-Oneshot-

It's okay, you know

"You did WHAT?", Jaebum screamed at Mark. "Did you really...? I can't believe this. I can't believe any of this." Jaebum had tears in his eyes while saying this words. 
"JB... liste-" 
"No, I don't want to hear anything right now. Just go. I don't want to see you.", Jaebum stopped him while he was talking. 
Mark didn't know what to do, so he just walked away in silence. It was the first time that Jaebum was so angry because of him. 
"He is just overreacting, he can't be that hurt... At least I hope so." 
Mark was thinking about too many things at once. 
"What if I really did a mistake? What if he wants to break up now? What if I messed up everything?" 
The moment he thought about the possibility that this could be the end of their relationship, the end of everything, Marks heart stopped beating for a few seconds. He was so scared of this thought, losing Jaebum would be the end for him. 


Jaebum and Mark knew each other since they were little kids. They went to the same school and were the best friends back than. Mark often went to Jaebums house to play with him, there wasn't a single day were they didn't saw each other. 
Mark always had feelings for Jaebum, but he couldn't tell him, because he was too afraid of losing him. One day when they were in Highschool they went on a trip together and Jaebum suddenly confessed to Mark. Mark was surprised at first, but he was also very happy. They became a couple and everything was perfect. They barely argued or fight about anything, everything was so peaceful. Until now. 


After the argue with Jaebum Mark was thinking about a place to go. "I can't go home now, there should be Youngjae." He wanted to be alone. "What is JB doing now? I'm worried." 
He was thinking about Jaebum all the time, he was the only thing he could think about. He'd love to go back to see him, but he was also too afraid of what would happen if he sees him again. 
It was already 9 o'clock. Youngjae must be worried, because Mark isn't at home, even though he's always home early. While Mark was walking down the dark streets he discovered a playground and decided to sit down a bit.
"Why am I so stupid? I should've never do that. The moment I recognized him having feelings for me I should stopped the whole tutoring thing." Marks eyes teared up and he started crying. "I hope I can explain everything to JB tomorrow and hopefully everything is going to be alright." 
There were too many things going on in his head, he couldn't think straight. What happened this day was too much for him. 


It all started like a totally normal day. He went to university and had some classes together with Jaebum, because they're studying the same subject. After that they had lunch together and went for a little walk around the campus. 
"What are you doing later?" Jaebum asked while they were walking. 
"I'm going to tutor Yuygeom in English, I'm sorry. When we're finished we can meet up." 
"Oh, right. I forgot. Is 6 o'clock okay? I have something for you."
"Something for me? Now I'm curious! But 6 is fine. I'm looking forward to it." 
Mark was so happy. It's been a while since they had the chance to meet outside of university. Mark and Jaebum both were too busy. Mark was busy with swim practice and Jaebum with producing songs with his Paradise Crew. 
While they were walking around Jackson, Marks ex-boyfriend, passed by. 
"Hey Mark! How are you? I need to talk to you. You're never replying to my messages. Just answer me once." Jackson started to talk to Mark, but Mark just walked away ignoring him. 
"Again this Jackson guy... I don't understand him at all. Why is he always trying to get close to you again? You said it's over, he should just accept it. Maybe I should talk with him and tell him you're mine", Jaebum mumbled. 
"JB, don't worry. He's an idiot, you know. I was just too stupid when I thought it could've been something serious with Jackson and me. I told you so many times that I never had real feelings for him. I was too naive and also drunked when all of this happened. All the time my heart wanted you, only you. I just needed to realize that." 
Jaebum didn't know what he should answer. It took him a while to find the right words. 
"He is just annoying, that's all. I just want the best for you. I know he's obsessed with you and texts and calls you all the time. I only want to protect you from any stress. You deserve better than this." 
Mark smiled while he was saying these words. 
"You're too nice, JB." He giggled. "But don't worry too much." Mark looked at his watch. "Oh, I need to go to swim practice now, I'm sorry we couldn't talk more. I'm looking forward to our meet up later! See you." 
"It's already time? You're always so busy... Okay, see you." Jaebum was left alone and he didn't know what to do, since he don't have any classes right now. He was walking around the campus when suddenly...


