A Protector and A Spoiled Girl

Opposite Attractions

Nobody knows the true color of Myoui Mina, the symbol of elegance, as she always appear calm and collected. Jihyo never know Mina has another side of her that she usually hide behind her gorgeous appearance.

****

Jihyo is the class president while Mina is the top class student who never failed to reach top three at school. Although both of them are classmates but they rarely speak to each other since Mina thought Jihyo is too loud and too playful, while Jihyo have no confidence to approach the perfect girl named Myoui Mina.

"Okay, class dismissed"

The teacher left the class and the students are quickly going out of the class as they hurriedly go to the cafetaria for lunchbreak. Jihyo loud voice often makes Mina startle since she isn't used to that. Jihyo calls Jeongyeon who is sitting at the back, she just wake up from her nap.

"Yoo Jeongyeon, how long are you planning to sleep?"

Nayeon who is sitting next to Mina rolls her eyes as she always feel annoyed with Jeongyeon. They often argue for small matter that people called them cat and dog.

Nayeon drags Mina to the cafetaria. Mina and Nayeon are the often mistaken as twins since they have the same haircut but different color, the two of them are the top students too. 

Jihyo and Jeongyeon are like gag duo at school, they keep showing their dork whenever they get the chance. Even their classmates are often embarrased with their act.

****

Mina feel unwell the next morning, she get a fever. She tell the school that she won't attend the school today and plan to rest a lot.

Jihyo still hesitate as she goes to visit Mina's house since she lost the bet with all her classmate. She beg Nayeon to come with her but she said that she is busy with student council. So here she is, alone, on the way to the Myoui's residence. She has no idea why Mina's house is this big, she is literally a princess. Jihyo wait nervously in front of the gate as she talk on the interphone. In just a few minutes the gate open automatically, causing Jihyo's jaw drop as she see how wide the gap from the gate to Myoui's house.

Jihyo knock on the door and frown as she sees the one who open the door is Mina herself. She look in complete mess, her pajamas buttoned up wrong and she looks so pale.

"Oh my, what happen with you?"

"Can't you see it yourself?"

Jihyo look so worried as she never thought she will see messy Mina in front of her. She touch Mina's forehead to check.

"Yah, your fever is high. Come, hop on my back"

"....you sure? Is it okay?"

"It's fine, i don't want you to faint here. Where is the other people?"

"I'm alone here"

"Alone?"

Mina hop on Jihyo's back and Jihyo carries her to her room which is on the upstairs.

"Yeah, i get sick on the wrong day, the maids are taking their day off"

"What? Gosh, you should have told me sooner. Anyway, have you eat something?"

"How could i tell you? We don't have each other number. Not yet"

"Oh, you are right. Ugh, seriously. I'll take care of you for today then, just until your parents are home"

Jihyo lay Mina down on the bed and put on wet towel on Mina's forehead and cover her with blanket.

"I'll cook you something. Just wait here, don't go anywhere. You get it?"

".....alright"

Mina nods, Jihyo rolls her sleeves and go downstairs as she is going to cook. Jihyo look and search around the kitchen the ingredients that she need to cook a porridge and soup. She is amazed with what's inside the Myoui's fridge. Everything is packed neatly and there is a lot of food inside it, which mostly frozen foods.

"She has a lot here, too bad she doesn't know how to cook. Is she a princess or something?"

Jihyo talks to herself as she cook, Mina walk to the kitchen so slow that Jihyo doesn't even notice it at all.

"I'm not a princess"

Jihyo startles and look behind her, she finds Mina stand right behind her so when she turn around her face is so close with Mina that she suddenly back away a few steps.

"Y...yah, why are you here? I told you to rest?"

"You are my guest, i shouldn't let you take care of me"

"Mina, just hear me once. Go to rest and i'll bring you the food when it's done"

"...no, this isn't right...."

Mina is about to talk more but she feel so dizzy that Jihyo need to hug her so she can stand.

"See, i told you to rest"

"Nooo"

Mina suddenly talk with an aegyo voice, causing Jihyo to smile wide.

"What a cute girl!"

"Minari isn't cute, listen to me Jihyo ya"

Mina still resist to get rest as her voice become more and more cuter. Jihyo suddenly feel soft, she bring her to the couch and let her sit, she kneel down as she tries to convince Mina, but Jihyo act as if she's handling a little girl.

"Minari, you need to listen to me. Be a good girl and stay here while i cook for you"

"But Minari doesn't like to be alone"

Jihyo tries hard not to squeal as she watch how adorable Mina is, in front of her. Thanks to her faver, Jihyo can see that side of Mina which she is sure no one know this.

Jihyo her hair and talk again as Mina now holding on the tip of Jihyo's shirt.

"I'll be here soon, Minari"

"Don't go, Minari doesn't like to be left alone"

Mina stare at Jihyo with her puppy eyes, Jihyo can't help but hug the girl in front of her tight.

"Oh my god, Mina. Why are you so cute?"

"Minari isn't cute"

She whines but she hug Jihyo back. They stay like hugging each other for a few minutes. Jihyo rush to the kitchen again as she smell something burnt.

Jihyo is back bringing the porridge and slightly burnt bacon. Mina sit while crossing her arms, she look upset since she keep pouting the moment she sees Jihyo approach her.

"I'm sorry, i almost burn the kitchen"

"Jihyo is a liar, Minari doesn't like Jihyo"

"Aigo, why are you mad at me? Here, i'm going to feed you"

Jihyo sit beside Mina and start feeding her. At first Mina refuse but she slowly open and eat it.

"Is it tasty? Do you like it?"

Mina glance at Jihyo and back to her usual self as she reply Jihyo.

"Uh...it's fine, i...i can eat by myself you don't have to...."

"Minari open your mouth, aaa"

Mina unconsciously open and eat again. She rubs her forehead slow as she regain her consciousness.

"Look Jihyo, you don't have to feed me. I'm oka-"

"Minari, open your mouth again"

Mina does it automatically, she keep trying ti show her cold side but Jihyo seems not affect at all.

"Jihyo i said stop it!"

Mina hold the spoon Jihyo held. She bite her lips as she tries to talk, but seeing Jihyo frown she put her hand back and let Jihyo feed her more.

"You actually love it being spoiled aren't you?"

Jihyo smile widely as she sees Mina blushing. Mina keep looking away.

"J...Just don't tell this to anyone, i beg you"

"You're so cute, do you know that?"

"I'm not cute at all"

"Who said so?"

"People"

"Don't believe them, you are cute"

"J...Jihyo can you stop calling me cute? I'm not cute, my appearance doesn't fit with the word 'cute' at all"

Jihyo hug Mina's head on her chest and keep Mina's hair softly.

"Shhh, Minari. If you want i can spoil you as much as you want"

"N...no"

"I promise i won't tell anyone about this, you don't have to hide anything from me Minari"

"R....really? You already promise me, i will hate you to death if you broke the promise"

Mina glance at Jihyo as she link her own pinky finger to Jihyo's pinky. Jihyo chuckles and nods.

****

Mina look away when she meet Jihyo on the hallway the moment Jihyo greet her. She pass Jihyo by and walk to the opposite direction. Jihyo put her hand down as she look down and walk to the class.

Jihyo is on the way to the restroom when someone pull her to the empty dark corner. Jihyo almost scream in fear but Mina cover quickly.

"Yah, you almost make me get a heart attack Mina"

"I just want to say sorry"

"Huh? For what?"

"That i didn't greet you back earlier"

"...oh, that"

"You won't hate me right?"

"Why would i hate you, Minari?"

"Thank goodness, then i'll leave now"

"You just want to say that?"

"Yes, what else do you expect me to say?"

Jihyo grins and hug Mina all of sudden, Mina freeze as she just stand stiff while Jihyo hug her.

"You are so adorable, too bad people don't know this"

"Y...yah, what are you doing?"

"I'm spoiling you right now, Minari. Just calm down"

Mina turn soft and hug Jihyo more as she feel comfortable around Jihyo.

"Thank you, your hug is the best Jihyo ya"

****

"Minari!"

Mina stand still as someone call her with that nickname and it's not Jihyo voice at all. She turn around and find Lisa greet her cheerfully.

"How did..."

"Let me spoil you too"

Lisa rub Mina's chin and grins wide. Mina feel uncomfortable as they both are in the corridor and many students see them as they pass them by. Mina feel so upset all day that she keep glaring to people all day.

Right after the bell ring and the students are going out of the class, Mina slam her hands on Jihyo desk.

"You broke the promise, how dare you?"

"Huh? What?"

"I hate you, Park Jihyo!"

Mina take her bag and leave the clueless Jihyo just like that. Jihyo tries to call Mina and even visit her home but Mina still refuse to talk. Mina keep ignoring her at school and Jihyo still has no idea what actually happen.

It's been a week since they both didn't talk to each other at all, Jihyo keep trying to reach Mina but she get rejected over and over again that it frustrated Jihyo. Jihyo sigh heavily when Lisa suddenly sit in front of her.

"I always want to be close to Mina, i don't know that she likes being spoiled, thanks to you i'm sure she will be more open up to me"

"Huh? What are you saying?"

"I heard it, when i wanted to go to the restroom, that you talk about spoiling Mina"

"Y...You heard that?!"

"Yeah, why?"

"Ugh, i need to go now"

"Hey"

Jihyo leave Lisa as she run to search for Mina. Jihyo find Mina on the library as she reads alone.

"Can we talk outside?"

"No!"

"Please, Mina"

"There is nothing that we need to talk about"

"Please, just hear me this time"

"Just go"

"MINA!"

Jihyo voice is enough to make them both get kicked out of the library. Jihyo tries to talk to her by asking her to come with her but Mina refused it.

"Just this time, i promise i won't disturb you again. Just hear my explanation first"

Mina finally nods and follow Jihyo to the back of the school where no one is around. Jihyo hold both of Mina's hands and look at her.

"I'm sorry about what happened with you and Lisa but i really didn't know she heard me back then. This is just a mistake"

"I shouldn't trust you..."

"I'm sorry, Minari"

"Don't call me with that nickname again"

"M...Mina"

Jihyo look down as she feel sad, Mina let go of her hands and back away.

"I'm just...sorry, i know that was my fault for causing you trouble, but i just....feel i want to hug you whenever i see you around, i'm fighting that urge to hold you close to me, it's just back then i feel that you're being so adorable that i wanna keep you in my arms, Mina. I know i shouldn't be this selfish..."

Jihyo sees Mina's shoes in front of her, she look up and find the upset Mina is holding on the tip of her shirt again.

"H...hug, i want you hug...only your hug...Jihyo"

Jihyo hug Mina tight as if she wants to protect the girl in front of her. Jihyo keep hugging Mina as she sobs quietly.

"Don't be mad at me, i can't handle it Minari"

"....alright"

Mina hug her more and kiss the crown of Jihyo's head. She miss her, and her hug. Jihyo's hug is always the best for her. It's calming, and warm.

***

Gah, too much feels, i'm drowning in minahyo atm xD

Thanks for subscribes and comments, see you all on my other story. Have a nice day!