I'm a fool for you

Because i think i can wait

The whole world know that i love you. So there's no way you don't, right?



 

 

“You eat like a *choding, unnie.” Xiyeon chided but she can’t hide her smile after seeing Eunwoo cutely try to wipe using the back of her hand but failed miserably. Because instead of cleaning the stain at the corner of her lips, she make the stain smeared even more up to her cheek. (*choding: an elementary school kid)

 

“Aigoo this big baby.” Xiyeon stretched out her hand and wipe the food stain using her own hand.

 

“Done. Clean and beautiful as ever.” Xiyeon smiled brightly, feeling proud at her did, while Eunwoo keeps on chewing and gulping down her foods like there’s no tomorrow.

 

“Unnie, slow down. I don’t want you to choke on your foods and die early.” Xiyeon said in disapproval before she her hand where the stain of Eunwoo’s food is.

 

And this time Eunwoo has to stop eating because she’s coughing so badly, choking on her food.

 

*cough cough cough*

 

“Yaaah, unnie. This is what you got for eating like that.” Xiyeon looks so worried for Eunwoo. She quickly move to sit beside Eunwoo and patting the older girl’s back. Once Eunwoo finally can stop her fit of cough, Xiyeon handed her a glass of water which the latter immediately accept. Eunwoo takes a big gulp of the water to cool down her burning throat.

 

But instead of saying thank you to Xiyeon,

 

“Yah! Park Xiyeon. Don’t do that!” Enwoo scolded, half screaming at the poor Ddiddi who can only blink her eyes in total confusion. What she did wrong? She thought.

 

“Do what?”

 

“Li- your hand like that. That’s d-dirty.”

 

“But that’s one of the fastest way to clean your food stain on my hand.”

 

“That makes it even gross!” Eunwoo shrieked, pulling out her hair in her comical way.

 

“Wae? Your heart is fluttering mess on the inside huh because we just did an indirect kiss, unnie?” Xiyeon mischievously grinned as she wiggled her eyebrows.

 

“Yaah! Oh my God this kid!” Xiyeon could see how Eunwoo’s face gets reddish even though the older girl hides her face behind her small hands. But Xiyeon doesn’t know whether the older girl is blushing because she’s shy, or because she almost lost her breath earlier for choking so hard on her foods.

 

“Ddiddi! Where are youuu?” A voice could be heard, echoing from somewhere in their dorm. Both girls recognized the voice tho.

 

“I’m in the kitchen, Nana unnie!” Xiyeon answered.

 

Soon Nayoung appeared with Kyulkyung beside her, linking her arm with their leader unnie, being clingy as always.

 

Xiyeon subtly eyeing Eunwoo from the corner of her eyes and found the older girl already busy munching on her foods again. Suddenly everything becomes so quiet. Too quiet.

 

Do you still like her, unnie? Do you still feel a pang of jealousy in your chest when you see her with her girlfriend? Why can’t you love me instead?” All of these thoughts make Xiyeon to let out a deep sigh which surely not go unnotice by the girl who sits beside her. She might look indifferent, but she actually cares, she always cares about the younger girl. It’s just that she doesn’t know how to voice out her concern rightly, to show her cares in a more obvious way, because Park Xiyeon always make her speechless somehow.

 

But again, Jung Eunwoo always care about Park Xiyeon.

 

And honestly speaking, Xiyeon could feel it too. She could feel the subtle concern and care that Eunwoo gave her from time to time. Even though it’s always her who gave more and take least between them two. And to know that Eunwoo cares, that’s enough to be the sole reason for her to keep on waiting and not giving up on the older girl. Because as long as Eunwoo still care about her, it means she still has a chance. There’s still a hope.

---

 

Like today, another day with pack schedule for PRISTIN. They have to attend a schedule in Jeju.

 

In the airport, Minkyung and Yebin are inseparable as always, walking together while holding hands, smiling and laughing at each other like a happy newly married couple in their honeymoon. While another official couple in PRISTIN, NaPink that also well-known as NaPain, walk separately, even rather far from each other. They get the 'NaPain' title not without reasons right? Nayoung is walking rather at the back with manager oppa, looking out for her little ones at the front, while Kyulkyung is walking with 99 maknaes. Because unlike MinkYebin who can never keep their hands off of each other, NaPink is way more subtle. Especially Nayoung. She's a type of person who don't like to show off, especially when it comes to her love life. She prefer to keep it private. She'll feel rather uncomfortable with too much PDA, but that doesn't mean she loves her lover any less. Because when there's just she and Kyulkyung behind the curtain, or when they are in the middle of their most trusted people only, like PRISTIN members and IOI kids, she will show her affection for Kyulkyung freely. And then Eunwoo is walking behind Kyulkyung and the 99 liners, while Kyla is talking with Xiyeon. 

 

The members have to stop on their track after hearing Nayoung's panic voice.

 

"Yah you alright?" Nayoung asked in worried as she quickly approached one of her dongsaengs.

 

Just like a cue, the other 7 heads turned their head toward Nayoung's eye line direction just to see Kyla supporting Xiyeon who looks rather in pain, by wrapping her arm around the older girl's shoulder.

 

"Ddiddi! You alright??" MinkYebin asked in unison.

 

"I'm fine, unnie. Just my left leg suddenly starts to throbbing again. It kinda stings but i'm fine. I'm alright!" Xiyeon tried to reassured her unnies by showing them a smile when she's actually hissing in pain under her breath. Which of course Kyla could hear.

 

"Unnie, i think you should take your heels off. I think your ankle is not fully healed yet." Kyla said and letting Xiyeon to lean on to her more.

 

"But i don't bring any spare shoes." Xiyeon answered.

 

"This is what you got for being stubborn. I told you to not wear heels when your ankle just start to healed." Eunwoo suddenly appeared from behind, startling both Kyla and Xiyeon. She looks unamused and unhappy.

 

"I'm sorry." Xiyeon suddenly feel so wronged and also scared of Eunwoo because she can tell that the older girl is seriously mad at her right now.

 

"Illa, you can go first. I will handle this pabo from here. Thank you for being a reliable maknae." Eunwoo said to Kyla with a way softer tone compare to when she spoke to Xiyeon earlier and give a soft pat on Kyla's head.

 

"Okay, unnie. Please take care of her." Kyla gently peeled off Xiyeon's hands that wrapping around her shoulder and arm and carefully place those hands on Eunwoo's shoulder and waist instead.

 

Xiyeon still can't lift her head to look at Eunwoo in the eyes but she follows the older girl's lead.

 

Soon she feels Eunwoo stops, so she also did the same.

 

"Sit." Eunwoo sternly ordered.

 

Xiyeon sees a long bench in front of her. She nodded and obeyed. Once she placed her on the bench, she slowly raise her head to look at Eunwoo. Just before she wants to apologize again, Eunwoo takes a step back from her. What Eunwoo did next is catching her off guard. Eunwoo kneels in front of her and takes off her heels for her. After she takes off Xiyeon's heels, she also takes off her own shoes.

 

"Luckily our shoe size is almost the same." Eunwoo mumbled.

 

Xiyeon feeling like crying when Eunwoo gently, so carefully, as if she's a fragile precious glass, putting her sneakers on Xiyeon's feet and in return, Eunwoo is wearing Xiyeon's heels.

 

"Come on. The others must be waiting." Eunwoo said as she opens up her palm, silently asking Xiyeon to takes it.

 

Xiyeon can't say anything because she's afraid her voice will crack if she tries to. So she just smiles, smiles so wide, until her cheeks hurt, it makes Eunwoo who supposedly still mad at her can't help but smiling back at her.

 

"You feel so thankful to me right now, right?" Xiyeon quickly nodded furiously. Eunwoo just chuckled at that cute sight.

