[ ONE ]

The Missing Poetry

L version.

Taekwoon opens his eyes softly, the sound of rain outside still can be heard at this hour. Been almost 3 days it’s always raining all day long. Not that Taekwoon complained having more water to fill his water bank under the ground, it’s just kind of hard for him to go to college and workplace if it’s always raining. No clean shoes, always a little damp clothes -mostly on arm area- everytime he arrived.

Deep in thoughts about what songs he should perform today, Taekwoon stares at his ceiling like it’s the most interesting thing exist in his room. That until his phone went off, a line of name blinks on its screen. Taekwoon turns his body a little to reach the phone and touch the answer button fast.

“What is it, Hakyeon?” Taekwoon asks, his voice still kind of hoarse due no water coming through his throat after 8 hours sleep –thanks to free class today, he can hears Hakyeon’s curse softly before he talks to the sleepy boy.

“Taekwoon, Hongbin will be late today, can you help me with the café?” A honey voice on the other side sounds desperate to Taekwoon’s ear, and Taekwoon now know what makes the older curse, he probably hit his toe on the chair or tables again today.

Taekwoon just hum in agreement, he sits on the side of the bed and rub his eyes softly before glances at the clock on the wall, almost 6 PM and the café will opens before 8 “Yeah, I’ll be there in 30 or 45 minutes then,”

A soft thank you could be heard from Hakyeon, and Taekwoon can’t help but sigh at his bestfriend’s voice, “You sound so tired. I think you need holiday, Yeonie,”

Taekwoon actually can picturing the way Hakyeon shakes his head and waves his hand because he disagree, but still, Taekwoon thinks his bestfriend need some day for himself.

“Nah, I’m fine~” Hakyeon reassuring, he cough a little before continue with teasing tone, “Anyway your voice kind of y~”

At that moment, Taekwoon ended the call right away.

 

He messed up his jet black hair before getting up and walks toward the kitchen, almost fell down when he accidentally steps on a book. He stops on his step and looks down on the floor before sighing so long. There on the floor, pile of books laying helplessly, some even just randomly opened and left on the cold floor. Taekwoon scrunches down, he takes one of the book with white cover, there written in big fonts; FAHRENHEIT 451. He scoffs, he rarely read this kind of book, it must be given by one of his friends or someone just left it when they visited.

Some books relly looks untouched, Taekwoon is busy with college and works, and it’s been a while since the last time he read peacefully. Hakyeon was the one making him addicted to reads book, but as you grow old you have lot of things to do and he can’t help but to give up reading.

“Well, it seems I’m gonna late if I’m staying here a little longer,” Taekwoon says to himself before standing up and scoffs, it’s kind of funny even to his ear. He decides it’s time to clean up and prepares himself, tonight going to be another busy night, and Taekwoon, once again, will be singing between the sounds of heavy rain outside.

 

 

 

 

R version.

“I’ll take some vacation.”

Wonshik stands on the door frame, looking at his bestfriend Jaehwan who just lazily laying on his stomach with eyes glued to his phone. He let his long brunet bang fall on his forehead, almost reaching his eyes.

“Well, you need to bring me something when you go back. That’s for sure,” Jaehwan says without even lift his head to stare at his younger friend.

Wonshik pouts, he approaches the older and sits in front of him. He takes the phone away and a high pitched “ya!” echoed through the room. But that’s the only way Wonshik can get Jaehwan’s attention anyway, the older was always busy with works on weekdays, and weekend he just spend his time with his phone. Or dramas.

“Fine, old baby. Why you need some vacation? Is this hyung here not enough to make you happy?” Jaehwan finally sits properly, legs spread to the front, he places the right one on Wonshik’s thigh.

Wonshik sighs, he leans back, his arms on the couch behind him, “I kinda need new muse to continue my music,”

Jaehwan’s eyebrows furrowed, he stares at Wonshik in disbelief, “Are you sure? I mean all your songs are great, even the last one you shoved to my throat,”

The younger chuckles, he looks up to the ceiling and smiles a little, “Don’t you think my songs a little bit soulless lately?”

“Not at all~”

“The lyrics aren’t good enough either,”

“Still full of poetry and ambiguous words though~”

Wonshik turns his head fast, glaring at Jaehwan who trying hard not to laugh at his bestfriend. The brunet boy shrugs and smiles at Wonshik, that kind of billion watt smile.

“You always do your best, Wonshik. All the songs you made, are just amazing. You don’t need to worry anyway,” Jaehwan nods at him, trying to reassure the black haired man.

The said boy just looks down, he bit his lower lips a little. Well, it’s true, all the songs he made it always turned into million won, so it all not just a waste. But still, something disturb him, feels like he need to go somewhere, write about something, and feel something. He just doesn’t know why, where.

Watching his younger friend with unreadable expression, Jaehwan knows lowkey he wants to go vacation so bad. It’s not the end of the world for both of them to have some fun with some money they made anyway.

So Jaehwan pulls back his leg and stands up in one-go, hands on his waist and Wonshik can’t help but stares at his hyung in confusion.

“Well, if you need vacation, let’s go together~”

“What?”

Jaehwan scoffs, he pulls Wonshik hands until the younger stands up, he pushes the younger to the front door and grabs his car key near the door.

“Let’s buy some stuff for our trip!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

LR version.

Wonshik leans on the car seat, he throws his look outside the window, to the blue sky and tall trees along the way. Beside him, Jaehwan focusing his eyes to the road in front of him, fingers taping on the steering wheel to the beat of the song from radio. Once in a while, he would glance at Wonshik and smiles a little.

“Ya, Kim Wonshik. Why you look not interested? We finally have our own holiday! Vacation!” Jaehwan teases him, he hold out his hand to poke the sided of Wonshik’s body.

The younger boy jumps a little on his side, he turns his head at Jaehwan before pouting at the older, “I thought you gonna bring me to a beach, not your hometown,”

The brunet boy chuckles, he shrugs his shoulder like he doesn’t care, he knows Wonshik lowkey enjoying the trip, and he actually didn’t even sulked when Jaehwan said they won’t go to Hawaii (because Wonshik said he want to go to Hawaii). Jaehwan actually understand why Wonshik sulks, he is ready for the beach to the point where he just wearing a sleeveless shirt and even brings sunglasses with him. To the older, it’s kind of fun to tease the younger. Beside, not every day Jaehwan would have time to spend with his precious noisy bestfriend.

Wonshik rolls his eyes, he glances at Jaehwan before turns his eyes back to the view outside the window. Jaehwan scoffs, he turns his wheel slowly to the side of the road, to a gas station that actually too big to this kind of quiet road. The other boy lifts his head and turns his head to Jaehwan as the older parks the car beside the pump dispenser.

“I’m going to toilet and buy some snack, do you want anything?” Jaehwan asks, hands already on the doorlock, ready to run to the store and buy as much snacks he can put on the back seat.

Wonshik stretches his body and yawn, “Cola, some beer if you want to buy me, also something that isn’t sweet,”

“Because you’ve got enough sweetness from me?”

The younger gives Jaehwan disgusting look and pretends to throws up but the later doesn’t even affected by it, he knows that’s how Wonshik would react anyway. So he opens the door and jump off the car, he puts his arm on the top of the car before leans down to look inside the car, he trying hard not to laugh when he stares at wonshik sharply.

“Fill my gas tank, Wonshock~”

 

 

Wonshik leans his body on the wall, waiting until the gas tank is full. In the store, Jaehwan busy asking the cashier the fastest way to reach his hometown. It’s been years since the last time Jaehwan visits it anyway, he has thing to say to defense himself if Wonshik mock him for not knowing the way home. He will just say ‘we always too busy working we don’t even have time to date around’.T Typical Jaehwan.

The black haired boy sighs, it’s almost 3PM and he’s freakingly hungry. Jaehwan didn’t want to stop on the last dining they met on the road, said they will arrive soon. But seeing the condition right now, he thinks they won’t even make it before 6.

He is too busy into his own stuff when a silver car parks on the other side of gas pump, Wonshik turns his head a little just out of curiousity. There on the passenger seat of the car he see, a pale man with jet black hair, closing his eyes and leans his head on the window. The man opens his eyes softly as the machine turned off and he meets eyes with Wonshik. The red shirt boy turns his head back right away, he blinks few times and shakes his head.

“Damn that’s such scary stare,” Wonshik mumbles to himself, he put on his shades in hurry and pull out the gas pump before rushing back into the car.

Not long after he throw himself back to his seat, he glances at the man inside the other car. The man has the tip of the pencil inside his mouth, nibbing on it. A notebook, like a journal, lay on the dashboard like unused thing and he doesn’t know why but the man staring at the notebook like he is trying to burn it with his stare.

“It’s not good staring at stranger like that,” Jaehwan stands right beside the car, fully covering the window from the driver seat, blocking Wonshik’s view.

The younger scoffed, he shakes his head slowly and shrugs, “I’m not staring, that man was glaring at me!”

