Final

Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo can't help but glance at Jongdae out of the corner of her eyes from where she sits. He's reading one of the books Jongin had recommended recently, curled up on the other corner of the couch and blanket draped over himself. 

A pout pulls at her lips as she adjusts her own blanket on herself, unable to stop herself as she turns to full out stare at Jongdae. He had invited her over to hang out at his apartment and it's not like Jisoo had been expecting anything to happen. Most of these hang outs went to watching shows together or just eating and talking. 

But now that Jisoo thinks about it, as long as they've been dating, Jongdae really hasn't kissed her. At least not anything past chaste, innocent kisses. She wonders if it's a problem with her. Could their brief kisses be enough that Jongdae thought she was a bad kisser?  Did she have bad breath? Was he losing interest in her? 

"You're doing a lot of deep thinking over there," Jongdae speaks up suddenly, not even glancing away from his book. Jisoo blinks, eyes fluttering for a couple of moments before she looks away as if she can pretend she wasn't just staring at her boyfriend. Pulling her phone out from under her blanket, she tries to bury herself into the couch as she pulls the blanket up higher. 

(Jongdae's apartment is cold on top of the winter storm outside. Jisoo doesn't get why he doesn't turn the heater up but whatever, she doesn't pay the bills around here.) 

"I'm just thinking," she answers as vaguely as she can. She knows it's supposed to be her cue for her to tell Jongdae what she's thinking about but he's either going to laugh, have a serious talk with her, or break up with her. Jisoo would really rather not deal with any of those reactions so she'll settle for letting Jongdae wonder what she's thinking about. 

He glances up at her, brow raised. "You're not going to tell me what's on your mind?"

"I'm wondering when Chen’s solo album is going to be released," she lies as she focuses on her phone, scrolling through her apps. Her eyes are really focused on Jongdae though and the odd look he sends her way. He huffs out a laugh before bookmarking his book and closing it, making his way over to her. 

"You're such a liar," he laughs, nudging his nose along her temple as he wraps his arms around her waist. "Talk to me baby." 

"Don't be disgusting," Jisoo breathes out, face flushing and heart racing. She doesn't think she'll ever get used to him holding her, touching her. God how was she even supposed to kiss him if she reacted like this? Perhaps it's a good thing that wasn't a problem then. Maybe him not kissing her was a blessing. Then she wouldn't have to worry about having a heart attack every time he did. 

That isn't the point though. The point is, Jongdae is really, really unfair. 

He laughs before pressing his lips gently to her cheek. "Come on," he whines, dragging his voice as he throws his legs around her. "I like hearing your voice. Tell me what's on your mind. Let Dr. Kim help you." 

"You're disgusting," she laughs, trying to shrug him off. It doesn't work at all. Not when Jongdae is wrapped around her like some sort of koala, determined to not let go until she talks. Maybe not even after that. 

They both pause when the doorbell rings though and Jisoo turns to Jongdae, head tilted. 

"You have guests?"

"Aw crap," Jongdae says as he retracts his arms and legs from her before he stands up. "I forgot Kyungsoo was coming over so we could study for ECON." He glances over at her apologetically but Jisoo smiles at him as she stands after him, shaking her head. 

"It's fine. I think Krystal wanted to get milk tea and talk tonight anyways. I'll see you," she says, beating him to the door with her stuff and slipping into her sneakers. She opens it up to see Kyungsoo there just as expected, Econ book in one hand and the other on the backpack slung over his shoulder. 

"Hey Kyungsoo," she greets, waving at him. "Have fun studying." 

She pushes past him then, not even letting Jongdae get a word out as he watches her go. His lips purse together as he sticks his head out the door to watch Jisoo dash towards the elevator. 

"I didn't even get to kiss her goodbye," he whines. 

"Maybe she thinks you're a bad kisser," Kyungsoo replies nonchalantly as he steps into Jongdae's apartment.

"Hey! That's not true!" 

-

"What if he thinks I'm a bad kisser," Jisoo asks, completely mortified as Chanyeol tunes his guitar. He glances up at her, face contorted. "Well are you?"

"I've never kissed anyone before him," Jisoo answers, face flushing at her confession. "I probably am." 

"I don't know," Sehun says as he looks up from his phone. "If my girlfriend didn't know how to kiss because it was her first time really kissing anyone, I'd go out of my way to teach her. It just means more of an opportunity to kiss her."

"Then do you think he wants to break up with me," Jisoo gasps, eyes immediately glossing over. "He probably doesn't kiss me because he's not attracted to me anymore. What if he's trying to-"

"That's definitely not it," Chanyeol cuts her off. "He was just telling us yesterday about how he thinks you're so cute and how he's so lucky to have you and how you really are the one." His voice raises in pitch as he says it, feigning a dreamy look with his hands clasped together. 

Jisoo’s face somehow gets impossibly redder and she's covering her face with her hands at the comment. Chanyeol was definitely over exaggerating but those words could have definitely come out of Jongdae's mouth. "Okay maybe not that." 

"Bad breath," Sehun offers. Jisoo freezes then, stopping to try and smell her breath. "You think so?"

"Just pop a mint," Chanyeol says with a wave of his hand. "Right now too, before you sing. If it's that bad-"

Jisoo’s popped two before Chanyeol can finish speaking. 

-

"You're really into mints lately," Jongdae says pointedly as Jisoo tosses one into . They've just finished lunch and Jongdae is planning on dropping her off at her apartment before he heads over to work. Of course Jisoo’s kind of anticipating a goodbye kiss and maybe he'll do it if she's popped a mint. 

"They're good," she answers, biting down on it. They're refreshing, sure, but lately, Jisoo just feels like she's constantly eating toothpaste. She's probabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter