Set Me Free

Mending A Broken Soul

"And like a soprano shattering glass, Juliet heard something snap deep inside. It was the sound of her heart breaking." - Alexandra Potter

 

The room was filled with warm and sweet scent of a freshly baked bread, sound of clattering spoon and people laughing happily with their companion making the room more alive, a soft melody of a piano could be heard across the room softly but steadily, this place is a cafe downtown near Seoul district, pretty popular around worker and teenager. 

Outside the building we could see a few people running around trying to find a shelter to shield their body form the rain, actually the rain wasn't that strong but some people might find it a bit bothersome because well let's say that it'll just disturb them in some way, on the other hand some people do enjoy it, they say it could calm their tired soul and when they breath the air of it, it pretty much could calm them. 

In the corner of the room, someone was looking out of the window watching the rain in silent. It was a girl, not really sure about her face, her grey hood was particularly hiding most of her face and so does with her brown hair, all in all she had those mysterious aura around her. She've been there for the past hours, no companion could be seen around her, she was just there. On her hand there stood a wooden music box, it looks ordinary nothing special out of it, but judging from the way she hold it, it seems like it's something dear to her, the fact that she keep on caressing it and glancing at it from time to time gives away that part.

Taking a glance on her untouched coffee, she then realized that it's no longer warm

-huft...- she sighed 

'I won't order another one if you wonder, why should I? when I haven't finished the first yet' she thought

Slowly she placed her music box aside, almost unwillingly. She took a mental note to finished her coffee and go back to her apartment, sooner the better. Looking out of the window, it seems that the rain won't stop any minutes of course it's a relief that she brought her umbrella with her, but sometimes she doesn't bother to use it probably too lazy to do that.

Deciding to take a sip on her coffee, she let her eyes wander toward her surrounding and noticed that only a few costumers left well not like she cared or what. Shifting her eyes into her coffee, she took a mental note to never order this coffee ever again, heck it's too bitter for her liking.

"...why did I order it in the first place..." she sighed

"Tsk even the coffee trying to mock me, it's bitter" she said irritated

"...whatever..." she sighed again

She set aside her coffee and promising herself to finished it later and let her mind wander again into her little world.

-kring kring-

sound of the cafe's bell ringing could be heard indicating that a customer had entered the place, she herself couldn't hear the bell ringing or more like she doesn't want to.

"Welcome to Sky's Cafe" a waitress said

"Would you like to make a reservation, sir?" She asked again

"No...I'm here for someone" a warm and gentle voice said

-tud tud-

Soft footsteps could be heard, and it's getting nearer toward where she sat. Still oblivious of her surroundings, her intruder stood there for a few minutes, watching her in silent yet again there's a warm smile blooming on their face, sadly she never get the chance to witness it, if she did she probably thought that she'd gone crazy.

Feeling like she's being watched, she shifts her eyes toward her side, feeling slightly annoyed toward whoever dare to disturbed her. When she finally get the chance to look at them, she met a pair of eyes that she want to avoided all these years yet it all goes in vain. That moment she feel like her breath got caught in , memories of what have happened few years ago flashed by suddenly, memories that she kept to herself and locked it deep down inside feels like happening right now, reminding her of her misery self.

Blue met black

'W-why is he...here..I-i thought-' she panicked 

'Damn it...' her eyes got watery, her palms get sweaty...

Trying to blink her tears away, she took a deep breath to calm her racing heart

'Take a deep breath Mia, it's okay...it's okay...' she convinced herself

"Hi...' she snap from her daydream and looked up at him with empty eyes

"It's been a long time Mia..." he said smiling softly toward her

His eyes, it reflects happiness and love, she noticed...contrasts of her own, of course she knew heck she always knew that they are different in the first place

"Hey, you okay?" he asked worriedly

"Tsk why do you care" she muttered to herself

"Hmm?" He asked again, still keeping his eyes on her

"..."

His eyes wonder toward something laying on the table then his smile grew bigger making him look more perfect if one could say

"...you still have it" he said softly never letting his gaze off from it

Lifting his fingers to touch it, she hurriedly take it and throw it to her bag almost angrily

Trying to recover from his shock, he awkwardly let his hands down and shifted his gaze aside

"Oh..." he suddenly said excitedly

Looking up she noticed that he's sipping her coffee, her brow arched she want to say something but held herself back

"It's bitter, I never knew you like this kind of coffee last time I remembe-"

"Why are you here??" She cut him off

"I'm sorry?" He looked at her

"Why are you here, dammit Yoongi why the heck are you here?!" She asked almost shouting

"I-i..." he couldn't answer her, all happiness and smile vanished from his face

"Tsk forget it..." she said angrily and abruptly stood up from her chair not forgetting to grab her things

The sudden movement of her chair against the floor creating a loud sound, making the room go silent. 

"Dammit it!" He said angrily more like to himself

Snapping into reality, he take a few steps toward her just enough to catch-up to her, he grabbed her hand

"No wait i-i..." he said almost pleadingly

"..."

She almost break down in front of him, no she won't let that happen...she harshly take her hands back from him and ran away from him leaving her unfinished coffee and more importantly leaving him devastated.

All he could do was just looked at her back with longing eyes, his heart told him to just run toward her and told her that everything will be okay but he know that there's something holding him back, something that wouldn't allowed him to be selfish for just once.

Outside, it was raining heavily nothing like earlier almost like mocking her for her pathetic self

"Haha...of course Mia, of course" She looked up at the sky and mentally laughed at herself, wiping her tears harshly

Of course...she ran away from him...again, ran away from everything, hiding and locking herself and believing that she was the victim of everything. Because that's all she could do, ran away like a coward she is.

 

That day both heart got crushed into pieces, all hopes gone and vanished, both eyes crying silently, both souls screaming and pleading for someone to fix them. Tired of all this drama, tired of everything. 'Set me free...' it said.