Jaehwan seems like he doesn’t buy Wonshik’s excuse so he just steps inside the car and turns on the engine, Wonshik pouts, he takes a chips from the bag on the backseat, the bag Jaehwan just throw carelessly minutes ago. Jaehwan turns his head to Wonshik while the younger busy munching 3 chips at the same time, the older smirks and says out loud;

“Now, the adventure actually begin~”

 

 

Wonshik is shock.

He thought Jaehwan’s hometown is a village where the people catching clam for living. Or harvesting using traditional way. Alright, Wonshik knows he’s being too much, but everytime Jaehwan talked about his hometown, he always said his hometown is so calming, the air still fresh, and they almost know everyone in town. Wonshik doesn’t even think it’s gonna be a cool little town with nice old buildings and houses, few parks and some night clubs and some old, vintage-vibe, diners in town. To say it in one word..

“Perfect,” Wonshik says to Jaehwan, he turns his head at the older, staring at him with beaming face, “Hyung, your town is amazing~ it’s old but amazing, just like you!”

Jaehwan slaps Wonshik’s head softly and mumbling ‘I’m not old’ but giggling anyway. He somehow feel proud when someone praise his lovely town.

“Let’s go to my house first and we can spent the rest of the day going to club or café or something,” Jaehwan suggested, still focused on the road and sometime greet people with using his horn.

Wonshik nods, he takes out his phone and start talking lot of photos and send it to his sister, “I think I should bring my sister here sometimes. What do you think, hyung?”

“I prefer you go here with your lover or something though,”

The latter staring at Jaehwan with the look that saying ‘you are kidding, right?’, and Jaehwan can’t help but chuckles.

“Oh come on Wonshik, you are 25. You should’ve traveling with your lover or wife or something, not with Hyung,” Jaehwan teases, “This hyung needs to spend time to find someone too~”

Wonshik pouts, he sighs heavily and leans back to the seat, “Nah, I’m good being like this anyway. Need to make more money, love can wait,”

“Love can wait my ,” Jaehwan mocks him, “My mom’s food can’t wait. Now take our bags and I will call my mom to open the door,”

“Wait? Why I am the only one brings our bags?!” Wonshik glares at Jaehwan, the older waves his hand and giggling like some people you heard in tv show.

“Because you are in my house and apparently you are the younger here, my kingdom. SO~ servant please take our bags out of the car. I’ll treat you drink tonight!”

“deal!”

 

 

“Hongbin is late again?” A boy with blonde hair asks, he put his chin on the top of his palms and staring at the men cleaning the tables.

“It’s Hyung for you, Sanghyuk,” The tanned man with plate pinned to his shirt with ‘HAKYEON’ on it says, he leans to one side of his leg with hands on his waist, “And yeah he’s late so why don’t you give us a hand?”

“But I’m coming here to have a drink~” the boy named Sanghyuk whines cutely, he pouts at Hakyeon and blinks a few time, indeed looks like a puppy.

“I told ya, no alcohol. You are a kids,” Taekwoon put a bottle of banana milk on the table in front of Sanghyuk and grins, contrary to Sanghyuk’s angry glare.

“HYUNG! I’m 23!”

“And a baby,” suddenly a boy with black, pushed back hair walks in, he walks fast towards Hakyeon and give the man a pecks on the lips, “Sorry for being late again, babe. My cousin came today,”

The two men who just witness the scene just rolls their eyes, Sanghyuk even says ‘ew’ softly.

“Really, when will you guys realize it’s not a shounen-ai café,” a girl with long black hair says behind the bar, he giving glare at the two men who still in their own world, “Not that I’m complaining, but Boss, Hongbin, the tables can’t be cleaned by themselves.”

“Hana noona is jealous?” Sanghyuk teases, he even turns his body to stares at the girl called Hana and throws a smirk at her, “Date with me~”

“I don’t like boys, you know it you little ,” Hana throws him a dirty towel, “beside I’m not into baby,”

“GUYS! I AM 23!!!”

 

 

Taekwoon throws a worried look at Hakyeon, his bestfriend seems tired all day, he keeps leaning on the table, wall, or bar counter few times this night, and it’s not 9 yet. Taekwoon finishes his third song for that night before walks down the stage and approaches him.

“Hakyeon, you look tired these days. How about you stay in your office and take a rest. We can handle it,” Taekwoon rubs his shoulder softly, but Hakyeon just shakes his head softly.

“I’m the boss, I need to be on the field too, you know it,” Hakyeon smiles, he pats Taekwoon’s head softly, “Aw, is Daeguni worried about me?”

Taekwoon snorts, he smiles a little and grabs his hand before pulls him to the table in the corner and tell him to sit there, “You are like a brother to me, of course I’m worried you ,”

Hakyeon nods, he tell Taekwoon to go back on stage with his chin and the man walks like what he told, to the stage. Hongbin approached Hakyeon not too long after Taekwoon sits back on the stage, and it relieves him a little. Luckily the guests in the café tonight isn’t too many, so they will be okay taking care of it just 3 of them plus Sanghyuk helping them like usual.

“is Hakyeon hyung gonna be okay?” Sanghyuk climbs up the stage and whispers at Taekwoon when the man busy preparing his mic stand.

“Hakyeon is strong man, Sanghyuk. He will beat anything that disturb him from his work,” Taekwoon pats Sanghyuk’s head and smiles, “Now, how about you help Hongbin and Hana? They can’t do it all by themselves only,”

 

 

“My cousin works there you know,” Jaehwan says while trying to keep up his step with Wonshik’s big steps, “It’s a café but they serves alcohol on the bar too. It’s amazing!”

Wonshik nods just to let him know he’s listening, he keep taking photos from the scenery and admire the night lamps along the street. Wonshik met Jaehwan’s cousin not too long ago today, he’s a handsome man with dimples as deep as atlantic. He introduced himself as Hongbin and he’s same age as Wonshik, the amazing part is Hongbin actually in the middle of his master degree. Café works just to keep him busy not only with study.

It’s not too long after when they already standing in front of a building with warm yellow lamps on the ceiling, their shop sign has another warm yellow around it, with blinking words SHANGRI-LA on it.

“Ah? Are they from the same group of that hotel?” Wonshik asks all of sudden and Jaehwan almost chokes on his spit by how stupid his friend could be.

“Shut up idiot, let’s just go inside.” Jaehwan pulls Wonshik through the door with gold handle, and they greeted by the warm atmosphere of people.

Wonshik scanned the whole room, some people busy talking to each other’s, some others laughing in the corner with their friend, the other just stand up and walks toward the bar. Behind the bar there’s a girl with black hair, she looks like a master of mixing and the people around the bar clapping for her tricks. Not too far from there, a blonde man chatting with customers.

“Hyung!”

Hongbin suddenly appears right in front of them, still with his billion watt smile, but now he’s different, he wears a white shirt and black pants with plate on his chest.

“Ooh! Our Hongbinnie is here~” Jaehwan says in sing-song voice, “We will take care of ourself from here. You do your work!”

Hongbin nods and bow down, “Sorry hyung, I’m kind of busy. My boyf- ah I mean our boss is kind of sick there,” Hongbin grins awkwardly before he bows down and rush to Hakyeon’s seat right after Jaehwan giving him a look and smirks.

“Okay, Wonshik, let’s find our seat and enjoy the night’s show. People said they have best food and beverages here, also best live music!” Jaehwan says while walking backwards, Wonshik needs to tell him to be careful few times before he bumped to a table that, luckily, empty.

Wonshik sighs and mutter ‘stop jumping here and there’ to Jaehwan but the older just shrugs and stretch his body, he glances at the bar not too far from their seat and grins.

“I’m going to have some shot, you can join me if you want!” Jaehwan offers, he tilts his head to the left and pouts, throwing some cute pose so Wonshik will say yes, but sadly the younger just shakes his head softly.

“I’ll try to keep sober until we go home, someone need to remember the way home,” He said, and not seconds later Jaehwan already walking fast to the bar.

Left alone with empty table and chairs in front of him, a handsome man like Wonshik indeed catching attention. The boy decided to take out his tablet and ask for a glass of cola when Hongbin walks passed him. He opens his unfinished lyric and tryng hard to at least add one or two lines, that when he hears a soft voice echoing from the stage.

“Welcome to Shangri-La, everyone. To our old or new customers, I hope you guys having good times here tonight,”

Wonshik lifts his head softly from the tablet and his heart almost drops to the floor.

There, on the stage, the man he met at the gas station. But no more sharp glare from his eyes, when their eyes meet, the man also looks shocked but he smiles and continues to focusing on the crowd from the front row.

“A song for tonight, special for our best boss ever, Adore You.”

 


 

Hello! It's SNOWANGJA!

Yups I know I have lot of fanfict that literally discontinued and I deleted it already sobs. I've been gone for so long I know ㅜㅜ I just got new laptop recently and moved to new university, it's new school year and I dont want to fell to the same hole so I kinda work 10000x harder now. It's national holiday tomorrow so I have some free time and I probably write the rest of the chapters during weekend so please wait for quite a long time ㅠㅠ 

Also, our Taekwoonie is sick, so let's all pray and support him so he can come back on stage with the boys. Kinda miss his cute smileㅠㅠ Oh! and our VIXX won Bonsang Award on Soribada Music Award! YAY! Congratulation everyone~ It's all our WIN~~