[2] Baekhyun's POV

twenty-three

THIS STARTS FROM WHERE BAEKHYUN WENT MISSING.

warning: violence

 

 

 

Baekhyun looks at the empty shot glass with his eyes crossed, his lips pursed and his fringe slightly drenched with sweat on his forehead. “Ahjussi!” he calls for the elderly, who’s managing the pojangmacha late at night, “Ahjussi, one more soju ple-“ Baekhyun got cut off as he hiccups then bursts into tiny fits of giggles right after.

 

He had already finished 4 bottles of alcohol, since he has low tolerance, he would always lay low on drinking since he gets too out of control when drunk. Like what he is right now. After Chanyeol had successfully ignored him, Baekhyun decided to eat in a pojangmacha near the city and since he was cold, he ordered just a bottle of soju but ended up drinking all four(and counting).

 

Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows together as he stands up and pushes his seat on the side to grab the smaller seat with a backrest for him to sit comfortably. The elder looks at the young boy worriedly but places the opened alcohol in front of Baekhyun, who now had his eyes closed. “You should go home now, young man, it’s almost 2 in the morning,” the concerned owner states, shaking his head when Baekhyun groans and shakes his head annoyingly.

 

I’m drunk. I’m drunk. I should go home. He thought, he wanted to stand up but his body isn’t cooperating with him, it’s like he’s stuck on the chair. “Byun Baekhyun?” Someone calls with a soft tone laced on his voice, Baekhyun turns to where he heard the man but keeps a scowl on his face, “It is you.”

 

Baekhyun sits up properly when the man, who looks like in his late 20s, hair similar to Chanyeol’s but it looks dry and ugly- so no it’s not really like Chanyeol’s, his hair is perfect, it suits him, he’s like a pr- Baekhyun quickly shakes his head when he started to drift off on the thought of Chanyeol. “Who are you?” The little one slurs, messily pouring the soju into the shot glass, then not hesitating to chug it down.

 

“Don’t you remember me?” The guy in his late 20s, with a hair like Chanyeol’s but in an ugly way, eyes a lot smaller than anyone else he knows and his voice was deep but not as deep and muscular as the officer’s. “I’m Kasper-“ The guy who calls himself Kasper, flashes a soft smile at Baekhyun, pouring another shot for the younger one, “-your dad’s friend.”

 

There’s something in Kasper’s voice that made Baekhyun shiver in a bad way, he feels like he’s in his sober state but his thoughts are going all around. He wanted to get up and call Chanyeol or Sehun to pick him up but then he wanted to stay just to see if anyone is even looking for him. But there’s this small side of him that he wants to stay because he wants to know more about this Kasper guy, he knows there’s something fishy about him.

 

“What’s your business with my dad?” For the first time in a while, Baekhyun’s voice was deep that the heavy darkness evident in his tone made Kasper nervous, “You talk to him and not me then,” He speaks up once more and before even the guy across from him can talk, Baekhyun added; “How did you even know me? I’m not friends with people like you,” The silver spoon had a disgust look plastered on his face, because it’s true, with the looks of Kasper, he looks like he hasn’t showered in days, and Baekhyun’s so-called friends back in Seoul are sons and daughters of elites.

 

“Listen kid, I am not friends with people like you too,” The older grits his teeth together and breathes in, trying to calm himself, “But I am friends with your father, and your father owes me big time,” His words sent daggers right in to Baekhyun’s chest, slowly making him weak, “The most famous CEO of Seoul forgot what he left here in Jeju,” And Baekhyun swear that he saw Kasper’s eyes darken, making him gulp down in nervousness, “And that’s me and my family, Byun Baekhyun.” He spats harshly at the younger one.

 

Baekhyun is scared, he’s so scared that he might faint, he wants to cry and shout for help when Kasper took him by his wrist and harshly drags him out of the pojangmacha, dropping his wallet on the  ground. “L-let go of me!” He pulls on his wrist as hard as he can but the older one is stronger, he turns to him with a glare, “P…please,” His tone turned soft, hoping it’ll work on the guy.

 

“If you scream, I will not hesitate to shoot you, right here,” The two of them saw a few passerby’s looking at them, so the older one wraps an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders, and the drunken Baekhyun tiredly drops his head to look down on the ground, “Follow me, and if you run away, I will kill your dear friends here,” and that got Baekhyun’s attention. “What are their names? Oh- the famous, Park Chanyeol, Oh Sehun and Kim Jongin? The three musketeers- how cute.”

 

With all his energy wasted, Baekhyun let Kasper hold his hand until they reach their destination. Baekhyun couldn’t sleep, but his head was dropping during the ride, he was nervous but he calculated his next moves for running away. Kasper took his phone away so the option of turning on his phone’s GPS isn’t going to work, next is to open the taxi’s door and jump out, but all they’re in a main road so he’ll end up getting hit by a vehicle. Option three was to punch Kasper first before telling the taxi driver that he’s being hostage, and last option was just to wish Chanyeol and the others were looking for him.

 

They reached an abandoned factory near a quiet village; it only took them 30 minutes to reach it. Baekhyun walks intentionally slow but Kasper drags him towards the entrance by his arm, “C-can you tell me what your business is with me?” Yes, he’s sober but his head is aching and all he wants to do is sleep, “I’ll give you how much money you want, please- I just want to go back to my hotel, I-“ With so much emotions filled him up, tears swells in his eyes but he shakes it off when Kasper wasn’t even looking or listening at him.

 

He hisses when the man continues to pull him until he dropped him into a small and dirty room, Baekhyun coughs loudly when dusts and dirt flew around because of the force when he fell. He knows what was coming now, it’s done. Baekhyun brings his legs up to his chest and buries his face on the middle of his knees, he cries quietly but due to his overwhelming state, he starts to scream his emotions out, making him a sobbing mess.

 

Maybe this is what’s best for me. No one likes me anyway. It’s not like anyone’s going to notice that I’m gone. It’s okay, Byun Baekhyun, you can rest now.

 

“Would it be nice to play with them?” A dark and hoarse voice are heard from outside of the room Baekhyun’s in, “I mean- let his father see him.”

 

Another one laughs bitterly, “Or let everyone see him, especially that officer Park, imagine his downfall when this get public.”

 

“Let’s see who actually cares for the son’s CEO,” The same one, who first spoke up, added. “It would be great if those three musketeers came, I would love to see the look on their faces.”

 

Baekhyun shivered and finally wakes up from his slumber, the room was closed, no windows but there are large holes on the ceiling, and he noticed that someone must’ve stole his fur jacket and shoes, since he’s left in his white shirt with his feet bare. Baekhyun notices something similar to a screen, shining brightly in the dark room, the young boy crawls towards it and with his eye squinted, he notices that it’s his phone.

 

His phone, Baekhyun almost fell when he quickly crawls towards it, and grabs it. With shaky fingers, he pressed on the home button after he missed a call from an unknown number. 85 missed calls from all sorts of numbers, a few were from Seulgi , his dad but most of the calls are from Chanyeol. Without hesitation but nervousness still in him, he pressed on whatever number flashes on the screen, he pressed the phone against his ear, needing to hold the phone with two hands.

 

“Chanyeol-“ Even without knowing who it was on the other line, it’s still the first name he could think about, “-help me.” He quietly breathes out, his eyes starting to swell with tears, and he couldn’t help but let out a dry sob.

 

“Tell me where you are,” The officer’s voice made a tug at Baekhyun’s heart, making the smaller one bring his hand up to his chest and grips it tightly, “What can you see? Where are you?” The concern Chanyeol has on his voice can be heard, hurting Baekhyun more.

 

The young boy looks around but all he can see is darkness, nothing but the small holes on the ceiling, “I-I don’t know, I don’t know, Chanyeol,” He’s scared, he’s so scared and all he want is to be in the officer’s arms. “The locked me in here, they plan to do something,” with that thought, it made the latter nervous, he crawls back to the corner and hugs his legs on his chest once more, “Chanyeol, please,” Tears are now loosely sliding out of Baekhyun’s eyes and onto his cheeks.

 

“Please tell me what you can see, Baekhyun, please,” Baekhyun squeezes his eyes shut, wanting to remember everything that happened a while ago. Flashes of him and a guy in a pojangmacha, a taxi, a road… and a factory.

 

“It’s a building- like- a factory-“ Suddenly, the door swings open making Baekhyun drop his phone on the ground, pretty sure, breaking it. His eyes widens at the two men, both wearing black shirts and pants, both are holding a hand gun that Baekhyun is eyeing with so much nervousness in his eyes.

 

“Great, we just wanted that, thank you for calling Chanyeol,” The bald guy with white beard crouches down in front of Baekhyun, who buries his face on his knees, whimpering quietly. The guy raises the gun and presses it against the spot beneath Baekhyun’s jaw, making the small one gasp and squeezes his eyes shut tightly. He lifts Baekhyun’s head up with it to look at him, the younger one keeps his eyes shut and tears continues to flow on his cheeks, “I always knew that the Byun’s son is handsome, but you look like more of your mother, Hyun-ah.”

 

With little confidence, Baekhyun slaps the guy’s gun away from his face and opens his eyes, a frown forming as his breath heavies, “Don’t ing bring up my mom to this-“

 

The guy chuckles a bit before stopping and harshly swings his gun, landing on Baekhyun’s cheek, making the young boy scream in pain and cries louder. The spot where the guy had slapped formed a huge scar on his face, blood started to form out of it, “You talk back and you’re dead.” The other guy speaks up, he didn’t bother to look up but based on his voice, he knows he’s as ugly as the other one.

 

Chanyeol will be here, he’s almost here to save you, Baekhyun. His thought gave him a little strength, so he stood up and grabs a hold of the bald guy’s gun, the guy was much stronger than Baekhyun but the adrenaline the young one has is a lot firmer than any others. “You’re a strong one, huh?” Baekhyun was startled when the guy pulls on the trigger, shooting it up and so he slowly loses his energy, knowing it’s a fight between 0 and 10.

 

Baekhyun pulls away, looking at the two with a glare, shakily breathing in while he wipes the blood from his face, “Tell me…” he starts off quiet and calm, before another set of tears wells up in his eyes, “Tell me, why are you doing this to me?”

 

The other guy, walking towards Baekhyun and scarily pokes his chest with the tip of the gun, “I’m sure you remember Kasper, right? Remember what he told you? About his family? Guess what Hyun-ah,” the guy’s breath gets heavy knowing his anger is rising up, “I’m Kasper’s father, and your dearest and sweetest father left a huge scar in my family.” Baekhyun was about to protest and defend his father but the guy presses the gun deeply on his chest, right onto his heart, “My wife had a debt to your father, but you know how she paid for it?”

 

The guy continues to send daggers on Baekhyun’s scarred face, because the guy sees his father’s face instead of Baekhyun’s, “She got killed. By your own sweet father.”

 

No. Baekhyun quickly shakes his head and backs away from the both of them, he presses his hands against his ears and slides down on the floor, his knees had given up on him. They’re brainwashing you, Baekhyun. Don’t listen to them. Chanyeol will be here, wait for him, Baekhyun.

 

The guy continues as he watches the young boy crumble on his feet, just like what he wants, “Your family threatened us, and our clan for years just so we keep these to ourselves. Your life is a joke, Byun Baekhyun.”

 

The bald guy walks towards Baekhyun, who’s now crying loudly on the ground, gripping his ears in his hands, and mumbling “Stop” over and over again, “No one ever loved you, Hyun-ah, no one will ever miss you when you’re gone.” The bitter words were still heard by Baekhyun, instead of ignoring it, he believed them all. His heart is numb from the shots fired by their words, he felt as if he had died already but he just continues breathing for the sake of his physical body.

 

Chanyeol loves you. Baekhyun quickly shakes his head and cries out once more, punching his own chest with his fist harshly. Then as if Baekhyun got hypnotized, he stood up quickly and slaps the bald guy across his face and punches him right after, his knuckles hurt but he does it again when they’re both startled. Baekhyun eyes the phone on the far corner of the room, but before he could run, a hand stopped him, then pulls him back, making him collide on the wall harshly. “Where’s your Chanyeol now, huh?!” Kasper’s father shouts angrily and pulls the trigger towards Baekhyun, but the bullet shoots past the younger one.

 

Baekhyun had his eyes wide, because of the bullet and, now, because of the tires from the outside. They’re here. Baekhyun’s near the door, I’m free.

 

Chanyeol, you came. His thoughts were too happy, he didn’t even realize the two men locking their guns, one already run outside to meet up with the rest for them to face the officers, while the other one points the gun at Baekhyun.

 

The young one stood up without looking at the bald guy in front of him, he’s too focused to go out of the room and see Chanyeol, finally.

 

As if the following events happened in slow motion, the guy had pulled the trigger, the gun quickly landing onto Baekhyun’s chest while he was standing up. Baekhyun fell down on his hands, his eyes wide as he sees blood dripping out of him and to the ground, his vision is getting blurry, arms and legs gave up, roughly falling back on the ground. His hand grips on his wounded chest, while his other hand’s stretched out towards the door.

 

I knew this was going to happen. A smile crept towards his lips, while heartbreaking tears drops on the dirty floor. You made me happy, Yeol. I know you loved me as much as I love you. Thank you, my prince. Even if we’re too late to love each other.

 

-END-

 

a/n: i have nothing against kasper! i love that guy! please remember that everything here is FICTIONAL and if i ever offended some of you bc of the names then i'm really really sorry. those who surrounds exo are v nice people and i love all of them!!

 

PLEASE LEAVE VOTES AND COMMENTS! THANK YOU!