you

You, Tokyo, You

 

 

"We apologize for the delay, ma'am. We also didn't know this would happen..."

I heave a helpless sigh as my facial expression turns to worry. The flight is delayed and I really really need to hand my assignments as fast as possible to Mr. Han or else I won't get my salary this month. Maybe he will consider if it was for the first time but no, it's the fourth times already. "How many hours do I have to wait?" I ask the lady who has an apologetic face.

"Uh..." She rubs the back of her neck nervously. "Tomorrow."

"T-tomorrow?"

She nods.

"Woah, I can't believe this," I shake my head slowly. I already spent money for the hotel and now they're saying the flight is tomorrow? I'm screwed.

"But, no worries, ma'am. We'll give you a compensation!" The lady smiles widely.

 

 

I stare blankly at the ten coupons of sushi in my hand. So, this is what they call a 'compensation'.

I gasp as my eyes wandering the street. I decide to just relax my mind by sitting on the bench under a huge cherry blossom tree. Shoving the coupons into my pocket, I slowly shut my eyes, not knowing what to think anymore.

 

My eyes flutter open immediately as loud and noisy sounds filled my ears. Emotionless, I look at the crowd of people standing in a circle across the street. Getting up from the bench, my curiosity pushes me to join them. I tiptoe a bit so that I can see what they're watching clearly.

 

A guy around my age is dancing. No, he's break dancing to be exact. I don't really know the move is called but it indeed seems hard. Everyone is clapping their hands and some even recording him. It's my first time seeing someone's break dancing in really life and I must admit that it's surprisingly entertaining to watch.

 

After a good five minutes, he bows down, signing it's the end of the show. Without I realize, I'm already in the most front and I can see his face clearly. He has a slight smile on his face while thanking the audience. He then takes off his cap and walks around the audience as they put coins into it. I slip my hand into my pocket, hoping I still have coins. Too bad, I can't seem to find it so I pull out one of my coupons and put it inside his cap.

 

He looks at the coupon for a second then his eyes land on me. "Sushi?" A smirk appears on his face.

"Yes," I nod. "Sushi."

"Thank..you," he says. I bet he knows that I don't look like someone who was born here, that's why he didn't reply in his Japanese language.

Unlocking my phone, I start to scroll through my contacts. I almost forgot to call Mr. Han about the flight delayed. Hesitatingly, I press the green button and put the phone near to my ear.

 

"Mr. Han, hello."

"Hello, Sunha," he says.

I can't help but to feel nervous. "I'm still in Tok--"

 

All of sudden, someone snatches my bag in a blink of an eye and sprints away from me. My mouth falls agape before I shout at that person and run as fast as I can to catch him.

 

"Ya! You there! Stop right there!" I shout at him while running.

"Huh?!" He turns and looks at me with I-don't-understand-what-you're-saying expression then runs again, even faster.

I don't care what language you're speaking just, "Give me back my bag you pinhead!"

He refuses to listen. Ugh, that little! I'm literally running out of oxygen so this time I run a bit slower. I don't think I'll be able to catch him.

I keep looking at that figure as I try to catch my breath until a guy with a skateboard passes by me, making me flinch a bit. I furrow my brows as he seems familiar. He's fast, indeed. What surprises me more is that he's actually following that pickpocket.

 

It takes him only a minute to reach that guy before he suddenly pushes the guy's back and causes him to hit the ground. I crack a smile as that pinhead groans loudly. Now, this is my only chance to get back my bag so I run faster towards them.

 

After I finally reach them, I snatch my bag instantly from the guy who's still on the ground. I clench my fist and his face becomes frightened. The skateboard guy says something in Japanese as his hand signs him to go. I look at him and study his face properly. Hm, I feel like I saw him somewhere..."Ah, you! That break dancing boy? Right?" I hope he understands me.

 

He shoves his hands into his pockets before looking down at me. "Hm?"

 

I guess he doesn't understand. How should I explain this.

 

"You," I point at his chest. "Break dance," I start to dance randomly. Sigh, what am I even doing?

 

He covers his mouth. I blink several times at him and it turns out he's laughing at me. I hate myself, I must look so dumb.

