Final

He scored.

        Kyungsoo was furious. It was hot out, Baekhyun was a fraud, the soccer game was growing on him, not to mention there was an attractive male at his side who was screaming in his ear every second.

 

        Here’s the backstory. His now ex best friend, had tricked him into coming to this awful soccer game.

 

        “For what?”, you ask. For Baekhyun to see his precious Chanyeol.

 

        Baekhyun here, told him there was going to be a literature convention out in the fields. He should’ve known better. The Literature Club usually holds their convention at the library.

       

        The minute Baekhyun and Kyungsoo arrived, Kyungsoo backtracked and tried pushing his way out. He knew once he saw the bleachers halfway filled, he was fooled. Unfortunately for Kyungsoo, Baekhyun managed to use his whole body force to fling him back to the line. He also managed to threaten Kyungsoo to stay for the whole game. Kyungsoo didn’t want everyone at school to know he slept with miniature Pororos.

 

It can’t be that bad, it’s just like, an hour. Kyungsoo thought at that time.


 

        So now, here he was, regretting what he said. He was slightly sweaty, and entranced in a game that he at first had no interest in. The game was in it’s last minutes and Baekhyun was at his left gushing about Chanyeol’s beautiful and muscularly long noodle legs. To his right, was the most hyped up and passionate person, possibly the loudest of all the people in the bleachers. The male was also the most attractive, most handsome, and the most y person Kyungsoo had ever seen. But Kyungsoo wouldn’t admit it, if you asked him.

 

“What’s the score?”, Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun.

 

“What?”, Baekhyun said with disinterest. He didn’t bother to look over at Kyungsoo.

 

“I said, what’s the score?”

 

“Uh huh, yeah. I agree completely.”, Baekhyun nodded. Kyungsoo assumed he was too into Chanyeol to care at this point. He had no choice but to ask his loud seat neighbor.

 

 

Sighing, Kyungsoo turned to his right.

 

“Uhm, excuse me?”, Kyungsoo asked.

 

“...”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

 

        Kyungsoo tapped his arm to get his attention instead.

 

Wow, his arms are, they’re nice...

 

Startled, the male turns.

 

“Yes?”, he replied. His eyes are a little wide. He was clearly a little caught off guard.

 

If Kyungsoo thought his side image was attractive, oh dear, he was so mistaken. Kyungsoo thought his whole face was carved by the angels. He didn’t know such an attractive being could even exist.

 

“U-Uh, yeah, I just wanted to know the score, sorry.”, Kyungsoo answered sheepishly. His cheeks began to tint with a rouge hue.

 

“Oh, right now it’s-” he suddenly looks to the field.

 

        Kyungsoo begins hearing small gasps of tension. All of the bleachers are thrumming in anticipation. Even Kyungsoo looks to the field. One of the players on their team is close to the goal. Kyungsoo recalls his name being Sehun. Very slowly he begins to kick the ball in front of him. Kyungsoo feels something grab him on the shoulder, as the suspense hits. He brushes it off, too encaptured in the soccer game. Right as he feels a breath hit his lips, Sehun makes it in.

 

He scored.

 

 

Kyungsoo sits in shock for a few seconds until he feels someone abruptly shake him and drag him to his feet. He looks up in astonishment.

 

“IT’S 2-1, IT’S 2-1” The handsome male answers with a shout. His eyes are blown wide, a beautiful smile of glee taking over his face.

 

        Before he can reply he feels arms wrap around him in a hug. Kyungsoo gasps in surprise. He instinctively hugs his seat neighbor back.

 

“We won! We won!” The male exclaims in joy. He hugs Kyungsoo tightly while rocking and shaking him back and forth. The neighbor feels laughter escape his lips.

 

        Kyungsoo begins to laugh along with him. The moment is so absurd yet endearing. He feels happy. Kyungsoo begins to take in smell of chocolate and honey, he takes in the feeling of warmth, excitement. He’s never felt such a thrill. It’s as if his neighbor has infectious passion and elation.

 

 

        Meanwhile, Baekhyun looks to his left. He sees his best friend hugging Jongin.

 

    I knew something would happen. Baekhyun thought with a sly smile along his lips. He had seen the way Jongin was subtly glancing at Kyungsoo the whole game, Kyungsoo oblivious to it all. He also knew Kyungsoo was trying not to glance at Jongin. He chuckled to himself, it seems he had made the right move in ignoring him. Steadily he started walking down to the field. He needed to go see his Yeol.

 

        Finally separating from the hug, Kyungsoo and Jongin realized what they did. They both had a blush on their face, shy smiles are prominent on their lips.

 

 

        Jongin cleared his throat. “S-sorry, I didn’t mean to. I just got a little excited.” He felt flustered seeing the beautiful boy. He had seen him around campus but was too shy to approach. I guess you could say Jongin had a little crush for the cute male who would scurry to his classes, books in his arms.

 

“Yeah, it’s-it’s okay, uhm ?”

 

 

“Jongin, my name is Jongin.”

 

 

Jongin

   

 

“Oh, my name is Kyungsoo.”

 

 

           They both smiled sheepishly. Both males in awe of each other.

 

Jongin rubbed the back of his neck. “Say, would you maybe uhm l-like to go out for coffee sometime, or just to a cafe?”

 

 

Kyungsoo internally smiled with mischief.

 

 

“No”

 

“Oh, I mean that’s okay, yeah. I’ll just..uhm leave now.” Jongin said, looking down. He was sad, but he knew he would just have to accept the rejection. Jongin turned to leave.

 

Kyungsoo hurriedly reached out to grab his hand. Jongin looked at their hands in surprise, he looked back up at him.

 

“I meant, only if it’s a date.” Kyungsoo said with his heart-shaped smile.

 

            Jongin smiled and reached out to ruffle Kyungsoo’s hair. He felt so delighted. He almost thought he didn’t have a chance with the adorable male.

 

“Of course.”

 

“By the way Kyungsoo, why didn’t you just look at the scoreboard?”

 

           Kyungsoo felt his cheeks warm once again, this time in embarrassment. He quickly reached out to cover them. Jongin seeing this, outstretched his arms to grab his hands.

 

 

“It’s okay, look, I’m blushing too”, Jongin proved his point by putting Kyungsoo’s hands on his cheeks. This only served to make Kyungsoo blush even more.

 

    He’s so cute

 

    Unable to wait any longer, he takes Kyungsoo by the hand.

 

“C’mon Soo, we’re going on that coffee date.”

 

While both of them were going down to the field to exit, a flush in their faces. Baekhyun throws them an encouraging thumbs up along with a certain giant. Once Baekhyun sees them leave he turns to Chanyeol.

 

“I told you Park, now give me those ten dollars. We’re going on a date next time too.”

 

Maybe Baekhyun The Fraud wasn’t a fraud after all.