You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed
Please log in to read the full chapter

2002

“Nini, come here” said her mother.

“Mommy!” 7 years old Jennie shouted and threw herself at her mother neck.

“You’re so tall already!” said her mother “Come. I want to tell you something”.

“What do you want to tell me mom?” asked Jennie.

“Something very important” said her mother with smile.

They both sat on the couch. Little Jennie on mama's knees.

“Nini. Listen to me now carefully. Remember that mom and dad love you very much and would do anything for you. But sometimes Mom and Dad can not show you the way they want. You are the most important person in our hearts for us. Remember we both love you very much. Remember that what is essential is invisible to the eye” said her mother.

“What is essential is invisible to the eye” repeated Jennie.

“We want to spend free time with you Nini, because you are important to us”

“Mom and dad are important to me too” said Jennie with smile.

“And here you have a gift from us” said her mother.

“A book?” asked Jennie.

“Yes. Very special book” said her mother.

 

2003

“No! No! No!” she screamed “I don’t want to be here! I want my mom!”

Jennie's screams were heard behind the door of the small room. For an hour or so she cried and cried, but no one came to fulfill her wish.

“It was a real massacre” said social worker “There was blood everywhere. And the little one was found under the bed of her parents in the puddle of their own blood”.

   

“That’s awful!” shouted Director of the orphanage “I’ll have to send her to therapy. Such a small girl, and she had to witness such cruelty”.

 

2006

It's been three years since Jennie was in the orphanage. And although she was a pretty girl nobody wanted to adopt her. Jennie rarely spoke and she always spent her free time alone. Nobody ever saw a smile on her face. But everyone knew that they could not touch her book. Damaged, dirty book.

One day when all the children from the orphanage were on a trip besides Jennie, a new girl arrived. The director took care of her documents and told her to look

Please log in to read the full chapter