 

"You must be. And don't hurt yourself again, you brat." Eunwoo lightly knocked Xiyeon's head, causing Xiyeon to pouted but not for too long because she has to bite her lip once she feels how Eunwoo's hand wrapped around her waist, guiding her, protecting her as they walk.

 

"Don't blush, don't blush!" Xiyeon inwardly keep chanting the words to herself like some kind of mantra. "And dear heart, don't beat too fast. I'm afraid she will hear it."

 

Little did Xiyeon knows, it's not only her heart that beating abnormally fast right now. Because the girl that she clings on to also has her heart beats in a rapid irregular speed at the moment.

 

"Seriously, Xiyeon-ah. Why you have to be so cute? You make it hard for me to be stern to you."

***

 

"Can i hold your hand?" Xiyeon one day asked out of the blue to Eunwoo in the middle of their v app.

 

Today it's just the two of them who decided to turn on their v live channel to greet the fans while the other members are doing the other things, mostly are sleeping in the waiting room since they are all so sleep deprived lately with their crazy hectic schedule.

 

"..." Eunwoo rolled her eyes and purposely ignored the question as she keeps on walking, fasten her pace, pretending that she heard nothing.

 

"Unnieeee~ Wait for me." Xiyeon cutely whined from behind.

 

"Tsk. Come here quick! You know, we acted like an old couple who has been married for more than 30 years. It's like i can't leave you because i can't live without you but it's too cringy and cheesy to have a skinship. So no holding hand for you."

 

Instead of feeling offended or hurt since Eunwoo is just rejecting her, Xiyeon secretly hides her smile. It's funny how even a simple thing could make her feel this happy.

 

Like how Eunwoo addressed them as a couple, even though Xiyeon can't be sure whether she really meant it or not.

***

 

Eunwoo is enjoying her free day today. Streaming some dramas, fangirl-ing over Jessica and Taeyeon and basically all of SNSD members. Just a normal peaceful day that she loves to enjoy. Until someone barged into her room with her super pale face.

 

"What's wrong with your face? Did you just see a ghost?" Eunwoo asked in concern.

 

"Answer me honestly. Do you like me, Jung Eunwoo?" 

 

"Of couse i like you, Jieqiong-ssi. You're my uhh what is it again..? Ah *hen hao pengyou." Eunwoo grinned.

(*My very good friend, in Chinese)

 

"It's not the time for a joke!" Kyulkyung tried to hit her friend with a pillow but Eunwoo is agile enough to dodge the attack.

 

"Eish fine fine. You're no fun today. What is it, Kyulkyung-ah? What's with the weird-rhetorical question?"

 

"So you really like me?"

 

"Uh.. Yeah..?"

 

"Be sure!"

 

"Eish! Like i said, of course i like you. You are my friend, sister, member. There's no way i don't like you. There's no reason for me to not like you."

 

"But do you like me more than a friend?"

 

"Duh. I just told you that i also see you as a sister! What's wrong with your brain today?"

 

"YAH! Do i really have to ask this.. Gosh.. I mean d-do you like me as in like like me and want me to be your girlfriend?"

 

"Ah that. Of c-- WHAT??? EWWW~" Eunwoo shuddered at the wild thought.

 

"YAH!"

 

"Joo Kyulkyung, are you alright? Did you knock your head on something hard today? C'mon, let's go see a doctor. You start to make me feel worried here." Eunwoo starts to get up from her bed and trying to find some decent clothes to wear out, for she's going to accompany her friend to a hospital.

 

"I'M FINE, EUNWOO-YAH!" Kyulkyung pulled Eunwoo back and make her sits back on her bed. "Look, i'm asking you that question because i overheard what Ddiddi told Yebin just now. She said you like me. Please explain yourself, Jung Eunwoo! Because all i know and heard from you is you love her, our one and only Park Xiyeon."

 

"..."

 

"Eunwoo?"

 

"That pabo.." Eunwoo bitterly chuckled as she looks at the empty air. "She still doesn't forget huh?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Yeah i once told her that i like one of our member. And when she mentioned your name as her first lucky guess, i nodded my head."

