Parallel Universes

The Love Between Us

"Blurring all your words

Until they don't exist,

And in a parallel universe

It's me you can't resist"


“The love between us”, a TV serial which has captured the hearts of millions of viewers across the country, has, as of 23rd July 2016, raked in the most viewership rating than any other show in the history of South Korea. Surprisingly, this groundbreaking revelation isn’t much of a shocking thing, for every family, regardless of their state and age, tunes in on 8pm-9pm from Monday to Friday every week on the SMS channel, and millions have emerged fans of this marvelous show.

It was a cold winter night in Seoul, and Baekhyun, like the millions of people across the country had just finished watching the T.V show that everyone waited for everyday without fail. Undoubtedly he too was one of the crazy fans of this wonderful show that made all their days so much better. The show had the most handsome actors, who’s acting skills were flawless, the plot was something every writer in the country envied, for it comprised of the saddest of moments that could make even the toughest of people sob like little children, the most joyful moments that wouldn’t fail to bring a smile on your face no matter what kind of day you had, the most romantic moments that would make your heart flutter and capture your mind completely. He was undoubtedly the biggest shipper of one of the couples in the show, Park Chanyeol and Do Kyungsoo. That’s right, it was also the country’s first ever show with homoual characters, but the dynamics of it were so alluring that it made even the most conservative people’s hearts melt. It started being broadcasted at 11 pm because the government believed that watching shows involved with ‘homoual relationships’ was harmful to the children watching it, but after the twelfth episode of the first season, there had been much fanfare over letting the show run on normal times as it had been such a hit among everyone, and after a few protests over social media, SMS media had finally started broadcasting it on par with other normal shows. Now as it was easier to watch it, the growth of the show kept skyrocketing. It was a household name by now, everyone would aspire their families to be like Park Chanyeol’s family, the adoption of ferrets had been on an all–time high after it had been revealed on the third episode of the second season that Park Chanyeol owned a ferret when he was seven years old. Everyone talked about Do Kyungsoo’s melodious voice and how they wanted their faces to have a glow like his face when he smiled so beautifully, it could really make flowers bloom. Everyone was inspired by how Kim Jongin worked hard towards his dreams, how Luhan always had a tough and brave exterior no matter what happened in his past. The characters of this show were definitely the most loved characters in the country.

Everyone wanted to know who the talented actors behind this show were, but surprisingly they were never revealed. The CEO of SMS Media had told that the actors behind the show were never going to be revealed due to undisclosed reasons. Although he did tell that the actors had the same name as the characters in the show, for they wanted to be as natural as possible, to deliver the best performance. Tourism centers were dying to know the location of the shoots, for in that town only the most vibrant flowers were grown; only the bluest skies were seen.

In the show, Park Chanyeol had the biggest crush on Do Kyungsoo, as they were childhood friends who’d grown up together, and faced every challenge and obstacle together in life. The tag of #chansoo would trend on twitter every time there was skinship between them. There were fanbases dedicated to this couple, and Baekhyun was proud to say that he was an active member of them.

This day’s episode had been a particularly intense one, as Chanyeol, who had been on the last straw after seeing his best friend spend more time with a girl called Hana who lived near him, had finally had a moment of self-realization on confessing to his long-time crush. The episode had come to an end after showing a particularly endearing scene where Chanyeol started planning the best time and place to place the perfect confession in. This was the last episode of the second season, and was the most awaited moment in the show’s history. No worries though, as the third season started in exactly 72 hours, that is after the weekend passed.

Even though it was one of the colder nights, everyone’s hearts were filled with warmth from the anticipation and excitement.

For Baekhyun it was two times more exciting, since he had planned to visit the writer of the show, just to get his autograph or a photo. Even if most of the details of the making of the show were never disclosed to the public, the writer of this wonderful show was told to be a Chinese man called ‘Zhang Yixing’. Baekhyun had sent in hundreds of fanletters to Zhang Yixing, tried to contact him in any way possible, he was that desperate to meet the maker of his favorite show. A week back he’d finally got a response, which stated that Zhang Yixing had agreed to meet him as he was such a big fan of a show he created. Baekhyun had pestered his uncle, who worked in SMS Media, to no end. Now he finally had received the fruit of his effort.

That night, he went to sleep with a smile on his face, snuggled in comfy blankets, as he felt so proud to meet a very sought after person the following day. He muttered a small prayer for everyone’s wellbeing in the show, even if they were fictional characters.

 

 

The next morning, Baekhyun was woken up with….. a loud ringing in his ears. He opened his eyes and rubbed it grumpily, he wasn’t a fan of being woken up with shrill rings. He fumbled for his phone on the bedside table and answered it with a drowsy and unfocused, “hello?”

Hey best friend, good morning!” a cheery and boisterous voice greeted him.

“ you Jongdae, I’m not taking you with me today, so hang up and let me catch up on some sleep”, Baekhyun said in a monotonous voice.

Excuse you, I SO wasn’t going to ask that. Well, since we’re already on that topic-

“My uncle’s going to kill me if he finds out that I’m taking my friends with me, you know that,” Baekhyun interrupted.

Yeah yeah, whatever”, Jongdae quipped in a hurt tone.

Baekhyun softened and replied, “I promise that I’ll get an autograph for you too, okay?”

“Tell him that he’s a legend too! And maybe get his number, you know, if he’s not a 80 year old balding man obviously. Or on second thoughts, that works too, I’ve always fantasized having a sugar da-“, Jongdae started rambling from the other side.

“OKAY okay, too much information. He might as well kick me out if I ask him his phone number of all things like some stalker. Let me meet him first, and then we’ll see. It’s good that you’ve woken me up actually, I need to start getting ready”

“Wear those tight jeans of yours that you bought the other day, it’s great. Don’t forget to clear out your phone’s storage for a photo session too. Bye you little ~”, he hung up.

Baekhyun sighed and sent a text of an emoji of the finger to Jongdae, before getting up from his bed. He stood beside his bed and opened the curtains of his bedside window, just like how Do Kyungsoo did every morning. Even the harsh light of the sun didn’t affect him, he was that happy.

He went to his closet and picked a simple white t-shirt, with those jeans that Jongdae mentioned too. After a shower and an intense scrubbing session, he was out squeaky clean and fresh, smelling like berries, which was Luhan’s favorite scent if he recalled correctly.

He adjusted his hair in the mirror, and put his Gucci sneakers which he’d bought for this very particular day. (Also maybe because Park Chanyeol had the same ones in the show, but he wasn’t going to admit that)

Once he was out he caught the subway to the downtown side of Seoul where Zhang Yixing apparently lived. Many passengers in it were discussing yesterday’s episode, and twitter was filled with theories of what would happen in the next episode, as well as various kinds of fanart. This was a usual scene, though.

Once he reached the area, he walked towards the street that was mentioned in his address. It was a quiet street, with nicely built houses on each side. It was given that the writer was rich anyway, calculating the amount of money he’d be raking in for every episode. He stopped in front of a two- storied house, built in a very modern and urban manner. He walked on the pathway, there were scrunching sounds as he set foot on some of the stray dry leaves lying there, giving everything a dramatic effect. He took deep breaths because he felt a bit nervous, as he didn’t really know how Zhang Yixing would be like. He might as well be a psychopath for all he knew.

He rang the doorbell, and waited, figuring out that since he’d come so far, he’d have to at least see this mysterious man’s face. The door opened and there stood a guy who looked about the same age as Baekhyun was, dressed in a pair of jeans and a flannel shirt.

“Hey! I’m here to meet Mr.Zhang. My name’s Byun Baekhyun and I’ve scheduled a meeting with him”.

The guy just opened his mouth like a fish and stood there, looking like he didn’t know what to say.

“Why are you standing there like that? Uh, I don’t want to be late so you should take me inside. You are his assistant right? Oh, his son? Whatever just take me in”.

The guy just nodded his head dumbly and gestured Baekhyun to follow him inside, opening the door completely. Baekhyun walked inside and took in the surroundings around him. The house was very well kept and clean. He kept looking for any signs of the servants that he was sure the man would have, but it looked pretty empty.

The guy disappeared towards where Baekhyun assumed must be to call Zhang Yixing, so Baekhyun sat on the pristine white couch. When the boy returned, he didn’t have Zhang Yixing in tow, instead he had a glass of water in his hand, which he handed over to Baekhyun. He sat on the other side of the couch and interlaced his fingers, facing Baekhyun.

“Hey, um, could you go call Mr.Zhang? This is getting kinda creepy now,” Baekhyun asked cautiously.

“Well, Mr.Byun, I am Zhang Yixing,” the boy who just proclaimed himself to be the writer responded.

Baekhyun, who was peacefully gulping down the water provided to him, choked and spluttered his words when he heard this. His eyes widened as realization dawned on him.

“You’re the one who’s behind “The love between us” from all these years?”

“Yeah, I know I don’t really look like someone who you’d have been expecting. Anyways, I’ve seen the sheer amount of fanletters you’ve sent till now, so I do recognize your name.”

Really? That’s so cool! I’m still in denial that you’d have been so young, Mr. Zhang,” Baekhyun said, in wonder, finally accepting the fact that he was in front of the very man he’d come here to meet.

“You can just call me Yixing, we’re about the same age anyway,” Mr.Zh Yixing said with a smile, his dimples making an appearance.

“Okay Yixing. I’m sorry to be so blunt, but can you please let me meet the people who act on the show? I’m like the biggest fan!”

“Oh, about that, I’m sorry Mr.Byun but that won’t be possible.”

“Okay I know all about the mysterious vibe you want to keep around them, but I promise not to tell anyone about anything. I’m pretty good in keeping secrets,” Baekhyun said with confidence.

“I’m sure you are, Mr Byun, but-“

“Keep the formalities aside with me too, just’ Baekhyun’ is fine”, the shorter said with a smile.

“So Baekhyun, I’m sorry but there are some things that you can’t know, there’s no way you can do that,” Yixing said, with a regretful expression on his face.

“B-but I really want to meet them. Can’t you at least tell me anything about them?”

“I’m afraid that’s impossible. But I really appreciate all the support-“

“I love all of them so so much, and all I want to do is meet them and say how much I appreciate them and how talented they are. They’re always the ones that cheer me up on the worst of days. Is it really s-so I-impossible-“, Baekhyun trailed off, breaking out in unexpected sniffles, as emotions suddenly overwhelmed his rational thoughts.

Yixing looked lost on what to do, when the man in front of him began crying, with his hands covering his face and shoulders shuddering. He trudged forward and patted his back awkwardly, as he too realized just how much the show meant to people who watched it.

“I’m really sorry, but I can’t tell you anything at all,” Yixing said in what he hoped would be a comforting tone. Instead, the shorter just cried more, looking more upset than ever.

“Okay, okay, please calm down… I’ll let... You meet them.”

Baekhyun looked up in surprise as the words sunk in, “You will?” He almost yelled.

“Yes, but, there’s going to be certain conditions,” Yixing said with a serious expression.

“I’ll agree to anything,” Baekhyun nodded his head firmly.

“Firstly, you’ll go there for an entire day. Nothing more, nothing less. Secondly you have to promise to not freak out once you’re actually there, because you’ll l find out some.. stuff that I’m trusting you with. Thirdly, you’re not going to tell this to anyone, when you return.”

“So you’ll take me to the set? That’s like a bonus, I’ll definitely agree to all of those.” Baekhyun honestly didn’t understand why he’d have to go there for an entire day, but the thought of meeting these people clouded any suspicious thoughts that floated in his head.

Yixing actually looked surprised that Baekhyun had agreed to all of these without hesitation of any sort. He just shrugged and stood up, squaring his shoulders as he gestured Baekhyun to follow him.

“So, how far is the set? I’ve heard rumors that it’s far out in Europe, but I didn’t really believe that. Are you going to take me there?”

“The... uh.. ‘set’ is actually very near to my house, and I’m going to take you there now.”

Baekhyun quickly sent a text to Jongdae, just telling that he might not meet him for a week, as well as one to his parents who were vacationing in Jeju Island for at least a month.

Yixing took him further inside his house, towards a dark corner where there was a very ordinary brown door with tampered edges. Baekhyun looked at him with a confused expression, as he wondered if he was going to be kidnapped or something drastic like that.

“This door is like a path to the place where you’ll meet with them, and there are some things that you’re not supposed to talk about at all. I’m not going to explain much, you’ll understand when you get there. And you can leave your phone here; it’s not going to be of much use anyway.”

Baekhyun gave his phone to him, and he was starting to think that he was really going to be kidnapped. But he felt hypnotized, and something inside him told him to just follow his instructions and go with it.

Baekhyun opened the door until a hand behind him stopped him, “This is important, so listen carefully. Anytime you want to talk to me just go to the T.V and go to the channel between 11 and 12. You’ll have to meddle around while tuning it, but I’m sure you’ll be able to manage it, or I at least hope. Good luck, and just walk forward until you reach there.”

With that the same hand shoved him forwards and shut the door, Baekhyun turned back but suddenly there was only a wall in front of him, he turned around and walked forward like he was instructed to. By now, Baekhyun was completely convinced that he’d gone bonkers and that he was walking into some kind of a trap. He walked with a bit more fervor, until he finally saw a ray of light a few yards in front. He walked faster until he reached another door, with light filling in from the edges. He ran his fingers over the wood until he felt a bump. He pulled it harshly with a sense of urgency, there was blood rushing into his ears and his heart was pounding fiercely. There was a click as he opened it and there was-…… nothing. Not literally nothing, but there were no masked men or terrorists waiting for him there. He could immediately see a couch, a television, wooden walls all around, a cashmere carpet and heard unexpected silence. He walked forward with slow steps and looked all around, not sure about what he was expecting. There was another door on the far side of the room and he walked towards it, thinking that maybe he’d have more clarity once he went outside.

He opened it and stepped out, and saw a lush garden with trees on the far right corner of the alleged garden. It all felt a bit off. He was completely confused; Yixing’s house was in a well-known residential area, there was no way he could be led to this area which he’d never even seen before. He looked around for clues on how he’d be able to get out of the place, when he spotted something. Or rather someone, sitting on a chair, writing on a table set out on the garden on the other side of the fence.

Park Chanyeol. There was no mistaking it, that was him sitting there. Baekhyun felt a surge of emotions. He felt hugely relieved about the fact that Yixing was not lying after all. He felt euphoric on seeing his favorite person, the most talented actor right across the garden. He climbed over the fence, and approached the man.

“Excuse me?” Baekhyun asked with caution.

Chanyeol turned back and frowned at the stranger who had just disturbed him, “Who are you?”

Baekhyun forgot to reply as he stared at the one and only Park Chanyeol sitting right in front of him, he was really there in blood and flesh, just in front of him. His features looked so much more perfect in real life, his hair so much more smoother. He was shook out of his reverie when he noticed Chanyeol’s frown go deeper, and quickly replied, “I’m Byun Baekhyun! I came out here in the weirdest way ever, but I wanted to say that I am the biggest fan of you and your co-actors, y’all are just amazing, and could I have your autograph, if you don’t mind?”

Chanyeol’s expression remained blank, until he tilted his head with suspicion, “Is this a prank? Because it’s not very funny,” he deadpanned.

“I’m sorry? But a prank? I’m not pranking you,” Baekhyun said, now feeling like he was going completely crazy.

“Come with me,” Chanyeol said and grabbed Baekhyun’s elbow, pulling him roughly towards a building which Baekhyun aptly recognized as Chanyeol’s house. In the show, of course.

