PROLOGUE

Take You Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          The sun was beaming through the cracks of his curtains when he wakes. Byun Baekhyun sits up and stifled a yawn, smiling as he takes in the wonderful scent of freshly brewed coffee and bacon—his favorite, followed by the sounds of pots and pans clattering against one another coming from downstairs. For a second, he almost forgot that he now has a roommate, which sounds almost impossible because it was just the other day when he was living alone. Long story short: his best friend, Lara’s house got demolished, much to her dismay. And she didn’t have anyone else to turn to—that was, until Baekhyun offered her to come stay with him in the meantime while she searches for a new home. It was the least he could do, considering they have been friends almost their entire lives. He crawls to his alarm clock and realized that it was already 8:30 AM. Forcibly, he clambered into the first pair of jeans he saw lying on the floor along with a simple T-shirt, and made his way into the bathroom where he washed his face.

***

 

          “Woah, look at you.” Lara teased, setting down a fresh plate of scrambled eggs on the table once Baekhyun enters the kitchen. “What’s the special occasion?”

          Baekhyun reaches for an apple lying on the kitchen counter and slips quietly into a chair, taking a bite. “What do you mean?”

          “You know what I mean. You’re all dressed up like you’re about to go on a special date.”

          Baekhyun raised a brow as he studies himself. “It’s just a blazer over a simple T-shirt, Lara. And as a matter of fact, yes, we wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter