First Day

Mentor

It was the first day of high school for Hyuk, and he was nowhere near ready. There he stood in front of the school filled with anxiety as he tried to friend his friend Hongbin.

 

“Where the heck is Hongbin!! He promised me he would be here but yet he is nowhere.” Hyuk looked at the clock and saw it was only ten minutes before the bell would ring.

 

“Calm down Hyuk there is still ten minutes left.” He told himself trying to calm down. He decided to wait at the bench and text Hongbin.

 

“WHAT IS TAKING YOU SO LONG THE BELL RINGS IN FIVE MINUTES!!”

 

“Relax I am on my way there now.” Hyuk sighed there is no way he is going to make it on time. Even if he were to come late no one is going to get him trouble because of how much of a visual Hongbin is.

 

“What are you doing the bell is going to ring like right now” Hyuk got startled and looked up to meet a smirking Hongbin. He stood up and glared at him.

 

“You have no right to tell me that considering how late you showed up!!” Hongbin merely rolled his eyes and walked to the direction of their first period as the bell rang.

 

“Wait Hongbin!!” Hyuk practically yelled as he ran to catch up to Hongbin.

 

“Have you thought of joining any of the clubs?” Hongbin casually asked him once they neared the classroom.

 

“I was thinking about joining the dance club what about you?” Hongbin nodded as we both walked in and sat on the seats in the back. Of course the students that were already there stared at Hongbin which made me roll my eyes.

 

“I was thinking the same thing we should join the club together then.” Hongbin said as he made eye contact with a girl that was staring at him. He winked at her, and she blushed and turned her attention back to the board. Hongbin smirked and looked at the clock. The class bell then rang signaling the start of class.

 

“During lunch let's sign up to join the dance club then.” Hyuk nodded his head as the teacher walked in.


 

“Alright so where do we have to go?”

 

“I think we need to go the gym.” Hyuk answered, so they went to the gym, and saw many different clubs. They walked around until they found the dance club. Representing the dance club was a male that had tan skin and a kind smile and next to him another with equally tan skin and a more intimidating look. While Hyuk was a bit hesitant to go up there, Hongbin just walked up there.

 

“Hey welcome to the dance club my name is N and this Ravi.” The cheerful one named N said.

 

“That’s a cool name N my name is Hongbin.” Hongbin said as he signed the paper. Hongbin turned around to see a still hesitant Hyuk.

 

“And the scared kid behind me is Hyuk.” Hongbin pointed at as he also wrote Hyuk’s name down. N nodded and smiled at Hyuk

 

“I’m expecting a lot from him since the quiet ones are usually the most talented.” Hyuk blushed and wanted to get out there quickly. Hongbin laughed and shook his head.

 

“He is good but I wouldn’t call him a professional.”

 

“Well we will just have to wait and see them next week.” N laughed as he waved goodbye to Hongbin and Hyuk.

 

“Why do you always have to embarrass me.” Hyuk said as he pouted.

 

“Not my fault that you're too much of a chicken.”

 

“Am not.” Hongbin shook his head and smirked as they walked to the cafeteria for food.


N looked at the two boys walking away and turned to look at Ravi.

 

“I can see a lot of potential in that boy.”

 

“True although he is shy, but just wait until he comes out of his shell.”

 

“What about his friend he seems very confident and handsome.” Ravi nodded

 

“Let’s just see if he is that confident in his dancing next week.” Ravi adds before they pay attention back to the line.

 


 

One week later

 

“Hongbin I don’t think I can do this.”

 

“Quit being coward it’s too late to turn back anyways.” Hongbin said as they stood right in front of the door to the studio. Hyuk sighed in defeat as Hongbin opened the door. When they walked in they were greeted by N and Ravi who were warming up along with other students. N turned around and smiled as he saw them walk in.

 

“Glad to see you came.” N said as he stared at Hyuk.

 

“He didn’t want to, but I managed to convince him.” Hongbin added which made N laugh.

 

“I’m glad you did what year are you two in?”

 

“Hyuk is a freshman and I’m a sophomore.”

 

“Oh really is that why he is shy? Ravi is also a sophomore you should go talk to him.” Hongbin nodded and went over to Ravi leaving Hyuk with N. Hyuk felt betrayed and wanted to follow Hongbin, but he didn’t want to be rude.

 

“Hello~? Are you ever going to talk?” N asked waving his hand in front of Hyuk’s face. Hyuk snapped out of his thoughts and stared at N.

 

“How about for starters why don’t you tell me why you wanted to join the dance club?”

 

“Well I’ve always wanted to learn how to dance since it’s the only thing I can do.” N nodded in response

 

“I have a feeling you're going to be a great dancer.” N added as he looked at the clock.

 

“Oh looks like it’s just about time to start the first meeting.” N said as he walked over to where Ravi and Hongbin were talking. Hyuk sighed in relief. As he looked at N calling for everyone’s attention he realized that N actually was a kind person. Hyuk then walked over to Hongbin as the meeting began. The first meeting was mainly about getting to know everyone and discussing that the club was about. An hour later and everyone was going out of the studio. Hyuk was about to walk out when he felt a hand grab his wrist. He looked up to see N.

 

“Believe in yourself alright.” N said as he let go of his wrist and walked back over to Ravi to finish pack up. Hyuk was confused but with Hongbin calling he continued on his way out.

 

“What took you so long?” Hongbin but Hyuk just shook his head in response.

 

“You know the club isn’t so bad and at least I got a new friend out of it.”  Hyuk rolled his eyes because Hongbin could easily be friends with anyone. On the contrary Hyuk was more wary when it came to making friends. He thought about N and wondered how many friends he must have.

 

“Hey you okay you keep spacing out.”  

 

“Yeah I’m fine.”

 


 

Hyuk was laying in his bed when he received a message from an unknown number.

 

“Hi Hyuk Hongbin gave me your number so I can text you!!” Hyuk didn’t even have to ask to know that the person texting him was N. He sighed how did Hongbin even give him his number??

 

“Yes hi N hyung.”

 

“Ah you don’t have to call me N my real name is Hakyeon and I was just texting to let you know the next meeting is going to be next Monday after school.”

 

“Okay thanks Hakyeon hyung.” Somehow it felt weird calling N by his real name. A minute later and a response from N came.

 

“(≧∇≦)b"

 

Hyuk rolled his eyes at the emoticon and locked his phone. He couldn’t wait to strangle Hongbin the next time he saw him.


 

“Why did you give him my number!!” Hyuk said as him and Hongbin were walking to school on Monday.

 

“Because he was asking for it, so I sent it to him, and besides you're at least have another friend other than me.”

 

“And what's wrong with that.” Hyuk said with a pout. Hongbin rolled his eyes as they entered the classroom.

 

“You need to stop being a hermit and start talking to people.” Hyuk glared at him, but didn’t comment any further as class had started. Seven classes later, and they stood at the door of the studio once again.

 

“After you.” Hongbin said as he opened the door for Hyuk. Hyuk glared at him as he walked in. Immediately N had spotted them and walked over to them.

 

“I’m gonna go talk to Wonshik.” Hongbin and Hyuk just stared at him with disbelief. What a friend he was!!

 

“Oh Wonshik is Ravi’s real name in case you were wondering.” Hyuk nodded and stared at where Hongbin and Wonshik were talking.

 

“They seemed to have gotten along well, I wonder if we could become like them even though I am a senior and you're a freshman.” Hyuk stared at N with wide eyes. N seemed to sense how uncomfortable Hyuk was.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you like that.”

 

“No it’s okay I just wasn’t expecting that and I didn't realize you were a senior you look young.” N smirked and stared at the floor.

 

“Yes I seem to confuse many people with my looks and personality, but truth be told I am graduating this year.” N said with a sad smile.

 

“Are you not happy to be graduating?” N looked back up at Hyuk and shook his head.

 

“No not really because I’m gonna miss talking to the students here and running the dance club. It’s because of the dance club that I get to meet people like you.” Hyuk was left speechless and didn’t know how to respond. N laughed and started getting ready as he noticed the time. The second meeting was going over the dance styles. N demonstrated how to be graceful while Ravi showed off a more powerful dance. Hyuk was amazed at how the two contrasted each other, but yet completed each other. Before could digest what he had learned the demonstration was over and people were getting up to leave. He was getting up when N approached him again.

 

“Liked the demonstration?”

 

“Yeah it was really cool to see how different your style of dancing was compared to Ravi hyung.” N smiled and nodded.

 

“Yes when growing up I took ballet lessons meanwhile Ravi was more on the hip hop and pop side.”  Hyuk nodded that made sense because N looked so graceful dancing.

 

“I can’t wait to come next week.” Hyuk said with a smile.

 

“I’m glad that I can keep you coming.” N said as he patted Hyuk’s shoulder and walked over to Ravi. Hyuk then went out the door to a grinning Hongbin.

 

“Having fun there?” Hyuk glared at him meanwhile Hongbin laughed as they made their way out.

"Clearly not as much fun as you and Wonshik hyung were having." Hyuk added laughing at the glare Hongbin sent him.

 

"Shut Up." Hongbin said before quickly turning away and Hyuk thinks this might have possibly been the first time he has ever seen Hongbin blush, seeing it just makes him laugh even louder.

 

 

That moment where you wanted to write a one shot but ended up writing more >.< I don't know wether I should leave it here or make it into a chaper story. I will let you decide