The only man

The Perfect Life (oneshot)

 

 
             You sit with hands intertwined as you and Siwon watch the sunset on the side of the beach.  He suddenly gets up and proposes to you. You jump happily and accepts it. You memories flash when the ring gets on your fingers...
 
 
You met, in kindergarten and soon became to best of friends. You go on to elementary school and you two skip down the hallway, excited for your first day of school.
 
 
                Then in high school, you two became boyfriend and girlfriend and were childhood sweethearts. He liked to take you out to dates, like a stroll on a beach, shopping or just a nice dinner.
 
 
                You two did extremely well in High school and went to the same top university. You would study together at the library and apply for the same classes.
 
 
                You two had only one quarrel all those years; when he refused to let you go swimming in elementary school, because you didn't know how to swim yet. You would give him a puppy eye look that he would always fall for but he stood firm.
 
                Your parents approved of him; he was nice, studious, caring, a very devoted Christian; in your eyes he was a perfect guy.
 
                You got married; in the same church where you used to go on Sundays with him; in a beautiful white flecked with gold. He was dressed in an handsome tux; and you rejoiced at the sight. You exchanged rings; felt your heart flutter and thump so hard you thought it would burst.
 
                You were pregnant; when you announced the news everyone was shocked and joyful; but no one was more happy than him. He fussed over you; over your every step.
 
                You gave birth; he panicked and wanted you to do a caesarean birth; but you refused. He was with you every step of the way; and you had twins; a happy bouncy boy and a cute delightful girl.
 
 
                He still fussed over you and the kids; getting up in the middle of the night; you insisted on letting him go back to work; he refused, and insisted on taking care of you.
 
                Your kids grew up, and led the same life as yours; you and him lived to see your grandchildren born; but soon grew very old
 
                He still took care of you; he was in better health than you. You realized you never quarreled all those years; and he never failed to live up to his promise.
 
 
 
                "I will always take care of you till the day I die."
 
                He soon died of old age; you mourned and grieved; but you went too, one week after. And he was waiting for you, among the clouds and the great golden gates.
 
 
                At last.
 
 
             We shall never be alone ever again.
 
 
Note: the pic is not mine.