 

"Why you did that?"

 

"Because.. i want her to just believe in that lie."

 

"Why you're lying to her?"

 

"Because i can't tell that it's actually her that i fall deeply in love with?"

 

"Why you can't?"

 

"I.. just can't."

 

"YAH JUNG EUNWOO! You should tell her the truth. She deserves to know. She has been hurting for too long because of your lie. She always thought that you like me. Because you never show your true feeling for her and instead let her to dwell in misunderstanding all of this time. She even thought you didn't care for her. Like when she sprained her ankle. Everyone was so worried for her. We kept asking about her condition like all the time, once in every hour. We even took turn to accompany her, so she will never be alone, because we afraid she will hurt herself again. With her bad condition like that, she can't do much. But you, your ignorance toward her, even when she was hurting, hurt her so bad, Eunwoo-yah. When she needed you the most, you neglected her and treat her coldly."

 

"You know why?" Enwoo asked as she brings her knees closer and hug them. 

 

"Huh?"

 

"You know why i acted that cold? That's because i was so mad at her. I mad because she hurt herself. God knows how much i felt so freaking worry for her. But whenever i see her, i feel angry. My anger always win in the end and i ended up leaving her because i can't risk it. I was afraid i'm going to explode and snap at her. I really mad at her but i hate myself even more. I'm angry at myself for failed in taking a good care of her. I felt like a total loser. Even when i failed in several auditions before, i never felt so useless and disappointed at myself before. But when it comes to her.."

 

"Eunwoo-yah.. It's okay. You don't have to explain more. I get it. I'm sorry for wrongly accusing you."

 

"Nah, i prefer to always wrongly accused instead of let the truth to be known."

 

"Why? She loves you too, Eunwoo-yah. I know you know that."

 

"Maybe. But i can't taint her. She's too precious and need to be protected at all costs."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"She's too young, Kyukyung-ah. She's still an underage. She shouldn't let love life to trouble her. She just have to focus on her school and her career as an idol. She has a lot on her plate already. I don't want to add more burden for her."

 

"That's selfish."

 

"Huh?"

 

"That's so selfish of you, Jung Eunwoo. I know you meant good but whether she wants to get trouble with love or not, that's her choice. You should let her choose."

 

"She's TOO young. You don't understand. I'm afraid she will make a wrong decision that she will regret later. So i--" 

 

*BRAK*

 

The door suddenly flipped open and behind the door, there's Xiyeon standing with tears flowing hard from her eyes.

 

"I'M NOT A KID ANYMORE, UNNIE! SO STOP SEEING ME AS ONE!" She yelled before she closed the door with a loud bang and run.

 

"Xi--Xiyeon..? Xiyeon-ah!!" Eunwoo keeps calling out for the younger girl's name but instead of stopping on her track, Xiyeon run faster, and successfully leave their dorm, sending Eunwoo to a bigger panic attack.

 

"Yah Park Xiyeon!" Enwoo finally able to catch up with the younger girl's pace. She waste no time to grab Xiyeon's hand to make her stop running from her. Luckily they are still in their dorm's parking area so they can keep their conversation private.

 

"Let go of me!" Xiyeon shouted in anger. She tried to break herself free from Enwoo's firm hold and pushed Eunwoo away from her.

 

"No. Not until you hear me out." Instead of complying, Eunwoo tighten her grip on Xiyeon's hand.

 

"I've heard enough, unnie! In your eyes, i'm just a dongsaeng of yours. A kid to be exact!"

​​​

"Xiyeon-ah.. Please.." Eunwoo pleaded. She looks so sincere and as much as Xiyeon hates the older girl right now, she still loves her, so much, after all. 

 

"Fine. You have 5 minutes. Start from now." Xiyeon impatiently tapping her foot and feigned ignorance.

 

"First thing first. Stop crying for an idiot like me." Eunwoo raised her hand to wipe away the remaining tears in Xiyeon's cheeks. Xiyeon just stand still and let her be. 

 

At least she didn't slap away my hand. Eunwoo inwardly thought. A good sign for her so she decided to  try her luck again.

 

"Can i hold your hand?" Eunwoo tentatively asked.

 

It's feel like a dejavu for both girls. But the situation is reversed now.

 

Xiyeon really want to say no. She really want to shake her head but she found herself nodding her head instead.

 

"Thank you." Eunwoo smiled and waste no time to hold the shorter girl's hand, interlacing their fingers. "Now i won't hide anything anymore from you. I like you, Park Xiyeon. Not Kyulkyung. Not any other person but you. And i know that you like me. But i can't date you nor let you to date me. At least not yet, Xiyeon-ah. Not now. I know i have hurt you a lot, and i promise i will make it up to you. But again, not now. Can you wait for a bit more for me? Please?"

 

"Since when you like me, unnie?" Xiyeon asked instead of giving Eunwoo an answer. 

 

"Since the first day i saw you stepping your foot in Pledis building." Eunwoo answered almost immediately.

 

The two girls keep looking at each other wordlessly until Xiyeon breaks it first.

 

"Good answer." Xiyeon cracked a small smile that finally can put Eunwoo's heart a bit at ease and at the same time lessen the tension between them.

 

"I am a fool for you, unnie." She sighed. "So if it's for you, i think i can wait." Xiyeon breathed out.

 

"Good." Eunwoo smiled in relief. "And i can wait for you too, Xiyeon-ah. So don't worry. Don't be in pain again because of me. I promise i will wait for you. Just few more years, 2 more years, before you officially become an adult. Before i can officially claimed you as mine." Enwoo said as she wrapped her arms around Xiyeon, warmly hugging the girl that soon will be her girlfriend, in two years to be exact.

 

Xiyeon slowly wraps her arms around Eunwoo, hugging her back and buried her face in the crook of Eunwoo's neck. Eunwoo could feel how the younger girl is smiling against her skin.

 

"Okay."

 

"Okay."

 

It feels so good.. hugging Xiyeon and feeling her rapid heartbeats against her chest. While hers also beating in the same fast pace like Xiyeon's. To knowing that their heart beats so fast because of each other. It's a whole new feeling but she can get used to it, she thought.

 

But of course it's not Jung Eunwoo aka Julia if she can keep her playful-mischievous side down for too long.

 

"And i'll gladly give your unforgettable-amazing first kiss as your present. You can even ask more." Eunwoo provocatively whispered in Xiyeon's ear. Blowing some air into Xiyeon's air in addition.

 

"Yaaah this ert unnie! And you said you're going to protect me at all costs. Turned out you're the biggest danger here!" Xiyeon lightly shoved Eunwoo away with her madly blushing face while the shiba inu-like girl just laughing her head off after successfully teasing the younger girl.

 

"Come here you! Let Nunu unnie kiss youuu~" Eunwoo tried to chase Xiyeon who's running for her dear life. Eunwoo keeps pouting and smacking her lips, making loud smooching voices.

 

Little did they know, some people are standing not too far from them since like 10 minutes ago. Silently watching over the two.

 

"YAH JUNG EUNWOO DON'T YOU DARE TRYING TO HARM OUR BABY!" Few female voices can be heard from behind, as they scarily shouted in unison.

 

Hearing that, Enwoo abruptly stopped on her track. She involuntarily shuddered in fear as she can recognized those voice belong to the trio leader line who cherish maknaes so much. Not to mention the over-protectiveness of the sub-leader and her girlfriend for Xiyeon.

 

Eunwoo regretted it now. She really do.

 

She shouldn't said that. That's not a really good joke especially with the unnies watching at the back.

 

 

 

 

She's so...

 

"Dead! You're so dead, Jung Eunwoo. HAHAHAHA~" Her 98 liner friends said in unison and high-five-ing each other, as if they can read her mind and kindly help to finished the sentence for Eunwoo.

 

Yeah, right. I'm so dead.. thanks to your girlfriends, traitors!!