"Anyways, thank you for this," I smile as I wave my bag at him.

He nods. "You're welcome."

"Bye bye~" I bow before turning around to leave him.

 

I smile to myself, thank god he helped me. This bag is equivalent to my life since I put my laptop inside. I'm glad that someone like him exists. What a nice guy.

 

I walk casually and all of sudden I feel strange. Jeez.

 

The nature is calling me.

 

I quickly turn around, heading back to that guy and jog to him.

 

He's a bit surprise, probably tired of seeing me again. "Hey," he greets.

"Toilet," I smile awkwardly. "Please, do you know where's the toilet is?"

"Come," he signs me to follow him.

 

 

...

 

 

I sigh in relief after closing back the toilet's door. Without him, I don't think I'd be able to find a toilet in the middle of a busy street. I walk towards the mirror in front of me to fix my appearance.

 

"Hm, let's see. What should I tell him after this?" I bite the inside of my cheek. "Should I say something in Japanese to impress him?" I talk to myself as I brush my hair neatly. "Like, arigatou?" But what if he just laughs at me like before? No way, I'm not gonna make myself looks dumb again. Let's just act like normally.

 

I brush off whatever dust on my silk blazer and make my way towards the exit.

 

 

"Yeah, really? That'd be so much fun."

"You're going to Seoul for how many days?"

"Good luck and send my regards to your sister."

"No worries. I was just kidding."

 

 

I peek through the door as I hear a familiar voice talking to someone through his phone.

 

"No really. I'm probably going back after a week."

"Sure, see you," and he ends the call.

 

My face turns expressionless. All this time, he knows how to speak...my language. I finally walk out of the toilet, still keeping my face flat.

 

He turns around to look at me. "Done?"

I sigh and squat down, hugging my knees. He looks around before squatting down to my level.

"I can't believe..." I say.

"What."

"All this time, you know how to speak my language," I look at him, still with no expression.

A slight smile appears on his face and he stands up immediately. "Stand up," he orders me.

I follow what he said.

"You should've told me earlier so that..."

"So that what?" He tilts his head.

"I didn't have to make a fool out of myself," I say. "Especially with that break dance. I bet I looked really dumb to you."

I swear I feel like wanting to dig my own grave.

"Ah..." He nods slightly. "You're kinda right."

See, even he agrees. "So, you're not Japanese?" I try to change the subject since it's too embarrassing to talk about.

"Nope."

"Okay..." I rub the back of my neck, sighing. "I'm Sunha. W-what should I call you?"

"Jaebum," he grabs my hand all of sudden to shake it. He has a very warm hand, I must say.

"You're really not J..japanese?"

"You repeat that question again," he starts to walk and I follow him from behind.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I heard you speak Japanese really well before."

He stops in his track and turns to face me, face full of worry and panic. "...."

 

 

...

 

 

"You sure you left it here?" I ask as I keep looking around the street. So, Jaebum explained to me that he accidentally forgot to bring his skateboard with him after I asked him where the toilet is and he said it was my 'fault'.

"More than sure," he keeps searching for it. "Why didn't you remind me to bring it with me?"

I blink. "H-how should I know?"

He shakes his head in unbelievable. This guy...

"I don't know," he shrugs. "It's still your fault."

I scoff as I walk a little bit far away from him, heading towards the bench to sit. Why the hell is he blaming me? He's the one who forgot his belonging. I heave a sigh as I still scan around while sitting. "Piss me of--"

I couldn't finish my sentence after seeing something stuck on the bushes, that's on my left side. I look at Jaebum for a second to make sure he won't notice and quietly walk to the bushes.

"There you are," I smile, knowing that I've found his skateboard. Should I just give it to him immediately? But he lied for not knowing how to speak and blame me for making him lose his skateboard. I put my hands on my waist. But then again, he already helped me getting back my bag. "Yeah, I guess just give it to him," I nod to myself.

I hold the skate board and pull it out carefully so that it won't get any scratches. I wonder who hid it here, must be someone who's really really bored. Proudly, I make my way towards him with his skateboard on my hands.

 

"Hey, Jaebum," I call him and he looks at my direction instantly.

"Oh, you found it?"

"Of course," I smile proudly. "No, you don't have to give my anything as a thank you. Simply just say--"

"Or you were the one who hides it?" He cuts off.

I widen my eyes. "Excuse you?!"

He lets out a soft chuckle as he reaches his hand out to pat my head, causing my hair a bit messy. "Just kidding."

I can't believe someone can be this annoying.

"I'm going to use the coupon. Wanna come too?" He asks as he holds his skateboard with one hand.

I shake my head. "Nope. Thank you but I still have so many things to do," I say, knowing that I still have to call Mr. Han. "Thanks for your offer, though."

"Alright," Jaebum nods, eyeing me up and down. "Good luck."

 

After that, he walks away, leaving me. I quickly take out my phone, unlock it and call Mr. Han immediately.

 

"Hello, Sunha."

"Hello. How are you, Mr?" I ask, trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Really good. Something wrong? The last tim--"

"Mr, I'm still in Tokyo right now, the flight got delayed and they said it will be tomorrow. I'm really sorry, Mr. Han. I don't know why this kind of situation happens so often to me but I promise I'll give my assignment tomorrow."

I can hear him sighing through the phone. "Well, there's nothing I can do about it."

"Please, Mr," I say.

"Sorry, Sunha, but it'd be unfair to everyone."

"Give me one more chanc--"

And he ends the call. I ruffle my hair in frustration, not knowing what to do anymore. And right at this time, my stomach decides to growl out loud. I place both of my hands on it, sighing.

 

...

 

"Sushi Yoshi..take," I read the address which is written on the coupon and look at the cozy building in front of me. "Woah..." I push the door open scan around. It looks really...expensive. Thank god, I won't have to pay since I'm gonna use the coupons.

 

I keep scanning around until my eyes land on that familiar person, Jaebum. Ah, how could I forget? I quickly cover my face, turning around and choose the table that's pretty far from him.

 

Hold a second, why am I even hiding from him?!

 

I turn around again and make my way to his table. I sit casually before pulling out a chair across from him. He lifts his head to look at me as he chews on his food.

 

"I'm just curious how the restaurant looks like so don't mind me," I lie.

"Yeah, I believe," he says flatly.

“And, why do you even care, anyway?” I blink, looking away. “I have the coupons so I can use this whenever I want.”

Instead of answering me, he just casually calls the waiter. The waiter comes and hands him the menu but he gives it to me immediately.

I keep quiet and just take the menu, scanning through it carefully.

“I want to order this,” I point at the number five. “And also one ice tea, please,” I say, smiling to the waiter.

“Okay, ma’am,” he says. “Anything else?”

“That’s all,” I give him the menu and he nods before leaving the table.

I look around the place and my eyes are mesmerized at how luxury this restaurant looks. “Do you come here often?” I ask Jaebum whose busy munching his food.


“Nah,” he shakes his head. “Probably only twice a month.”

You nod slowly.

There’s a brief moment of silence after that before Jaebum asks. “So, did you already fix your problem?”

“What problem?” I raise my brows in curious.

“I heard you calling someone several times with that panic look on your face.”

“Ah…” I rub my neck. “I have to give my assignments to my superior today but I guess I already failed due to flight delayed.”

“Let me see.”

I my handbag, taking out my assignment papers and show it to him.

His eyes look up and down through the papers and nod slowly. “He doesn’t want to extend the time, does he?”

“Nope.”

“You really wrote everything here?” he asks again, looking at me in disbelief.

“Of course—why are you asking such a question?” I blink at him.

“I see…fascinating,” he says in a bit of mock tone.

I roll my eyes. “You don’t seem to believe it.”

“I believe. It’s just that…” his eyes scan me. “Nah, never mind.”

“Yah,” I scoff.

“Who you calling ‘Yah’?” He says as he moves his face closer. “What if it turns out that I’m older than you?”

“Well…that’s,” I look up, acting like I’m thinking hard. “That’s a different case.”

“You know what? I can help you sending your assignment but it seems like you don’t need any help,” he shrugs, sipping his drink.

My eyes grow widen. “Really? Are you sure?” I blink several times. “Yah…why didn’t you tell me before?” I say, forcing a soft laugh.

“Yah. You didn’t even ask for my help,” his curve into a smirk.

“Please, help me,” I pout slightly, looking at him with pity eyes. I don’t really do this kind of thing, honestly.

“What do I get in return?” he tilts his head, still smirking.

“Well…I spent all my money already,” I bite the inside of my cheek. “I guess I will do anything you want for today only.”

“Anything?”

“Yes! Anything! You heard that right,” I smile.

He leans back, crossing his arms and nods as he still looking at me. “Deal,” he then takes out his phone out of his jacket’s pocket and starts to dial numbers.

 

“Hey, are you already in the airport now?” He calls someone.

“Really? That’s pretty near.”

“Yeah. Can you come here for a moment to help me with something?”

“Sure. I’ll text you the address. Thanks and see you,” and he ends the call.

 

“It’s settled now,” Jaebum looks at me. “Say thank you.”

“Thank you, Jaebum ssi~” I smile widely at him. “Thank you so much.”

“Hey. You don’t have to s-smile like that,” he takes a sip on his drink again. “You look creepy.”

 

After that the waiter comes again, placing the food that I ordered. I grab my chopstick quickly and stuff a sushi into my mouth. “It’s so freaking good~” I say dreamily. I take another sushi and munch it excitedly.

“Eat slowly,” Jaebum says.

“I can’t. This is so good.”

“Do what I say. Eat slowly,” he repeats.

Then, I remember I told him I’d do anything he wants. “Fine,” I carefully grab the sushi with my chopstick.

“Good girl,” he pats my head unexpectedly, making me giving him a death glare.

 

I finish eating my food for fifteen minutes or so. Sipping my drink, I look at Jaebum whose busy staring at his phone. I just realize that his facial features are pretty strong, especially with that sharp eyes. I won’t lie but I admit it he’s…attractive? Maybe because this is the first time I met someone who has a face like him, which I find really unique. Okay, enough with his look.

“You like staring a lot,” his eyes lift to look at me.

I scoff. “Huh? I’m staring at the guy behind you.”

“Really?” He turns around to see the person I’m talking about. Well, I’m screwed. A smirk plasters on his face as he sees a man in his forties eating, he looks a bit…intimidate. “This girl keeps staring you. She finds you really attractive,” Jaebum says to him.

. That guy really doesn’t have any shame. “No, I don’t. He’s just joking!” I cover the guy’s mouth in front of me. “I’m so sorry,” I bow.

The man chuckles then wiggles his brows in response. “It’s okay, young girl. I don’t mind.”

“You were joking? How unfortunate,” he shakes his head. “He seems like he’s interested in you too.”

“Fine fine! I was staring at you,” I roll my eyes in irritation.

“I knew it,” he nods casually. “And there he is…” Jaebum says as his eyes look at someone’s behind me.

I turn around to look at that person who’s waving his hand at him.

“Hey!”

“Hey. You arrive fast,” Jaebum says.

“I’m in hurry actually but I came because you said you need a help,” he shoves his hands into his pockets.

“Thank you thank you. Here,” Jaebum gives him my papers. “Can you give this to…” he looks at me.

“Mr. Ahn. Oh! I’ll write down the address,” I take out a piece of sticky note and write down the address then give it to the guy.

The guy nods as he reads the note. “Alright.”

“Thanks, JInyoung,” Jaebum pats his back.

“Thank you so much,” I bow.

“No need to bow, really,” Jinyoung chuckles. “I’m going then. Bye,” he waves his hand, about to leave the table.

Jaebum nods his head.

“Take care and goodbye!” I say, waving my hand. “Thank you again for your help!”

“Alright alright,” Jaebum says as he pushes me down to sit back. “He’s already gone, why are you still waving?”

“Why? I can’t?” I tilt my head.

“You’re overdoing it.”

“You’re overdoing it,” I mock him, making him scoff in disbelief.

