Zero to Sixty in 3.5 (2)

Royal Ice

 

A/N: Wahaha, I’m sorry. I couldn’t resist not ending in a cliffhanger. Anyway, I think this multi-shot will be fluffy so not much drama. Oh yeah, compared to my other stories, their relationship in this one will progress much faster. Much much faster. (Hence the title)


 

 

Tiffany huffed in annoyance as she remembered the earlier events. She remembered how both of them looked at Hayeon with flushed faces, as if they’ve been caught doing something illegal – which wouldn’t be as irritating for Tiffany if that stupid kiss did happen. Taeyeon refused to look at her after that… incident, and it irked her. She spent the rest of Hayeon’s celebration avoiding Taeyeon.

 

But didn’t she want that too? Or was I only assuming things? Maybe she wasn’t even leaning forward!

 

She shifted on her seat for the tenth time during the fifteen-minute ride.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

She glanced at her father briefly before looking out the window. “Nothing, Dad.”

 

“Oh come on, I’m your father. I know it’s not nothing.”

 

She contemplated. Should she ask him if she could go to the car show tomorrow? Wait, does the offer even still stand? Does Taeyeon still want her to come? She was confused and bothered. She sighed and shook her head.

 

Unknown to her, Mr. Hwang was observing her from the other side of the car. He chuckled silently at how her expression would change from confusion to that of irritation.  He shook his head and decided to just let his daughter be.

 

-

 

She groaned when her phone beeped, fighting the urge to throw it against the wall. She massaged her aching head, which was the result of a sleepless night. She was still frustrated about that ‘kiss’ – if you can even call it that – that she found it hard to get some shut eye.

 

She grabbed her phone from her bedside table and tapped the screen to open the message.

 

Good morning, Tiffany! Have you asked your dad about that car show?

 

Her brain instantly started working and her eyes widened. It was Taeyeon. She still wants me to come?

 

She fumbled on her phone, trying to think of a reply. She ruffled her head and just let her fingers do the work.

 

You still want me to come?

 

She waited for the reply. It soon came.

 

Of course, silly. Why wouldn’t I want you to come? I invited you, didn’t I?

 

She indeed felt silly but she had to make sure. She didn’t want to assume again and get disappointed again.

 

Yes, you did.

 

Okay then. So what did he say?

 

Oh right. I haven’t asked. She jumped off her bed and practically ran to her father’s room. She furiously knocked on the man’s door, only to receive no answer. She knocked harder until she felt a tap on her shoulder.

 

“Ms. Hwang, is there a problem?”

 

“Ahjumma, where’s Daddy?”

 

“Oh, he’s having breakfast downstairs.”

 

“Oh, right.” She thanked the old lady and rushed to the dining room, finding her dad sipping his coffee while reading the newspaper. “Daddy!”

 

The man was startled by the sudden appearance of his daughter, who shouted and was panting. “Yes, darling? You’re up early today. Do you have any plans?”

 

“Dad, can I go to a car show?”

 

“Car show?” He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Since when was his daughter interested in cars?

 

“Yes. Taeyeon invited me to come with her.”

 

“Ah…” He finally understood. “I got confused there for a second,” he chuckled, “but go ahead. I’m sure Taeyeon will take good care of you.”

 

She squealed in delight and hugged her father tightly. “Thanks, Dad!” She pecked his cheek.

 

“I’ve never thought I’d see the day you’d be this interested in cars,” he shook his head and went back to reading the papers.

 

She grinned at him, happy that he didn’t know her true reason for being this excited. She ran back to her room and grabbed her phone again, only to see another message from Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany? Did he allow you to go? I can talk to him if he didn’t agree.

 

She smiled.

 

No no. He said yes. What time is it again?

 

Ah, good. It’s at 10:30, so you have about an hour and a half.

 

Okay, I’ll meet you there at around 10:15? Can you text me the address so I can tell our driver?

 

She waited for the reply but when none came, she shrugged and took her bathrobe from her closet then went inside her bathroom to get ready.

 

-

 

She came out of the bathroom, feeling refreshed. She grabbed her phone from her table again and frowned when there was still no reply from Taeyeon. How was she supposed to go to the show if she doesn’t know where it will be? She decided to text Taeyeon again.

 

Taeyeon? Where’s the show going to be?

 

She pushed her phone aside while waiting for the reply and dried her hair. She let out a frustrated sigh when there was still message from her crush. Was this all a joke?

 

Just then, she heard a knock from her door. She huffed and walked slowly to the door. She opened it and was shock to see the person standing in front of her.

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

She saw Taeyeon freeze in her spot as she looked at her from head to toe. Following the girl’s gaze, she realized that she was only in her bathrobe. She let out a gasp and slammed the door on Taeyeon’s face.

 

She frantically searched for a shirt and a pair of shorts and put them on quickly. She checked herself in front of the mirror. She grimaced at the sight. Her hair was all over the place and her clothes were not worn properly. She grabbed her brush and quickly fixed her hair. She then ran to the door and opened it, only to see Taeyeon still frozen and dazed.

 

She smiled at the cute sight. She snapped her fingers in front of Taeyeon. “Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head and blinked rapidly. “O-oh. Sorry.”

 

Tiffany grinned, happy to have that kind of effect on Taeyeon. “It’s alright. Oh! Wait! Why didn’t you reply to any of my messages?”

 

“Oh! I was driving so I can’t be bothered with my phone.”

 

“Where were you going?”

 

“Here.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I drove here. It would be such a waste of gas if we go separately, so I thought I’d pick you up.”

 

If her face could get any redder, it would have. She suppressed a wide smile and asked the girl to come in her room, as she got dressed – inside the bathroom, mind you.

 

She walked out minutes later clad in a pair of white short shorts and light pink button up blouse.

 

“Couple look,” she heard Taeyeon mumble under her breath. Confusion was written all over her face but it soon turned into that of surprise when Taeyeon clutched her blue light blue – how did she even not notice that – button up blouse. Now that she had a proper look at Taeyeon, the two of them definitely looked like a couple.

 

She thought about changing but when she took a glance at the time, she realized that should she decide to change, they’d end up running late. She took a deep breath and picked up her purse, acting like she didn’t hear what Taeyeon said. “Let’s go?” Looking like a couple isn’t that bad.

 

“Right. Let’s go.”

 

-

 

They got there just in time before the opening. The place was packed with spectators and participants. It was hard for anyone to squeeze through the crowd – even for Taeyeon and Tiffany. Actually, it was a little easier on Taeyeon as she was a little on the short side and her body was petite. For Tiffany, however, it was like a great challenge.

 

Taeyeon barged through the crowd but Tiffany found it hard to follow the girl, as the people would go back to their places and block her way. She was pushed and shoved and it was making her a little irritated. I shouldn’t have come here. Just as she was about to give up on making her way through, a hand grasped hers and she was pulled near the stage. When she had a proper place upfront, she looked at the hand tightly holding hers and saw Taeyeon looking towards the stage, obviously trying hard not to look back at her. The girl’s face was as red as a tomato but she didn’t say anything. On second thought, I’m glad I came.

 

She saw Taeyeon’s dad come up the stage. He did the opening speech and everyone in the huge room clapped their hands – except her. She wanted to clap too, but she didn’t want to let go of Taeyeon’s hand.

 

Surprisingly, Taeyeon didn’t let go of her hand either. The girl was only smiling brightly at her father. Once the opening ceremonies ended, the crowd dispersed and went to look at the displayed cars. Not having an idea what to do next, Tiffany let Taeyeon lead the way.

 

The girl led her to the side of the stage where she sees Mr. Kim standing. He smiled at them as they walked nearer. “Good morning, Ms. Hwang. I’m glad you could come.”

 

She bowed to him and smiled. “Please call me Tiffany or Miyoung, Mr. Kim and it’s my pleasure.”

 

“Then feel free to call me Uncle.” He then eyed his daughter. “Good job with the marketing, Taeyeon-ah. Your first project, and it’s going great.”

 

“Thanks, Dad.”

 

He smiled at Taeyeon before looking down at their hands. Tiffany followed his gaze and saw that he was looking at their hands. Oh my gosh, why is he looking at our hands like that? Friends do this right? And we’re… friends, right? The last thought made her sad, but she didn’t show it. She looked back at Mr. Kim and saw him shaking his head while smiling.

 

“I’ll be going around, Taeyeon-ah, but I’ll probably leave in half an hour. Do you think you can handle everything around here?”

 

Taeyeon nodded. “If I need anything, I can just ask Jihae unnie or Minwoo oppa for help.”

 

Mr. Kim nodded. “Alright. Enjoy you two.” He waved and left.

 

Once he was out of sight, Taeyeon turned to her. “Do you want to see the cars?”

 

She nodded and felt Taeyeon squeeze her hand before leading her to the exhibit.

 

-

 

“And that one’s a Nissan GTR R35. I’ve always wanted one but mom and dad told me to save up for it.”

 

She nodded, trying to digest everything Taeyeon was telling her about the different cars they saw but found it hard. How many different cars are there? “Why isn’t there a pink one?”

 

Taeyeon stopped walking to look at her and chuckled. “Pink? Pink won’t look cool in a car show.”

