Prologue

Painting of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PROLOGUE

Friday nights were always the busiest nights. The cafe where Jae In was working at would always be full of people. She could barely see one empty table! Lucky that she was never alone. Jihyo, her co-worker and also a bestfriend, would always company her on Friday nights. The cafe was owned by Jihyo's uncle. And Jihyo was the one who offered the job to Jae In three months ago.

It was ten minutes to ten, but the wind chime that hung at the entrance of the cafe still wouldn't stop tinkling. Sometimes she wondered why those lovely costumers would drink coffee late night like right now. Was that because their tasty coffee?

Chimmed sound was heard again. Another two costumers walked approaching her, holding hands. Jae In put a polite smile on her face and greeted the couple, "Good evening. Can I help you?"

The female costumer scanned the menu board as asking this and that to her boyfriend before she was finally ready to order, "We'd like to have a cup of hot Americano and hot Espresso, please."

Jae In nodded her head to the costumers as she was managing to key in their orders, "Is there anything else?"

"Oh! And also a cheesecake, please." The girl added, smiling sweetly to Jae In.

Jae In chuckled then glanced at the bill in her hand, "That's uh, $20.10, please."

The male handed Jae In a 50-dollar bill. The employee counted the change before she held it out to the costumer, "Here's the change. We'll send the order to your table in 5 minutes." Jae In gave them a small bow.

The couple bowed back to her and smiled before walking to the table near the windows. Jae In quickly started on the order and called Jihyo to send them to their table afterwards.

The bell chimmed again as another costumers w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter