Final

Now we're official

One month is obviously not a long time. It may sound like it, but in fact, this “one month” can pass very fast even before you notice it.

 

However, this may not be the case for Jaehyun.

 

Because the last one month feels just like one year to him.

 

A month ago, Jaehyun somehow managed to confess to Si Cheng successfully, and they proceeded the “get to know each other” stage.

 

Why they have to get to know each other? Because being lovers is way too different than being friends, there are things you can’t do to each other as friends, so they need to understand each other as lovers, well… maybe soon-to-be lovers.

 

At that time, Jaehyun thought this wouldn’t take too much time, maybe one week or two, but until now Si Cheng still doesn’t seem to want to start. However, Jaehyun doesn’t want to urge his friend because he wants Si Cheng to be the one to decide on their future relationship. If Si Cheng doesn’t want to, Jaehyun won’t force him, the two still has nothing official anyway.

 

But saying Jaehyun doesn’t expect Si Cheng to agree is totally lying.

 

Just when he thinks only this problem is bad enough, this morning Jaehyun saw Si Cheng talking with a guy and they seem very close. Since the day he knew that he likes Si Cheng, he found in himself an ability to subdue almost all his feelings, but now, not anymore. Just like right now, his frowning face is making his friend scared a bit.

 

“You look horrible, what’s up with you?”

“Jealous.”

“With who? The guy talking to Si Cheng this morning?”

“Obviously.”

“Then you don’t have to worry about that. I, Xu Ming Hao, can make sure your Si Cheng is safe with that guy.”

 

Jaehyun just humphs, how the hell can his friend guarantee about this while even he isn’t sure if he can keep Si Cheng by his side.

 

“But who is that guy anyway?”

“His name is Junhui, living in the room next door.”

“Then why you and even Si Cheng have anything to do with a guy next door, and not mention why they get so close like that?”

“We play games together, there’s a popular one recently though.”

 

Even when hearing his friend say that, Jaehyun is still a little annoyed. Do you have to talk and laugh as if you were best friends since forever like that just because you play games together?

 

But Jaehyun doesn’t want to think about this morning anymore, it’ll only make him more annoyed.

 

============

 

On that day, when receiving the confession from Jaehyun and listening to all his thoughts, Si Cheng felt that he needed to give himself and his friend a chance, so he suggested they should learn more about each other. Actually, this was just an excuse for him to have more time to think and learn what his emotions are. When he knew he was the cause for Jaehyun’s sad expression, he immediately felt something very strange inside. Maybe he was just feeling guilty, but Si Cheng didn’t think it was the only feeling.

 

But now, Si Cheng has somehow managed to know what his feelings were. He doesn’t know how much he learned about Jaehyun for the past month, but he thinks maybe he likes Jaehyun now. Maybe it was because of the times Jaehyun cared about him, maybe it was just the times he held his hand when they walked on the street or hugging him tightly after their “dates”, but it can also be all of those things.

 

Si Cheng wants to respond to Jaehyun’s confession, but he doesn’t know how to do it. Because of this, he feels rather confused and at the same time, he feels this is unfair for Jaehyun. He knows the other guy was expecting an answer, and he doesn’t want him to be sad. And he thinks it’s gonna be difficult to try to figure out some ways by himself so he decided to seek help from Taeil, that’s why he’s at Moon Café right now.

 

“So you say you have feelings for Jaehyun now?”

 

Si Cheng nods.

 

“Then tell him.”

“It’s not that easy, you know.”

“How can I know? I never dated anyone before, so sorry, can’t help you.”

 

Si Cheng let out a sigh. If even Taeil doesn’t know how to help him, then who can? When he thinks he’s gonna be stuck forever, suddenly one of the people working in the café appears from nowhere, sits down next to Taeil and speaks to him.

 

“I heard you want to confess to someone, right? I can help.”

 

Si Cheng feels quite confused about the guy in front of him, but he seems to know a lot about this kind of problem so he talks back.

 

“It’s not really a confession, but kind of, I think.”

 

Before that guy can continue, Taeil gives him a kick and he falls to the ground.

 

“Lee Seokmin, what can you help when you don’t know about the situation? By the way, don’t you have works to do?”

“Please, I know everything in this café. And there are not so many customers anyway, Mingyu can handle by himself.”

 

Not letting Taeil say anything, Seokmin quickly gets back on the seat and continue the talk with Si Cheng.

 

“This kind of thing isn’t actually difficult in my opinion. First, you have to think about every single word you need to say and practice saying them, just like when you practice for a presentation, get it? The next thing is the place you will confess, I suggest a place with a romantic atmosphere, then you will look straight into the other’s eyes, and say your prepared words with all your heart, that’s it. The most important thing is your confidence, no hesitant, got it?”

 

Another kick comes from Taeil right after Seokmin finishes, followed by his “loving” words.

 

“Wow, a forever alone guy giving love advice, how incredible scene. Finish talking right? Now if you don’t get back to work then your salary this month will be very very low I swear.”

 

As for Si Cheng, he sees what this Seokmin guy said sounds quite reasonable. Taeil can’t help him anyway, so he thinks it won’t hurt listening to this guy. Si Cheng decided to prepare himself as best as he can, and he won’t let Jaehyun down.

 

============

 

Today, Si Cheng asks Jaehyun to a familiar café. Not Moon Café, but the place where Jaehyun confessed.

 

The fact that Si Cheng asked him out first makes him confused, and the place of the date only makes him more confused. He thinks Si Cheng has something to say, but why at this café? Could it be that… he wants to refuse? But… if he refuses Jaehyun here, at this café, isn’t it bit cruel? No, definitely not. Probably Si Cheng just wants to make a normal date as they always do.

 

About 5 minutes later, Si Cheng arrived. Wait, what is that Junhui guy doing here, and why he’s coming with Si Cheng? All that talking and laughing makes Jaehyun super annoyed.

 

After seeing Jaehyun, Si Cheng says goodbye to the guy walking beside him and walks towards his friend. Seeing Jaehyun’s expression, Si Cheng think he’s upset about something, maybe because of his late arrival so he apologizes right away.

 

“Sorry for being late, are you mad?”

“You come here with that guy?”

“Who? You mean Junhui? I met him at the door so we come inside together.”

 

If Si Cheng says so, Jaehyun won’t bother to ask anymore. But he still feels quite annoyed with it. In such a vague situation, he feels like he can lose Si Cheng anytime because there is no guarantee that Si Cheng will have feelings for him. And although he doesn’t want to, Jaehyun must admit he doesn’t have much confidence to make Si Cheng fall in love with him, what he did in the past month was showing Si Cheng all his love, which he couldn’t do for 2 years.

 

As for Si Cheng, he is very worried right now. Even though he’s already been fully mentally prepared for the past week, but now sitting face to face with Jaehyun, all his confidence suddenly flies away. Besides, Jaehyun doesn’t look very happy now, and he doesn’t know if it was because of him or something else, which makes him more worried. But Si Cheng has to do this anyway, no more delay, so he takes a deep breath, tries to be as calm as possible and begins to speak.

 

“Jaehyun ah, I have something I have to tell you.”

 

Jaehyun’s heartbeat begins to increase just after Si Cheng’s words. He starts to panic, what if what he thought earlier is gonna happen?

 

Jaehyun doesn’t say anything, he just looks straight at the other guy as a sign for him to continue. Though he doesn’t show it, he’s really worried inside. Si Cheng also seems to understand what his friend means so he continues.

 

“In the past month, I could see how strong and sincere your feelings toward me are, and before I could notice, I somehow didn’t see you as a friend anymore. I know you were expecting an answer, and I don’t want to make you sad or keep you waiting no more, so now I want to say this.”

 

Si Cheng paused a bit, which only makes Jaehyun’s heartbeat go faster. Every single word from Si Cheng, Jaehyun hears them very clearly, and those words make him look forward to what the other is about to say even more.

 

“Jaehyun ah, I… sincerely want to be your lover.”

 

Yes, this is what Jaehyun has been waiting for so long. Right now, all he can feel is extreme happiness. He’s happy that all his worries can finally go away, and that he is now able to officially call Si Cheng his lover. Jaehyun smiles brightly, gently grabs Si Cheng’s hand and speaks to him with all his loving in his voice.

 

“Thank you, Si Cheng, for giving me a chance to make you happy.”

 

Si Cheng also smiles back at him, the atmosphere around them feels like it’s filled with the color of love. Jaehyun can’t help but lean forward and put a kiss on Si Cheng’s cheeks, making the other guy embarrassed.

 

“Don’t do that, there are many people here, you know?”

“I don’t care, we’re official now, remember? From now on, you’re mine and only mine.”

 

All Jaehyun knows about right now is Si Cheng and only Si Cheng. And he promises himself that he will forever remember today, the day he can call Si Cheng his lover.

 

Jaehyun and Si Cheng, starting from this moment, officially become the other half of each other.