Bruises and Scratches 1/1

Bruises and Scratches

Yoongi isn't a bad kid. But the plasters on his face and bruises on his skin might say otherwise.

To be honest, he doesn't know where he gets them. He admits he isn't as careful as he should but he doesn’t remember doing something to get bruises on his shin or black spots on his arms like he bumped into some pole or something.

Having them at first wasn't much of a problem, they don't physically hurt. But the places where they started showing up was a little bothersome. They showed up on his legs, his arms and quite recently, on his face; mostly on the parts where his clothes can't hide them. The amount of people pointing them out is more bothersome. Some people actually started making up stories about where he got them. Some say he got into a fight with a bunch of kids from the other school. Some even said Yoongi joined a ing gang! How ridiculous is that!? Don't they know that Min Yoongi prefers staying at home after class, lying on his soft Kumamon bedsheet and listening to the new album his fave band released? Well, of course no one knows. Yoongi isn't really one with people. The most number of people he knows is a maximum of three: Namjoon, Hoseok and Seokjin. And none of them know he has a Kumamon bedsheet.

This time, a new cut appears on his knee. It's a long stride of red from above his kneecap down to his lower leg. What the ? He doesn’t remember sleeping on something sharp or edgy. Where did this come from!? He continues to stare at it in disbelief for another minute before he it up and puts on his kneepads instead.

"What happened this time?" Of course Seokjin wouldn't pass on the opportunity to roast him. "Did you slid off of something?"

Yoongi swears the elder's eyes are sharper than a sniper's. "Yeah, sort of."

Namjoon and Hoseok snort at him and shake their heads. Seokjin just stares at him in what looks like curiosity.

"Alright, let's get this over with!" He pipes up quickly, dribbling the ball in his hands and immediately the other three are alert and into the game. Yoongi's thankful his friends' attention span depends on the basketball.


"How the do you move like that," Hoseok mutters as he glares at Yoongi, breathless from the exhaustion of the game.

Yoongi just shrugs and chuckles. Seokjin pats him on the back while Namjoon just gives up and lies next to Hoseok on the sweaty court.

"You know," Namjoon starts. "For a guy who's clumsy enough to get so many bruises, you move too fast and too good while in a game."

'That's because I was never clumsy,' Yoongi thought. 'I just don't know where I get these damn scratches.'

Yoongi hasn't really said anything about them to his friends. It's just hard to explain to a bunch of morons that he gets bruises out of nowhere so he just makes up excuses. It's easier this way, he thinks. He won't be bombarded with questions he doesn't know the answer to.

 

 

With scratches and bruises that have unknown sources, Yoongi labeled himself as the odd one out of his small group of friends. But with Namjoon and Seokjin acting a bit off, maybe Hoseok is the odd one out with him being the only one who's actually normal.

"It's the middle of summer," Yoongi deadpans at Namjoon.

"It's scorching hot right now," Hoseok throws his arms out. "How can you wear long sleeved sweater!?"

"What does my choice of clothing have anything to do with the game?" Namjoon says smoothly, shrugs like the two in front of him doesn't make sense. "C'mon, let's play!"

"Seokjin isn't here yet," Yoongi sighs, completely giving up on his friend's decision to die by heat . 

Suddenly, Hoseok's phone goes off and he reads the message with a sour face. "I guess it's gonna be 1 on 1 on 1, then."

"What do you mean?"

"Hyung just cancelled out on us. Said he's got the flu,"

"Too bad," Namjoon says too quickly and Yoongi picks up on it. "C'mon let's get it on!"

Namjoon tries to steal the ball from Yoongi's hand but the elder shifts it too quick for the tall blonde to take. Namjoon tries to go for it again, ignoring the pointed look of the elder. But Yoongi isn't going to let this pass. He throws the ball so hard out of Namjoon's reach and it bounces off too high, higher than Namjoon's actual height.

"Hyung what's wrong with you!?" Namjoon glares down on him but it doesn't faze the elder.

"What's wrong with you? You and Seokjin?"

Hoseok stares from Yoongi to Namjoon, somehow ready to stand in between. But there's a look that Namjoon gives that has him taking Yoongi's side.

"We're not that dense, Joon. We noticed you and Seokjin have been trying to avoid each other for the past two weeks," Yoongi glares at him, Namjoon avoids looking at the elder. "It's either one of you is busy or sick or whatever bull you got as an excuse. When you do end up in the same place at the same time, you're both so desperate to get away from each other."

Namjoon stays quiet and there's something about his expression that won't sit well with Hoseok. He's seen that before, but not on his friend. And just like that, something switches on Hoseok's brain and he's grabbing Namjoon by the wrists.

The taller boy tries to slip away from him but Hoseok is determined until he pulls up Namjoon's sleeves and raises the tinted arm for Yoongi to see.

Kim Seokjin, written in fancy artistic font embedded in Namjoon's sun-kissed skin.

