1.

Open Your Eyes

Nope, nothing fluffy or happy and pretty short cuz I wasn't in the best mood when I wrote this. Just a drabble, you know?

 

He watched, helpless, as the door closed behind her.
A dull thump followed the sound of the door and then there was nothing but silence. Only if you listened closely, you would have been able to hear the soft sounds of salty drops falling onto the floor of the once lively apartment.
Hwitaek was on his own now and completely alone, kneeling on the cold floor and wondering if that just happened for real. What went wrong? What made his girlfriend leave? It couldn't be for the one reason that she brought up. No, it couldn't be.

I can't do this anymore, Hwitaek. I really can't... how am I supposed to keep on pretending that we still love each other like we did a few months ago? I can't act like I am the one you love and the one who should stay by your side but you probably don't even know what I am talking about. Am I right, oppa?” She said with a forced smile and tears collecting in the corners of her eyes. She was met with a completely clueless expression though because she was right. He didn't know what she meant. “Baby.. I... there is no one made for the spot next to me other than you-” The blonde male got interrupted by short laughter that was way to bitter for the older's liking. “Oh really? Open your eyes, Lee Hwitaek. Open your goddamn eyes.”

Those were the last words before they parted with the older on the floor and the female rushing to get away from the place that she once didn't want to leave voluntarily. All those memories had to be left behind though for both their sake even when one of them didn't want to believe it yet. She wanted him to realize what's going on and this was obviously the only way. Just like the only way to get comfort in Hwitaek's case was calling his best friend over who didn't let the former wait for a long time because it seemed serious. Too serious to waste precious time with being slow.

Hyojong had no problems with getting into the apartment because as a best friend, you had to know the passcode for emergencies like the one at hand but once he was greeted by the sight of a crying hyung, his mind went blank. The younger had seen a lot of reactions but he had never witnessed his friend so broken and simply... lost. As if the blonde broke into a million pieces that couldn't be glued together anymore. “Hey.. hyung... what happened and where's-” Hyojong stopped himself right on time because Hwitaek lifted his gaze as he was about to say the name- her name- and almost begged him not to do it. It didn't take a genius to figure out what had happened and the younger out of the two males got onto his knees as well, wrapping his arms around the other and trying hard to make the tears stop falling but it didn't quite work. “Hm.. did she talk to you about it? It's not like we were talking behind your back but.. she mentioned a few things. Do you know about that?” Hyojong asked carefully with his voice as gentle as possible because he knew that it was too early but his hyung deserved to know after being lied to for a while. “She probably told you that you're blind, huh? She isn't that wrong though if you're asking me.” the slightly taller tried to sound a bit more cheerful and even chuckled but it died down almost immediately. Taking a deep breath, he continued while Hwitaek listened, quietly sniffing but not crying anymore. He wanted to know what was going on, he wanted to understand. “Have you never noticed that a certain person treated you differently than the rest? Always stayed by your side when you needed him? Appreciated everything you did and put a lot of effort into helping you when needed? You probably misunderstood or didn't think too much about it because that's what friends do, right? I seriously wanted to call you stupid but I couldn't.. I still can't. I only asked myself one question whenever you smiled at me or were being extra nice before you went back to focus on her. 'Couldn't it be me? Couldn't it be me who receives all those hugs and kisses, even brighter smiles and loving gazes?' At one point, I tried to hate you but I couldn't. I couldn't because my heart wouldn't let me.” While talking, the younger lowered his gaze to look at the wet stains on the floor and the small puddles created by his friend's tears but once he finished, he gathered enough courage to look at the older. There wasn't anything to lose after confessing what he had kept a secret for a long time. He was only met by a blank face though.