First Impressions

Déjà vu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you don’t need glasses?”

It’s only when the concern is voiced once again that Seulgi stops squinting, shaking her head in embarrassment, “Ah, yeah, yeah. Sorry it’s just a bad habit.”

While her statement was true, it wasn’t the complete truth as to why she couldn’t stop suspiciously inspecting the woman sitting adjacent to her. She might not have the best memory but something about her date is oddly familiar.

The endearing nervous chuckle that breaks the silence has Seulgi softening, the purple haired woman has been trying to make a good impression all night and all the college student has been doing is examining her.

To save her date from chuckling at nothing Seulgi decides to press on, “So, Irene, how exactly do you know Seohyunnie?”

“Ah, we went to college together and we both had the same major but we actually didn’t become friends until we worked together at the same company. Crazy right?”

Seulgi melts once more at the childlike excitement emitting from her classy looking date. The brunette had no idea on whether Irene showing her childish side was due to nervousness or comfortableness but she was enjoying it.

“That is quite strange but I expect nothing less from Seohyun”

“Yeah I know what you mean, how did you meet her?”

“We grew up together but I hardly see Unnie these days because she’s so busy spending time doing everything but visit me.”

The younger girl pouts at the realisation that she hasn’t seen her older dear friend for too long, the latest conversation that took place was regarding the very date she’s experiencing now.

Seulgi recalls Seohyun telling her about the ‘cute’ girl she works with and Seulgi makes a mental note to beat the older woman up later because this Irene girl was more than just cute. She had that kind of beauty that leaves you breathless but also wondering if you’ve seen her face somewhere before.

Maybe it’s just Seulgi because her date doesn’t show any signs of recognition towards her and the younger girl is sure that she’s never met an Irene before today.

She lets go of her theories and focuses on enjoying the date, soon the conversation naturally flows and the brunette finds herself liking more and more of Irene’s personality with each piece of information she receives.

“So are you nervous about graduating?”

The waitress has just finished clearing the table so Seulgi can no longer distract herself by playing with the plate when she finds the older woman too overwhelming to look at. With no choice but to focus fully on the older woman Seulgi can barely answer with the way she has Irene’s full attention too.

Irene waits for an answer patiently with her chin resting comfortably on her palm, leaning on the table with an endearing smile etched across her pretty face.

The nervous gulp she takes before answering doesn’t help her case at all, “Not really, I have a few more months left before graduation time too, so…”

The unfinished sentence hangs awkwardly in the air before Irene speaks again.

“It might be months away but trust me, the last year of college flies by so fast, I can’t remember half of the things that happened during my senior year.”

“Are you sure that wasn’t due to growing older?” the brunette jests.

She freezes in fear of the older girl’s reaction, unsure if she would have offended her by joking about age, from what she heard from Seohyun her date doesn’t like to be reminded of s, it was some sort of trigger apparently.

To Seulgi’s surprise once again brushes off her nervousness with a light hearted laugh. It’s obvious that the purple haired woman has taken a liking to her but Seulgi can’t help still feeling a little on edge - like she has to prove herself worthy to Irene.

“I know the temperature is dropping at night lately but would you like to go on a little walk? I have a jacket and the lights in the park are pretty when it gets darker - unless it’s too dark for you then we can rearrange for another time that’s cool an-”

“I’d love to Seulgi.”

The brunette really is trying to fight of her inner thoughts screaming at her that she doesn’t deserve this treatment from the older woman, her eyes are practically dripping with honey for the younger girl and it’s making her go crazy.

Her worries subside for a while once more when the now obviously shorter girl intertwines their hands during their small walk, softly relating interesting facts about the park’s history before the pair settle on a bench not far from the park’s street lamp.

After the brunette contributes to the conversation by telling Irene a story of how she fractured her ankle playing on her friend Amber’s skateboard for a dare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter