops once Jessica's palm slaps her cheek just in time with how Jessica's tears stream down her face.

"Yah, I don't care about my status when I'm with you. Why did you think so lowly of me?" the cheerleader hisses but when she notices how the latter's cheek become red due to her slap, her hand moves to caress the loner's cheek. "I'm sorry for this," Jessica mumbles and they stare into each other's eyes for a while. Taeyeon is the first one to smile and she puts her palm on top of the latter's.

"You're forgiven," the shorter girl chuckles.

"Do me a favour, Taeyeon, please continue on liking me more than friends, because I feel the same way,"

"Yo-you do?"

"Yes, god, you don't know how perfect my life was when we were together," Jessica sighs and caresses Taeyeon's cheek with her thumb. "Don't leave me again, please, promise me,"

"I promise," Taeyeon mutter softly, eyes locked with the taller girl's.

"Good, now, get me tissue. I'm crying,"


A/N special thanks to nineothree, Justanordinarysone, jsyj0418, wqwqwq12, jung_soona for the votes and y'all subscribers and those who comment!

There you go, fluff!! With a little bit of crack-fic I guess? I just realise how much you guys don't like angst... I'm a fan of angst tho but I'll try to do more fluff! Hahahah Do tell me what you guys think :)