"Hey, Jaebum! Do you have a moment?" A familar voice appeard behind him and the moment he turned he recognized Bambam. 
"Oh... It's you Kunipmo-"
"Dare you to call me that way. Everyone's calling me Bambam. Please do that too." Bambam was a bit special when it comes to his name, nobody really knows why but he wanted to be called Bambam instead of his real name.
"Okay okay Bambam. What do you want? How can I help you?"
Bambam tooked a deep breath before talking. He looked angry.
"It's about Yugyeom and Mark. I don't want Mark to tutor my Yug anymore. The way Mark is looking at my beautiful Yugyeom makes me so sick. It pisses me off. I don't know if you recognized it, but I have the feeling Mark is doing way more than just tutoring him in English."
"Mark wouldn't do such a thing, he's not the type to do so. But I also have my problems with Mark tutoring him, because..."
"So you're saying my Yugyeom would do something?!"
"Bambam, calm down. I didn't say anything like this. We both want the same thing, we both want them to stop the tutoring. So please don't take on a fight and calm down. We can solve this together." 
"I know... I'm sorry. Sometimes I overreact when it comes to Yugyeom..." Deep inside Bambam was just a little child, who wants to protect the ones who are important to him, he is just afraid of losing anyone.
"It's okay, don't worry. I know how you feel, it's the same for me."
"Okay. Thank you for your understanding. But back to my problem. Can you please talk with Mark about this? I tried to talk with Yugyeom, but he don't want to stop." He looked rather down while saying those words. "He's always so happy when he talks about Mark helping him with English, he won't listen to my worries." 
Jaebum nodded. "I'm meeting Mark later. Don't worry, I'll do my best to confince him." 
"Thank you so much, JB. I need to go. I have classes now. Let's talk tomorrow about the results, bye bye." Bambam left and Jaebum was again alone. 
"Hmm... I guess I'm just going to the libary and study a bit." He decided to go to the libary and started studying. 


While Jaebum was studying Marks swimming practice ended. He was just changing when Jinyoung, another member of the swimming team, came and said:
"Hey, Mark. Good job today. The coach told me he wants to talk with you later about something. I don't know what, I was just supposed to tell you this." You could hear the coldness in Jinyoungs voice. It seems he was envious of Mark.
Jinyoung didn't really liked Mark, because he was always everyones favourite, he was always the best at everything. Everybody knows that Jinyoung was envious because of Mark. You could hear it in his way he talks. 
"Okay, got it. Thanks." Mark was replying quite late, because he was too busy with changing his clothes. After he finished he left without saying anything else. 


Mark was supposed to tutor Yugyeom now, so he was on his way to meet up with him.
"When Yug and I finish the lesson today, I need to go to the coach. After that I can finally meet JB. I'm still curious what he has for me. I can't wait." He was so excited to meet Jaebum outside of university again after such a long time. 
Mark arrived at the place where they wanted to meet, but Yugyeom was already there. 
"Oh, you're already here?" Mark was suprised to see him so early. 
"Of course I am! I couldn't wait to see you, Mark! I needed to be here so early to see you. I need to ace my English exams, you know. It's only possible with your help." Yugyeom was shining while he was talking about Mark.
"Then let's start right away, I have something to do afterwards, so it's good that we are starting earlier today." 
Mark had a weird feeling while tutoring Yugyeom today. He couldn't tell what exactly it was, but it felt not right. He always had the feeling that Yugyeom wanted more than just get tutored by him, but he didn't pay much attention to it, because he knew that Yugyeom was in a relationship with Bambam. 
Their lesson was nearly over. 
"Yugyeom, listen. I need to talk with you about something." Mark started to talk. 
"I'll do everything you want, Mark!"
"Okay. I think... I think I can't tutor you anymore. I think it would be the best for us." Yugyeom was shocked. 
"No way! I'm acing my English, how can you say something ridiculous like that?" He grabbed Marks arm. "You can't leave me like that, Mark. I need you..." He was like a little child holding on to someting precious. 
"Yugyeom..." Mark didn't know what he should say, he didn't want to hurt Yugyeom more than he already did with saying that. 
"M-Mark... You know, I really like you and I appreciate you a lot as my English tutor..." Yugyeom came closer to Mark while saying those words. "I don't want this to end. No matter what." He put his hands around Marks head and tried to kiss him. Mark automatically slapped Yugyeom and went back a few meters.
"What the heck are you doing?! What was this for? Are you stupid?" Mark was too shocked to say the right words, so he just said whatever came to his mind. He doesn't know what to do. Mark felt so bad for what happened, but he was more worried about Jaebums reaction. He needed to tell him as soon as possible, even though it's going to hurt him. "I-I'm shocked... Why did you do this..."

Yugyeom just smiled. He enjoyed the view of Mark being confused and in anxiety. 
"Yugyeom, you little . I don't want to see you anymore. I'm leaving now. Bye." Mark left as fast as he could. He didn't want to see Yugyeom anymore. He wanted to delete all his memories of him. 


Mark teared up as soon he went out of the building. He didn't know what to do. He was so afraid of what would happen if he's telling his boyfriend what happened.
"I did nothing wrong, did I? It was all his fault..." He tried to calm down, but it didn't worked out. He started crying even more while thinking about what happened just a few minutes ago. 
He knows that he needed to tell it his boyfriend, no matter what the result is going to be. He also knows that it will hurt him, but he was sure that Jaebum would understand him. While thinking clearly about the situation he stopped crying, he knows, at least he hoped, everything is going to be alright. 
Mark decided to see the coach of the swimming team first. "Okay, first I need to go to the coach, otherwise he's going to be super angry again. I can't let him wait any longer."
The coach just wanted to talk about the new captain position, nothing new. He just wanted to be sure that Mark's going to take that position, because the coach couldn't imagine anyone better than him. 


After they talked for several minutes Mark left and went to the place were he was supposed to meet Jaebum. There were 35 minutes left until they meet, but Mark wanted to be punctual and he wanted some time to think about everything he needs to tell Jaebum. 


Mark tooked a deep breath after he discovered Jaebum from far away. Now was the moment were he need to tell him what Yugyeom did. One thing that made Mark worry was that Jaebum wasn't smiling at all, something was odd. Normally he is smiling like a little child everytime they see eachother. 
"Hey, JB. Is something wrong? It seems you're not feeling well... Did something happen?" Mark was always worried, when Jaebum wasn't feeling well. He wanted the best for him, so he did everything he could for him to feel better.
"Ahhh... I'm okay. But is everything okay? Your eyes are red and a bit swollen. Did you cry?" 
Now that Jaebum is mentioning that. Mark didn't checked how he looked after he cried a while ago. He thought everything was okay, because the coach or anyone else didn't asked or said anything. 
"Well... Actually..." Mark tooked a deep breath again. "I need to talk about something." 
You could see the slightly shocked expression in Jaebums face. A few hours ago everything was alright, there were no problems at all. What happened to him? What could possibly happen to him? Jaebum had no clue. 
"So, you wanna talk about... something?" Mark nodded. "What's wrong?"
"I have no idea how to put this right... You know, I was tutoring Yugyeom this evening." The moment Jaebum heard that name he remembered the talk with Bambam. "Everything was quite normal. Something just seemed to be a bit weird with Yug, especially today. For a long time I had the feeling again that he wants more than just get tutored in English, but I thought it wasn't something serious, because he's already Bambams boyfriend. Maybe I was a bit lightheaded..." 
"What do you wanna say with this? Did something happen between you and Yugyeom?! I can't..."
"I didn't do anything, I swear! The moment I told him I don't want to tutor him anymore, he went totally crazy. He grabbed my arm and tried to kiss me. I didn't know what was going on..." He didn't know what to say anymore, he knew he screwed up. His eyes were tearing up again, he hoped Jaebum would say something. 
It felt like forever, before Jaebum showed any reaction. He was just standing there, unconditionally. He couldn't believe what he heard out of Marks mouth. It didn't made sense for him. One thing Jaebum surely knows, that Mark would never lie, no matter what. So he had to believe it, even though it hurts him. He tries to collect his thoughts so he could say something. He didn't know what to say, but he tried.


So, that what's happened before and while they were meeting. 


Now Mark is sitting at the dark and lonely playground, crying over his dumbness. He hurt Jaebum. His precious Jaebum, he couldn't believe it. He wished he would wake up, realizing everything was just a bad nightmare. But he didn't wake up. It was the reality.
After a while Mark decided to call one of his friends, because he needed something, some weed, to calm down and Mark was pretty sure that he would have something for him. After the okay from his friend Mark gladly walked all the way back near to the university. 
There was this little park near the university without many people. It was a quite nice place with a lot of beautiful trees and flowers, but not many people knew that this place exist. Mark's always getting his weed at the park, because the risk of getting caught is zero. 
He knows that Jaebum and even Youngjae, his roommate and friend, didn't liked it much that he is smoking weed, but it helps him a lot, especially in those kind of situation to stay calm and not get totally crazy.
"Maybe I should write Youngjae a message that I'm gonna be late? He's thinking I'm with JB..." Thinking again of Jaebum makes him started to drown in tears again. "I guess I'm writing him something short and after that I can finally smoke my weed I just got."


While he was typing the message he sensed something weird. Somebody was standing behind him. He turned that way and there was really someone standing behind him. First he didn't recognized who it was but then he saw Youngjae. He looked a bit worried. 
Mark was visibly irrated. "What...? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at home? Don't you need to do something for your scholarship?"
"Oh, I finished it just a few moments ago and decided to go on a walk with Coco." Coco was Youngjae and Marks little dog. "And it happened that I saw you. I just wanted to say hello at first. But somehow... Is everything alright? I thought you're with JB, but now you're sitting here... Again with this weed." Youngjaes voice was like a healing in Mark ears. He forgot how beautiful his voice can be, it's angel like. Even though he didn't want to talk to anyone, Youngjae was always able to get through to Marks heart. 
"I don't know how to say this. Too many things happened today. First of all..." It took him a while to say those words. But Youngjae knows that he just needed to be quite and listen to all of his worries first, because Mark needs his time to talk about his problems. 
"I... I hurt JB. My precious, most beautiful and very talented Jaebum. I can't believe I did this. I am so stupid, I don't deserve him. I'm such a shame. Why did this happen? I don't even know what to do now. I'm so afraid of losing him. I hope he can forgive me... But I didn't even do anything. It was all Yugyeoms fault..." Mark became silent. 
"Ey, Mark. I don't know what Yugyeom did or what excatly happened, but please. Get your together. Tell me first what happened. I'm sure it's not that big of a deal. You're just too sensitive." 
There were times were Youngjae was a bit harsh with his words, but that only means he likes the one he's talking to and is worried, it's not meant in a bad way. 
"Okay... As you know I was tutoring Yugyeom today. And something wasn't right all the time with him. I don't know how to say it correctly, but anyways. A short time before we decided to stop I told him I can't tutor him any longer, you know why. And... Yeah." He paused and tooked a deep breath. "After that he went totally crazy, grabbed my arm and stuff like that and... He tried to kiss me..." 
"So he didn't really kissed you? It was only he trying it?" Mark nodded. "So... Nothing happened at all?" He nodded again. "And why the heck are you now worrying so much?!" 
"It's just... You needed to see Jaebums expression while I was telling him what happened." 
"Mark. That is just because he loves you so much. I bet everything that he still loves you and will stay by your site. You know him much longer than I do, you should know this the best. Of course it's not nice to hear, that your boyfriend was kissed or nearly kissed by someone else. How would you react if JB told you something like that?" 

 

He wanted to open Marks eyes and make clear that it's not the end of the world and not the end of their relationship. Mark was a crybaby at times and tend to overreact. And now, with the first fight coming up, Mark got way more upset about it than he should. 
"I know what you want to say. I'm just going to talk with him tomorrow and hope everything is going to be alright..." 
Youngjae smiled. "I'm pretty sure everything is going to alright. Just a few days ago I talked with him and he said he couldn't imagine a life with you and that he's so sorry that he is so busy recently." 
Marks eyes started to shine when Youngjae said this words. "He really did? That makes me happy now... I'm feeling a bit better now. Thank you." 
"That's great. Let's go home together, it's already late. And I also don't want you to do anything stupid now." Youngjae was glaring at the weed Mark was holding in his hands. 
"Okay, okay... Let's go."
They went back to their dorm and Mark fell asleep right away. He was so exhausted because of what happened. He didn't slept well, but at least he got some hours of rest. 

 

The next morning Mark had his first class together with Jaebum. He was so afraid that he didn't want to attend the class. 
"Okay... I need to talk to him, before the class is starting. I hope I'll see him in time." He really wanted to talk to him, he was a bit anxious, but also had confidence because of the things Youngjae said to him. 

 

He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't noticed that Jaebum is already standing next to him. He was tipping on his shoulder. 
"Hey, Mark. I-" Mark stopped him while he was talking. 
"Jaebum, you don't need to say anythi-" He was stopped by Jaebum who started hugging him. You could see tears in his eyes. 
"Mark... I'm sorry. I overreacted yesterday. I wasn't thinking about how bad you needed to feel about this. I was so selfish... I still love you. I hope you know this..." Jaebum had his arms around Mark and started crying while talking to him. 
"Ahh, Jaebum. You really don't need to feel this way. I didn't explain things right. It's my fault... I also love you. I can't live without you. You're my everything, you know." He was touched by Jaebums words nad his hug. He didn't expect him to feel this way. He thought he would be angry at him, but he was regretting everything. "How do I deserve someone as precious as you...?"
They hugged eachother very tight until they needed to go to their class. They didn't care much about the looks from the other students. Everyone already knew they were a couple. 

 

Mark was so relieved that everything was okay again. It was easier than he thought. 
 

The next few days were pretty normal. Everything was like before, just one thing was different for Mark. Like he said, he won't tutor Yugyeom anymore. That's totally okay for him, he didn't wanted to see him again anyway.
Because Mark isn't in good terms with Bambam, Jaebum talked with him about what happened with Yugyeom and Mark. Bambam didn't want to believe what Yugyeom did. He can't imagine his Yugyeom trying to do such things. It sounded so ridiculous in his ears, he just pretended to not hear anything of this and just lived like nothing ever happened. 

 

It was a really nice day today. The sun was shining, it wasn't too hot today, even though it's already July. 
On this day Mark had his normal schedule. He was studying a little bit at the library, had classes and was eating lunch together with Jaebum. He was so happy, that they could enjoy their meals together. 
Sometimes he's thinking about what would be, if they breaked up after what happened, but that thought hurts him too much, that he's always stopping immediatly to think about it. 

 

After his classes were over he went back to his dorm. Youngjae was waiting for him, it looks like he had something on his mind to say. 
"Hey. You smoked again in our dorm, right?" Youngjaes angelic voice sounded so cold. 
"Yes, but I don't see the problem?" 
"It smells like . I told you so many times to not do it inside, so please..." 
"Alright, alright." Mark wasn't interested in the things Youngjae was saying at all. He didn't care much about where he smoked or where not.
"Do you even listen? I'm talking with you." 
"It's okay. I'm listening. Don't pick on a fight, okay?" Hearing Youngjae talking like that made him a little bit angry.
"I'm not picking on a fight at all, I just want you to stop smoking inside of our dorm. That's all." 
"Okay, okay. I got it. I won't do it anymore." Youngjae noticed, that Mark looks like he didn't care and that go him in rage. 
"You know what? Sometimes I would be so happy to never had you as my roommate, you're so annoying at times. I can't believe how I'm able to live together with you."
The only thing you could hear from Mark right now, was he hitting on something and leaving as fast as he was able to. 
"Sometimes Youngjae is a bit too sensibel. I hope he changes soon. It's so annoying. He's pissed of because of every little thing recently... Anyway... I need to go to swim practice soon. I don't have the time to think about it."


Mark headed straight to his swimming practice. Swimming was a good way for him to be less stressed. He wanted to dive into the water and forget all his worries. 
He was so glad that he had individual swimming practice today. He loves it very much, because he can train what he wants to and don't need to hold back, because of the other team members. He was just happy to be in the water.
Beside the fact that Youngjae is mad at him, everything was perfect for Mark. His relationship with Jaebum was better than ever, he's the top 1 swimmer in the swimming team and he is one of the best students at the university. He seems to have a nearly perfect life. What could possibly destroy his peaceful life?


His individual swimming practice was over, he was just going ot of th water when somebody came from behind and suddenly hit Mark with something hard at the back of his head. It came out of nowhere, he didn't reconized anything at all. He fell back in the water and drowned. A lot of blood came out of his wound. The person who hit him cleaned everything neccesary up and left without anyone noticing him.


A few moment later Jinyoung entered the room. 


Jinyoung was shocked seeing Mark laying in the pool. Unconditionally, with a lot of blood swimming around him. He didn't know what to do. It took him a while until he called an ambulance. 
When the ambulance arrived, Jinyoung wasn't able to answer all the questions right away, he was too shocked and didn't had a clear mind.
But one thing was clear. He had no idea what happened or what could have happened. The only thing he knows, the only thing everyone knows is that Mark is dead, he was killed by someone. But who was the culprit? Who did this to Mark? Who was able to kill someone like him? Nobody knows.