His world

Will it stop?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People are craving for love. People are craving for affection.
But Hyeongseob only craved hearing “It’s okay, you have suffered enough” for once in his life, even though he knew that this wish would never come true.
This was not the world where people would sympathize with something like him.

The boy was a slave, or as the official name was, a maid.
But everyone knew that the name ‘maids’ was only a cover to hide his real purpose.
“Maids” were supposed to help, but Hyeongseob wasn’t supposed to help. He was supposed to serve and do as him commanded. This was his life. He was an orphan after all.

Orphans were seen as worthless by the society.
Hyeongseob remembered being beaten up the first time on a public street really clearly. The boy had always been clumsy and one day he had bumped into a vampire.
The vampire had freaked out and punched the young boy several times. People that saw that had joined the vampire and kicked him until his face was bleeding.
There was this huge scar on the forehead of the currently black haired boy that remained from that day. The clumsy boy had tried to hide it multiple times already but it never worked.

So he stopped caring about this scar at all.
After all, he had no one to impress anyway.

In order to understand Hyeongseob, you need to know the basics about his world.
Vampires are ruling the world. Orphans are worthless because the rulers think that if parents give their child away, it should be reminded about how cruel humans can be.
This was their revenge for the pain humans had caused them during the wars.
A series of wars that vampires won in the end.
This has been several hundred years ago, but the system hadn’t changed ever since.
Nowadays humans had even forgotten the reason of this law. But they had excepted it. Maybe because they enjoyed seeing others suffering.

If a child was given to an orphanage the first thing is that the child gets a tattoo on its palm, so it would always be remembered what it is.
And if you were an orphan, you had no chance or choice in life. With the 15th birthday orphans were brought to a market where they were sold. The price were supposed to cover the costs of raising this child.

Hyeongseob never questioned why his world was like this. Growing up he was taught not to think but to obey. “Serve, obey, bow and repeat”, was the first sentence he remembered.
“Serve, obey, bow and repeat.”
“Serve, obey, bow and repeat.”
“Serve, obey, bow and repeat.”
In the orphanage he had befriended with some guys, surviving was easier when you had someone to lean on. But the boys knew that after their 15th birthday they would not get to see each other again. So every day they shared was a special one.
Because with every passing day, a 15th birthday got closer.

It was Hyeongseob who turned 15 first. The day before a 15th birthday was always announced loudly, so no one could even dare to forget his birthday. The orphanage made sure of it.

“It’s time”, he said the night before his birthday.
This would be the last time he’d be sitting with his two friends in one circle. Euiwoong cried terribly. Also Justin cried and the young boy never cried. Hugging them both he hid his tears. Being the oldest he was aware of his responsibility ever since they got close. He whipped their tears away.

“I will be fine. Keep in mind. Serve, obey, bow and repeat.
I want to thank you both so much for the wonderful time I had with you.
I don’t think I’d have been able to survive that well without you.”
Hyeongseob did not shed a tear. He knew he had to smile, so that his friends wouldn’t feel helpless. He creased their heads.

“I will be never able to forget you.
Never.
If we ever meet on the streets again, let’s smile at each other.”

This was the last thing he had told them.
The next morning even before h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter