Rise & Shine

In Your Dreams [Jeon Jungkook]

Chapter One

💠 Rise & Shine 💠

 

In the midst of a once clear night, large nimbostratus clouds hovered over a small town in wait. As the people laid in slumber, they began to start their cycle anew, raining in slow crescendo. Trees rustled and swayed in a graceful chorus, the shuffling resounding off of each of their damp branches. The air was salty and humid, with wide range blasts of wind to accompany it. The size of the raindrop was ridiculous as well, you could say they were about the size of a standard soft ball. As it got louder, the rain began to sound like soldiers who were out of unison.

At the peak of the volley, a considerably potent noise was heard, resembling that of banging pots and pans. The first was a mild, distant clap. Whereas, the second, so big it shook the before calm suburbs.

If you went into one of the streets, you would see an average sized house of a creamy white, with standard black trim and grey roof tops. The door would stand out especially, being a brilliant crimson red.


If you faced the door and you looked to your left, you would peer onto a light flicker on a yellow hue in a boxy window. If you went toward the light, you would view a seemingly teen-aged girl. She would have an unreadable expression, so you would have to look a bit closer and a tad longer. But it wouldn't be enough, because she would soon switch the light off and climb back into her bed.

Let's just agree that it wasn't the perfect night to get the perfect sleep to begin a perfect school year the next morning.

This girl's name was Min Jiyeon. She was just about to begin high school in a few short hours, but had the misfortune of storms upon that very night.

It wasn't the first time she'd been awoken from her sleep. In fact, she has done so thrice before the thunder. Once because of worry, second because of a horrid dream (in which she arrived to the school in nothing but undergarments), and third because she had fallen from her mattress.

What was just as unfortunate as her sleeping issues, was that her alarm went off only thirty minutes after the loud bang that was the thunder.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Urgh...." she groaned, slapping the little grey rectangular box repeatedly until she found the off switch.

She rolled over, rubbing her eyelids. She opened them slowly, and peered at her digital alarm clock.

6:02 a.m., the clock read.

She then pushed her black bangs out of her eyes, revealing beautiful brown orbs, with dark circles under her eyes of morning drowsiness.

Jiyeon rolled over with a grunt, her legs like jello as she began the first steps toward her dresser.

Pulling out the third drawer down, she pulled out her new uniform. On a scarlet blazer there was an intricate lion embroidered onto the left pocket, as well as onto the end of the black tie they were issued. She pulled on a white button up shirt and then her crimson skirt, tucking the shirt beneath it. Slipping on the blazer, she spotted her tie and pulled it into place.
She sleepily grabbed her hair brush, running it through her matted hair. She parted it on the left, causing her bangs to poof upward, which she quickly tamed with some water.

She hastily grabbed her curling iron, sectioning her hair, putting them into loose ringlets.

She was ready. Or at least she looked ready. Adjusting her blazer in the mirror, she shut her drawer and made her way out of her bedroom.

Past her room door were stairs leading down to the first floor, her mother cooking in the kitchen.

She looked at the time.

6:54 a.m.

How does time pass by this quickly? she thought.

Jiyeon jumped as another roll of thunder rumbled through the house, snapping her from her thoughts.

"Good morning, Jiyeon-ah!" said Jiyeon's mother, Soohyun. She stood over a burner frying eggs.

"Morning, Eomma!" beamed Jiyeon, hugging Soohyun's side. "How are you?"

"I'm well, Ji," she smiled. "Will you wake your slug of a brother?"

Jiyeon giggled, "Yes Eomma."

She then jogged out of the kitchen and back up the stairs, turning left from her bedroom door and toward her brother's.

She placed her hand onto the handle, twisting and pushing quietly. She sauntered straight to the window curtains, throwing them open. She stomped to his bed and shouted, "WAKE UP!"

He sat up and scratched his black hair, death glaring Jiyeon. "You little--"

"Oppa! Eomma doesn't like it when you curse!" she reminded.

"Aigoo, Jiyeon," he sighed.

"You need to get up and dressed for school, Yoongi-Oppa," she said, crossing her arms and shifting weight to her left leg.

"Fine, fine. Just let me sleep this weekend," Yoongi said, looking up to see Jiyeon gone.

Meanwhile, downstairs at the breakfast table, Jiyeon sat with her mother and father, eating breakfast kimchi noodles.
"Appa, how was your rest?" she asked.

Hwayoung smiled, "Excellent, Jiyeon-ah."

"Ji," said Soohyun. "Where is Yoongi-ah?"
Just then, Yoongi zipped down the stairs and sat at the table.

"Good morning, Eomma. Appa," said Yoongi, combing his hair with his fingers. He sat down in his chair, shoes already on, and bag in his back.

"Morning, son," said Hwayoung. "Eat. It's already 7:30."

"Mianhae, Appa," Yoongi apologized, stuffing his breakfast down fast. "Thanks for the food, Eomma."

"You're welcome, Yoongi-ah," she beamed. "Just don't wear your shoes in the house. It damages the carpet..."

"Mianhae, Eomma," he bows.

"We should leave for school, Oppa," said Jiyeon, picking her bag off of a hook and slipping her shoes on. "See you after school, Eomma and Appa."

"Bye Jiyeon-ah! Have fun at your new school! Make new friends!" shouted Soohyun as Yoongi and Jiyeon made their way out of the house. "Make good choices Yoongi-ah!"

"Bye Eomma!" Yoongi and Jiyeon reply in unison. "Bye Appa!"

- - -

Sorry for the really (really really) late update. Been having phone issues and no access to wifi. Fun, right? It's also really short, so sorry about my crappy writing skills. Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter. Keep looking out for the next!!