^1^

dewey decimal your way to my heart

“Momo! Hey Momo, I was hoping you’d be in today, not that I didn’t know you would be but-” MIna rambles and giggles to herself quietly, “Sorry just, I got you something this weekend.”

Momo blushes deeply from where she’s standing but manages to shoot the younger girl a reassuring smile.

“I know you’re a John Green fan because well who isn’t but also I noticed you were reading Looking For Alaska last week and also that it’s a worn copy meaning you’ve read it a lot before if my assumptions are correct and also,” Mina pauses to breathe but doesn’t have any shame in her obvious notice of Momo’s activity, “I’d seen you reading it in the earlier months this year so I figured you might want a new copy? Hardcover and author’s edition?” she shyly smiles as she pulls the gift out of her back pack. “I know worn copies are meaningful from that time we talked about them last month but I also know author’s edition is the cat’s pajamas and I couldn’t resist buying it,” Mina continues, smiling even brighter when she notices the flush on Momo’s face.

“Mina, you- you shouldn’t have really,” Momo replies as she slowly takes the offered book out of the girl’s hands, cheeks flushing in surprise and a shy smile covering her beautiful lips. “I mean I love it really I do but- but I didn’t get you anything and now I feel-”

“Oh shush Momo you give me the gift of book advice and your presence to make school less torture,” Mina winks at the end and Momo flushes even more making Mina chuckle. “Now, now that that’s settled, what are we alphabetizing today?” Mina asks with a raised eyebrow as she looks at the stack of books Momo has on the cart in front of her.

“Just N to Z in history for this period, Mina,” Momo answers, grinning shyly as the younger girl grabs a book and begins scanning the numbers and letters that make up the Dewey Decimal system.

Momo used to blush and argue with Mina whenever the younger girl tried to spend her lunch period helping Momo with work, and she still blushes but she’s come to terms with Mina’s consistent begging to help and refusal to move until Momo lets her. She’s been used to Mina putting up a fight and finally stopped arguing over it in March of the girl’s junior year.

The first time Momo met Mina was in the October of the younger girl’s junior year. Momo was 20 years old and starting her part time job at the high school’s library while she took education courses. Mina had been looking for a biography about Aaron Burr for her AP United States History class when she stumbled upon the older girl and was immediately smitten as soon as she saw her face.

“Momo!” Mina shouts as she enters the library spotting the girl behind the counter as usual. Mina chuckles and shrugs sheepishly when the head librarian, Mrs. Hetrich scolds her with a shush. Mrs. Hetrich just shook her head with a small smile, already used to Mina’s enthusiasm when it came to Momo and not minding one bit (she had to keep up appearances though, so she still occasionally told them to quiet down).

Mina perks up at the younger girl’s voice, eyes snapping up to the entrance to find Momo dragging a gorgeous dark skinned girl by their interlocked hands towards her. Mina meets her gaze since she’s already looking at Momo and smiles brightly, waving with her free hand as she tugs her friend (?) over to Mina.

“Hey Momo,” Mina greets as she stops and leans on her elbows over the counter Momo’s stamping new book donations at. The girl accompanying Mina smiles but looks between the two girls curiously.  "This is my friend Jihyo, Jihyo this is Momo as you know,“ the youngest of the three introduces with a flush on her face because being with Momo just makes her flush, especially since Momo is in her glasses which makes her look a hundred times more adorable than usual, which Jihyo never thought would be possible.

"It’s nice to finally be able to put a face to the name I hear so often,” Jihyo teases, reaching a hand forward which Momo takes as her cheeks turn even more red at Jihyo’s words. Mina is shamelessly smiling at the pair, not minding that Jihyo just exposed her because Momo can obviously tell she has a crush on her and it’s not a huge deal.

“You too,” Momo replies with her usual shy grin. “It’s good to see Mina with a friend too, I was starting to think she just had the books,” she attempts to joke and to her relief the high schoolers both break into a fit of laughter.

“Oh c'mon Momo, you know there’s nothing wrong with just having the books, besides I’ve got you too right?” Mina teases back with her usual flirty grin and Momo flushes slightly and Jihyo just observes her best friend interacting with the girl she’s apparently head over heels for.

“Yeah umm, yeah that’s right,” Momo replies after a moment of just blushing, nervously fiddling with her fingers.

Mina hadn’t been secretive with her crush, but Momo was as oblivious as an oak tree, and she didn’t want to assume anything so she came to the conclusion that Mina was just a flirty person with everyone and it was just friendly to her.

 

-------------------------------

READ THE REST ON MY TUMBLR BLOG, Ultimate Female Kpop Ship Shots. Link: https://ultimatefemalekpopshipshots.tumblr.com/