Where We Went Wrong

MsKarin Writes | One Shot Shop! [OPEN]

Always - Produce 101 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alice walked into the art gallery and felt the nostalgia. Memories rushed through her mind as she took the first steps inside.

The first day she started working there, her first big fight with her boyfriend, and her first showcase. 

She smiled as she greeted other patrons that recognized her, and greeted each worker by first name.

 

It had been years since the last time alice was in the gallery. After moving away to protect her family and fight forces of evil, it was hard to decide to move back. It almost felt foreign to be back in the city. 

Alice stumbled into a sectioned off room that had all of her work and found a few people observing her art. She smiled and greeted them and stopped in front of a particular painting.

The painting was a black cat playing with black wing feathers next to a human figure with black wings with feathers falling off. Alice let out a small sigh and smiled.

 

*It's been so long since I've seen you.*

 

"Interesting piece, this one." A male voice came.

"I didn't even realize what I was painting until I finished. My hand did all the work." Alice chuckled, then turned to the voice. Standing in front of her was her first lover. She left tears welling up in her eyes.

"Welcome back, Alice." He softly greeted.

"S.Coups...."

"How have you been?"

"I've been well. What about you?"

"I have my days. You know, same old."

"How are the boys doing?"

"They're doing great. Jisoo's getting married soon."

"Relay a congrats for me."

"I missed you so much, Alice."

"I'm sorry I had to leave without saying anything-"

"It's okay, I understand why you left.... I just wish I got to say goodbye." Alice wanted to throw her arms around him just as much as he wanted to. But, she couldn't bring herself to.

 

"We should grab some coffee so we can catch up. The boys are going to be so excited to see you again. I changed up the room a little bit. I made sure we made a big enough bookshelf for your favourite books and art supplies. We made a big balcony so you could sit outside of the bedroom in the morning to get sunrise ideas."

"S.Coups-"

"It's going to be great, Alice." He softly smiled, taking her hand. "I can finally propose to you. And we can have the children you've wanted. We can finally start our family-"

 

"Jinhee-ah~" Another male voice called. Alice and S.Coups turned their heads to the voice. Alice pulled her hand back and crouched to her daughter that was running over.

"Jaein-ah, no running inside the gallery!" The man warned. 

"Hi mommy!" Jaein beamed.

"Hi baby." Alice kissed her forehead and turned back to S.Coups.

 

"Seungcheol, this is my daughter, Jaein, my son Jaebum and my husband... Daniel." Alice introduced.

"I didn't know you got married." S.Coups quietly said, his heart breaking.

"Nice to meet you." Daniel politely shook S.Coups' hand.

"You as well." S.Coups nodded.

"Jaein-ah, let's go to the interactive art." The teenager suggested.

"Yeah!" Alice set her daughter down, who took Jaebum's hand and led the way to another part of the gallery.

"I'll go watch them." Daniel told his wife.

"I'll join you in a minute." Alice replied. He nodded, and kissed her on the cheek before leaving.

 

"I don't know what to say." S.Coups exhaled, feeling betrayed.

"I'm sorry, Seungcheol."

"Don't be.... I'm just confused. And surprised. You got married and had kids in this time?"

"Time works differently where I was."

"We weren't meant to be, were we?" S.Coups admitted. Alice let out a sigh.

"The demon prince and the Good witch really aren't meant to be." 

"I hope you live well, Alice Ratcliff."

"You too, Choi Seungcheol." The two walked in opposite directions, leaving each other for the last time.

 

Alice walked on with her head high, feeling sad, but excited to show her family the gallery she gave years of work to, and continued to work at.

 

S.Coups glanced back at Alice with tears rolling down his face. He always knew there was no way they would work out. Fate continued to tell them that they weren't made for each other, but he loved her too much to give up. Then, he realized something. He never outright pronounced his love for her, while she would always make sure that he knew how much she loved him. 

 

*That's where we went wrong.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apologies in advance for not updating... I've been busy with school and I didn't think it'd get in the way >.< 

I hope I can sit down and just write away T^T 

I hope I get more requests too...

Thank you for being so patient SMTownR <3 I'll get to it as soon as I can! I hope you can understand T^T

11/06/17