"You guys are soulmates!" Hoseok screeches and hugs the taller boy, leaving Yoongi stunned and confused at the side.

Soulmates? Yoongi has heard of the stories about them. How people find that one person they'll be spending the rest of their lives with. But times have changed, people have started to accept that being meant to be won't be necessarily making them happy. And so, the silly soulmate magics that happen to people started disappearing. There's barely anyone in their school who experienced it. But alas, here's their own class genius with the name of their class president tattooed on his arm.

 


It didn't take long for Seokjin and Namjoon to make up. Make up and be official. 

"I can't believe they were being a about not wanting to be together and now," Hoseok just sighs and massages his temple that had somehow started aching by just looking at the new couple. "They're disgusting, really. Please tell me you feel the same way--"

Hoseok turns to find Yoongi immersed on his phone, scrolling slowly and eyes focused on the device.

"Don't ignore me," Hoseok snatches his phone and glares as Yoongi weakly tries to get it back. "What are you losing your sleep for? Look at you, you look like death!"

Despite throwing a question, Hoseok doesn't really wait for a reply and just tries to find the answer on his own. He squints his eyes on Yoongi's phone.

"Why are you reading about soulmates?" Hoseok turns to him but the elder doesn't reply. "What's there to look up when the real thing just happened to our friends? You know, some articles aren't very reliable. How are you sure--"

"That's not what I was reading about," Hoseok gives him a questioning look. "I was looking up the other ways to find out your soulmate."

"What, you're gonna look for yours?" Hoseok chuckles. "Don't you pay attention in History class? You can't look for them, Yoongi. There's not even an assurance that you have one. The magic is fading, Namjoon and Seokjin are basically a miracle in this age--"

"I think I have one," he looks Hoseok dead in the eye, swallowing the lump in his throat because now the bruises and scratches from nowhere makes sense. Now he just needs Hoseok to understand.

 


"So you're saying that you're not the one who did all those to yourself?" Seokjin waves to Yoongi's general direction, it's difficult to pinpoint the bruises scattered all over his body.

"I may not be as clumsy as I claim," Yoongi scratches the back of his neck. His little lie of being a clumsy assed just to cover up the bruises is out the window.

"Well that's a relief," everyone looks at Seokjin. "At least now I'm sure you weren't doing some self-harm or some other . Also, no gang or fighting. That's good."

"Except it's not really that good," Namjoon sits down on the elder's Kumamon bedsheet. The situation is too tensed nobody has noticed it yet. "I mean, what kind of masochist is your soulmate!? Look at those marks!"

"But we're not sure if it really is from his soulmate," Hoseok turns to them on Yoongi's computer chair. "I've read dozens of stuff about other ways in finding soulmates and not once have I come across something involving bruises and scratches."

And they look at each other because Hoseok is somehow right. They've heard of soulmates meeting in dreams, getting tattoed, physically glowing or some other magical that can stun people in awe. But in Yoongi's case, if it really is a soulmate thing, it's going to stun people in worry.

 

Hobi: got a new one?

Joonie: where is it this time

Jinnie: please tell me it's not on your face please

Yoonie: nope nothing today

Jinnie: thank god

Joonie: when was the last time you got one anyway

Yoonie: last weeekend? bruised chin

Hobi: i think ur soulm8 is da one whos into gangs tbh

Yoonie: wtf hoseok

Joonie: hard not to agree

Jinnie: who cares as long as our yoongi likes them

Hobi: how is he supposed to like someone he hasnt met tho

Joonie: i never thought id like seokjin until the day i got his name tattooed on my arm tbh

Jinnie: same i mean who knew id fall for a dork

Joonie: i'll take that as a compliment babe

Jinnie: it's not a compliment love

Hobi: HAHAHAHAHA 

Yoongi was about to send an annoying laughing emoji when he notices the time on his phone. His annoying brother was supposed to be out of the dance studio 15minutes ago. Yoongi sighs and keeps his phone inside his pocket. He leaves his car and steps right into the dance studio, ready to pull his brother by the ear so they could go home already.

When he reaches the hallway, one of the doors open and he sees that coconut head with his orange friend.

"Yah Jungkook," he calls and the younger whips his head towards the elder. "Let's go home,"

"Did you bring your car, hyung?" 

"Yeah why?"

"Can we take Taehyung and Jimin home too?"

Jungkook latches on to his orange-haired friend and of course, Yoongi is a er for Jungkook's pleads. "Fine. Let's go,"

"We'll call Jimin for a second," the two run off to the next studio door, Yoongi lazily trailing behind. He checks his left wristwatch for the time, eyes focusing on the new blooming purple bruise close to his palm.

"What the?"

Suddenly he hears a bit of commotion inside the studio Jungkook and Taehyung entered. He comes in to find the two kneeling in front of a redhead boy on the floor.

