Waking

All in your head
Please log in to read the full chapter

She finds the white blindingly bright. Everything in the room is a startlingly bright white, hurting her newly opened eyes. She tries to cover her eyes in a futile effort, and is shocked to discover that she cannot move her arms at all. She tries to move her legs, and concludes that she is bound to what might be a table. The panic quickly sets in, the strap holding her neck and head in place registering to her now-working brain. She struggles, wriggling her body back and forth against the restraints, in a desperate attempt to save her life. Eventually, after a few futile attempts, she concludes that all her effort was for naught.

She doesn’t calm down though, her panic fueling her hyperactive brain running with all the ideas of what the situation was and how she got there. Going to sleep inside the dorm after an exhausting day of practicing was the last thing she remembered. She must have been carried off in her sleep, she concludes. Glancing quickly around the room from what limited angles of vision the restraints allowed her, she gleamed a few things. First, the walls were possibly padded. Second, there was only one door in and out of the room. And third, there was no one there with her, or not anyone that she could see at least. There was nothing she could remember that would allow her to figure out who could have brought her here, or what motive they could have had.

‘This could be a new variety show,’ she thinks. ‘The odds are way out there, but with Korea, who knows?’

Her blood chills when the door slowly creaks open. All too familiar footsteps, matched with an all too familiar face confuses her mind even further as the figure slowly approaches after entering the door. The person facing her sits beside her reclining table-chair thing, takes a deep breath and speaks.

“Hi. How are you feeling? Are you feeling any side effects from the sedatives?” rang the crystal clear voice she had come to love.

“I, uhm, what? Nayoung? What are you doing? Why am I tied up?” she asks in rapid-fire.

“I have already asked you to call me Doctor or Ma’am multiple times, didn’t I? Now, how do you feel, Kyulkyung? Do you feel fine?” came the reply, Nayoung’s eyes remaining set on her face.

“Why would I be fine? I don’t know why I’m tied up, I don’t even know why I’m here or why you’re acting like this.” She nearly screams, her confusion getting the better of her.

“Calm down. Just calm down. You’ll be fine. You’re not getting hurt, okay?” Nayoung assures her, patting her head and threading her fingers through her hair in an effort to assuage her.

Under the soothing voice of Nayoung, and the relaxing feeling of her touch, she gradually loosens up. Short, labored breaths turn into deep ones and her brain begins to clear up. She decides to look for the answers to her questions, and she knew just where to start.

“I

Please log in to read the full chapter