It all starts here!

Circumstances change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum’s Pov

Sitting down in formal attire at the Grand Hyatt Taipei, has got me nervous. I don’t know why but my palms start to sweat as we wait in silence. It could be the fact that my parent’s look anxious, or it could be that they, who don’t even allow me to stay at home if I am unwell, have pulled me out of school in the middle of the day. That is making me exceptionally anxious.

I notice that the tea table has a been set for four. ‘Is the staff just being lazy, or is someone else coming?’ My head is full of possible reasons, explanations for why I’m not at school, why the table is set for four. If this was something to do with my parent’s work, they would most definitely not have involved me, so what is going on??

My thoughts are suddenly interrupted by mother clearing , obviously getting ready to shed some light on the reason I am here.

“Areum I know by now you’re probably wondering what you’re doing here, and I know that you are probably fantasizing that some celebrity is going to walk through the door, but of course that is not going to happen” she said, starting to regain the colour in her face.

“we’re actually here to meet someone very important, so you must sit up straight like the proper young lady I have taught you to be. The person, he….. he is …..” she stops, as her attention is drawn to an elderly gentleman walking towards our table.

I look towards the man approaching, I stared at him, trying to figu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter