The Night Changer

The Night that Changed Her Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello?” her voice is groggy due to her sleep. It is her boss, asking her to bail out some spoiled brat in jail.

It is her childhood dream to become a lawyer. She want to protect those who are experiencing injustices in the society. She want to protect the poor. She achieved her dream, but she is doing it with a wrong purpose.

----

“I already signed all the documents needed. Can you release now my client?”

“There she is.” The police officer point to the small girl with short hair. She looks so innocent with a puppy-like appearance. Doyeon thought at the first place that the officer is joking. Until the officer spoke again. “I hope this is the last time we will meet here Ms. Choi.” Indeed looks is so deceiving.

 

“Ms. Choi Yoojung, I’m Atty. Doyeon Kim.” She extends her hand to the small girl but Yoojung just look at her hand. Well, Doyeon are used to those arrogant pieces of s---. She put down her arms. “My work is done here. I have to go. Bye. It’s a long night.” She walks out of police station.  The lawyer went to her car in the parking lot.  She is driving her car, when she saw Yoojung standing in front of police station. She stops her car and open its window. “Hey kid! Do not create more trouble and go home. I don’t want to see you again here at police station.” Doyeon nags Yoojung.

“I don’t know where home is.”  Yoojung muttered under her breathe.

“What? Speak louder. I can’t hear you.”

“Can I hitch up?” Yoojung said with her puppy eyes. Hoping that the lawyer would let her ride in her car.

“No. Go, call your personal chauffer.” She closes her car window and starts her engine. ‘That kid is annoying’ she thought. Doyeon does not consider herself as compassionate person but right now she want to say yes to the girl request. Since she become a lawyer she became a person  who, doesn’t let her emotion get the best of her. She always use her brain and not her heart. Because using her heart will only make her vulnerable.

She open her car window again and unlock the door.

“I have changed my mind. Get in the car. I will drop you to the nearest bus station.”

 

____

The two end up in the park near the Han river.

“How did you end up in jail?”, Doyeon said with her eyes full of curiosity. Yoojung doesn’t want to speak about it, but the lawyer burning gaze made her answer. She drinks her beer first, before she answer the question.

“I had drive under the influence of alcohol. I’d almost kill the pedestrian.” Yoojung said while looking at Han river  in front of them.

“I know that part. I’m the lawyer who bail you out, remember?” Doyeon said stating what is obvious. “I mean. How did Choi Yoojung, the heiress of Choi Group of company, with a promising future ahead of her, became like this?”

“Became what?” Yoojung questioned Doyeon while her raising hey eyebrow.

“Useless, , stupid, arrogant, and pain in the of her family.” Doyeon said frankly, without breaking her cold stare to the latter.  Yoojung using all of her will and strength, in not to punch, the person who bail her out in jail. “In just blink of an eye, You can ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter