Don't lose hope. Just wait a little longer

Don't lose hope. Just wait a little longer

Feeling amazed with what she's seeing right now. Inside a cubicle and with only a single lamp on the ceiling above her as the source of light, here she is, Kim Ara, looking out through the window as millions of raindrops fall into the ground. The grasses outside her house are no longer dry now. It all happens out of the blue, there was no warning at all. This kind of moment just brings her into an indescribable state. The fact that nobody is home somehow makes everything much better. All she could feel is a silence. There is nothing much she could do, but stare at the view before her own eyes and just feel the moment. The more she sees the rain descends, the more she thinks it can relate to one's life. As she remembers, the clouds were clear this morning, the wind wasn't blowing in rush, and so on that could describe everything was still okay back then. But, once the rain is being sent down, no one could ever object it, not even her. We got to accept it. Droplets of rain hit the grass with no mercy, making it all wet, and some would even break. She somehow feels sorry for them that she can't shield them from being drenched. She then straightens up herself from her sitting position and decides to drag her feet away to look through the other window that places a few meters from the previous one. As she gets a better look of it, she realizes that there aren't just grasses that get hit, but short, tall trees, and the road do as well. Rain isn't picky, it approaches just anything. No matter what it is, how important it is, and how much it is. So what could we do? If it's us that's getting hit, then just get an umbrella or a raincoat to shield ourselves. If there isn't any, just find a way. Being under an umbrella or in a raincoat also don't guarantee us to not get wet, a little splash of water might be or might not get to us, it just depends on how heavy the rain falls or how fast the wind blows. When it rains, we mostly couldn't be in our safe zone anymore, not even if we are inside a building. It just goes the same to this particular thing called 'life'. We can never be living in such a happy life where there are no problems and obstacles. We sometimes envy others' lifes because they look so peaceful. We tend to compare theirs to ours that caused us to feel unfair. Why must life go this way? We thought. It makes us suffer unconsciously. We only complain all the time without trying to solve the problems. As we get too immersed in sulking the life out, the lightning comes into the view followed by loud thunders. We are shocked. We are frightened. Thinking as if it's already the last stage of our life. But we are wrong. Those times are just one of the hard times that occur in our life. There are still many hardships in store, awaiting for us. Hours pass by, and it is finally midnight. The surrounding becomes much darker than before, but the rain just won't stop yet. The sleepiness hits her, making her yawn. She decides to sleep with the accompaniment of the rain sound, and for no reason too, she decides to not close the curtain that's supposed to cover the window beside her bed. A decision sometimes is made by no reason, or more likely unreasonable for other people. When you decide your own path, there must be people who would dislike it and also, there must be people who would support it. A ray of sunlight tickles down her cheeks, it kind of bothers her, so she stirs in her sleep. Still closing her eyes, she somehow feels strange that she couldn't hear any sound of the rain anymore. Getting curious, she opens her left eye and then her right eye carefully. The view that greets her the very first time making her shock, it is too beautiful. What is it? She wonders. It looks like a bow and it has so many colors. She shoots up quickly as the realization came into her. She approaches her window, almost sticking her nose to the window's glass. Blinking her eyes numerous times, still not believing that it really comes out just as soon as she wakes up. She just could gawk at the scene. It's a rainbow. Somehow, the appearance of this phenomenon washes away all the gloomy feelings she has been having since last night. Staring at it kind of makes the burden on her shoulders lifted up for a while. It just does feel good. She keeps turning her head to the left and right, observing the view. There's this one thing that catches her attention, it's the change of the grasses and trees outside her house. The grasses and trees that used to be hitten by the rain are now growing taller, tougher, and stronger. The trees are now producing fruits. The flowers are blossoming in various colors. She remembers something. There is a saying 'We can't have a rainbow without having a little rain", now it makes sense to her, after going through this and that, drizzles, heavy rains, and even storms, now she realizes what she should does at that times is just waiting. Waiting in this case doesn't mean waiting without doing anything, but waiting while doing our best and also keep praying. It's the law of nature that speaks itself, we couldn't get 'a rainbow' unless there is a rain before. So whatever that comes into our life, bad or good things, just cherish every bits of it, and wait until our rainbow shows its existence.