 

“Says you. Pink can be cool too, you know.”

 

Taeyeon laughed and pulled her hand to start walking again. “Alright, whatever you say.”

 

They continued walking with Taeyeon telling Tiffany about the different cars displayed. Taeyeon even introduced her to some of her friends who owned some of the cars displayed in the show. She half-expected them to be big burly men with tattoos or women with huge chests, big hair, and chewing gum disgustingly. That earned a loud laugh from Taeyeon who asked her, ‘You really like stereotyping, don’t you?’ She had to lower her head in shame and told Taeyeon that it was because of the movies she watched from before. Fortunately, Taeyeon didn’t take it badly.

 

Taeyeon’s friends were anything but big and disgusting. They were actually all pretty and nice.

 

The two of them spent about two hours in the car show before Taeyeon asked her if she would like to have lunch. She said yes, obviously.

 

-

 

“Can I ask you something?” Tiffany asked as she took a bite of her burger.

 

“Sure, go ahead.”

 

“What made you interested in cars? I mean, it’s not usual for a girl to be this interested in cars.”

 

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe it’s because Appa likes cars too. People often say that we’re like mirror images of each other, and I guess it extended until the things we like. Appa and Umma never had a problem with it anyway, so everything’s cool.”

 

“Ah,” Tiffany nodded and took another bite. She thought about how Taeyeon looked cool earlier when she was driving. She wasn’t even driving that fast! Taeyeon was driving at a normal speed but everything about her screamed cool. By now, all thoughts of liking a girl seemed insignificant to her. What’s wrong with it anyway? Okay, so maybe Dad would kill me if he found out, but...

 

“Can I ask you something too?” Her thoughts were interrupted by Taeyeon’s sweet voice.

 

“Go ahead.”

 

“Were you really going to kiss me yesterday?”

 

Tiffany choked on her burger. She coughed and tried to reach out for her drink, which Taeyeon handed to her. She completely forgot about the kiss and thought maybe Taeyeon forgot about it too because they’ve been together since this morning and Taeyeon wasn’t saying anything about it.

 

Taeyeon looked on concernedly. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked that.”

 

“N-no. It’s… uh…”

 

“Taengoo!” They both turned their heads at the voice and saw Yuri, one of Taeyeon’s friends from the car show, walking in the restaurant.

 

“Hi, Yul.”

 

Tiffany just waved her hand, still thinking about what Taeyeon asked. Would it be weird if she asked Taeyeon the same question? Why would it, though? She asked first! But what if she was going to tell me that she thinks it’s disgusting? But… but…

 

Tiffany was too preoccupied with her thoughts that she didn’t notice Yuri leave.

 

“Aish, you’re really a messy eater.” Taeyeon’s voice broke her thoughts again. Her head snapped to the side, and for the second time this weekend, Taeyeon’s face was so close to hers. Her eyes were wide and so were Taeyeon’s.

 

She gulped, wanting that kiss that never happened yesterday. She was contemplating on whether to close the gap or not. Then she remembered her thoughts earlier. What if Taeyeon didn’t like to be kissed by some girl she just met not even a week ago? What if she’s disgusted by the thought of girls liking girls?

 

Her mind was a whirlwind. Luckily, or unluckily, Taeyeon pulled away and handed a napkin. “Er, here.”

 

“Th-thanks.”

 

And for that second time in that weekend, too, everything was awkward.

 

-

Tiffany stepped out of the car and Taeyeon followed. They walked up the stepped and Tiffany took out her keys from her bag before inserting it into the keyhole and twisting the doorknob to open the door.

 

She then faced Taeyeon. “Thanks for today, Taeyeon. I enjoyed it.” I would’ve enjoyed it more if a kiss was involved but whatever.

 

“Me too.”

 

Silence.

 

“Um, well, goodbye.”

 

“Bye,” Taeyeon mumbled.

 

Tiffany took one last look at Taeyeon before turning to walk inside her house.

 

“W-wait!”

 

Tiffany turned back when she heard Taeyeon but what happened next made her eyes almost pop out from it’s sockets.

 

Pressed against her lips were Taeyeon’s.

 

She couldn’t breathe. Heck, she didn’t want to breathe if that would mean ending whatever this is. It wasn’t even a real kiss. It was just Taeyeon’s lips gently pressed against hers.

 

But it sent her to heaven.

 

Taeyeon pulled away shortly and muttered another goodbye before scurrying to her car and driving away, leaving Tiffany breathless and wanting for more.



 

Who here is going to see SNSD on January 19 when they come to the Philippines? Raise your handssssss! :) I need friends! Haha I'm a lonely duck. :))