 

 

 

 

After filling our tummies, Jaebum and I walk together in uncertain direction. I’d probably being with myself now if I hadn’t agree to do anything he says. I really have no idea where we’re going but he says just follow him.

“Faster,” Jaebum turns around and look at me. “Walk faster.”

I roll my eyes. Does he know how it feels walking with heels? No. I keep quiet, I won’t increase my speed.

He shoves his hands into his pockets of his jacket as it starts getting colder. After a few minutes, the sky becomes darker and the wind starts blowing through my hair. It’s such a refreshing feel. I look up to the sky and raise my hands in the air, feeling the wind hitting my face lightly. It’s been a while I haven’t felt like this.

“You’re really childish,” Jaebum says, crossing his arms behind his head while letting out a soft chuckle.

I walk towards him and pats his back a bit hard. “Yah, Jaebum. You really don’t know how to enjoy life, are you?”

“Yah, Sunha,” he pinches my cheeks. “I know it more than you.”

“That really hurts,” I caresses my cheeks.

“Ah yes. Let’s go there!” He wraps his arm around my shoulder like I’m his best friend as he escorts me to some unknown place.

We reach the place he’s talking about and it turns out to be a street full of lights. I widen my eyes in surprise because how beautiful it is. Not only lights, this street also has so many tents selling anything like food, accessories and more. I look around and immediately go straight to the one that’s selling bunch of mittens.

I look through it one by one, smiling slightly.

“You like these kind of things, hm,” Jaebum says beside me.

“Yes. I like collecting mittens at my house,” I say as I pat one of it. “Look. Isn’t it so fluffy and cute?” I show it to him.

He looks at me for a second. “You’re right. It’s cute,” he nods in agreement. “You’re also cute,” he says the last sentence in a low tone then walks away somewhere.

I blink. Did I hear that right? “Jaebum, wait up!” I put back the mittens, running towards his direction.

The street is indeed big and crowded. I rub the back of my neck as I look around, searching for Jaebum who’s nowhere to be seen.

“Where’s that guy?” I sigh, still looking around. I don’t really look for him to be honest. In fact, I feel happy that I don’t have to follow him anymore, which means I won’t have to do anything he wants. I smile and turn around, heading back to that tent that sells mittens.

I keep walking and walking until someone taps my shoulder from behind.

“Hello!” A guy older than me smiles and then starts talking in Japanese.

I furrow my brows at him, smiling slightly. “Sorry. I don’t understand your languages.”

He sighs but then starts talking again.

“I…really don’t what you’re talking about,” I try to explain to him.

“Please…please…help,” he bows suddenly. “Come.”

He seems like he needs some help so I nod my head and follow him. Hopefully, it’s going well.

Not too far from the street, he leads me to a mini shop that I don’t really what it sells. He gives me a sign to stay outside and wait for him so I agree.

I look around my surrounding and wait for him. I notice that not so many people pass here.

The guy goes out from his shop, holding something.

He takes my hand and put something on it. “W-wear. OK!”

I look at it curiously and it turns out to be some clothes. What makes me surprise is it’s too…revealing. Especially, the mini skirt. I shake my head. “Sorry. I don’t want,” I give it back to him.

“Please!”

“I said no!” I say loudly and about to leave him until he grabs my hand and kneels down in front of me.

No offence but this guy is getting on my nerve. I try to release my hand but he holds it even tighter. “Hey. What the hell are—“

All of sudden, a hand grabs my arm and immediately pulls me behind him. I somehow feel relieve as I know it was Jaebum.

He talks to that guy in Japanese language nicely. I hide my face behind his broad shoulders, not wanting to see that ert.

After that, he looks at me, sighing. “Let’s go.”

 

 

 

“I told you to follow me,” Jaebum says while walking in front of me.

“But you walked too fast so I thought that you left me.”

“Then you should walk fast too,” he shakes his head slowly.

I heave a sigh. “You won’t understand because you’re not wearing heels.”

“Why did you even agree to help him?” He turns to look over his shoulder. “Do you even know what that shop sells?”

“He looked like he really needs help so I followed him even though I didn’t really know what he saying,” I say the truth.

“Really,” He lets out a soft yet a mocking chuckle. “Just for your information, that shop is selling something related to mature stuff.”

I cover my mouth in surprise. No wonder that man gave me that kind of clothes. Thank god, if Jaebum didn’t came, I’d probably still there. I walk over to his side. “Yah. Thank you.”

He nods. “But come to think of it…”

I tilt my head, looking up at him. “What?”

“You actually kind of fit there.”

I scoff before hitting his arms as much as I can. “That. Is. Not. Funny.”

It seems like he let me hitting him. “I was just kidding,” he says, flicking my forehead, making me caress it because of the pain. “You’re the one who supposes to do anything I want but why it seems like the opposite,” he continues.

“Sorry~”

“That doesn’t sound sincere.”

“I apologize for my mistakes,” I rephrase.

“Get me something to drink and you’ll be forgiven,” he looks at me. “Now.”

“Alright, you find somewhere to sit and I’ll go get you a drink,” I nod my head one time.

“Sure thing. Hurry up, I’m really tired of taking care of you.”

“Yeah yeah,” I roll my eyes. It’s not even my fault. “Go. Shoo~” I push his lightly and walk towards a different direction.

I walk alone to the get drinks from the vending machine nearby. It does not cost that much so I still can pay for it. I decide to get both of us coffees since it’s already night. Inserting a few coins, I press the buttons on it and bend down to get two cans of coffees.

After that, I saunter back to the before place and look for Jaebum. I spot him immediately, lying on top of a small hill while playing with his mobile. I walk to his direction and playfully push down his phone, causing it to fall right on his face.

He groans and I just laugh. “Here,” I hand him his drink. “No need to pay.”

“No worries. I won’t,” he sits and drinks it.

I sit next to him and drink mine too. “So, how many years you’ve been living here?” I ask.

“Seven years or so,” he says. “This is like my second home.”

“I see…”

“How about you?” He asks without looking at me.

“I came here two days ago and it’s my first time here,” I smile, knowing that I’m going to miss this country.

“I’m guessing, you’re here because of that assignment.”

“You read my assignment already, what do you mean by ‘guessing’?” I look at him flatly.

“Smartass,” he chuckles before sipping his drink. “What time are you going tomorrow?”

“Morning,” I say. “I hope they won’t delay it again though.”

He just nods.

I love how he chose this kind of place to sit. Even though, it’s just a small hill, it seems like I can see the whole street full of lights. I don’t think I can enjoy something like this when I’m back because I have too many tasks to finish. I look up to the sky and shut my eyes close as I feel a cold gust of wind hit my face.

I turn to look at Jaebum who’s staring blankly into the sky. Noticing the stare, he suddenly looks at me.

He tilts his head a bit, probably waiting for me to speak but I don’t think I can let out any words. I just keep looking at him while smiling a little. He slowly moves his face closer to mine, I have no idea why my whole body freezes all of sudden. Now, our faces are just an inch apart. Then the reality hits me, making me flinch back.

I let out a nervous chuckle. “I’m sorry.”

“No, I’m sorry,” Jaebum looks away. “What the hell was I thinking?”

Fixing my hair, I chuckle again. “I m-mean it’s not your fault, you don’t have to apolo…gize.”

“Hey,” he says lowly. “You don’t have to be so nervous. Talk slowly.”

“I’m not nervous at all…” I laugh awkwardly. “Really, I’m not!”

“If you need any help, I can take you to the airport tomorrow,” he tries to change the topic.

“Really?”

He nods. “Want or not? I won’t ask you twice.”

“Of course!” I realize that I said that too loud so I calm myself down. I mean, I don’t think I can pay for the taxi anymore so it’s a really kind of him. “I mean, of course I want.”

“You’re so excited to hear it,” he smirks. “It seems like you enjoy spending your time with me.”

“T-that’s not wha—“

“Alright alright,” he nods in understand. “You’re being nervous again.”

I scoff but then smile again as I see at him staring into the sky.

It’s indeed a beautiful night.

 

 

 

 

“I kind of forget the name of the airport but I think it’s Handa? Or Hanida?” I furrow my brows. “Something like that.”

“It’s called Haneda,” Jaebum corrects me.

So, I’m currently sitting next to Jaebum who’s driving his car. That’s right, he has a car. I was kind of surprised too, especially after he paid for my hotel last night. Maybe he’s… “Are you rich?” I ask out of nowhere.

“And if I say yes?” He raises his brows, still keeping his eyes on the road.

I shrug. “Just asking because I wonder why you were dancing on the street yesterday and collecting coins.”

“Well, that coins weren’t for me.”

“Ah…”

He looks at me, smiling. “Why asking? Are you interested in getting to know me more?”

“What are you talking about…” I laugh awkwardly. “Yah! Keep your eyes on the road!” I say as we almost bump into the car in front of us.

“How can I keep my eyes on the road if you keep talking?!” He seems like he’s also startled.

“Fine fine! I’ll keep quiet,” I roll my eyes. And then we keep silence. I look out through the window and stare at myself in the rearview mirror, fixing my hair. “Hey, do you think—“

“You’re talking again,” Jaebum snaps as he parks the car then turns to face me, looking into my eyes. “Done. Now, you can talk again.”

“I…I forgot what to say,” I look away, pretending to fix my hair.

“Alright then—“

“Wait! I remember again!” I say a bit loud, causing him to look at me in a weird way. “Do you think I’m…annoying?”

“Hm…” he glances outside the window. “How do I put it into words?”

I tilt my head.

“You’re in between annoying and irritating,” he nods. “Yeah, that’s it.”

“Almost the same,” I facepalm at him. Looking at my watch, I instantly remember that I have to go, the plane is about to take off. “Okay! I’m going now. Thank you so so much for everything, you helped me a lot,” I say full of sincere.

“You’re welcome,” he nods, lifting up the edge of his upper lip. “Take care, Sunha.”

I open the door. “You too, take care of yourself,” I smile widely and about to close the door. “Goodbye!” I wave at him.

“Bye,” he waves back.

I nod and straighten my skirt before making my way to enter the airport. He’s a nice guy, a really nice guy. I can’t help but to smile as all the incidents yesterday come to mind, it makes me realized how dumb, annoying and clumsy I am.

“Hey!”

I blink as I heard a very familiar voice so I turn around to see Jaebum jogging towards me.

“Hey too!” I greet back. “You’re coming with me?”

He stands in front of me, trying to catch his breath as he places his hands on his waist, one of his hands in holding a paper bag. “Don’t be silly. I’m not coming with you.”

“Then why are you—oh! Did I forget something?” I raise my brows.

He nods in response. I knew it. I reach out my hand. “What is it?”

He hands me the paper bag. “Here.” I’m about to look inside the paper bag but he stops me right away. “Yah. Be patient and open it later.”
 

“You’re giving me a…gift?” I ask dreamily. “That’s so nice of you.”

“It’s yours,” he scoffs. “Alright, go now or you’ll be late again.”

I nod quickly, smiling. “I’m going now,” I turn my heels but turn around again just to hug him slightly. “Thank you for everything.”

He encircles his arms around me, patting my back lightly. “You really say that a lot,” then he releases me.

“Good bye, Jaebum!” This time I’m really going. He waves his hands at me, nodding.

 

 

 

I take a sit near the plane’s window, looking out through it. I’m more than sure I’m going to miss this city a lot. So many things happened in just one day, I still can’t even believe it. I smile a little as I stare at the paper bag Jaebum gave me. Carefully opening it, I drop my jaw in surprise when I see a pair of fluffy mittens. I take it out immediately because I’m just so excited especially when I realized it’s the one that I showed to him. I can’t help but to feel touched. This is the first time a guy gave me a gift.

“So cute,” I say as I wear it. Thank you, Jaebum.

Looking at it makes me don’t wanna go back. I smile as I look out through the window before the plane takes off.

It was really a lovely day in Tokyo… with him.

 

 


 

 

Sorry again for the mistakes ;-; English isn't my first language and I'm still improving hehe. I hope you all enjoyed it though! Thank you for reading <3

 

 

p/s; jaebum is so hot