"I told you not do stunts when no one's around," Taehyung mutters as he helps the boy get up.

"You're so stubborn," Jungkook mutters and Yoongi stares at the boy the two of them are scolding. The boy is smiling, trying to wave off the pain the other are insisting. He laughs and waves both his hands, showing a blooming purple mark on his left wrist.

It might be a coincidence. Yoongi tries to play it cool, ignores that little skip his heart made. Taehyung says something but it doesn't register to Yoongi's ears because redhead boy laughs and throws his head back and there's a small healing bruise on his chin (his heart jumps at that).

"--hyung will drive us home," the three of them looks at Yoongi and wow he's smiling at me and it feels nice to be on the receiving end of that smile.

"Hyung?" Redhead boy tilts his head, a little pout on his lips and wow he even sounds pretty and his heart is basically doing a backflip right now.

"Don't be rude hyung," Jungkook glares at him and oh, redhead boy is reaching out to him and wow he's totally screwed just at this point.

"S-sorry," Yoongi doesn’t see Jungkook's grimace or Taehyung's stare because redhead boy has a little smirk on his lips and playful look on his face and okay. Yoongi walks towards them with wobbly feet to reach and shake that cute hand outstretched for him but he's an idiot so he trips on his own two feet and lands face first on the studio floor.

A rush of footsteps follow but Yoongi doesn't look up because he's an idiot and a cute guy did this to him and his left cheek stings.

"Yoongi hyung! Are you okay?" 

"Y-yeah," he tries to play it cool and tries to sit up, face scrunching with the sting on his cheek. "I'm good,"

He looks forward and sees redhead boy staring at him and there's a bruise blooming on his left cheek and he's still pretty but Yoongi doesn’t like how it's ruining the boy's face and when did his hand landed on redhead boy's cheek?

Yoongi takes his hand away so fast, like he's been burned or something. The three boys are looking at him like he committed murder or something and none of them move. Taehyung dares to look back at his friends, first at Jungkook then at Redhead boy then he screeches.

"What's that on your face!?" He grabs redhead boy's cheeks in his hands and Yoongi stares at him and why is he holding him like that are they together oh mygahd what if they're boyfriends and redhead boy might be his soulmate but what if he doesn’t believe in soulmates?

Yoongi is too busy with his thoughts he doesn't notice Jungkook and Taehyung have been exchanging looks from him to redhed boy. He jumps when Jungkook attacks him and pinches at his arm so hard.

"OUCH! WHAT THE JUNGKOOK!" He grabs his right arm and they hear a slam and Taehyung is attacking redhead boy with a pinch in the cheek.

"KIM TAEHYUNG STOP WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"

"CHECKING IF FATE EXISTS,"

"WHAT!?"

Taehyung gets off of him and redhead boy's cheeks are all red. Taehyung and Jungkook whips their head towards Yoongi. Jungkook slaps his hand away from his bruised arm that the younger pinched earlier. Taehyung grabs redhead boy's arm and there's a bruise right on the same spot and Yoongi feels violated and overwhelmed wow what the is happening.

Jungkook and Taehyung share a smile in a second, Yoongi is getting pushed and so is redhead boy and Yoongi doesn’t know what's going on but suddenly redhead boy is right in front of him and they're both so red on the face Yoongi doesn't know if it's from the pinch Taehyung did to redhead boy's face but maybe it's more on being forced to be chest to chest the first time they've met.

They can hear Jungkook ans Taehyung cheering at the sides while they continue to be chest to chest and this is awkward but Yoongi likes the boy up this close to him for some unknown reason.

"So uhm, my name's Yoongi,"

"I'm Jimin, hello,"

Yoongi can't help but laugh and it doesn't seem wrong because Jimin is laughing too and it's addicting to hear.

"Do you," Yoongi swallows but stares at the boy in front of him. "Believe in soulmates?"

"Not really," Yoongi's smile fades in an instant and Jungkook and Taehyung somehow freeze at the back. "But I get persuaded pretty easily so,"

Yoongi's smile is back. "Well I'm good at persuading people so, it won’t be that hard."

 


And it really wasn't that hard.

Because unlike some people, Yoongi and Jimin weren't a about being together. Despite Jimin being a true non-believer in the soulmates thing, he's definitely a believer of Yoongi's persuasuon skills (which included simple movie dates, music and meme sharing, and small lingering kisses).

"They're disgusting," Hoseok mutters as they look from the distance at the new couple, kissing at the back of Yoongi's car in the school's parking lot.

"At least Jimin's not in a gang," Namjoon chuckles.

"And they can also start looking out for each other," Seokjin leans his head on Namjoon's shoulder. Hoseok fakes a gag. "So both of them can stop having damn bruises and scratches on their body,"

"Not unless they give each other marks of their own," Namjoon mutters and Hoseok looks scandalized and is about to faint.