“Mom! Could you come out here for a sec?”, Chanyeol yelled as he dragged him towards the front door.

A woman came out, wearing an apron, who Baekhyun easily recognized as Chanyeol’s mother. But that’s only in the show!

“This random boy just came to me, spouting some nonsense, so is it okay if I took him to the police station?”

The police station? Baekhyun’s eyes widened as Chanyeol’s words sunk in. What the was going on?

“No, Chanyeol, give him a chance to explain”, Chanyeol’s mother quipped and then turned towards Baekhyun,”Is there somewhere you have to be? Who are you?”

Baekhyun’s mind started working fast, he had no idea what was going on, the sudden turn of events had him sweating, and he had to work his way out of this too. Maybe he should go with whatever was going on right now? What could he possibly say to get out of this situation? That’s when an idea came to Baekhyun.

“Don’t worry Mrs. Park! Do you remember when you would leave Chanyeol at his grandmother’s house at Busan for his summer vacations? Well I lived right next to them, and would play with him every day,” Baekhyun said with a guise of confidence he wasn’t really feeling and turned towards Chanyeol, “I’d greet him by asking if I could have his autograph every time for fun, So I figured that he’d remember it now too, turns out our little Yeollie forgot after all,” He said and lifted his fingers to pat Chanyeol’s head, realized halfway that he was too short to reach over there, so he settled for awkwardly patting his shoulders instead.

This wasn’t a complete lie at all, because he’d remembered the scene in episode 8 of the 1st season, where they’d shown a flashback of Chanyeol’s childhood, where he’d had a lot of friends when he would spend his vacations at his grandparents’ place. He could only hope that Chanyeol had indeed forgotten the faces of the children he would play with.

“Oh yes, dear! I heard about the bad news a few years ago. Chanyeol’s grandmother had told me about that. How are you?”

Baekhyun had made a very smart decision by mentioning the fact that he’d apparently lived right beside his grandparents’ place, because it had been shown in episode 4 of the 2nd season that the boy- who- had- lived there’s parents had unfortunately passed away. This also means that Baekhyun’s truth, which he also wasn’t sure of, wouldn’t be given away anytime soon.

He quickly put on a sad face, “I’m coping with it, Mrs. Park”, but little did Mrs. Park know that Baekhyun’s real parents were away vacationing while sipping martinis in Jeju Island.

Unexpectedly, the woman pulled him into a tight hug, filled with that aura of comfort that all mothers universally would seem to have. He could hear her heart beat, and feel her warm hands patting his back. This proved that she was real too, not some hallucination Baekhyun’s mind had created.

He pulled back and let out a small smile.

Chanyeol was being unusually timid next to him, “I’m sorry”, he muttered, with a guilty expression.

“It’s okay, just no worries, I shouldn’t have surprised you like that”

Mrs.Park rushed him inside, saying that he would absolutely need some refreshments after the long journey. Chanyeol apologized a bit more, also saying regretfully that he still couldn’t remember Baekhyun completely. Baekhyun kept reassuring them that everything was okay, and that he was happy to be here.

He felt inevitably terrible after lying so much to these people, but he also felt surprised on how smoothly he did it. Years of watching this show had definitely paid off in knowing about these people.

Show. Was this even a T.V show?

Are they not real life actors playing fictional characters?

Is this world he’s in at the moment real and not fiction?

What does Yixing have to do with all of this?

Yixing. That fellow he knew nothing about.

.

He had to figure this out.

After turning down Chanyeol’s offers of exploring the town, Baekhyun was finally left alone, as both Mr. and Mrs. Park had to go attend a community meeting too. Even though Baekhyun wanted more insight on what he had got himself to, and wanted to know if the rest of the town was in the same dynamic too, he had to turn down everything out of fear and caution. He could vaguely remember Yixing telling about the only way of communication, something about T.V. channels……

Yes, between the channels of 11 and 12, Baekhyun finally remembered. But he also realized the sheer strangeness about the statement. How was he supposed to find a channel BETWEEN the channels of 11 and 12?

He walked towards the hall in the house he knew so well, he’d watched it from years after all. He the television and flipped to the channel 11……the next one was 12. He’d been expecting some magical channel right in between, but even after many tries, he failed to find any other-worldly portal.

He felt completely defeated, and thought that the only solution left was to go back to the apparent ‘guesthouse’ he’d emerged out from, and find something there.

When he’d reached there, he looked for the door he’d got into this world from, but that one had disappeared as well. He should have expected that. He looked around the room in exasperation, and as he was about to slump down in utter defeat he noticed the television. Or more like, something about the television he hadn’t realized before, It was a very old 1980s’ model, with the tuning system that old television sets have. Perfect.

He quickly turned the television on, and tuned the knob to reach channel 11, with another twist he would get channel 12. There should be some trick, Baekhyun thought, this has to work. He closed his eyes as he worked on tuning it perfectly in the middle of the channels of 11 and 12. He could hear channel 11’s sports commentary, a buzz, then channel 12’s news reports, back to channel 11’s sports commentary then a slight buzz and…. An unfamiliar gentle melody. Baekhyun opened his eyes and saw Yixing’s living room on the television screen. It worked.

“Hello?” he called out towards the screen. He felt like a madman, trying to talk through a television screen. But he had to get back.

On the screen, there was slight movement on the corner, until a figure came into view. It was Yixing. Baekhyun nearly passed out from relief. “Oh hey, Baekhyun, Looks like you’ve reached safely. I’d thought you couldn’t figure this out. ha-ha”

“WHAT THE IS THIS, YIXING?”, Baekhyun shouted at the screen.

“Woah calm down, there. I wasn’t the one sobbing my eyes out to go meet the ‘actors’

“B-but you could have explained this to-“

“You know very well, you wouldn’t have believed me if I’d told you this in person Baekhyun-ah”, Yixing said.

“Listen, buddy, you have to explain everything to me. Right now. I mean it.”

“Okay I will, you deserve that much. So the house I’m currently living in was left to me by my late uncle, who was this really weird yet genius scientist. I found some of his journals in his room one day, and read about some strange things there. You see, I’m studying Astrophysics myself, so I could understand some of the things written there. I’d experimented with all this myself, and quickly realized there are parallel worlds that actually exist, but we have no idea about. This was quite the discovery, but I had no idea on how to actually convince people without sounding completely mental. I struck a deal with SMS media with a list of directors and producers, a completely made-up location for the set and all, and told them they’d be fixed for a long time if they signed with me. I’m the one who manages the broadcast timings and settings. Everything’s explained in the journals that my uncle left, believe it or not. We had it tested, and within a few days, it was a hit among the audience. I finally had a medium to divert all the energy gathered from this parallel world towards, and everyone in the country suddenly liked it very much,” explained Yixing, looking hopefully at Baekhyun.

“What. The. ?”

“Look I know it’s hard to believe. Heck, even I didn’t think it would work at first,” Yixing said, shrugging his shoulders.

“What did you even tell the people from SMS media to charm them so much? Like, whose names did you present to them regarding the alleged production of this?”

“Good question right there, be right back,” Yixing said, before getting up from the couch and disappearing into the house away from the screen. Right when Baekhyun had started to think that Yixing had abandoned him, he came back in the frame with a paper. He came close to his T.V screen and held up the paper in his hands towards it. “This is what I presented to them.”

Baekhyun squinted as he read what was written on it.

Writer: Zhang Yixing                                                                                                                                    Make-up Team: XBack co. ltd.

Director: Zhang                                                                                                                                            Set Manager : Xingmi

Assistant Director: Yixing                                                                                                                             Marketing Team: Slay and co.

Producer: Lay

Casting Director: Lay Zhang

Costume Designer: XingXing

Yixing pulled the list back after assuming that Baekhyun was done reading. He was met with a heavy look of disbelief on Baekhyun’s face with his mouth wide open. “Oh, If you’re confused, Lay is what everyone used to call me back in college at China,” Yixing said proudly, finishing with a smile, feeling sure that he’d cleared Baekhyun’s “slight” confusion.

“You’re telling me that they believed this bull? All the names are literally you!”, Baekhyun exclaimed, exasperated.

“You’d be surprised on how desperate SMS Media really was at that time; they were having a hard time with their rival channels.”

“Oh my god, people are such idiots sometimes,” Baekhyun said, flailing his hands everywhere.

“You can’t really blame them, because you were sobbing your heart out in my house a few hours ago too” Yixing added, with a hand on his mouth to muffle his chuckle.

“Whatever, I still feel like I’m drugged or something and that I’m hallucinating all of this. At least I’ll be out here by tomorrow; I’m just going to forget any of this ever happened… Anyway, where and how should I get out of here tomorrow?”

“……Well…. About that, I’ve not completely informed you about another thing Baekhyun,” Yixing said, looking everywhere except the screen.

“What is it now? Can’t be worse than discovering a huge scientific pothole that no one has ever known about before,” Baekhyun said, looking at the screen with narrowed eyes.

“It’s just that a day here is equivalent to a week in that universe. You must have noticed how there are time skips in the show, didn’t you realize that beforehand?”

“You mean I’m stuck here for a week? WHAT THE ACTUAL YIXING I’M GOING TO KILL YOU AS SOON AS I STEP FOOT THERE, BETTER WATCH OUT YOU FUC-“

“OH, Baekhyun, I just remembered that one urgent thing I had to do! Haha talk to you tomorrow,” Yixing said, before turning off the T.V from his side, turning Baekhyun’s screen blank, before he could protest any further.

Baekhyun cursed as he slumped down on the couch, letting out a sigh. No matter how much ever he tried to convince himself that all of this must be a very realistic dream, he couldn’t help but admit that everything that was happening was indeed real. Yixing was right; no one would believe either of them if they tried to tell anyone, they would have to experience it themselves.

He vaguely heard the sound of the house’s gates opening, and so he stood up and walked over to the window. He saw Chanyeol walking over to the house, and so Baekhyun quickly slid out through the backdoor of the guesthouse, as he was supposed to be inside the house. He quickly went over to where the other could be seen standing.

“Oh, hey, Baek-hyun? I’m sorry I keep forgetting your name, I’m just not familiar with it” Chanyeol said smiling, with a guilty expression, “Anyway what were you doing out here?”

“Uh, nothing, just roaming the very well-tended to garden.”

“My mom loves gardening, so she takes care of the garden quite well,” the taller added proudly.

I know that, I also know why she loves gardening, and at what time she does it daily, Baekhyun wanted to say but instead just answered with a “Really? That’s so nice.”

Whether right now was a dream, or a hallucination or some weird kind of magic Baekhyun didn’t know, but what he did know was that Chanyeol’s smile looked very much ethereal. It was so much better seeing it in real life, that Baekhyun couldn’t resist lifting his hand to poke the dimple that formed when the latter smiled.

“Is there something on my face?”,Chanyeol enquired with a frown, shaking Baekhyun out of his reverie.

“H-Haha no, don’t worry,” Baekhyun stuttered nervously, retracting his hands,”Hey, is that offer on exploring the town still up?”

Chanyeol nodded and took the house keys in his hand, gesturing to the door. Baekhyun happily got up and followed him, feeling something other than nervousness from hours.

He might be stuck in some place he had no idea about, but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t explore this world while he’s at it. Also if it was meeting some of the people he had loved from years together, with Chanyeol especially, it didn’t seem so bad after all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hello! So Exo's comeback is related to Parallel Universes too? That's so cool(〜^∇^)〜

What do you think about what you've read so far? Don't hesitate to comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts. It's going to be a three-shot story, and the next part is on its way ❤ (★≧▽^))★☆

Until next time~