Missing you

A Swan's Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum sat on the right side of the bed, facing his wife's back who is now crying silently. She had been so quiet during the whole wedding event and when he kissed her on the altar, Jaebum could feel her lips trembled while she tried to hold in the burning tears behind her eyes.

Even now, her body are shaking and her muffled cries only added to the guiltiness that's been weighing down his shoulders since both of them was dragged into this whole deal of arranged marriage. He took a deep breath, trying to find the right words that might calm her down, even if he knows it will change nothing.

"Seulgi-ah..." She stiffened up immediately at his voice and bite her lower her lips to stop crying. Jaebum gently touch her shoulders and turned her body to face him.

"I'm sorry I can't do anything to stop this marriage..." He traced the tears with his thumb and pulled her into a hug, his hands rubbing a soothing circle on the small of her back. Seulgi was too stunned to react, she kept quiet and sit still in his warm embrace. Something stirred in her stomach.

Why is he doing this? I don't understand at all. Why do you keep giving me mixed signals, Jaebum.

"Stop it." She break the hug and stand up beside him. "I'll sleep in the other room." Jaebum grabbed her hand and smiled at her. He didn't fake the smile, just that it wasn't genuine, it was a sad smile. After all, Seulgi almost forgot that she's not the only one hurting from this stupid ordeal. Jaebum had it worse. He was forced into marrying her, betraying his love for the one and only person that matters to him. The one that means the world to him and had given him the most precious gift he could ever asked for.

"You don't need to. Don't worry, I'll go. Give me some time to take a bath."

Seulgi sat on the bed again. The scent of shampoo Jaebum is using to shower filled the room and Seulgi just let her mind wander somewhere else. Just then, someone knocked the door from outside, snapping Seulgi out of her trance. It was a faint knock, she won't notice it at all if the room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter