The Rainy Beijing

The Rainy Beijing (Gerimis Di Beijing)

Junmyeon is pluviophile, a lover of rain. He just loves rain, among the thing that he loves to the most. He loves everything about rain , the feeling that he feel, whether it is soothing or heart breaking, the cold slightly sticky sensation when the droplet touches his skin, the white noise of rain when it hit the rooftop, the plain slightly salty taste of rain drop when it roll over at the corner of his lips, and the beautiful breath taking sorrounding when the rain descends to the earth. Rain is simply beautiful, in the soft, supple way that Junmyeon always love to see, its beauty never striking nor noticeable. As mudane as it seems, but Junmyeon loves how rain softens the outline of the things. The world becomes soflty blurred, he feels like he melt right into it. 

 

Junmyeon is a boring, dull type of person, he is someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy day. Junmyeon always misses rain, even subconsciously, he finds himself melancholicly sitting by the window, looking at the sky, waiting for the rain to shower the earth. Every night, he dreams only been filled with rain, and his rain. ​​​​​​He dreams that his rain and him kiss, dance or hold hands in the rain. The next day, he probably dream his rain and him just cuddle, have nice hot tea or hot bath together inside. And the next next day, he might shyly admit he dream he feels every part of his rain seeped into him as the other makes love to him. He doesn't want to wake up from this drawn nor he want this dream to be over. But the next morning, as strong sun ray grazes his eyes, his rain already dissolves into thin air, he no longer in his embrace. He is just a dream that been created by his subconscious mind, the cruel reality violently hits him hard. 

 

He always falls in love with rain, his rain, and no matter how much he feels hurt, he never feels regret nor sorry. His rain taught him what it is like to fall in love, heart wavers to feel alive and his rain also the only one who could make his heart real hurt, heart broken, shattered that he feels like he could never been fixed nor heal. Love for Junmyeon, is like rain, always feel like magical that come at unexpected time, place and person.  When ever the rain is wetting the earth, the nostalgic memories that he hold dearly come back to him, the bittersweet memories, and the corner of his lips curl upward smiling. It was always being in rain..it was raining when he first met his crush, his rain, it was raining when they shared their joyful moments together, and it was also raining, when he last saw his rain, breaking up their connection. Even till today, he believes that his heart has been drowning in his own pool of tears, he thought he could never able to see the green green grass by the river. He used to cry so much that he could no longer cry, but tears in his heart wouldn't stop, his heart is still silently crying. This moment, he already give up, he is no longer seeking for his own happiness. 

 

__________________________________________________

Tonight, the rain falls, quite gentle rain that taps against his window pane and calls him back from trouble sleep, to soothe his heart too numb to sleep. Junmyeon once again sits by the window, silently watches the rain from inside his room. Being too absorbed in cold, soothing air, his mind floats to The Great Land of China, the land where love in his heart pistillate even before the raining stop....

 

 

Every heart habours a love story...and this is going to be a tale of his love story...

His heart is in Beijing....The beautiful rainy Beijing.....

 

 

******

It was his first week in Beijing when he first met his rain. He was twenty one at that time.  Even just under a simple black umbrella, this young man was stunning, beautiful and dazzling that Junmyeon couldn't tear his eyes off. Far away from family, friends and comfort zone, Junmyeon felt alone and total stranger in foreign land. 

He was wandering around the city alone at that time when at certain moment, he didn't know how it happened, but the next thing he realized was he totally lost the orientation, feeling much astray in the ocean of people. In the early morning rush, no body was there to pay attention for a total stranger like him. The chinese always being diligent at work, extra hard working and fast moving foward people, he heard that a lot back then in his hometown in Korea. The rumour was no longer a rumour, it was a bitter truth that very much not in favour for his current miserable situation. Everyone seemed so busy with their own affair, not minding for anything else, the cycle of frantic seemed to be endless. He felt detached from the sorrounding, as if everything was moving foward against him, the only one who remain idle there....

voice stuck in the throat to even ask a simple question, lips felt too numb to even articulate fair amount of decent chinese. These plus his shy demeanour wouldn't help much, so he silently walked aimlessly, wandering around till he found one corner in the city, a bit far away from the crowd, to hide himself so that he can cry to his heart content. He easily cried when he was broken, he thought his own tears when he saw the droplets of water that stained the path he was currently sitting, shadding it into dark circle. When the spot that he eyed at became larger and there were more of them, only then he realized that they were not because of his own tears, but they had been poured somewhere from above. The rain hit his head, and he looked at the sky, the weather seemed to be as gloomy as his heart....- the grey coloured cloud appeared to cry even more, blended well with sadness looking of dark tainted sky. 

 

They said, the rain falls because the sky can no longer handle its heaviness, just likes tears, it falls because the heart can no longer handle the pain.....

 

And then, a few moments later, the rain fell heavier, showering him all over. Junmyeon never felt this miserable, but here he was, sitting all by himself, feeling outcast, helpless and hopeless. He was cold, hungry, wet and his tiny body was trembling against the frozen like sensation but he didn't know what to do except internally pray so that the rain would eventually stop. He was at impending doom when out of nowhere, he felt like suddenly stop hitting his head. 

 

Love comes at unexpected place....Beijing, of all place in this world, never in his slightest dream to fall in love at this Great Land of China. . .

 

at unexpected time, he hated rain..he dream to fall in love in bright, sunny day...and the gloomy weather like this was total paradox to what he had dream for.....but, now, in the glimpse of time, he thought he start to like rain even better....

 "Hey, cutie...don't cry. ." The calming soothing voice greeted his ears from behind. Despite being told not to cry, he cried even more. This time, he cried even louder, but not because of misery, he cried because he felt so grateful that he couldn't even say 'thank you' properly...and he sob heavier because mercy and kindness still did exist in this appear ruthless, cruel city. Junmyeom turned his head and slightly tilted it, he saw the black umbrella on top of him...and when his eyes dwelled on stranger's face hovering him....

 

and unexpected person....never across in his mind that ..it's possible to love another man....falling in love this hard. 

 

"My umbrella is just too big for one person, it say that it need another person to really make use of it..." Eagerness, warmth, and sincerity hinted in that calm, gentle voice of the stranger. His Korean was not perfect, but decent enough to make his heart went into flutter...Before he could even say a word, another's hand already took his, lifting him up from his crouching position. The chinese guy just sweetly chuckled when he figured out his brown coat had been soaked by Junmyeon's tears instead of rain. " It's okay...i've found you..everything gonna be fine...." he said while patting Junmyeon's head. 

 

That fateful day, the rain fell even harder...and Junmyeon found himself fell harder as well, with the guy who was more than willing to share umbrella with him. 

with the black umbrella guy...

with the one and only, his rain, secretly since forever.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

The stranger's kindness didn't stop there. Before Junmyeon even knew it, the same kindness, compassion and warmth rolled over the past two years of friendship, and that stranger was no longer a stranger to him. Like stream of river, that chinese young man never stopped his affection, it flows continously, making Junmyeon felt like Beijing was his own home. For Junmyeon....he was his everything, more than just a friend, more than just partner in crime...because in his heart, that black umbrella guy was his rain. 

Back then, Junmyeon and his rain were so closed, so closed that they were inseparable. His rain was an ace in soccer for their university, Beijing University, and Junmyeon was his good companion. The duo was an intergral part of Beijing Soccer team.  His rain shone, but Junmyeon would always be the reason behind it. The chinese always in habit to praise him, saying that he could not have score without Junmyeon besides him, and for Junmyeon, it was self satisfying to know how much he had been needed by the others. Despite not attract much their supporters attention, he didn't mind it at all, as long as he could be his rain shadow man, as long as he could be his rain backbone, and as long as his rain depend on him..that was what matter the most to Junmyeon. He could never be this proud- to be someone that his rain could rely on. They read each other's mind like an open book, they didn't really have to say anything when they were playing with each other. Just a simple nod, or faint smile that only them could decipher, but it was only a matter of seconds later, there we go, another 'goal' screaming celebration could be heard all over the field. For Junmyeon, he was always like forever being amazed by his rain even during their match. On field he was elegant, but at the same time strong, all at once - his movement was as graceful as liquid, he never thought his rain could be this powerful. Together, they made it to the final match of chinese university tournament. 

They met Shanghai University in the final, another god- tier team across the country. The 90 minutes match was tense and almost over, with score currently tied at 2-2, something to be expected afterall. Junmyeon and his rain looked into each other eyes, exchanging some meaningful glance. Their enemy probably already read their rhythm and they almost exhausted with trick, but somehow there were still something hidden under their sleeves - their true secret weapon yet to be revealed. 

It was mere five seconds left before the final whistle, they were at their opponent's side but his rain had been cornered by the rival players. It was tricky, his rain never been in wing position before, nor he showed any potential or skill to be in that position in any their previous matches. "This is our last match, we are going to win. We are going to use 'that trick' ..that's something inevitable against another power house. But I believe in you..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Beijing, a beautiful name for such a beautiful city. Rain seemed loved to pour down into this peaceful land, making everything became blurred, streets and sidewalks became liquid mirror onto which light and colour bleed. Sometimes Junmyeon wondered why ...sadness and beautiful didn't fit well in his ideal mind, but yet, this past four years residing in china, it just seemed right - Beijing changed his perception . Beauty did not always come with happy ending, it didn't have to. Beijing was a place that taught him, beauty could come in the form of mudane, melancholic feeling. Pain, hurt, heartbreaking could be something that beautiful....

 

They said most unrequited love story would ended tragically....

His heart utterly bleed, Beijing bore a witness of his tragic love tale.....

And that night, Beijing cried again...

 

"Jun, I want you to meet my girlfriend...." his rain said one day. Hearing those words, Junmyeon felt too numb that he couldn't even feel his own face. No..he internally screamed. He wanted to say something, but nothing came out. Too much emotional struck, he felt like choking his own unuttered words, he couldn't breath properly. Four years of friendship, but the chinese guy never said anything of having anybody special in his life nor Junmyeon ever saw he dating anyone before. He wanted to ask, but it was not the right to do, and the despair killed the curiosity all at once. 

Time froze, in torturous manner, everything seemed to move in slow motion. That was what Junmyeon felt. The emotional pain turned into physical pain - Junmyeon didn't feel all right at all. There was like a loud a sound at the back of his ears, whistling, dangerously threatening to burst his eardrum. 

"Jun, this is my girlfriend, Ha Mei Lin..." his rain introduced his girlfriend to Junmyeon.  "Mei- mei, this is my bestfriend, but more like my little brother, Kim Junmyeon...."