;FIN

THE ONLY STAR I KNOW

Everyone was asleep. Except Jihoon. His eyes are on awake mode. Jihoon throw his eyes to everything he can see in his room. No, in their roomㅡ Get Ugly team (the Get Ugly team still a roommates eventho they have different evaluation group now; Jihoon and Hyungseob are in Oh Little Girl team, Woojin and Ong are in Never team, Samuel is in Show Time team, and the last is Daniel is in Open Up team). There was a sleeping Daniel who sounded a little delirious in his sleep. Jihoon chuckles, and mumbled that Daniel is so cute. Then, there’s sleeping Ong who sounded so soft while facing the wall. Then, Samuel was sleeping with his mouth half opened. How cute. Jihoon closed his eyes, not continuing his gaze to watch his sleeping roommates since Hyungseob and Woojin were sleeping on the top of bunk beds. He sighed as something happened a few days ago crossed his mind.

“…hyung?

He remembered so well whose voice it was. He even remembers what kind of expression he had on his face. And yeah, don’t forget about that husky voice. Jihoon smiled, and glanced at the white clock on the wall. It said 11pm already. He used to sleep before 10 0’clock, but now he can’t help it.

He swallowed, his heart suddenly pounded. He is just confused. With his heart, with what he felt, and with everything that had happened over the last few days. He can’t conclude anything, since he really knows, that he does have a gentle attitude towards anyone. Although sometimes he is more a silent person, Jihoon knows, he’s not such a person.

Again, Jihoon smiles. He remembered when he accidentally saw Guanlin was practicing how to rap well. He was about to walking alone, feel bored, and couldn’t sleep at all. So, Jihoon decided to get some fresh air, though he knows if it’s almost midnight. He walked past the practice room, and stopped there when his eyes caught someone still in there. Jihoon walked closer towards the door, Guanlin?

 

He opened the door very slowly, not wanting to distract Guanlin who seemed seriously practicing. He sits there, right next to Guanlin. Guanlin lifted his head up from several sheets of paper, eyes widened when he found out that Jihoon is there right next to him. Jihoon smiled, Guanlin is truly a hard working person. Look, he even had to bite the pencil to exercise his mouth, teeth, and voice balance. He really is wants to be a swaggy rapper in the future, which Jihoon believes that Guanlin can certainly achieve his dream. Guanlin blinked for several times, then he take off his pencil of his mouth, and face turned a little bit blank. Jihoon chuckled, “calm down, Guanlin.” Said Jihoon with his pretty smile. Guanlin smiles. He likes to watch him smile.

 

“it’s almost midnight, hyung. What are you doing here?”

 

Jihoon pressed his lips, “I am bored and can’t sleep at all. And you, kid, why are you still practicing at this hour?”

 

“I can’t rap well, hyung.” Said Guanlin with his half smile on his lips. “I don’t want to make my group fail. We’re almost near the end,”

 

“I want to improve,”

 

“I don’t wanna fail as well. I joined this survival show not for nothing,”

 

“You will debut. I believe in you, and,”

 

“I want to debut as well, hyung. With you.”

 

He was touched by hearing Guanlin’s words. Guanlin is so precious. He likes to improve himself. He never gave up. And, he just made Jihoon’s heart flutter. This boy who always chose him as his one pick, this boy who always said that Jihoon is a all rounder, wanna debut with him. He felt as if he had to grant that dream.

 

Jihoon smiled, “then we will debut together.”

 

Guanlin shakes his head, “I doubted myself.” He sighed, “I actually have nothing.”

 

“You have everything, Guanlin,”

 

“Look at me.”

 

Guanlin pressed his lips as his eyes now locked with the pair of the prettiest eyes God has ever made. There’s sparkle in that eyes, Guanlin feel something flutter inside his heart.

 

He doesn’t lying when he said that he likes this Jihoon. Well, he didn’t say that he likes Jihoon in public or in front of camera, but he did pick Jihoon as his one pick. Since the very first time, he had his eyes on Jihoon. Gladly, no one knows about it. He picked Jihoon so does everyone. He didn’t try not to be that obvious but that’s actually what he was trying. Even he was shocked when Jihoon also picked him as his one pick like… he noticed me?

 

“Don’t doubt yourself. Don’t you ever think that the stars are too far away for you to reach,”

 

“Even if sometimes the stars can not be seen, you have to believe that they are always there. Watching you and all of your progress,” Jihoon says as he stared at Guanlin’s eyes, “because they will not dissapear.”

 

“I don’t deserve all the stars.” Guanlin said as he tried to break their locked eyes. Guanlin can’t help himself. He’s scared. He feels fearful. He doubted himself since the last evalution that he dropped from 2 to 20. He even felt lost at the time. Back to home, is the way he should take. Despite having to leave many friends and memories, including Jihoon who from the beginning already has a special place in his heart. But God is too good for him. He gave that #20 for him. He’s saved. But still with a big concern.

 

“Guanlin,”

 

“Hyung,”

 

They say simultaneously, then laughing. Jihoon cleared his throat, “you first.”

 

Guanlin nods as he took a deep breath. He locked his eyes with Jihoon’s, “if I can’t make it, then I will be okay. But, I can’t leave you without telling you about my feelings. So, before it’s too late, I’ll confess now,”

 

Guanlin smiled, “thankyou for always looking for me, and thankyou hyung, for always take a good care of me. I feel blessed because God brought us here. When the first time we met, we were still strangers. But as time goes by, we can finally become friends. But what’s wrong is with me. Since everyone here knows that hyung is the kindhearted person, so I supposed to be not hoping for more. Of course you will treat me as the same you treat the others. But, I took it wrong,”

 

“I like the way you smiled at me. I like the way you looked at me. I like it when I was the only reason why you’re smiling. But the most important thing is, I like you.”

 

“no, hyung. I was hoping for more. Okay, I love you.”

 

All of sudden Jihoon fell silent. He didn’t expect that Guanlin would confess to him like this. He bowed his head, to broke their eye contact. He swore, he was confused. What should he give as an answer? Reject? Oh, no. He also likes Guanlin, but… Accept him? Oh, also no. He even doubted himself. And the way Guanlin treat the others, it’s the same way as Guanlin has treated him. Guanlin is not that cold, he likes to be friends with the others, although sometimes he is more often a quite person. Meanwhile Jihoon, he is a easy going person. He is a noisy one. That’s why he concerned, what if later they’ll broke up just because they have different personalities? Jihoon is afraid, that they won’t work.

 

Jihoon took a deep breath, before he lifted up his head and found out that Guanlin still looked at him. Jihoon smiles, “I believe, you will make it into the final top eleven.”

 

“and, we’ll debut together.” Said Jihoon.

 

Guanlin smiled back at the older. He has just been rejected. At least, he already confessed.

 

“I don’t know, hyung.”

 

Jihoon gently patted Guanlin’s shoulder, “my feelings say that you will make it.”

 

“I hope so,”

 

“I promise to fulfill your request if you finally make it.” Jihoon says as he lifted his fifth finger.

 

Guanlin chuckles as he stared at that tiny finger, “promise me?”

 

Jihoon nodded, with a bright smile on his face.

 

“I am asking for your kiss, if I can make it.”

 

“Just a kiss?”

 

“Can it be the kisses?”

 

“Ya!!!”

 

Guanlin sighed, with smile, as he hooked their little fingers. A pinky promise. Their first pinky promise.

 

Jihoon smiled back at him, and he used his other hand to caress Guanlin’s hair, “then, we should work hard. We will make it together.” Jihoon said, and Guanlin nodded.

 

“thanks, hyung.”

 

It was three days ago. And Jihoon hasn’t seen Guanlin at all for these three days. Since they are in different group. What is he doing now? Is he still worried? He ruffled his hair in confusion. Again, Jihoon glanced at the clock and it said already passed midnight. Go sleep, Jihoon. All the trainees still have the last practice before the finale day.

 

OoO

 

Jihoon blinked for a nth time. The 8th position will be revealed in a minutes. He’s grateful that his best friend, more like a little brother, Bae Jinyoung made it as the 10th. Then, his beloved hyung, Hwang Minhyun also made it as the 9th. The final line up debut will be 11 members in it. To be the one and only Wanna One. 2 of 11 has been revealed. Now, 9 seats left. Kim Samuel, Lee Daehwi, Park Woojin, Im Youngmin, Kim Jonghyun, Ong Seongwoo, Kang Daniel, Kim Jaehwan, Jung Sewoon, Lai Guanlin, oh there are more than 9!

He tried to be calm, but, he’s afraid. Will he make it? And, will him make it? All those thoughts made him unaware that the 8th position had been revealed. He began to realize when he felt someone nudge him. He turned back, and saw Daniel hugged Jisung. Jihoon smiles, all the trainees favorite mom named Yoon Jisung finally made it to the top11 final line up debut as the 8th.

Kim Samuel, Lee Daehwi, Park Woojin, Im Youngmin, Kim Jonghyun, Ong Seongwoo, Kang Daniel, Kim Jaehwan, Jung Sewoon, Lai Guanlin… sadly, only 8 seats are left. And Jihoon’s picks hasn’t changed at all.

 

He swallowed as he looked around and ended up smiling when he saw a lot of girlies brought ‘Park Jihoon’ slogans and cheered on him. He promise to pay back all the love and support the fans gave him. He still smiles at his fans, until a soft touch landed on his shoulder. He turned back and saw Sungwoon smiled at him. So, Jihoon smiled back at the older.

 

The 7th position will be revealed in 3, 2…

 

“Cube’s Lai Guanlin.”

 

Jihoon widened his eyes when BoA announced that it was Guanlin who become a lucky 7. All the burden on his shoulder was gone, Jihoon even touch his chest. Is it real? Lai Guanlin? He just can’t crying here. Not in front of the left trainees, trainers, IOI, and all the fans. He hold his tears, until Guanlin approached him and give him a warmest hug ever. Jihoon hugged back the latter, then he stood on tiptoes, and whispered near Guanlin’s ear, “see? My feelings are never wrong. Congrats, Guanlin.” Says Jihoon with tremble voice. Guanlin caressed his back, and landed a soft kiss on his shoulder, “thankyou, hyung. I am waiting you there.”

 

And Jihoon just realized something. Thanks God, this isn’t too late.

 

Then Park Woojin was called as the 6th.

Ong Seongwoo as the 5th.

Kim Jaehwan as the 4th.

Lee Daehwi as the 3rd.

 

And, one more time, thanks God. He was called as the 2nd, and Kang Daniel as the 1st.

 

Both Jihoon and Daniel walked together toward their seats. It feels so nice to see all the final 10 members are now on their seats. Though sadly, as some of them didn’t make it. But Jihoon believes, God must have a wonderful plans for all the trainees who didn’t make it. Jihoon walked to hug Bae Jinyoung, then Hwang Minhyun, then doing a Jisung’s clap with Jisung, then he walked towards Woojin and hugged him. Though he was hugging his Park bro, but his eyes can’t hide from the only person who stood in front of him now. Guanlin smiled at him as he pointed a heart sign towards Jihoon. Jihoon chuckles and only waved at him. Then 2Park broke their hug, Woojin gave a way for Jihoon to walk towards Guanlin. Jihoon says thankyou, and now he locked his eyes with Guanlin’s. Guanlin spread his hands, and Jihoon hugged his neck while Guanlin rested his arms on Jihoon’s back and waist. They hugged for a more minutes, then they broke the hug. Guanlin sighed, as he touch his cheek.

He eyed the younger with one brow raised. Guanlin smiles and, “kiss me, hyung.”

“in here? Are you a five? There are so many people you dumbㅡ” He had not had time to finish the sentence, but Guanlin already pulled his hand.

“You promised me, hyung.”

 

“Okay! Okay!”

 

Guanlin can’t hide his bright smile when Jihoon’s lips touch his cheek. They just don’t realized. There were so many flash caught that legendary kiss. Jihoon's face flushed. His heart is beating so fast. Yes, he just realized that he's so in love with Lai Guanlin. The only star he knows. He'll talk with Guanlin later. Now, Ha Sungwoon is there too. Congrats for being a wonderful #11! 

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

 

HJDGHSCBSJADCDHF WANNA ONE GO EPISODE 1 DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!! PANWINK DEADASS TALKED ABOUT THIS LEGENDARY KISS. SO I BROUGHT THIS UGLI ONE SHOT FOR ALL THE PANWINKNATOR AROUND THE WORLD!!!