Smudged lips and lined eyes

Smudged lips and lined eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baekhyun loves makeup, the colours, the process, the results. Jongdae isn’t opposed to it.

“You look nice with eyeliner and all,” he says one day when Baekhyun asks.

“Just nice?” Baekhyun jabs him and Jongdae pokes his boyfriend back in the side.

“Very nice,” Jongdae concedes and Baekhyun preens. But then he adds, “I’m sure I’ll look better with makeup,” just to , and it seemed like Baekhyun takes that as a challenge, because the next thing Jongdae knows, he’s made to sit in a chair with products worked into his face.

“Stop wriggling,” Baekhyun mumbles, face too close as he does something to Jongdae’s eyes, his lip bitten in concentration. Jongdae tries his best not to move, but it’s hard when it feels like something’s poking his eyeball.

“Ow ow oww – Baek, I’m going to be blind.”

“Hush, it’s the price to pay for beauty,” Baekhyun chides, then plants a small kiss to the side of Jongdae’s head. “Be still for a while more and then you can see my handiwork.”

Jongdae rolls his eyes but obliges.

“Will I be as pretty as you?”

“Prettier,” Baekhyun replies distractedly.

It takes much too long before Baekhyun’s finally done, holding a mirror behind him as he waits to show Jongdae how he looks.

“Are you ready?”

Jongdae makes grabby hands for the mirror. “Come on, lemme see already.”

Baekhyun laughs. “Okay, 1- 2- 3-”

Jongdae blinks. Once. Twice. He looks –

“Good?” Baekhyun sounds unsure, nervous. Jongdae turns towards him, tries to process the reflection he sees, flawless skin, defined brows and subtly lined eyes. It looks almost like his usual self, but… not. It’s also different from how Baekhyun does his own makeup, sultry, colourful and androgynous. It’s…

“Different,” Jongdae settles on

Please log in to read the full chapter